main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV 3rd Southern Nevada Jedi Draft

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Petra_Blakkwing, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    If every other post is some random dude *****ing about people taking this draft too seriously, I should assume that people mean what they say in here. Right?

2. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    wait, wait, wait! hold on just one minute, son. First of all...there's no need for cursing, the fact that you resort to that just proves how much you need to settle down. And second of all, the people who take this thing too seriously are the people who have come her for the big draft (other than MD) and play with the rest of the TSS. Most of us think this is just a game....which it is.... it's you people who came here from the big draft that seem to freak out of minor little details....it's ok, you know.....people have different opinions... and I know I might get kicked off the boards for saying this, but, STAR WARS ISN'T REAL......chill out...

3. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Petra_Blakkwing posted on 7/6/05 9:53am
    wait, wait, wait! hold on just one minute, son. First of all...there's no need for cursing, the fact that you resort to that just proves how much you need to settle down.
    [hr][/blockquote]

I wasn't sure whether or not "bitching" is considered profanity since i've seen it unstarred before, but I was starring it out to be courteous. But if you're going to complain, I guess you can do without the stars.

[blockquote][link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=Petra_Blakkwing][b]Petra_Blakkwing[/b][/link] [b]posted on 7/6/05 9:53am[/b][hr] And second of all, the people who take this thing too seriously are the people who have come her for the big draft (other than MD) and play with the rest of the TSS. Most of us think this is just a game....which it is.... it's you people who came here from the big draft that seem to freak out of minor little details....it's ok, you know.....people have different opinions... and I know I might get kicked off the boards for saying this, but, STAR WARS ISN'T REAL......chill out...
    [hr][/blockquote]

Do you [i]enjoy[/i] proving my points for me? I do.

4. bburditt

bburditt Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 8, 2004
    OTS is Sidious' prime...He's got the power from DE (he just has NO reason to use it, no reason whatsoever)

Windu, you are assuming he has that power, in DE he ACTUALLY uses it. You don't know he has that power in ROTS, because he doesn't use it, so you can't assume he has it. He is more powerful in DE. You are going against what one of the main themes of the draft is, and that's judging WHAT WE KNOW. His prime is NOT ROTS. He has more skill, (ie beating Luke the first time they fought with the saber. Luke, believe it not, is that guy that is way better than Mace who owned Sidious with the Saber in ROTS.) He has more power, (because we can see that he has more power). And more experience (two duels with Luke). Unprime that for me.

And Petra, this is the Jedi Draft, it is meant to be argued. Don't tell me it's just a game, because I have ran the big one four times, I'm well aware it's just a game, a game that's meant to have debates. And if I completely own you by proving to you with facts why Luke is better than your little Yoda and Mace, don't throw that "don't take things to seriously guys" crap in my face as your rebuttal.

5. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
  6. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    [rant]

You guys are fartbrains, and I should win!

[/rant]

7. KleptoKlown

KleptoKlown Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 5, 2004
    This is annoying. IMO only people who are actually in this draft should be coming in to this thread to argue/complain/debate. Secondly, what I don't understand is how some of you can expend so much energy typing up arguments/complaints/debates about this draft. Are you going to get a prize if you win? Are you going to get a phone call from Katie Couric? Nope. So why this thing is taking up so much of you people's lives is beyond me. I like(ed) this draft, when it was just a game that we all knew was just for fun. Now, I have to sit and look at 14 arguments/complaints/debates before I even get to see if Luke can beat Zekk. If your Jedi loses, tough. And this is coming from someone who lost both of the other drafts he was in badly, so I know all about losing.

And Suzuki, unstarring it because somebody made a comment about it is childish. Just like how it took 3, maybe 4 people saying something about your "lovely" picture a few pages ago before you even took it down. Have some friggin common courtesy and don't complain when someone doesn't like your indecent profane attitude.

And thirdly, Luke is not God when it comes to the Jedi. So get over it.

8. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Well, now that you've done exactly what I criticized Petra for doing, care to refute the facts I provided stating why he IS God? Instead of claiming spineless arguments that do nothing but waste everyone's time?

9. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    No burd, I'm not assuming he had the power then... You are assuming that he learned it sometime between ROTJ and DE, which would be odd since he was floating around in space for a lot of that time

Sidious had access to any and all information by ROTJ, and he was fully capable of using a Force Storm to destroy the Rebel Fleet (or else Wedge and Han would have blown the station up with him in it...)

Skill? How is Sidious more skilled in DE? New body? Please, Dooku is freaking 85 and he jumps around like a jackrabbit... Truth is that ROTS (during the Yoda fight) would be Sidious' skill prime... He just fought Mace and killed three Jedi Masters in 10 seconds...Who did he fight while he was on Byss? He wasn't practicing his blade skills there, he was biding his time for galactic domination

Yes, experience is better with his Luke fights

Sidious is INSANE in DE, freakin nuts... How can anyone's prime be the time in their life when they are mentally unstable?

