main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[3SA] There isn't enough active moderation in the Ep3(SA) forum for the lead-up to ROTS.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Darth Mischievous, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_panther_fan

jedi_panther_fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    This was a classic, good job guys...better I think than the NSTINK crap. How long did it take you to plan this one? And can you tell which mod was which "LFL mod?" Juan was my personal fave. I was laughing out loud today and people were looking at me like I had lost my mind...

2. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Good joke, they got me for a little bit. [face_blush]

Glad to hear no MODs quit.

3. The_General_Grievous

The_General_Grievous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2005
    there should be an 05er mod

4. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    The_General_Grievous posted on 3/31/05 8:14pm
    there should be an 05er mod
    [hr][/blockquote]

Not going to happen for awhile. Heck, it took me 5 years to get the job

5. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    LFL_Gregor

Just curious - was that supposed to be from Ewan McGregor? :p

6. LFL_Jon

LFL_Jon Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2005
  7. YTMND

YTMND Jedi Master star 5

Nov 22, 2004
    I know this has been said a hundred times before,but my frustration hit a fever pitch tonight.

I believe their should be at least one more mod in the 3SA,often times there is no mod present at all.

This is a problem when there are twentyredundant threads made about each specific issue.

Most of the time any of these topics could be found in the official threads link in the header of the page.

Which is something else I notoced,it is now in the header and is not so easy to find.

It may not help much to the newbies,but maybe if common users could have an easier time accessing it we would be able to re-direct a thread faster.

Not that nicely re-directing a thread does anything...

But then again,maybe the solution isn't another mod,it seems to me that the mods we do have are hardly ever around anymore.

A couple of months ago and I couldn't have looked at the 3SA without seeing Dehrian or HLaS locking up a thread and re-directnig it properly.

Where are our mods now that we need them,Bob is on often,but by the time things get out of control he seems to be logged off.

Well that is my thought/suggestion/complaint.

I hope someone may read this and take it to heart.:)

8. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    From a mod's standpoint, lots of redundant threads occurring when no 3SA mod is online is not a big problem at all. It's an annoyance at best. Just as long as users know they can go to the mods listed in the contact thread for help for big issues, we're doing fine. No forum anywhere on the net has you covered every second, hour, and minute of the day. There's got to be some flexibility and understanding.

9. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    There's got to be some flexibility and understanding.

Sape, you do realize what forum you just posted in, right?

I tend to think that there's enough coverage - some of us ex-ers hang out and PM the online mods when we see bad stuff. I've never had to wait more than a few minutes to get stuff edited/deleted/bann... er, /deleted.

10. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    For the most part, all the horrible, deviant threads have not been a problem in the 3SA. Just some minor SPAM or redundant threads here and there but definitely nothing out of control. With about a month to go I'd say the 3SA has done a great job maintaining itself.

Soon it will be over and the 3SA will be no more. :(

11. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Thank you for that post. It is more appreciated than you know. We hear more of what's not right than recognition for the efforts for when we try to improve consistency and coverage. :)

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    ObiWan is dead on...

The 3SA is probably the busiest forum on the net and it's constantly in a state of chaos, so far as threads popping up, dropping away, coming back...

You have so many noobs who Google'd Episode 3 and found their way there that it's just random madness. On top of more redundant threads than can be possibly be logged, there are always insane wars between users over theories, stupidity going on in PM's, socks out the hooha, etc.

The Mods in the 3SA are some of the most dedicated VOLUNTEERS I've ever seen, and although some have their moments, they have the patience of saints with most of the characters who sho up there.

The times when the 3SA is Mod-less are few and far between, and things thatmay have been missed when they happened are always investigated properly.

It's an unenviable job. But, still a job well done.

13. Jedi_Master_Ryokono

Jedi_Master_Ryokono Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    MyKe's right.

I can recall a time when I used to go straight into the 3SA and boom! something new would be there and cool, even pictures, or a new Pablo report or something. But as we get so much closer to the big day, I become increasingly impressed with the handling of the redundancy by the Mod(s) in there. People have seemed to let things go downhill but look at the way it could be. It IS a busy board, you can't deny it. And with some of the more difficult posters to boot.

Cut them some slack, for Pete's sake.

14. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    From someone who has been in 3SA since Sep of 02, let me say the ROTS SA mods are a standard the rest of the mods should be holding themselves up to. Seriously. I post on many other forums within TFN and this group manages seriously heavy traffic and is always fair and keeps things positive. I am amazed at the lack of real "teh drama" we have there. A lot of it is because they allow us older users to help newer ones and don't let people get all offended.Drama doesn't pop up everywhere and they manage wonderfully to keep trouble makers smacked down. 3SA has been called a war zone, but frankly it is a much more enjoyable place to post than anywhere on these forums and that's because of the sense of community more than anything else. You guys rock. [face_peace]

Now, where's my $20 Paypal donation? :p

15. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    Well, there is a troll currently going wild in the Ep3(SA) forum.

EDIT:

This is ridiculous. The troll has just about filled up the entire front page with his SPAM.

16. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    It's typical isn't it. I log off for half an hour and all hell break loose! I think i've taken care of all the threads now.

17. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    Thanks.

You know the saying: when the cats are away, the mice run around and play.

18. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    BIG thank you goes to LAJ_FETT. Thanks for dealing with this man. =D=

19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    No problem. Your guys can PM me for problems if no 3SA mods are around and I am online.

20. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

The only thing the 3SA needs is a few "TROLL - DO NOT UNBAN"s, if you know what I mean.

21. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Wasn't this guy one of our regular posters? I saw what happened, but I'm curious...did he just forget to take his meds or something? Or did I come in on the short end of the convo?

Seriously, though - If you guys could see some of the real dramah :rolleyes: that goes on in other forums on TFN, you'd just laugh a troll coming up now and then. We have it better than some of you may think. Trolling and bashing can be taken care of relatively in short order, the sagas of needless drama that goes on in places like YJCC, SW Community and Fanfic will just wear you down. Seriously.

22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The user name was similar to one of the regulars but it was on the New Users list this morning (which is how I found the troublemaker).

23. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Thank you so much for the nice things you had to say about the 3SA and its moderation. We don't hear that very much and when we do, it reminds us that it is appreciated and noticed.

24. Tooqui_The_Jedi

Tooqui_The_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2003
    I would be glad to be a moderator
    i try to make it to every new board to see if any thing needs to be taken care of.
    consider making me a "rat".

25. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

Asking to be made a mod is a very new and innovative idea. I'm honestly shocked no one has thought of it before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.