main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[3SA]The Future: Implications of the new film in relation to forum traffic...

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Darth_Imran, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Edit: I think I'm done here.

2. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    Darth_Snowball posted on 2/27/05 4:24pm

[face_laugh] @ Jolly!

Bob, would you except Knightship?
    [hr][/blockquote]

Unfortunately I'm not sarcastic enough. I prefer withering, brutally honest criticism [face_devil]

And Knightwriter, I'm 100% sure Milk's posts are satire

3. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I never said anything about restricting the candidates to our group, I merely alluded to the fact that the ranks of our group comrprise the best possible candidates for what the 3SA needs.

Can you honostly say that without any trace of biasness towards you, your friends and your group as a whole?

There are 5 mods, and coverage is good as far as I'm aware M-F, but slacks off on the weekends. I don't see why a couple mods can't look in on the weekends.

4. block

block Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2004
    3SA Knight's as deputy mods is a hell of an idea. The mod squad needs a few cats like me around.

Meesa move that we grant Darth Snowball emergency powers.

5. Darth_Snowball

Darth_Snowball Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 21, 2004

Unfortunately I'm not sarcastic enough. I prefer withering, brutally honoest criticism

Bob, you fit our oath to a T.

The 3SA Knights of Sarcasm Oath
    Be loyal of hand and of mouth, seeking to serve the 3SA as best ye may.
    Seek ye the fellowship of good posters, hearken unto their words and remember them.
    Be sarcastic and dis-courteous wherever thou goest, not talking much, neither being dumb altogether.
    Allow no women or child to suffer by thy default, so that if ye may lift thy hand to assist one, do so.
    If thou must draw upon thy sarcasm to defend them, do so unto thy OWNAGE.
    If thou come into fellowship with noobs or trolls who speak in a disrespectful manner of any brother, maiden, or MOD let them know in gracious words that this displeases thou and thy Lord, then dispatch them forthwith.
    Thou art to defend and protect those who seek Roland and promote faith in Him throughout T.FN.
    I do swear by the Eternal Power of the IGNBoards, to be both a true and sarcastic Knight, to obey my Commanders and to aid my bretheren.
    This oath do I give of my own free and independent will.

6. BobTheGoon

Sep 21, 2000
    Hmmm...what would my 3SASK name be?

I suggest "Sir Encyclopedia Brown"

7. MILK-HANDS

MILK-HANDS Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2004
    Errant_Venture posted on 2/27/05 4:27pm

Can you honostly say that without any trace of biasness towards you, your friends and your group as a whole?

[hr][/blockquote]

Yes, I can. We have what the 3SA needs.

8. Darth_Snowball

Jan 21, 2004
    BobTheGoon posted on 2/27/05 4:34pm
    Hmmm...what would my 3SASK name be?

I suggest "Sir Encyclopedia Brown"
    [hr][/blockquote]

Bob, our names are from flames we have received in the 3SA. I'm sure you can pick one of many flame names you have earned. :^O

9. BobTheGoon

Sep 21, 2000
    In that case I suggest we relocate this discussion to the 3SA social thread.

10. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    "Sir Brown Nosing Doo Doo Muncher". Haha. What kind of genius called you that? :p

11. Darth_Snowball

Jan 21, 2004

In that case I suggest we relocate this discussion to the 3SA social thread.

You were to be the first person to be Knighted in Comms.

"Sir Brown Nosing Doo Doo Muncher". Haha. What kind of genius called you that?

I hate this name. I have gone thru several names as you can imagine. It was by a nOOb in one of those Palps is a clone threads. I think I linked his thread to the Fecal Force.

12. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Um, hello, we aren't like in SoCal, like whatever?

I am :)

Anyways it's absurd to say the ONLY good mod canidates can be found in your group. I can think of at least one outside of it, and I am not even a 3sa regular.

13. Darth_Snowball

Jan 21, 2004

Tracy, name one person that would be better for the 3SA than me.

Snowball-The-White would restore peace in the 3SA.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/nositttt/snowdalfv036su1.jpg]

14. jollydwarf

jollydwarf Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    I can think of at least one outside of it, and I am not even a 3sa regular.

I already checked. ome said "Thanks, but no thanks."

And then he arbitrarily posted three ometicons.

Snowball-The-White Edit Remark: Youuu...shallll...nooot...POST!

15. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    WHOA..... lighten up, everyone. This is a message board. Don't forget the TOS. no name calling, no anger, fire, brimstone, and stuff like that.

16. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    I have to say, some people have raised some great points. In particular, what stands out to me is that the AOTC forum survived three years ago and so, there's no reason why the 3SA can't do the same under the current mods.

Since I started this thread I think I should maybe stress that we don't need more mods in the 3SA. Well, say for instance, there's a great user and deserves promotion at a time of need - then that's fine. But the issue I've raised in my initial thread post is in no way suggesting we need a mass of new mods. We certainly don't need temporary mods. The 3SA team are fantastic at their job, and temp mods are not the solution to this problem (if it is a problem).

17. Darth_Snowball

Jan 21, 2004
    mac-nut posted on 2/27/05 5:40pm
    WHOA..... lighten up, everyone. This is a message board. Don't forget the TOS. no name calling, no anger, fire, brimstone, and stuff like that.
    [hr][/blockquote]

What name callin' and TOS breaking are you refering to?

This thread is pure gold.

18. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    *stacks gold coins* :D :D :D :D :D

19. BobTheGoon

Sep 21, 2000
    Darth_Imran posted on 2/27/05 5:46pm
    I have to say, some people have raised some great points. In particular, what stands out to me is that the AOTC forum survived three years ago and so, there's no reason why the 3SA can't do the same under the current mods.

Since I started this thread I think I should maybe stress that we don't need [i]more[/i] mods in the 3SA. Well, say for instance, there's a great user and deserves promotion at a time of need - then that's fine. But the issue I've raised in my initial thread post is in no way suggesting we need a mass of new mods. We certainly don't need temporary mods. The 3SA team are fantastic at their job, and temp mods are not the solution to this problem (if it is a problem).

[hr][/blockquote]

Good point and reminder.

20. MILK-HANDS

Jul 28, 2004
    droideka27 posted on 2/27/05 5:23pm
    [i] Um, hello, we aren't like in SoCal, like whatever? [/i]

I am [face_happy]

Anyways it's absurd to say the ONLY good mod canidates can be found in your group. I can think of at least one outside of it, and I am not even a 3sa regular.
    [hr][/blockquote]

Good for you. But take your vulgarizing expressions outside this fine cosmopolitan pit stop.

And where did I say that the only good candidates are within our folds? I merely said that most of the best are. There are other excellent users in the 3SA, but do they possess the variance of the average Knight? Do they have what is needed? No.

21. PK_Ate_My_Baby

PK_Ate_My_Baby Jedi Master star 2

Feb 21, 2005
    So at this point I say we start a list of 3SA Best of the Best, I'll start it off:

1)gabe
    2)BobtheGoon
    3)PrincessKenobi

(Yes I'm vain sometimes, but I'm probably one of a handful of 3SAers who refuses to break tos.)

Go ahead add next to the list. Because this thread has turned into are people are better then everyone else. Lets just see what the list says. Then we can start a pie chart and get stats and stuff. I love stats.

~PK~

22. MILK-HANDS

Jul 28, 2004
    4) Snowball
    5) TheFoolWhoFollowsHim
    6) SuperPersch

23. Jedi_Interceptor

Jedi_Interceptor Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2005
    3SA is a wasteland.

Thread Status: