main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX 4-27-02 Meeting comment thread

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by goldbubbly, Apr 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    Hey everybody! I thought I'd start a thread for everyone to post their comments on the meeting.

I also have two questions: What did you like about the meeting?And what would you like to see change for the next meeting?

I'll post some of my comments later.

-Goldy

2. Truxtun

Truxtun Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2001
    Dang did it twice ... :)

3. Truxtun

Truxtun Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2001
    [image=http://www.epicwars.com/photos/ff-houston.jpg]
    Hello all - Steve here - here is the Pic from the meeting:
    Lets see if I can link it correctly :)

It was good meeting everyone, I had fun...

Also my email is truxtun@kingwoodcable.com and EpicWars.com is my web site, although I don't have anything up yet :)
    Anyone interested in helping??? ;)

Later

Steve

4. bebo_lokk

bebo_lokk Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 2001
    Howdy y'all, enjoyed very much meeting everyone - it's not that often that I attend meetings were everyone's interest lies along the same path. We will have to do that again soon!
    Things that could have been better...next time I would suggest a little more structure. I was a little late and didn't get to meet everyone (there were so many!)
    A few Q's I have:
    Who's the city rep?
    possible next meeting?
    Are we going to meet up for the premere?
    Does anyone else build costumes or props?

5. Quarantine

Quarantine Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    I would like to meet for the premere!
    But that would be kind of hard to get everyone together. :(

EDIT: Can everyone say what they look like and tell their screen name so I know who everyone is?

6. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    Sorry I couldn't make it. I left the house really late & hit crappy traffic on 45.

So what did I miss?
    When is the next meeting?

-Ramiro

p.s.
    go see JASON X!!!

7. Quarantine

Mar 12, 2002
    We were talking about meeting 2 weeks after AOTC comes out.

It was a good meeting. :)

8. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    A few Q's I have:
    Who's the city rep?
    possible next meeting?
    Are we going to meet up for the premere?
    Does anyone else build costumes or props?

We do not have a city rep yet. Maybe that's something we can talk about at...hmmm either our next meeting or the one after that.

Possible next meeting? I really want to get together again sometime after Ep2 so we can all get together and talk about it.

Meet up for the premier? um, it's something i'm interested in, but have no plans for as yet.

I don't build costumes or props :( but it's possible to get me interested in it :)

next time I would suggest a little more structure. I was a little late and didn't get to meet everyone (there were so many!)

yes more structure next time would be nice, but i liked having our first meeting more casual, a get to know each other type thing. And i really enjoyed being able to talk with y'all!! True most of us probably do not match up faces with sn's yet, but we're getting there i think. And there were 18 of us there.

dracula766

Basically we talked about anything and everything. It was an informal meeting. We met up at the BBQ place, got our food, sat down and started talking. The table was so long we had several conversations going on at one time. We talked about things on the JC, EpII, things we did/didn't like about previous movies, and anything else that came to mind. Hope to meet you at the next meeting, whenever we decide to have it.

-goldy

9. Darthmusic

Darthmusic Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    I couldn't make it cause I had to work but I'll hopefully be able to make the next meeting. I get to meet new collectors buying figures and I'd love to get to meet more star wars fans.

10. Vadersnoghri

Vadersnoghri Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Hey everyone,
    Sorry I could not make it, but I had to work. I think it would be great to meet up for the midnight showing. Another way that it may be possible is if everyone that lives on the southeast side meets at Gulf Point 30, west side at Katy Tinsltown and so on, that way we would not have to drive that far if that would be a problem. Just an idea. Also It really looked like yall had some fun, and that is so awesome. Finally a pace where evryone can meet and just have fun with one topic, Star Wars. By the way are there any updates as to when tickets go on sale, and if they are even close to putting a digital theater here in Houston, or at least a THX approved theater here. Well May the Force be with Everyone.

11. WJGlory

WJGlory Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2002
    I had a great time there. The people were very nice and the food was good. We definitely need to meet up again. We could meet a few days BEFORE the premiere to possibly get ideas on which theatre to attend. Then we could have a meeting after the premiere to discuss our views on it and try and find a way to speed up time for 2005 to be around the corner. But I really had a great time and I'm really looking forward to another get-together. Take care.

