main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV 3rd Southern Nevada Jedi Draft

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Petra_Blakkwing, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Ok....I HAVE read NJO Unifying Force and I still don't think the sun shines out of Luke's a**, so everyone pipe down.....

Nal Hutta League:

Moron's Evil Half-Dozen*** vs. The Army of Light**

Count Dooku vs. Luke Skywalker

Though I want to give this to Dooku just to piss all you guys off, I'm going to break this down for you.

Power: Luke definitely has this over Dooku. Though Dooku was a great Jedi Master the Force is strong with the Skywalker bloodline and Master Skywalker as the son of the Chosen One is a prime example of that.

Skill: I'm sorry, but Dooku spent his entire life being trained at the Jedi Temple and was the best duelist in the history of the Jedi. Luke has unfinished training from Master Yoda and Ben and what he can glean from the Holocron. Sorry, Dooku ROCKS this category.

Experience: Dooku has a lot of this but the winner is ultimately Luke what with his tour in the Rebellion and the uprisings following the fall of the Empire, not to mention rebuilding the Jedi and surviving the Vong war....so yeah....Luke wins...

Luke wins over all, but I want to dispel this ridiculous notion that Luke is an automatic victory for his team. I believe there are at least 2 Force users on this board who would wipe the floor with His Whiny-ness.

WINNER: Luke Skywalker

You've Got Mail**** vs. The Council of the Unwanted*

Darth Vader vs. Eeth Koth

Who's Eeth Koth? oh yeah, that pile of ashes in the room with Lord Vader.....

WINNER: Darth Vader

Ithor League:

The inSidious Six** vs. Ghost Recon Force***

Darth Malak vs. Nomi Sunrider

This is a close call, and I'm sure I'll catch crap for this ruling...but while Nomi is fretting about whether or not to use that dangerous, scary lightsaber Malak will beat her.

WINNER: Darth Malak

Klepto's Krew**** vs. The White Warriors*

Sora Bulq vs. Shaak Ti

Master Ti, meet Sora, one of the best saber skills teachers the Jedi had. Did you know he helped develop Vaapad? Would you like a demonstration? Ok...you die....sorry...

WINNER: Sora Bulq

Now we just need to wait for Axia and Keela to judge...

2. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Luke knows and has used almost every form and learns some instinctively, like every variant of Vaapad, so skill goes to Luke. It's not about training, its about battle effectiveness. And no one is better about that than Luke.

3. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    don't be such a sheep Suzuki.....I'm sick of everyone's blind devotion to Luke Skywalker....he is NOT all that....

4. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Petra_Blakkwing posted on 7/5/05 2:54pm
    don't be such a sheep Suzuki.....I'm sick of everyone's blind devotion to Luke Skywalker....he is NOT all that....
    [hr][/blockquote]

Who the hell are you calling a sheep? You're the one who's devotion is blind - to Yoda, most likely. I'm one of the people who made Luke considered the best draft pick, so I don't want to hear any follower bull**** from you.

5. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Guys, let's stop the name calling... You're all sheep!

Only I am not a sheep, for I think the greatest Jedi in the draft, and the one who should win EVERY match she's in is... >>>VERGERE<<<

6. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    I thought it sounded cool too Sith :p

Yoda is the only fighter that can be argued to even come close to Luke...And I know you do not agree with me Suzuki, but that's my opinion and it's certainly the closest fight for TUF Luke...Everyone else is practically a SLICE!

We see Yoda fighting Sidious in ROTS... DarkSide lovers can say what they will, but if that battle were on flat, neutral ground we'd have dead Sidious AND dead Chosen One

Read the novel, Yoda kicks the crap out of Old Man Sidious with the blade... That's why in the movie Sidious is suddenly hurling Senate pods at him, he lost his saber....again

After Yoda easily tosses a pod back at Sidious which is unblockable (and not to mention, thrown UPWARDS) he leaps to Sidious' pod ready to kill the Sith Lord.

Sidious pulls a good move by using the lightning and catches Yoda off guard and he loses his saber.

