main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN 4-2-05 "Official Release Date" for ROTS toys/merchandise E'ville Jedi event thread.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Mr_Self_Destrukt, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Midnight on the 2nd of April Wal-Mart, as in past experiences, will have all thing ROTS released in the form of approx 56 figures, 4-5 model kits, numerous vehicles and maybe the Official Soundtrack.

Below is the list for the figures to be released...

May contain spoilers, but not really.

[image=http://www.epicplastic.com/3854-ep3checklist.jpg]

2. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    Looks like between all this cool stuff and CIII, we will all be in the newspapers under BANKRUPCIES.

We need to get second jobs. [face_money_eyes] [face_money_eyes]

3. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Do you have a link to the site with the checklist you posted here? I would like to print it out but it's not very clear when I try to print from your link.

4. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Nevermind, I found it. :)

5. -master-yoda-

-master-yoda- Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2005
    I work 7am-4pm m-f at the west side walmart, and as much as I *love* to get outta there, I'm gonna have to stop by at midnight and see if she's put anything out yet :)

6. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2005
    Master Yoda,

Can you keep your ears open for any news about a Wal-mart Star Wars event? I read some stores may get to do some retailtainment stuff.

7. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Well, the club is actually working on an official event at one of the Wal-Marts for a midnight gathering in order for us to band together and demand to buy toys at midnight. It should be fun. We may pass out fliers to promote the club and also may have some costumers there.

Mr_Self_Destrukt and I have been working on it. There will be more info to follow, including discussion at the next General meeting.

8. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    On April 2nd 2005, Wal-Mart and various other retailers will release the newly anticipated Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith action figures and vehicles. Most of you that have met me already know that I am an avid collector of Star Wars and various other lines of collectibles/action figures such as McFarlane, Marvel Legends, etc;

Due to my love for this hobby I have recently started up a website (www.epicplastic.com) that will be host for various reviews that I will do for a variety of different action figures, collectibles, and so on. It will have a fully functioning forum so collectors can talk about whatever they want to about their collections. It?s far from being finished so please be merciful to me since it is still under construction.

Now what does this have to do with us as a Fan Force?

I originally wanted to do a documentary on this event with either Wal-Mart or TRU. Since the latter will not have a midnight release (TRU) I decided on doing photos of the whole event from beginning to end. Also at the same time I was thinking about joining the ?E?ville Jedi? and had asked in a previous thread if we had any costumers that may be interested in being at the midnight release with the idea of making this into an event for the website. Then I wanted to include the Evansville Fan Force in the way of handing out fliers to promote the group. TI9362 (Joe) and WedgesOtherNephew (Scott) and I have been talking about this and what started out as Epicplastic.com doing the ?documentary? with the guys from E?ville Jedi trooping for it and the Fan Force doing there thing has become our Fan Force becoming the primary reason to do this with the costumers and Epicplastic.com just covering it all in the way of photography and possible interviews with the other collectors and fan boys that will be there.

Right now is a crucial time for our Fan Force in that a new Star Wars release always generates a lot of interest and enthusiasm that a lot of people would also like to channel into something creative such as our Fan Force.

If there is a time to advertise and recruit new members this is definitely the perfect and most opportune time.

Under discussion we know that we will definitely do the following:

? Show up enforce just to have a good time and to be part of the last major toy release for Star Wars (I hope not).
    ? TI9362 and hopefully G1Prowl along with other members will be present with costumes.
    ? Dinner afterwards, probably at Steak and Shake that nearby

What we may need to discuss and could possibly be a problem but will be worked out by our City Rep with help from Joe and myself will be permissions.

What I mean by permissions is the possibility of handing out fliers may be considered solicitation and taking photographs may not be permitted as well.

If we decide to do the flier, who will design it? What will it say? We can discuss this at our next general meeting or possibly have a special meeting, That is up to our City Rep if he feels that we need to do it. I just think it would be best that when its time for whoever to pitch this to the stores GM that we can give him all the definite?s along with a flier so he knows up front what we are wanting to do and not leave him with a possible situation of uncertainties.

I hope that I haven?t blown anyone away with this and I hoe that I haven?t overstepped my boundaries when it comes to this event.

If you have any question please feel free to PM either myself (mr_self_destrukt), Joe (TI9362), or our City Rep Scott.

9. -master-yoda-

Mar 2, 2005
    G1Prowl,

I'll be glad to let you know anything I can (as long as I'm legally allowed to 'leak' it) ;)

10. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    We should mention that we are looking at the West side Wal-mart. With it being new, and us having a connection out there...It may be our best bet.

11. G1Prowl

Feb 10, 2005
    Sounds cool to me! I'm just looking for a reason to put on the armor and "Troop". :)

12. G1Prowl

Feb 10, 2005
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I used to work for Wally world and still know some of the Managers in the area. Though with Master Yoda working there I'd say that would get our foot in the door. I never had any problems in the past doing retailtainment stuff for them so long as we let them know we are not trying to sell something. Heck, they may be nice enough to give us costumers a place to change.

13. TI9362

TI9362 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2003
    The "official" event will be happening at the top 400 Wal-Marts across the country. Since Evansvile's stores are not on the list, we have a little more leeway as to what we can plan and do.

