main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

3rd Unofficial Star Wars Fan Day at Disneyland

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by crazybirdman, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Okay, I know it's short notice, but we are doing the 3rd annual unofficial star wars fan day at Disneyland this year.
    June 30th.
    Group photo at 2:00 in front of the castle.
    The fanforces usually meet for lunch at Pizza Port

We are having a bit of trouble getting the website done, but hopefully we'll get it all sorted out in time to get this years all new shirt to you guys!

2. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    James,

You KNOW we will be there!!!! And was just wondering about the shirts!!:D ;)

Master K

3. LadyCieone

LadyCieone Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    Would love to be there, but we just spent a LOT of money at CIV (and spent a few days at Disneyland before that), so it's highly unlikely we'll be able to attend this year.

Maybe we should plan on doing this at another time of the year when it a) isn't so hot; b) the hotels aren't so expensive; and c) the park isn't so crowded so that we really stand out as a large force.

Just a few suggestions.

For those who get to go, have fun!

4. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Apparently at CIV during one of the Disney panels they said official fan weekends are going to happen at Disneyland. They didn't say when though.

A couple hundred people blocking the Castle for the photo shoot stands out pretty well.

5. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    YEEEEHAAAA!!!!! Steve Sansweet told us that a couple of years ago that.."It will happen, just don't know when." Glad to hear that it's getting closer!!![face_dancing]

quote=AboutaSith]A couple hundred people blocking the Castle for the photo shoot stands out pretty well.

[/quote]

No Kidding!!!!!!! :D Churros anyone? ;)

6. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Master K! Bring me a churro!

*wishing she was about 300 miles closer to D-kand*

7. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    SOMEONE SAY CHURROS?

[image=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/legomania5/Celebration%20IV/Wednesday/DSC00133.jpg]

8. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I just realized I can't spell....that should have read D-Land.
    You know what I meant!!! :rolleyes: :p

9. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    You know we'll be there!!
    We so need to bully Gavin into riding Pirates. Or finally make use of that family pass thing they offer (never used it before).

10. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Will the Nemo ride be open by then?

11. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
  12. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    And Pirates Lair opened during CIV...:D

13. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    Nemo opens June 11th
    I forgot Pirates Lair opened...hum...
    we'll never get the boys off that thing LOL

14. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Some info from the Disney website:

Disneyland® Park Hours: 8:00 am - 12:00 am [face_dancing]

Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams 3:30pm 6:30pm

"Remember...Dreams Come True" Fireworks 9:25pm

Fantasmic! 9:00pm 10:30pm

Jedi Training Academy
    10:30am 11:35am 12:40pm 2:25pm 3:30pm 4:35pm

Hopefully [face_praying] you'll be able to order shirts by this weekend (they are the best shirt for the 3rd unofficial fan day EVER!)
    we chose this day so that everyone could go. People with kids won't have to worry about school. Heck adults in school are done be then too. And we had to pick a time when there weren't other unofficial events in Disneyland, and trust me there are a lot from Bats day, all the way to Telephone Operators day

15. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    How on earth do you get a list of all the "official" days they have there?
    We've gone and seen all kinds of groups converging on the place on different days. It's become a fun thing to try to figure out why they're all there on that day (I know...odd idea of fun LOL)

16. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I don't think I can make it. CIV plus New Zealand earlier...ick. In debt. And want to save my scant time and vacation for our SCFF visit to the Boardwalk...which...I thought we were planning for the end of June? Are we pushing it back again, then? If so, it'd have to be after July 4 weekend, as that will be inSANE.

Drat, was looking forward to it, too.

- Kai

17. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    a lot of searching on the inter-web! You should go on raver day, it's highly entertaining.

DisneylandStarWars.com

18. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    Raver Day? That would be amusing to see!

We'll be there on the 30th. See everyone there!!!

19. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    James ....

BEST SHIRTS EVER!!!! ALREADY ORDERED OURS!!!!!

20. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    The weekend we had planned originally fell at the same time as the SW Disneyland thing...so that's why we need an official Figure Out a Time Post...I'm lookinat at July 25th Lost Boy's Day at the Boardwalk...time to drag out the fangs..and the Biker Jacket...

PLUS..THE COREY'S ARE GONNA BE THERE!!!

21. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    LOL!

I may be a bit long in the tooth to be long in the tooth for the Lost Boys anniversary. Man, oh man. I went to college in SC the year the movie came out.

But biker jacket? Will do.

- Kai

22. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Bit "long in the tooth," eh? Well that works for a Vampire, doesn't it. Hmmm now to see if the ole fangs still work, or do I need to get some new ones.

Course..getting completely and totally RE-hooked on Forever Knight doesn't help!!! :D

23. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Whoa!! I come to post about Disneyland and instead I'm reading about Lost Boys and Vampires! :eek: Scary!!! Although, I have to say that even way back then, I thought Keifer Southerland was yummy!! [face_love]

Back on track here... Disneyland.

It seems that a group from the LAFF and IEFF (well, at least me) are planning on meeting at the big "O" at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday morning.

Are you in?

What say you?

24. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Well, up until a couple of days ago we were in. But Jos is working on a mural, and the contract says "end of June." So, she got word that the City she is doing it for is picking it up on SAT!!! *insert head-banging emote* "Delicate" pleading didn't work, as they have their crews already lined up to pick up the panels and start the mounting. WHICH she has to be present for to do touch up work!!!

Here is a pic of 1/2 of it...

[image=http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f166/Master--Kenobi/BoyScoutMural.jpg]

It's actually divided into four panels...This is the right 2 panels...the other 2 (left side) haven't got the pics of yet. There will be a faux painted inset frame and then the whole thing is mounted inside a true frame on the side of a building. The whole thing will wind up being over 8' by 16 ' and still waiting for the actual dedication. This is a commissioned piece honoring Troop 1 of the Boy Scouts, and is a final Eagle Scout project for one of the kids.

But FRACK does the timing ...well you know!!:_|

25. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Wow..tell Josie that looks amazing! And you know you can always call me, I won't be at D-land either. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.