At this point Yoda is struggling to ball up the lightning in both hands, but Sidious is struggling even more to keep the attack up. Sidious knows that when he stops attacking, Yoda is going to send all that lightining right back at the Sith Master.... And from the worried look on Palpy's face, I don't think he was up to the challenge of blocking or deflecting that lighting...

The only reason Yoda lost the fight is because he is smaller and lighter, thus he flies farther than Sidious when the lightning throws them both

So we have Luke and Yoda both beating Sidious... Yoda, had it not been for his small size, would have killed Darth Sidious

Luke vs Yoda is an interesting matchup, but I would still give the win to Yoda even though I have Luke on my team

Sidious beating Luke isn't feasable because we already have Luke beating him in two duels, although Palpatine's intent during the duels can easily be questioned...At that point, he was pretty nuts

I guess the whole point of this post is that I do not think Luke is the end all, be all of the draft...Not at all. Dooku vs Luke would last for a couple minutes, but Luke would win

7. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Shaak was on the jedi council, before season 2 of clone wars I would've agreed with you but after she fought Grevious and owned his bodyguardes, I don't think so.

8. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    Shaak Ti is amazing....Fighting with a staff and a saber, pretty amazing if you ask me

She reeks of skill, which is Sora's calling card

9. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
  10. bburditt

bburditt Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 8, 2004
    Hey, I used to play here, I see the opinions are still as messed up as ever.

Let me explain something to you very bluntly Petra.

Here is why Luke owns (I'm assuming the two force users you are referring to is Yoda and either Sidious or Mace, but most likely Mace.

In ROTS, which is, by the way, Yoda's prime. Sidious (you can interpret the battle whatever way you want, it really has no relevance), we'll say loses to Yoda, even though it was pretty much a draw.

No matter how you interpret that fight, there's definitely no denying that it was an extremely close fight.

Now, let's move ahead to Sidious' prime, which just so happens to be in the book Dark Empire (DE). Now, Sidious in DE is about 50 times greater than what he is in ROTS. How do I know this? Not only does he have a younger and more agile body to flip around in, but his force-storms DESTROY ENTIRE FLEETS. He's like the human death star, only better than the death star, considering he can destroy a fleet with one force-storm, and not a shot a ship, but anyways, either way, you get how much better he is than he is in ROTS.

LUKE SKYWALKER BEATS THIS SIDIOUS.

Not only is Sidious 50 times better than ROTS, but Luke beats him, BEFORE HIS CURRENT PRIME, which just so happens to be TUF.

Yoda or Mace can beat that??? Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.[/b]

11. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I call it luck...

12. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    MoronDude posted on 7/5/05 5:31pm
    I call it luck...
    [hr][/blockquote]

I call your face luck [face_tongue]. Why don't you ever get on MSN anymore?!

13. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Quiet, sheep!

14. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
  15. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I don't get on MSN because I don't have internet on my computer at home, and they don't allow me to use it here at work.

16. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
  17. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    I'd like to know which computer program you guys use to pull your numbers from. Its probably Myass v1.1. In the whole scheme of things it really doesn't matter what some fake people did in Make Believe Land. These boards used to be a whole lot of fun when it was just our fan force before the Dark Side of the Jedi Draft. I vote to cancel the whole thing so we can stop bickering and crying over really pointless crap.

18. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Speaking of MyAss, you can get off your self-righteous pedestol and give it a big kiss. If you don't care about the draft then don't play, and more importantly don't ***** about it.

19. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    Well while I must say that I have no problems with any of the people in the draft, there's been more bickering in this draft than in the previous two. Which if I remember correctly JMR was in both of those....now no offense to Revan, but he seems to be the king of controversy. Which I don't mind a bit of controversy now and again...keeps things entertaining.....but here we are still on the first round of battles and this entire thing is mostly bickering. Can we please all just remember that this is a game...meant to be fun. So let's pull together whatever shreds of maturity we possess and act like adults. I don't want to have to have this closed down because we can't act civilized.

20. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    You're all poopyheads! :p

21. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    No, your mom is poopyboy!!!

22. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    I guess by using that logic, Luke decides that he cant block the shots from the droid aboard the milenium falcon, and never becomes a Jedi. That is inane reasoning. When Nomi decides to pick up a lightsaber she is quiet apt at using it in the protection of her family. After having to use it twice in such circumstances she accepts her destiny and begins training to become a Jedi. Upon completion of her training she is extremely skilled w/ the blade, extremely powerful w/ the blade, as evidence by having the rare abiliaty of bm. She can and would take it to lockjaw.

23. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Nomi's also never fought a Force user in her life. She gets owned in experience, in power(Star Forge), and skill(dueling Revan to a draw and pwning Bastila). Malak > Nomi.

24. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    I think the fellas of the FF are getting upset with the way we are "arguing" and "bickering"

In truth, we aren't doing any of these things... Along with the game goes a little debate. As soon as the other judges decide a match or the Commish posts another round of fights, the debating about a certain matchup will stop ad focus on the new matches...

If we were really bickering and arguing in an angry manner, things would continue after the final decision had been made...But they do not, because we're debating the facts for fun...So don't think it's going to turn into a flame war or anything, because that is quite rare...Unless politics get brought up [face_shhh]

Just a couple of points real quick: Suzuki, you're reasoning for Malak>Nomi is way off. She loses in experience, true. The Star Forge is not neutral ground, Malak is feeding off the energy there like Nyax does the old Temple grounds on Coruscant... That power is not his own. Malak fought a Revan that was not in his prime to a draw, a Revan that just found out his true identity as a Sith Lord responsible for the deaths of countless beings...Not Revan in his prime. I will give you Bastila... Truth is that Malak vs Nomi is very close... Either way is understandable, but it is damn close

And something on Sidious' prime... In the movies, Sidious is a methodical being that likes others to do his dirty work. His true power is not exposed because that is not the way Sidious works as a Sith Lord. By Dark Empire, Sidious is less a Sith Lord and more a raving maniac looking to destroy everything himself...

In the OT Palpatine has the Death Stars to impose his will, for the same reason he has Darth Vader taking care of problems throughout the galaxy. Not because Sidious cannot handle them himself, since he obviously can, but because that is not how Sidious is. He lets others do the physical work unless things unexpectedly happen (Mace surviving onrush by Sidious in Chancellor's Office, Yoda suriviving Order 66, Luke refusing to join him)

When we look at Sidious we have quite a double standard between Sith Lords... We have Sidious who uses the Force to destroy entire fleets, and we have Naga Sadow who uses the Force to destroy entire fleets.

People cite all the time that Naga Sadow would not be able to utilize his star crushing power on a planet without killing both combatants. It just isn't an efficient use of Force power in a duel. Sadow gets beat consistently by more skilled, more experienced, less powerful foes all the time... And it's understandable because his tremendous Force power advantage isn't as advantageous as everyone may think it is

ROTS is Sidious' prime...He's got the power from DE (he just has NO reason to use it, no reason whatsoever), his saber skills are as good as they've ever been (after putting up a fight against Mace, and slaughtering Tiin, Kolar, and Fisto), and his experience is only lacking his Luke duels...More importantly, in ROTS Sidious has his sanity. Sidious is a genius, and had it been ROTS Sidious at his manipulative best Luke would have stayed on the Dark Side forever or Sidious would have found a brilliant way to kill him...Cause he didn't take over the galaxy by being powerful, he did it cause he's freakin awesome at manipulating and plotting

Now with Yoda we have someone with comprable experience, plus the fact that he lived for 900 years...Tons of experience there... Power is either equal to Sidious, or even above it. And his skill with a blade makes him literally untouchable in personal combat

Palpatine was nuts in DE and his Force Storms are impressive, but his demeanor in the OT meant he would never use that power unless it was desperate (probably his plan for escaping DSII after killing Luke). Sorry, crazy Palpatine doesn't = prime Palpatine

25. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    Ghost....I can use whatever reasoning I want.... I don't have to explain myself... I did actual research on that match I just didn't feel like doing an entire rundown because I do have other things to do with my time.... that comment was meant as a joke, and you took it too literally.... points for using the word "inane" but lighten up.....and that goes for most of the rest of you too... *looks at Suzuki*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.