main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq 3rd Sunday of Each Month... Meetings

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by varza, Jun 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Just a reminder that the meetings will be taking place the 3rd Sunday of every month from now on at Barnes & Noble on the west side... if you have any questions please let me know...

Varza

2. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    The next meeting will be on July 20, 2003.. everything else is the same...

3. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    thats a good idea to set a permenant date for meetings IMO!

it's worked really well for us in phoenix...

4. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Gosh darnit all to heck.

I won't be able to make that meeting either. I will be out of town for my sister's wedding in SoCal. That's like, three meetings I will be missing in a row. This is rather frustrating...

5. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    brotherhalo

if you want we are hoping to have a RPG meeting around the beginning of July-hopefully-why don't you join us then so we can at least meet...

Varza

6. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    brotherhalo

if you want we are hoping to have a RPG meeting around the beginning of July-hopefully

we are also having 2 movies nights before the next meeting as well

why don't you join us at one of these events...then so we can at least meet...

Varza

7. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    I might just do that! I would like to see both T3 and Pirates of the Caribbean, so I'll wait and see when the group plans on going to see those!

8. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    hey all just bumping up for a reminder of the next meeting...

it seems to be pretty dead in here lately...

some ideas of discussion?

Collecting Group-yes, no, maybe?

Books-I have an account with Random House (I know we meet in a bookstore) but I have a list of all the SW books I can get thru them. If anyone wants to discuss a possible large purchase with them for the group... I can bring to the meeting...

Anything else?

9. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    collecting.....collecting....lets talk about collecting!!!! la la laa la la laa la la lah lalah la lah la! (sung to the tune of The Bananna Splits)....does anyone remember this saturday morning kids show? ;) Or did I just date myself?

10. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    banana spilts? um... i think you dated yourself...

and we will definatly talk about collecting at the meeting...

11. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Well, I'm bummed I'm going to miss the meeting...but I've gone and done something rather rash, and booked a flight to San Diego for Comicon. YEAH! Hopefully I'll meet up with some of our sister city folks as well.

I'll bring back (hopefully) lots of pictures & goodies to share....

12. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    Sweet, have fun at the Comicon, and I would like some pictures for the website when you get back

-lor

13. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    oh lucky you wook! I am so jealous... have a great time and we will miss you at the meeting... see you when you get back...

14. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Wook,
    If the Con has that convention exclusive "Silver Boba Fett" action figure for sell...would you pick me one up? I would be happy to give you some $$$$ before you leave!

Gecko

15. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Yay!!!!! I will be able to make it to this meeting....and I can walk w/o crutches! I'm still in a walking boot (which my sister says looks like something a Stormtrooper would wear :p)

16. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    I would like to also discuss at the meeting of possibly having a Costuming Workshop day for those who would like to... only thing-need a place to do it... I would offer my place but too far out (hopefully by the end of the year this will be rectified)... but basically a day where you bring your sewing machines to one place-your materials and we work together... since some of us have more experience with sewing then others (I am so an other)...

17. Lorithavon

Feb 10, 2003
    Sounds good to me, I'm in. I want to redo the under tunic for my Jedi Clothes any way. And also I'm always up for helping people playing dress up, so I'm not a lone freak any more. But a one of many freaks.

-lor

18. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I'm in! As we speak in fact, I'm madly scrambling to put my Barriss costume together...hopefully will be done for the masquerade at Comicon on Sat..woo hoo! (sorry, I had to share my glee) :D

19. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    good luck! I bet it will be awesome...

say hi to our friends in San Diego...

Will PM you with info on the costume workshop once we figure it out-hopefully we will...

20. Lorithavon

Feb 10, 2003
    So when do you leave Wook? My schedule is generally pretty open and should be able to meet some time this week, if you want.

And speaking of costuming and the monthly meeting, I thought it would help us better look like a cult, um i mean an star wars group if every one wore their Mos Alba Shirt to the meeting, or at least as Star Wars shirt.

-lor

21. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    OKay all just a reminder for tomorrows meeting...

I will have business cards for those who want them...

22. Lorithavon

Feb 10, 2003
    what are business cards? :p

-lor

23. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I will be there tomorrow! The idea of a costuming group is good! Um, if we need a place....I have a pretty big living room and my mom has a sewing machine......my parents wouldn't mind. it's up by page one so I don't know how many of you would want to make the journey.

24. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    lady naberiee that would be awesome. I would make the trip no problem... and I have a sewing machine I can bring with me so we have more then one...

we can discuss it some more tomorrow...

see you all then!

25. Lorithavon

Feb 10, 2003
    ok I updated the website to reflect what is going to go on at the meeting... tell me if I missed any thing

-lor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.