main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

3rd Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: York/Lancaster, PA' started by TenguJedi, Jun 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chld-dark

chld-dark Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2003
    I'm not a big fan of sports for the most part either. Unless they're swinging the bats at each other, and then well, it's cool, as long as there's lots of blood, yeah that's it blood.

er
    ..wait..

um..
    Ok..

So what's the plan?

Day / Time / Place ?

:)

Dark

Now returning you to your regularly scheduled program.

2. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Sat July 19th Movie and dinner meeting in Harrisburg, Hoyts on Valley Rd, time around noon.

Bob and Michelle if you can find out what time LXG is playing that would be great!

3. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Rick, you keep saying dinner meeting, do you mean the night-time meal or were we going to eat and have the meeting before the movie?

From everything I've seen and heard LXG is going to rock and there is incredible sequel potential!

4. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Sorry I keep forgetting to change that to Lunch...

5. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    OK, good, I thought that was what we were going for, but wasn't absolutely sure. I guess after we find the times that LXG is showing that day we should find out what restaurants are nearby.

6. LadyMischief

LadyMischief Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2003
    grumble, the 19th? I was invited to a birthday party for twins that are in my class that day. oh well... guess I'll skip it, I can't do both.

The theatre is located
    Regal (Hoyts) Cinemas Harrisburg 14
    1500 Caughey Drive
    Harrisburg, PA 17112
    Box-Office Phone: (717)526-2140

and there are a KABILLION resteraunts around here. so you name it, we can have it.

7. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    HEY GUYS-
    Just peeking my head in to say congrats on your 3rd meeting-

I am always in the York/ Lancaster/Harrisburg area and would like to meet up for a meeting or just a beer and wings!

Take care and have fun

~DG~

8. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    :eek:

wow...you got my co-Prez's graces yesterday...

But he couldn't even post in the NJ forum. :p

~J.Sat~
    co-Prez/NJO

In my dreams here, I have seen the destruction of the Jedi. The death of the Republic. I have seen the Temple in ruins, the Senate smashed, and Coruscant itself shattered by orbital bombardment from immense ships of impossible design. I have seen Coruscant, the seat of galactic culture, become a jungle far more hostile and alien than any on Haruun Kal.
    I have seen the end of civilization.
    -Mace Windu, Shatterpoint

9. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    "All are welcome, all are welcome.. come into the light.. " :D

Seriously, let us know when you'll be in the area and I'm sure at least one of can meet you and hang out for the day, or whatever. And if you want to attend one of our meetings or get-togethers, just let us know so we can get you directions.

10. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Ok people sound off! Who's attending this meeting?

11. LadyMischief

LadyMischief Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2003
    Okay I just have one question, must we see LXG? Bob and I already seen it, and honestly it was bad. I mean I'll sit through it again if that's what everyone wants to see.

here is what else that's playing....

Pirates of the Carabean (if mr anti-johnny depp gets over his fear, I've been told by everyone that it's a great movie)

the hulk (i was told it held nothing true to the comics and sucked)

28days (everyone that's seen it says it's good)

Sinbad (i'm always up for a cartoon :))

~Michelle

12. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Actually Michelle it's looking as if we may have to postpone this meeting.. My transport is having hyperdrive problems..( my car is acting up ) Sorry..

Why don't we try to have this meeting near the beginning of August.

13. chld-dark

chld-dark Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2003
    That works for us.

We'll need a more definite date, as the weekend of the 25th, 26th, 27th we're going to be busy, Michelle's birthday and all.

I don't think we have any plans for the first weekend in August, at least nothing that is set in stone.

-Dark-

14. Muasue

Muasue Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2003
    if it's gonna be in harrisburg,I can't go.
    I know moves that a 9.5 year old girl could see: MIB, Goerge of the Jungle, Casper, willy wokka....ect. I culd go on,but a really good one is Mars Attacks.

15. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Ok looks like the soonest we can make it would be the weekend of the 9th.. how is that with everyone? We'll need an activity for the day as well.. Also the 16th is the first day of the Pa Ren Faire...

Michelle you're right about LXG.. I would Not go see that again.

16. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    :( sorry to see your meeting has been postponed. Keep your chins up and keep planning! you'll get there! Let me know when you have your dates all set :)

Good luck!!

17. Muasue

Muasue Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2003
    Also the 16th is the first day of the Pa Ren Faire...

Oh Coo Rickl!! :cool: My aunt works at one! Maybe I could come for one if it isn't too far from Wrightsville... :D ! I hope I can make it...

Oh,btw,don't plan anything around the 26,27,or 28....I'll be starting school again.. :( If you have plans on those days,I can't go...

18. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    No one under the age of 18 is permitted at meetings or events. Nor will anyone under 18 be considered a member. They are however welcome here on the boards.

19. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    OK, so, of the members, what is your availability for this month. I am free this weekend, if we want to pull off an impromptu meeting. I believe that the the 23rd and 24th also work for me. I can't make any meetins/activities on Labor Day weekend, I am heading for WVa (and hopefully this time there won't be any vehicular problems).

20. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    I may or may not be here this weekend.. so I'm not sure.. I have to check about other weekends yet..

21. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    I'm thinking that an official meeting may have to be out of the question as I think we need more time for posting the meeting on TF.N, I thought it was earlier in the week, I just got back from a "vacation" and my days are all messed up.

Tengu- you, Em, and I could meet one evening to discuss advertising strategies for around here. I can even come over by you if it would make things easier.

22. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Ugh the 23rd won't work.. that's the KofP BBQ..

23. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Does this your going to the BBQ TenguJedi? You have till this Saturday to let me know.

Ok, back to sewing!!!

24. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Are you guys still going to have a 3rd meeting?
    Would be nice to make you official ;)

25. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Would be nice to do that, but as I seem to be the sole adult person in this area to be interested in it, it may be a little while before it can happen, as I need to work on advertising the board and get people's interest.

Thanks for dropping by.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.