JIM

12. Padawan_adnama

Padawan_adnama Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2001
    Dude! I found my lost sn!

:D

-<goldy>

13. Quarantine

Mar 12, 2002
    Hmmmm...

If we could all assign characters to everyone and attend the movie like that that would be cool. :)

-Lauryn

14. Count_Dough-ku

Count_Dough-ku Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2001
    Sorry I couldn't make it. I had to work yesterday. I thought about calling in sick, but then I remembered all the cash I blew on Episode II merchandise this week and realized that earning a paycheck isn't exactly an overrated thing.

Hopefully I can make it to the next meeting(PLEASE let it not be on a Saturday!).

15. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    I agree, maybe there should be another meeting before the big day, especially since alot of us couldn't make it yesterday.

-Ramiro

16. BabyPadme

BabyPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2002
    i just signed up, i was at the meeting...i was with my baby pollodiablo. i thought the meeting was neat. i just recently got interested in star wars. about a month ago i asked pollodiablo to play one of the movies. after that i wanted to see all of them. i am not completely a star wars geek like him...but he is very happy that he atleast got me interested. he bought me my first star wars toy about three days ago...it was a light saber. my first toy...i opened mine, ofcourse. i think its the best toy ever. enough, with my rambling.
    i enjoyed meeting all of you at the meeting.

*Monica*

17. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Sorry about the no show. One guy decided he did not want to drive that far and the night's GM started to pout because we might loose our table (even though the store was relatively empty :confused: ). So no substantial decisions were made?
    Hopefully I can make the next meeting.

18. DECO_DROID

DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    sounds like a successful meeting. we had out of town friends drive in and invite us to dinner at their (in town) parents house, so we couldn't refuse. i'm sorry i missed out. hopefully next time things will work out better for me. i know i will be out of town the 10th - 15th, but i'd like to be at the next meeting, before or after ep2.

19. mikel_antilles

mikel_antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    I really enjoyed meetingt everyone, and can't wait until the next get together. :)

20. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    EDIT: Can everyone say what they look like and tell their screen name so I know who everyone is?

I was the strikingly handsome one. Okay, that's an outright lie 8-} I was the one wearing the One Ring.

next time I would suggest a little more structure.

I had fun, and enjoyed the informal, structureless setting, but bebbo_lokk is right, next time some structure would be a good idea. A suggestion for our next meeting; we could probably get a public library to let us use a meeting room (been done before), that way we won't be disturbed by other restraunt guests.

We were talking about meeting 2 weeks after AOTC comes out.

[Homer]Doh![/Homer] I'll be out of town that weekend. But I will be in town the weekend before AOTC, so I'll attend if we do a meeting then. If we want to meet the weekend before to discuss line-ups or the premier, we might want to start making plans now so that everyone gets fair warning of time/location for the meeting.

21. BabyPadme

BabyPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2002
    i was the one short, fat, girl with the overalls.

*Monica*

22. WJGlory

WJGlory Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2002
    BTW Truxtun, the photo looks GREAT.

23. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    Wow! It sounds like the meeting was awesome! I had a blast at prom and project prom (the duct tape was a GREAT success!), so I'm not to upset that I didn't get to go. We do need to start thinking of another meeting date. I think that 2 weeks after the premiere is going to be a little hairy for me and any other seniors that post on the board. Plus the fact that I think we should meet earlier than that. May 3rd was mentioned and I'm unavailable for that day, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't do it that day. Anyone else?

24. mikel_antilles

mikel_antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    Duct tape??? Hmmmm.....Intrigued

May 3rd is out for me. I am leaving for C2 on the 2nd. I will try and pick up a Jorg action figure for who ever wants one. It would be nice if the meeting was some time after C2 so I could pass out the figures.

P.S. A lot is going on in May for me on the weekends. I will be out of town almost every weekend.

25. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    (double post)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.