Since MSD has approached the stores already it might be a good idea to make him the "front man", and the E'Ville Jedi and local Legioners can ride "in tow".. I think we want to make it clear that our presence will help them, and not be intrusive. Any other ideas?

-=joe=-

14. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Those are good observations, and that's pretty much what we are doing. Master Yoda is our contact at Wal-mart & she is going to bat for us. MSD is running point. And we are all communicating together about what is going on...I am here if needed...

:)

15. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    The midnight even is 4 weeks from today.

What does everyone plan on buying?

I plan in buying pretty much all the figures except the re-packaged ones like the reg battle droid.

I cannot wait to get my hands on the ARC fighter, Obi-Wan's starfighter, and the Tri-Droid fighter. I think however the ARC won't be released at that time.

I will definately be getting the Unleashed figures of Anakin, Obi-Wan, and General Grevious.

16. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    This is from www.rebelscum.com

ROTS Rollout Plans
    Posted by Mark on March 4, 2005:

Back again with more of Hasbro's plans for their Revenge of the Sith rollout, listing several more case assortments that indicate April 2nd should be a rather expensive day for Star Wars collectors. This time around we've added Hasbro?s estimated shipping "month" for each assortment; in parenthesis following each case number. Again, there's every indication that all of these items will be available on the second of April. All we can say is start saving, and be sure to grab a cart on the way in.

As always, the following information is subject to change without notice, but to the best of our knowledge these are Hasbro's Master Carton break downs for U.S. Distribution.

UNLEASHED -

851760001: (FEB)
    2x Anakin Skywalker
    2x Obi-Wan Kenobi
    2x General Grievous

12" Ultimate Villian -

851810000: (MAR)
    4x Anakin/Darth Vader

Battle Vehicles -

851940001: (FEB)
    3x Boga w/ Obi-Wan Kenobi
    3x BARC Speeder w/ Trooper

851940003: (FEB)
    6x AT-RT w/ Trooper

Assault Vehicles -

851960000: (JAN)
    6x Anakin's Jedi Starfighter (Sneak Preview)

851960004: (FEB)
    1x Anakin's Jedi Starfighter
    2x Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter
    1x Droid Tri-Fighter
    2x Grievous' Wheel Bike

851960006: (MAR)
    2x Anakin's Jedi Starfighter
    2x Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter
    2x Grievous' Wheel Bike

Battle Arena -

852410003: (FEB)
    2x Chancellor's Office: Sidious vs Mace
    2x Trade Federation Cruiser: Dooku vs Anakin

852410002: (MAR)
    1x Chancellor's Office: Sidious vs Mace
    1x Trade Federation Cruiser: Dooku vs Anakin
    2x Utapau Landing Platform: Bodyguard vs Obi-Wan

Gunship Asst. -

854140001: (MAR)
    2x Republic Gunship (ROTS)

17. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    Here is some more info from www.rebelscum.com...

ROTS Deluge
    Posted by Mark on March 3, 2005:

With the Revenge of the Sith product release date fast approaching, it seems everyone is asking what they should expect come April 2nd. While nobody can say for sure, not even Hasbro, we've intercepted and decoded a good portion of Hasbro?s secret plans for the ultimate assault on our wallets.

Except where noted, all of the following case assortments are listed as shipping this month. What eventually makes it to the shelves April 2nd will depend heavily on retails ability to transfer stock to the store level. Given the fact that we've already seen a number of the following case packs placed early, there's every indication all forty of the figures contained in these case assortments will be on hand for April's rollout.

As always, the following information is subject to change without notice, but to the best of our knowledge these are the Mastercarton break downs for Hasbro's U.S. Distribution.

Basic Figures Collection 1

85173000C:
    1x Obi-Wan Kenobi #1
    1x Anakin Skywalker (Lightsaber) #2
    1x Yoda #3
    1x Super Battle Droid #4
    1x Chewbacca #5
    1x Clone Trooper #6
    1x R2-D2 #7
    1x Grievous' Bodyguard #8
    1x General Grievous (Four Saber) #9
    1x Mace Windu #10
    1x Darth Vader #11
    1x Emperor Palpatine #12

85173000L:
    2x Obi-Wan Kenobi #1
    2x Anakin Skywalker (Lightsaber) #2
    2x Yoda #3
    2x Clone Trooper #6
    2x General Grievous (Four Saber) #9
    2x Darth Vader #11

85173000D:
    1x Yoda #3
    1x Clone Trooper #6
    1x Mace Windu #10
    1x Emperor Palpatine #12
    1x Tarfful #25
    1x Yoda (Spinning) #26
    2x Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Kick) #27
    2x Anakin Skywalker (Slashing) #28

85173000E:
    1x Obi-Wan Kenobi #1
    1x Super Battle Droid #4
    1x Chewbacca #5
    1x R2-D2 #7
    1x Darth Vader #11
    2x Tarfful #25
    2x Yoda (Spinning) #26
    1x Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Kick) #27
    1x Anakin Skywalker (Slashing) #28

