main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX 4-27-02 Meeting comment thread

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by goldbubbly, Apr 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    How about May 11th?

2. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    May 11th is good for me.

3. Omegacron

Omegacron Jedi Master

Mar 7, 2002
    Sorry I missed it. I was working on a project at home and lost track of the time. It sounds like the meeting went well. I'm fairly flexible for another meeting time, but would have the best luck on a Saturday again.

For the record, I would love a Jorg figure. I really regret not being able to go to C2 but having my very own Jorg figure may help. Thank you for the offer, Mikel - please let me know if there are any details to iron out. You can reach me at alpha@omegacron.com

Bebo - I am involved in costume/prop-making, but would probably only rank "amateur" level. I'm currently working on a NJO-era Jedi costume & saber.

4. Jedilane

Jedilane Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2001
    Howdy yall. I had fun at the meeting.

Another meeting would be great.

Description: Well, really tall and I had on a blue shirt (Blue Haven-camp). Um...I talked to everyone so at least we did talk for a second.

Picture: :)

I will be in Oklahoma for the week of the movie (doing SWRPG with old college buddies),so I won't be able to attend with everyone. But I would be willing to see it again after that week.

Jedilane ---or Jeff for those of you who remember.

5. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    The 11th may work if we do it early in the afternoon because I have a feeling that I might be working that day (from like 3 to 11).

I can't wait for the next meeting!!!!

ONLY 16 DAYS UNTIL AOTC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    The 11th sounds good for me too.

-Ramiro

7. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    May 11th is looking good for a lot of folks, maybe we should start a thread on the topic.

8. Vadersnoghri

Vadersnoghri Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    I can meet May 11th as long as it is early. I have to be at work at 4 PM, so if it is early like maybe 11 or 12 I could make it. I would really love to make the meeting.

9. Master-Omaj-Kadub

Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 22, 2000
    Hello everybody....

I was excited to see the people that did show up..it was a great starting point for Houston FF....

I gave the list of everybody that showed to somebody...whoever has that list, please post the screen names of all who attended so we have a current listing....

For those of you who didn't make it, next time will be twice as exciting...

Next time we should all vote on somebody taking on the responsibility of city rep; then go from there...

10. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Truxtun, thank you, the picture is awesome!

The meeting was great. For those of you who were there, thanks for coming, and I really enjoyed meeting and getting to know you all. For those of you who were not able to make it, yes it was fun, but we will have many more opportunities for you to attend meetings. :)

I agree that the meeting was very successful in allowing everyone to get to know each other better. We discussed the JC, AOTC, EU...you name it, we had fun talking about it.

Yes, we will need to be more organized and have the meetings stuctured better in the future. We need to discuss where we want to go with our Fan Force chapter, and how we want to run it. As the FF rules state, we can do it however we want! So, we just have to discuss just how that is exactly. Yes, we also need to pick a City Representative. For any questions regarding FanForce (City Reps, FAQ, etc.), you may check out the Fanforce FAQ (what's this all about?) thread, located in FanForce Communications. So, whomever wants to look over some of this stuff will be prepared for our next meeting in discussion our chapter.

We have our first official meeting down, and only two more to go to become an official Fan Force chapter. :)

As for meeting again, I agree it should be soon. We obviously do want to wait forever and let our excitement about FF Houston die out. IMHO, I believe we should have the second meeting not too long after AOTC is released. We have much to discuss about our chapter, but I think that only two weeks after the first meeting is a little soon. It is only five days before the movie release. If we were to put off that meeting a week or two, I would imagine a greater number of people would be able to attend, and we would have the movie to discuss.

Here are the names of the people who attended the meeting and signed the sheet. I am also emailing out this list to those on the list, complete with email addresses.

Master-Omaj-Kadub
    Leias Summer
    Fanboy98
    bebo_lokk
    Brent Aldrich
    JM121876
    Quarantine
    Goldbubbly
    Queenie Amidala
    Pollo Diablo
    Darth-Stryphe
    Mikel_Antilles
    Truxtun
    Weaves

EDIT - and BabyPadme was there. :)

11. BabyPadme

BabyPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2002
    queenie...i was there too...i was there with pollodiablo. i didnt sign the sheet cause i didnt have an sn then.

12. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    now what's the sn of the dude who told me to drink milk? [face_mischief] 8-}

13. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Queenie Amidala has a good point about waiting until a few weeks after the movie before another meeting. We already know the JC is expecting a rush of newbies, and it is reasonable to assume that some of them will be from this area. We would probably have more success with the group if we had a larger base. The excitement of starting a chapter is good, but a little patience may pay off in the long run.

14. bebo_lokk

bebo_lokk Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 2001
    If anyone has access to make business cards or something that would draw those who may not even know of this forum, it would be a good opportunity to pass it out (in the lines at theatres).
    I did it back when Magic of Myth was in town (for my yahoo group: star wars houston garrison) and had a considerable amount of hits) but they seemed to have been short timers. I have also informed some who used to frequent the board here but left to the inactivety.

15. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    It's already been a little more than a month since we've had our first meeting :_|
    **gets sentimental** :_| And we're already nearly official! I'm so happy for our FF *sniff*

*****Upsy for 'old' times sake*****

16. IB420

IB420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2002
    I'll keep my eyes peeled for more Houston meetings.
    I used to live in Houston (*sob*) but now live in ****in' Lubbock. I'm trying my best to get back to Houston. The FF here is so sluggish I may drive down to H-town just for a FF meeting.

My wife and I were especially sad to see a meeting scheduled at Two Rows, one of our favorite restaurants that we miss terribly.

Anyway, hopefully a meeting will coincide with a trip down there.

If any of ya'll find yourselves in Lubbock for some reason, email ahead and I can steer you clear of the worst rednecks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.