main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OKC, OK 4/23/02 Toys R Us

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by darthtenbiscuits, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    I can't believe no one has posted on this yet. Has anyone been bugging Toys R Us for info? Or are you guys going to Wal-Mart?

2. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    I'm avoiding AOTC toys for now, period. The spoiler-free forum put up a note that one of the AOTC Lego sets, at Wal-Mart at least, has a huge spoiler for the film's ending, and I'm spoiled enough already.

3. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    I've heard that certain action figures do also. I don't blame you a bit.

And I've heard that the QS TRU won't be open at midnight.

4. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    I'm probably going to go to Wal-Mart. Its a little closer to me than TRU is.

5. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    What about the TRU by Crossroads?

I'm not a big fan of Wal-mart, but if TRU won't cooperate...

6. XR73627794

Jan 12, 2002
    Well, I might go to TRU. Don't know yet if they are doing the midnight madness though.
    I saw that a list of the stores doing it was released, but the website that it is on is down. :(
    I guess I'll just do some looking in to it later though, still have over two weeks to go.
    And oh yeah, I've been working the mad hours here recently, so I can make sure that I have enough money to buy as much AOTC merchandise on the 23rd as my nerdly little heart desires. :)

Later.

7. Super_Collector

Super_Collector Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    The link to the 'open TRUs' is often 'down due to excessive bandwidth useage' ...

If you'd like to see the list, send a blank message to: TRUlist@StarWarsGuide.net and the autorepsonder will send you back the entire list that was posted by the theforce.net reader. (The autoresponder dumps all incoming messages, so don't send any questions or expect a personal reply. 8-} )

8. XR73627794

Jan 12, 2002
    ah, thanks

EDIT:

Well, got the list, and according to it, a TRU up in Tulsa is the only one in Oklahoma that is doing it.
    But I think this should really be taken with a grain of salt, because the list does not list any Dallas area TRUs as doing it either, and that seems a little strange to me.
    You never know, maybe if we bother the TRUs here, especially the Crossroads one, cause its the closest to me, then maybe they will decide to be nice and let us get our toys. :)

Damn, its almost 11:30 am, time for XR73627794 to get some sleep in now. Good night, or good morning to everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.