main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

3rd Philippine Science Fiction and Fantasy Convention

Discussion in 'Archive: Philippines' started by jedi_ginny, Jul 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    The 3rd Philippine SciFi and Fantasy Con is scheduled for May 2005, and Star Wars Philippines is hosting it this time. :) We would appreciate any suggestions regarding events, activities, venues, contests, and the like, from members of the Fanforce community. Please help us make it a great event by posting your suggestions and ideas here. Thanks. :)

2. DarthScully

DarthScully Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2001
    i'll try to help this time around because i'll actually be here! :)

you guys were making me so proud when i wasnt here :) also i've been to the Toy Convention recently and i had a blast! i'm hoping it'll be somthing like that specially this is SW's last hurrah

so... how does this go?

3. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    Right now, we are still trying to solidify what we want to happen in the convention, then we'll be forming sub-committees to take care of Marketing, Logistics, Activities, etc. :)

The Convention will not be purely SW, but the overall theme is SW. We're sharing the event with allies from the New Worlds Alliance, so there will be participating groups for LotR, Star Trek, Matrix, Buffy, Harry Potter, X-Files, etc. To find out details about past conventions, you can visit:

http://www.newworlds.tk or
    http://www.newworlds.ph

For now, we need lots of ideas for events and activities, and suggestions for good indoor venues. :)

As for that line party, that isn't a bad idea, we'll see how things work out. :)

And it's good to hear you'll be here! :) We sure would like to see you in an event. :)

4. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Hmm...since I'm a little more "mobile" rite now, if the dates is right and I got the money, I'll love to come down to the event. :D Been seeing photos from the past 2 years ones and I'm drooling. Pity we don't have such event here in Singapore, just for movies/books fandom. :_|

Oh! Must decide which SW & LOTR costumes/armors to drag down to there too. :p

5. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    oooh! that's great, Darth Eagle! we'll love to meet you. :)

6. XYDE

XYDE Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2004
    i assume itz gonna coincide with the showing of Episode 3?

the convention, i mean...?

7. StompboXX

StompboXX Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    It will be held the weekend before the RotS premiere. :)

8. ibanawor

ibanawor Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2004
    ooohh.. can't wait for this event... i heard it from someone that the convention's gonna take place somewhere in the south (alabang)?

9. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    ummm... no. The 1st Philippine Star Wars Convention was held in Alabang last year. The Sci-Fi and Fantasy Con might be held either in Megamall or somewhere in Makati, but the target is Megamall Megatrade Hall. :)

10. popazrael

popazrael Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2003
    when will be the 2nd Star Wars convention here in manila ?

-azrael

11. ibanawor

ibanawor Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2004
    cool then! it would be much nearer from my place :) and aircon na! yey! hehe

12. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    yup, ang isang big reason kung bakit kailangan sa mall or proper convention venue is dahil sa aircon. nagrereklamo kasi ang mga nakacostume. heheh.

13. popazrael

popazrael Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2003
    nakapag reserve na ba kayo sa megamall ?

14. ibanawor

ibanawor Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2004
    astig! buti na lang.. pero may entrance fee ba na babayaran?

15. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    AZ: don't remind me. kinakabahan na nga ako eh.

IBANAWOR: yes, but probably very minimal. the highest i've seen entrance fees to these events go is about 50 bucks.

16. ibanawor

ibanawor Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2004
    nice.. pwede na.. hehehe

17. trick-of-the-light

trick-of-the-light Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2003
    I have events suggestions but you've probably thought of these yourselves :D

costume contest
    fanfilm contest
    movie screening (or if that would take up too much time then the Clone Wars series na lang)
    presentations from the other participating orgs (SWP will be having a lightsaber fight demo right? maybe the other groups could do something similar or skits or something related to their fandom :) you can make it into a contest if you want)
    best booth (among the orgs)
    maybe some booths selling fandom toys

18. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Hmmm....I was thinking IF I can come down, does the Philippine Custom have any strict weapons or anything that resembled weapon, policy?

And does the possible location of the Convention have any hotel (3-Stars & Above?) nearby?

For SW-wise, I still have no idea what to wear (maybe Imperial Officer since Asian SW FanForces seems to be lacking in that area :p ) but my other LOTR costume may be the Elven Archer (if it survived this Dec's Event! [face_beatup] ) so that got to come with the ~4' long Wooden Sword or Quiver with tipless-arrows.

The only thing I'm afraid that might prevent me from coming down is the Charity Premiere of ROTS here in Singapore as it was on the Sat before the Thur release of AOTC back in 2002, and something I must attend to show the local SW FanForce Strength. :(

19. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    Aww, shucks! Yeah, those two events might fall on the same day. Zoiks. It would've been great to have you here, though. And yeah, there are a lot of great hotels near the areas we are considering for the convention. As for the weapons policy, yes, they are pretty strict, I'm just not sure about replicas. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.