main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[3SA] There isn't enough active moderation in the Ep3(SA) forum for the lead-up to ROTS.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Darth Mischievous, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Bob has me on the weekends. On a good day, I'm on til about 4:00 PM CST. I often come on in the early evenings and while I haven't been around the midnight hour as I used to, due to other commitments, I'll be on more often as we approach the 19th.

2. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    I just want to clarify that I wasn't saying any mod wasn't fulfilling his or her duties. I just see the Weekend late night hours as prime trolling times.

3. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I haven't seen any major troll threads be open, even at 3-4 am EST, for more than 30 minutes before Bob gets to them. And that late... it doesn't really matter if they're open for a bit.

Were they to be open that long during a high traffic time of day, that would be a problem. I've stuck to pretty much one thread during the day the last few days, though, so I don't know what the afternoon/early evening coverage has been like.

4. jedi_panther_fan

jedi_panther_fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I just wanted to chime in and say the modding in the 3SA has been quite efficient lately, no troll/redundant/inappropriate thread seems to last past 10 replies before its axed. Except for Holocron's "Wardrobe Malfunction" thread. ;) Thanks to all of ya. :)

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    On weekends, I stay on til about 1:30 or so. Even I need to sleep.

6. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I do my best at weekends, but being in the UK, obviosuly I'm not around Prime Time. Hook is also on most weekends.

The situation is not perfect, but then we will never be able to have a perfect situation on 3SA. No matter how many mods we have, SOMETHING will ALWAYS get through. The situation is a lot better now Bob's on board-He's a sensational mod who's took to it like a duck to water. I defiantly don't feel the weekend pressure that I and I'm sure Hook and Sinister were feeling before Bob's arrival.

But ultimatly, theres never going to be 100% coverage. The situation is never going to be 100% perfect on 3SA. We have to accept that and deal with it.

7. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    No matter how many mods we have, SOMETHING will ALWAYS get through.

So we keep telling certain people. I'm just afraid that they'll try to step in and do a "better" job. I don't think that anyone is going to like that "better" job if and when it happens. . .

EDIT: Just so I'm clear, those certain people are not the users in 3SA or any other forum here.

8. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    I think the 3SA mods are doing a good job(they can't be here all the time), but I like to thank Raven for stepping in when things get really out of hand.

9. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Well, we're going to need ALL copyrighted material being kept off 3SA as we move into the official Merhandise release. When I say all copyrighted matierial, I mean ALL. LFL have been raising blue murder over recent leaks. The dark side is coming. :(

10. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    As I've stated elsewhere I'll increase my visibility in the 3SA and remove anything that shouldn't be there. I know you guys are doing your best, and perhaps LFL's comments are a little bit harsh, but we're all aware of the power they have.

11. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    So would that include those ever-harmful things like icons or quotes from the film? God forbid the kids ever get soiled from being exposed to that kind of material...

12. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    In times like this, we're always questioning every move we make. It's frustrating to say the least. The only thing I'm sure of is we can discuss generalities of known characters like Padmé and Anakin. That's about it. Strangest I've ever seen them act in all my time here. I'm still trying to sort it all out.[face_frustrated]

13. _Equilibrium_

_Equilibrium_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2004
    LFL only wants the 3sa to talk about Anakin & Padme

14. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    Ok, who is this LFL_Juan, and why are all the mods changing their colors to red?

15. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    There is more than one.

LFL_Sanja
    LFL_Luke
    LFL_Gregor
    LFL_Juan
    LFL-Dave

I guess their here to help out.

16. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    G-FETT, are you leaving?

:(

17. LFL_Jason

LFL_Jason Jedi Knight

Mar 31, 2005
    You can add my name to the list. :)

18. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    Well, welcome to all of the LFL'ers.

19. JediRecon

JediRecon Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2002
    I still feel this is a joke. TFN ALWAYS has an April Fools Joke.

If this is real, why wait until now? I can name numerous sites you could go after. Why this one? I do not believe this is legitimate; but another example of TFN going too far to try and pull one over on their users and then point and laugh on April 2nd with "haha, we got you good!"

20. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Shame about the 3SA mods. Sape had been voicing his concern about this for a while, but damn...

21. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    If it is a joke, I know a lot of people who will leave. Just the whole thing in general was in bad taste, plus mods swearing at and flaming each other...

22. cheese_boy

cheese_boy Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    I'd just like clarification from someone in the know on this issue, please.

23. Lord_BlackAdder

Lord_BlackAdder Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 14, 2003
    Bad taste: yes... but I enjoyed it and you must admit it was very funny to see such people as Sinister using the F word.

24. JediRecon

JediRecon Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2002
    "If it is a joke, I know a lot of people who will leave. Just the whole thing in general was in bad taste, plus mods swearing at and flaming each other..."

Ever see the "N'Sync" joke? The entire TFN went to an N'Sync website when you typed it in. People were really angry.

These people never know when to quit! They love to go to extremes. Mods were banning other mods and it turned out it was one big joke. Mods have their own forum where they come up with this stuff. It really gets out of hand.

25. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    And I don't think it was funny, personally. A lot of people don't. And no, those aren't people who feel bitter at being tricked. This is an extreme they shouldn't go to with a joke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.