main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV 3rd Southern Nevada Jedi Draft

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Petra_Blakkwing, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    yes, it's what you've all been waiting for.... I will be your commissioner this time round...step right up and try yer luck.....let the sign ups begin...obviously as last drafts champion Janky is entitled to the number one spot so we are looking for 2 judges and seven gms.....please post if you are to be included.....I will check the boards at least once a day....

Judges:
    1. Petra Blakkwing

GM's:
    1. Jankarrakanky

Game on!

2. LADY_OBI-WAN

LADY_OBI-WAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    For those of us who didn't do the last 2, what does it mean to be a GM and what do the judges do?

I'd be interested in being a judge I think. :D

3. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    GM me one more time!

4. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Hopefully your commissioning isn't as flexible as Sark's loyalties.

5. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    doesn't emperor windu get the #2 spot? Or are you changing the rule that winner AND runner up get #1, and #2, respectively?

6. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    I will be judge again, with episode 3 out my spoiler free handicap is gone! Sidious wins!

7. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    The runner up gets to cry because he got so close to winning it all, then failed miserably in front of millions of people. He basically choked when it counted most. Thats what the runner up gets. There is no second place, just the best loser.

8. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Wow, that was really fun to type, I should talk like that more often I think.

9. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    May I enter the draft

10. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    Normally we let our fan force members have an exclusive chance to sign up within the first 48 hours, and then afterwards we let outsiders sign up. but that was with moron as a commish, i'm not entirely sure how Petra will run the show.

11. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Also, being as you were a champion of that 'other' draft, keep in mind the first line of your sig. Lots of differences between the 2 drafts. Its ok not to be mad when you lose, everything will be ok. Tomorrow is only a day away. Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow, you're only a daaaaaaaaaaaaaay aaaaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

12. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Yes! I'm a GM now! 411 ph33r m0r0ndud3!

13. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
  14. KleptoKlown

KleptoKlown Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 5, 2004
    You know I wanna be a GM, so sign me up yo!

15. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Sign me up as soon as the 48 hour time limit has expired, and if Petra isn't keeping that rule then include me now

And don't worry about Ghost, he's as level headed as they get at the other Draft

16. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    ok....lady obi wan.....judges view the rounds and based on their knowledge and research into the powers and abilities of each participant decides who wins the match.....gms pick teams and try to form the best team possible in order to completely dominate everyone else.... they also assign numbers to their players and decide if there will be trumps (pairing two jedi together so that they fight together).......I would love if you were a judge.....

on another note....... yes emperor windu gets to be #2 in this draft, the rest will be randomly generated for their order.....soooooo......as of now the gm's are.....

1. Janky
    2. Emperor Windu
    3. Gerson Sith
    4. MoronDude
    5. KleptoKlown

for the next 24 hours only Southern Nevada posters may sign up, after that it's open to anyone....and Ghost Jedi is more that welcome to join....

as of now the judges are...

1. Moi
    2. Axia

If Lady Obi Wan wishes to join in the judgement I would be most pleased!

And as for my flexible loyalties.....um.....well we'll see....

Game On!

17. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    Also in case there are any other questions here is MD's handy dandy draft explanation.....

This game goes through a series of stages:

Stage 1: Sign Ups
    Eleven spots must be filled; three Judges and eight GMs. Once sign ups are complete, the Commissioner randomly creates the draft order, and we move on to Stage 2.

Stage 2: Drafting
    The eight GMs, in order, draft a Jedi to their team until each GM has one Jedi. Then the order is reversed, and the GM who picked last gets to pick first in the second round of drafting. This continues until each GM has a team of six Jedi. The remaining unpicked Jedi are free agents, and can be traded for until the Semi-Finals. During drafting, GMs may trade Jedi or Draft positions via PMs to each other and then BOTH PMing THE COMMISSIONER before the trade can be official. Once there are eight teams of six, we move on to Stage 3.

Stage 3: Division Battles
    The Commissioner randomly seperates the eight teams into 2 four-team divisions: Tatooine and Dagobah. Once the divisions have been announced, the Commissioner will assign which teams will battle each other, and ask for numbers to be sent in. All of the GMs will assign each of their Jedi with a number between 1-6.

For example, lets take two hypothetical teams:

Team #1
    Kyp Durron
    Corran Horn
    Mara Jade Skywalker
    Kyle Katarn
    Ganner Rhysode
    Saba Sabatyne

and

Team #2
    Darth Vader
    Ulic Qel-Droma
    Naga Sadow
    Marka Ragnos
    Darth Bandon
    Shira Brie

All the GMs would assign the numbers 1-6 to their teams and PM them to the Commish. So the numbers might end up like this:

Team #1
    5. Kyp Durron
    2. Corran Horn
    1. Mara Jade Skywalker
    6. Kyle Katarn
    3. Ganner Rhysode
    4. Saba Sabatyne

and

Team #2
    1. Darth Vader
    4. Ulic Qel-Droma
    6. Naga Sadow
    5. Marka Ragnos
    2. Darth Bandon
    3. Shira Brie

Once all eight GMs have PMed their numbers to the Commish, he calls numbers at random, and we have our battles. So, for example, let's say the first number called is 2. That would mean that in the above hypothetical battle Corran Horn would battle Darth Bandon.

Here's where the judges come in. The three judges each post who they think would win in this lightsaber/force battle, and give explanations as to why they feel that way. If one judge thinks Corran Horn would win, and one thinks Darth Bandon would, it then becomes nessessary for the third judge to speak up. Once there is a winner for each battle, the Commish calls another number, and this continues until all the battles have been done.

In the case of a 3 win/3 loss tie, those teams now participate in a Team Battle. The three judges now must decide who would win in a battle between all six Jedi from one team versus all six Jedi from another team.

Each team in the division will battle each other, for a total of three battles a peice. Once all three battles are decided, the top two teams from each division move on to the next stage.

Stage 4: Semi-Finals
    The Commish will assign the new battles so that each of the four remaining teams are fighting a team from the other division. Battles run the same, GMs send in numbers, Commish announces mach-ups, and the judges decide who wins. The winning teams move on to the next stage.

Stage 5: Finals
    Here we are, the best two teams of the draft, battling each other, no holds barred. The battle works the same, except this is for ALL the MARBLES!

You're probably asking yourself, "So what do you win?" Well, aside from the admiration from your fellow Fan Force members and personal pride, the winner gets an automatic spot in the next Draft (if he/she wants) AND automatic First Draft Pick! The Runner up gets an automatic spot in the next Draft (if he/she wants) AND automatic Second Draft Pick!

18. LADY_OBI-WAN

Mar 20, 2002
    *bows*

I would be most honored to join you and Axia as a judge. Thank you.

And no worries about me kids...Axia and I often disagree on many things, including Star Wars *gasp* - I promise to act as a fair, impartial, non-Axia influenced Judge. :D

19. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Do I get a prividgle (yeah I killed that sp.) since I judged before cause I would like to either judge or GM again? If not I'll just wait through the 48 hours, calls on you Petra.

20. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    well.....since I'm fairly sure that everyone from the southern nevada boards who wants to join has joined I'm going to go ahead and open up sign ups a few hours early.....soooooo, it's a free for all!!! and as of now the list is....

Judges;
    1. Petra Blakkwing
    2. Axia Euxine
    3. Lady Obi Wan

GMs:
    1. Jank
    2. Emperor Windu
    3. Gerson Sith
    4. MoronDude
    5. Klepto
    6. Grand Moff Kevin (if he wants the spot)
    7. Ghost Jedi (if he wants the spot)

I just need Kevin and Ghost to confirm and one more player to round it out, then the drafting will begin.......Game on!

21. NotGersonSith

NotGersonSith Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2005
    I would love to take that last spot please.

22. LADY_OBI-WAN

Mar 20, 2002
    Subtle Log on name ya got there. ;)

23. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Thank you Petra_Blakkwing I would be honored to participate

24. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    Ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban...

25. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    I'll be glad to join in to. Thanks Petra!

Edit: Nice sock there too Gerson :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.