That being said, if we're going to view the CW cartoons as being taken with a grain of salt then the same should be said for DE

Hell, DE Luke seems just as good or better than TUF Luke

10. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    Can we please get a second ruling???

11. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    I see what you are getting at with the power thing, my good friend Nate. However, I am just saying that I think he was resurrected more powerful than we was in ROTJ. Because when he was resurrected is when he uses it.

I also think he is more skilled because he got beat down by Mace in ROTS, but beat a better Luke in DE.

You can say he was toying with Mace in ROTS, but if I remember correctly from the big draft you and I agree that he got plain beat with the Saber.

12. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    You've got a good point on the skill there, Burd

It's just weird that he's written that way, I mean I know DE is older than the PT and all... But when did he have time to improve his saber skills?

Unless he went on a training tirade between ROTS and ROTJ and got a ton better there...Kinda odd

Although the Sidious vs Mace fight was fought in an environment condusive to Mace's technique when he walked in the room... Mace can jump around a lot like Ataro masters, but he's got a lot of flexibility when it comes to fighting and maybe Sidious expected him to fight a certain way and he didnt

But personally, I would put ROTS Mace Windu a lot closer to DE Luke than a lot of people would...Not in power, and maybe a small edge in skill to Mace. Luke would still win but it DE Luke still isn't nearly as mature or as wizened as TUF Luke (which helps in a fight, look at AOTC Anakin)

Very interesting thought Burd...

13. ghost-jedi

ghost-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2004
    Just to let all involved know, it seems that suzuki is going to be banned for a long time.

And klepto, there is no million dollar prize, but there is the intrinsict reward of knowing that you put forth the best team possible.

Also I am a judge in the other draft, and I know first hand when people disagree w/ your judgements. And Nate is right, much of the power we see of Malak is aboard the Star Forge, where is power is augmented from the star forge.

Nomi is the [image=http://www.netoriginals.com/uss/images/resources/bomb.jpg]

14. KleptoKlown

KleptoKlown Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 5, 2004
    No bburditt, I'm not going to sit an explain to you why I think that Luke isn't God. My life does not revolve around trying to convince somebody of my own personal opinion. It's my
    opinion. And if you don't like it, I don't care. I'm not a judge, therefore whether I believe Luke is awesome or a pile of dung doesn't matter. I'm just here to have fun, whice suddenly has gone downhill due to certain people who don't belong here throwing out their opinions for everyone else (whether we want them or not) So you know what? You have your opinion, I'll have mine. Now, can we please get another judge to post so that we can get this draft going again instead of having page after page of banter?

15. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    Just to point out something I find comical, don't take it the wrong way Klepto... But you probably could have explained your stance on Luke in less words than it took you to explain why you won't explain your stance on Luke

I know, I'm easily amused 8-}

16. Keela

Keela Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2005
    Not really sure why everyone is fighting. I apologise for my absence, I've been sick since Saturday and now I'm at work and swamped with all the stuff I haven't done, so I'll post my ruling when I can.

Please tho, everyone try to chill out.

17. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002

um....I don't care if you guys argue....I was talking to Suzuki about getting his back up because I made a joke about his blind allegiance to Luke Skywalker.... I was kidding, but he seemed to get offended, which may just be typical 15 year old male behavior....I understand what the draft is about...that is not the issue....

If I wanted to sit here and argue the merits of one jedi versus the other for HOURS I could...however, I have a life and I do this draft in my spare time for fun, not to win some worthless debate....I do some research and make my rulings I see no reason to take into monster detail....

18. Axia_Doneeta

Axia_Doneeta Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    Nomi Sunrider WINNER!

19. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    No one is really fighting

Suzuki...Getting offended, OMG!?!?!1111!!@!!@!!!!11!

:p

Good call on the Nomi vs Malak matchup, Axia

20. Keela

Keela Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2005
    Moron's Evil Half-Dozen*** vs. The Army of Light**

Count Dooku vs. Luke Skywalker

WINNER: Luke Skywalker

You've Got Mail**** vs. The Council of the Unwanted*

[hl=chocolate]Darth Vader vs. Eeth Koth [/hl]

[hl=yellow]WINNER: Darth Vader [/hl]

[hr]

The inSidious Six** vs. Ghost Recon Force***

[hl=orange]Darth Malak vs. Nomi Sunrider [/hl]

[hl=yellow]WINNER: Nomi Sunrider[/hl]

[hr]

Klepto's Krew**** vs. The White Warriors*

[color=white][hl=teal]Sora Bulq vs. Shaak Ti [/hl] [/color]

[hl=yellow]WINNER: Sora Bulq[/hl]

Sorry guys no time to explain, but these are my rulings and since Axia already voted for Nomi, Petra's out voted on that one.

Gratz to everyone who won!

21. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Suzuki Update: I talked to him on AIM and he will get a one month ban maximum if the Admin he PMed to look it over doesn't side with him. If the admin does it could be shorter.

22. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    can't he just post with a sock?

23. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    No, the only time you are allowed to post with a sock is on a game ban (CT Trivia, Maifa, Jedi Draft etc.)

24. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    Well...someone volunteer to play Suzuki's team and get all the information from him on how he wants to play, and he can play by proxy.......mmk?

as for us...on with the draft.... Round 1 has wrapped up and we have a few team battles I believe.......

the result of Match #6 was:

Nal Hutta League:

Moron's Evil Half-Dozen*** vs. The Army of Light***

Count Dooku vs. Luke Skywalker

WINNER: Luke Skywalker

You've Got Mail***** vs. The Council of the Unwanted*

Darth Vader vs. Eeth Koth

WINNER: Darth Vader

Ithor League:

The inSidious Six** vs. Ghost Recon Force****

Darth Malak vs. Nomi Sunrider

WINNER: Nomi Sunrider

Klepto's Krew***** vs. The White Warriors*

Sora Bulq vs. Shaak Ti

WINNER: Sora Bulq

Congratulations to Suzuki on his 5 to 1 win, Ghost on his 4 to 2 win, and Klepto on his 5 to 1 win......
    But, we have one team battle to finish out the round......

Moron's Evil Half-Dozen vs. The Army of Light

These teams are:

Exar Kun------------------------------Luke Skywalker
    Count Dooku---------------------------Vodo-Siosk Baas
    Kyp Durron----------------------------Jacen Solo
    Marka Ragnos--------------------------Anakin Solo
    Naga Sadow----------------------------Corran Horn
    Aurra Sing----------------------------Ganner Rhysode

Judges, start your voting.....

25. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    The way I see it...

Exar Kun < Luke Skywalker
    Count Dooku > Vodo-Siosk Baas
    Kyp Durron < Jacen Solo
    Marka Ragnos < Anakin Solo
    Naga Sadow > Corran Horn
    Aurra Sing < Ganner Rhysode

That is my honest opinion of the fighters, except for Corran and Naga, but since the judges voted Naga as better that is what will count

I have the individual advantage, Luke, Jacen, Anakin, and The Ganner are all better than their counterparts. Dooku can take Vodo and Naga was voted over Corran, but other than that, little can be argued for Moron's team there

Skill: In the top two, it's close. Kun and Luke are close in regards to skill and Dooku and Vodo both have skill as their calling card... Kyp however is outmatched by Jacen, Ragnos and Sadow have proven nothing with a blade, while Anakin and Corran have tons of skill with a blade (without using the Force). Aurra is skilled, but Ganner's Last Stand easily outshines anything she has in her resume

Advantage: Army of Light

Power: It'd be closer if I didn't have Jedi Master Luke Skywalker... Luke, Jacen, Anakin, and Ganner all have a lot of Force power as displayed through their lineage or personal displays... Corran is no slouch although he's no master with telekinesis. Kun is powerful, and so are Ragnos and Sadow...But they won't be blowing up stars in this matchup...

Experience is a total blowout... Every member of my team has fought in a major galactic war, on the front lines. Vodo has his fights with Kun, and the NJO gang don't need to be elaborated on in this deaprtment... Kun and Dooku have good experience, but Kyp didn't do as much as the typical NJO Knight did during the Vong war, Naga and Marka have NO documented experience, except for one saber fight between Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh and Ludo is not even drafted... Aurra Sing has some experience, but very little in a straight up fight...She ambushes Jedi, and that won't be happening here

Advantage: Big to Army of Light

Cohesion and leadership are two categories that easily go to my team as well... Luke has a team behond him that will listen and cooperate with his orders. Will Dooku or Jun be giving orders on Moron's team? Both are used to being in charge, so I can't be sure... Cohesion-wise, my team takes it to him. Luke, Jacen, Anakin, Corran, and Ganner have all fought together throughout many conflicts and know each other very well and they all look up to Luke as their master. Vodo has no reason not to fit rght in

His team is not uncohesive, but they have nothing to bring them together either... Marka and Naga know each other, and Kyp kind of knows Kun. Dooku and Sing know no one, and do not know each other

And with Mind Meld and BM provided by Vodo, cohesion swings my way in even bigger fashion

My team has no reason to lose this fight, IMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.