main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 40th Anniversary Panel - Thursday 4/13

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by star_wars_is_good, Feb 22, 2017.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Yea, at this point I'm expecting a long 48-72 hours on those first couple of days if I have to end up lining up for both panels. I can still sleep, I suppose, just not in the comfort of an actual bed. Eh well, at the end of the day, or my life, which will I remember more, toughing it out and being at those panels, or sleeping in the comfort of a bed and not being at those panels?

Padme501st: Good catch on that art. Hopefully they pre-sell pieces of it so there's not a mad dash to get it the day of.

2. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    The only way this thing is going to be EPIC is if George Lucas,John Williams,Harrison Ford,Denis Lawson,Hayden Christensen,Ewan Mcgregor,Natalie Portman and Frank Oz show up.Everyone else does the convention circuit on a regular basis.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I doubt Natalie would show, given her advanced pregnancy.

4. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, that seems pretty safe to say.

5. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    I would be surprise if even 2-3 of those people I named showed.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Quite a few of them live on this side of the pond - if they were going to a Celebration I'd have expected them at London in 2016.

7. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    ok so someone on the Celebration facebook page was in contact with Reed pop and just heard back about the overnight line. He was informed that for this particular panel, the line up will be happening outside and will be moved inside at 5:30am. That's all the info i have so far, will post if I hear more.

Someone else said they called OCCC, they said they are not going to allow overnight line ups. So I guess the same would apply to TLJ panel if it's in the morning.

And of course until the Celebration website actually reports it and not just "someone", it is liable to change

8. Cedric T Sealion

Cedric T Sealion Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 19, 2014
    You know who I would like to attend? Marcia Lucas. Now that would be a surprise.

Xinau likes this.
  9. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    All they can really do about the lines is inform people which point they can't line up past until a certain time. And then inevitably pretty much at right at that point the line will start to form.

10. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    My camping chair came in. I got one of those collapsible deals everyone on Facebook has posted. I can't wait for this thing! I'm a training manager for my company and last week I went to another location for a training session and the guy I was training is a big Star Wars fan. All we did for 2 days was talk about Star Wars. It really got me pumped.

11. Husker88

Husker88 Jedi Padawan

Dec 18, 2015

Thanks for the heads up! I'd like to be there but I'm not sure I'm willing to line up before 5:30 so we'll see if that allows me to sneak in with a crappy seat.

12. Alison Organa

Alison Organa Jedi Knight star 1

May 4, 2016
    Omigosh - right?!?!?!?! I need to see the unaltered versions before I die! I've been a fan since '77 so I hope so!

13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
  14. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    OK so doors open to line up at 8pm. Do you think I'll make it to the main room if I am in line by 11? I have a reservation at a restaurant for dinner at 8.

15. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Hard to say. If the panel is in Chapin, space is pretty limited.

16. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I was just able to change it to Tuesday night instead. It's kind of our "Easter" dinner. So 8pm it is! :D

17. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Well, there will still inevitably be the pre line before the line. My guess is people will have chairs out standing right outside where they need to be starting midday on Wednesday.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I have never camped overnight for anything so this will be a new experience. Should be fun! :D

Valency Jane likes this.
  19. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    This makes me nervous that even showing up at 7:30pm isn't early enough

20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I don't think you'll have a problem. The only way it's an issue is if more people than capacity are there at 8. Go back and read the line reports for the Rogue One panel last year. Now, this will be a lot more popular, but if you're there at 8, you'll be okay

Padme501st likes this.
  21. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006

Then you should go now and setup camp, be one of those early early bird people.

22. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    On Facebook people have been saying that the convention will not be allowing lines outside at all and will be asking people to leave if they do. I bet it's the whole reason for the camp out lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    That makes sense. People would be blocking the entrance.

Padme501st likes this.
  24. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    lol i'm dedicated but not THAT dedicated ;)

25. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I mean, no matter what, there will still be people lining up at whatever closest point there is that they simply are not told that they can't line up, with the intention that that line will just move into whatever space the line will actually be in. Especially as the hours draw nearer to the official start time of the line and more and more people begin crowding the space. There has to be some way to place those people. You can't have a bunch of frantic people pacing around right outside who are just going to rush in when it opens. So whether it's right across the way, a block away, or wherever else they deem, usually people are pretty good about forming their own lines and then moving into the space officially provided. I also do not think that it will be SO many people that literally right at 8 pm all 2-3 thousand people will be there occupying the line. Maybe a few hundred to start. And whatever time the line is capped after it opens is anyone's guess, could be a few hours or all morning. But that's how I see at least the opening of it playing out.

Padme501st likes this.