85173000M:
    1x Yoda #3
    1x Clone Trooper #6
    2x Darth Vader #11
    2x Clone Commander #33
    1x Clone Pilot #34
    1x Palpatine #35
    1x General Grievous #36

85173000N:
    1x Super Battle Droid #4
    1x Chewbacca #5
    1x R2-D2 #7
    1x Darth Vader #11
    1x Yoda (Spinning) #26
    1x Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Kick) #27
    1x Anakin Skywalker (Slashing) #28
    1x Clone Commander #33
    2x Clone Pilot #34
    1x Palpatine #35
    1x General Grievous #36

Basic Figures Collection 2

85174000A:
    1x Count Dooku #13
    1x Chancelor Palpatine #14
    1x Bail Organa #15
    1x Plo Koon #16
    1x Battle Droid #17
    1x C-3PO #18
    1x Padmé #19
    1x Agen Kolar #20
    1x Shaak Ti #21
    1x Kit Fisto #22
    1x Royal Guard #23
    1x Mon Mothma #24

851740004:
    1x Bail Organa #15
    1x Battle Droid #17
    1x C-3PO #18
    1x Royal Guard #23
    2x Ki-Adi Mundi #29
    2x Sae See Tiin #30
    2x Luminara Unduli #31
    2x Aayla Secura #32

85174000D:
    1x Plo Koon #16
    1x Agen Kolar #20
    1x Shaak Ti #21
    1x Kit Fisto #22
    2x Ki-Adi Mundi #29
    2x Sae See Tiin #30
    2x Luminara Unduli #31
    2x Aayla Secura #32

85174000B:
    1x Count Dooku #13
    1x Chancelor Palpatine #14
    1x Battle Droid #17
    1x C-3PO #18
    1x Ki-Adi Mundi #29
    1x Sae See Tiin #30
    1x Luminara Unduli #31
    1x Aayla Secura #32
    1x Vader's Medical Droid #37
    1x AT-TE Tank Gunner #38
    1x Polis Massan #39
    1x Mas Amedda #40

According to our information, these case assortments are due to ship in April, most likely hitting shelves by early May.

85174000E:
    1x Bail Organa #15
    1x Padmé #19
    1x Kit Fisto #22
    1x Royal Guard #23
    2x Vader's Medical Droid #37
    2x AT-TE Tank Gunner #38
    2x Polis Massan #39
    2x Mas Amedda #40

85174000F:
    1x Plo Koon #16
    1x Agen Kolar #20
    1x Shaak Ti #21
    1x Kit Fisto #22
    1x Ki-Adi Mundi #29
    1x Sae See Tiin #30
    1x Luminara Unduli #31
    1x Aayla Secura #32
    1x Vader's Medical Droid #37
    1x AT-TE Tank Gunner #38
    1x Polis Massan #39
    1x Mas Amedda #40

85174000G:
    1x Count Dooku #13
    1x Bail Org

18. -master-yoda-

Mar 2, 2005
    This is what I've found out so far from Wal-Mart.

MSD is going to be allowed to take pictures of the liscensing wall after it is set. Unfortunately, we will not be allowed to pass out any type of information, due to Wal-Mart's Home Office Anti-Solicitation policy. I'm sure, however, if we make it known to other Star Wars fans who we are and they ask for information, we can give it to them.

It's possible the Episode III modular will be set BEFORE midnight 4/2. I'm really good friends with the toy dept. mgr, so we're kinda working together. I'll let you know what I find out. It does say in our planning guide that it has to be set BY 4/2 at midnight, but it doesn't say that it can't be set before midnight. We shall see. :)

19. -master-yoda-

Mar 2, 2005
    For anyone who is interested, Wal-Mart is going to be having a Photo Lab push tying in with the release of Ep III closer to the release date. I'm assuming it is going to be similar to the Shark Tales Event they had a few months ago. They should have a cardboard cut out dealing with Ep III. I believe kids get a free 8x10. The free 8x10 may also be for adults if they want it, I'm not sure. It will probably be on a Saturday. I will post more as I find out, for anyone wanting more information. :)

20. G1Prowl

Feb 10, 2005
    I just wants me some of them thar clone troopers!

21. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    Not what I wanted but its better than nothing. Thanks to Master Yoda for going to bat for us.

I am sure the costumes will spark plenty of questions about who we are and if anyone asks me why I am taking pictures, I will just tell them its for our Fan Force.

I have never heard of any penalty being associated with releasing the figures early unless the cash registers would block the sale.

22. G1Prowl

Feb 10, 2005
    Thanks for the help master yoda!

23. -master-yoda-

Mar 2, 2005
    Anytime guys. :)

I'm excited about the release. If I read MSD's post correctly, then I'm assuming that there will be more than one style of Yoda figurines? That would be cool. Hehe I think my husband's as excited as me. :)

24. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    At least your husband is thrilled, my girlfriend is kinda scratching her head as to where its going to go.

25. Agent_Sith

Agent_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2003
    Oooh Oooh!!

I'll definitely be getting the Unleashed figures!!

<rubs hands together> EXXcellent..

And can I bring the sabers? Can't have a midnight toy buying spree without the sabers!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.