main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars 41 ABY - Shadow Games

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Borus'eth'Sabosen
    -Space Shuttle

The helmet secured on his head, the Chiss pilot lifted the ship out and through the open hangar doors. Drawing on his knowledge of the satellite, he began to sketch a mental image of what the surface would be like. Obviously, the droid had some of the same knowledge he did, for he continued to imply that it would be a "bumpy ride" on the way down. The satellite had been bombed, rather savagely, and that was sure to have serious effects on the weather of the planet. With planet debris being circulated around the moon and blocking out the sun, it would no doubt be cold and dark. The debris would, indeed, make the trip a dangerous one as any number of things could happen. Small collections of the moon's pieces could pelt the ship or a very large piece could destroy them in a fiery and wondrous explosion.

Yet, Seth did not worry and did not doubt his piloting abilities. They would land one way or another and if one of the others died on the way down, then that would be one less being in the way. He examined the direction the debris was flowing and decided that the best entrance would be to go with the flow. Powering the engines near their limit, Seth rushed down into the atmosphere and flew with the chunks of planet for half a minute, easing upon where a beacon had appeared on the shuttle's radar.

As they progressed under the clouds at an actually very dangerous speed, all things considered, something appeared that Seth had not been entirely prepared for. The surface was blackened and scarred, expected. A chill swept over the shuttle, indicated by the degree sensors and though not all of them were equipped for the temperature, especially the Hapan, it was again expected by the Chiss. But, and he did not need the shuttle's atmospheric pressure sensors to tell him so, to their right a titanic wave of dust crept along the surface like a sentient predator. It was a storm, only one of its kind, that was created following the aftermath of the attack.

Nill had accurately described the storms when he said that they littered the planet, for in the distance Seth could see more storms of the same kind.

Controlled, Seth steered the shuttle left and toward the surface as he noted that they were one klick away from the cave. They could have quite possibly passed over the capital, but he doubted that any of them could really tell. As the beacon and the shuttle became one on the display, Seth set the shuttle down roughly outside the cave.

Glory roared out of the cave like a Cathar at Seth. He was upon his destined hour of greatness. His eyes began to glow, once more, with the fury of a being that knew it was meant for something others could only dream of, but they could never achieve it. He could, however. He was a Chiss with a star in the palm of his hands. Seth only had to, literally and figuratively, close the deal.

His hands shook with anticipation for a second, but he collected himself. The Chiss knew he could not show weakness now, for the lions in this shuttle would pounce upon him and eat him.

Seth looked up and towards the cave that could be seen through the viewport. "I advise we make haste getting to the cave. Unless a quick death is what you came here for."

Tag: Team

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Driggs Norghar
    Landing craft leaving for planets surface

Nodding at 'Nill' he accepted the droids attempt at status equality, a bit foolhardy concidering their groups more cut-throat undercurrent, but admirable non the less for a droid's programer's to have thought to add such a thing.

Leaving the cups of tea if the Jedi or the others who hadn't outright refused in a hopefully non-dangerous location for liquids, he scurried aft to secure himself with two cups of tea. He sat next to the Hapan, a feral creature to be certain, but as some on Onderon had long quoted 'It is better to befriend the beast then to become it's next meal'. A strange way of voicing their relationship to the feral beasts but accurate in its own way.

"Tea?" he asked holding the cup out to the Hapan next to him. "It's not poisoned or harmful to humans, my Aunts recipe. Nice and strong enough to keep one's mind ticking hours after the cup is gone, perfect for late night discussions." raising his cup to his lips he took a long sip which he let rest in his mouth as his tongue rolled around savoring the flavor before swallowing the delightful concoction with a sigh.

TAG: Hapan

3. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Cara Ta´Manis, Shuttle, Entering Shadow Atmosphere

She resisted the urge to prepare. The check her weapons, powering her survival suit, well hidden under the robes. Fastening her seatbelt, as the droid ordered them and concentrated on breathing. Calmness and the precognition that something was about to begin floated her mind. As she felt someone sitting next to her, while the shuttle took of.

It was Driggs Norghar the representive of the Corellia. The system, not the planet obvious, for the smallest member of the team was a Drall. She had fought the Drall in the war. Had probably killed many on the ships she had fought. That had been war. Soldiers on both side. It was strange thing how natural it seemed to all of them to cooperate a few years later. But soldiers did what they had told. As did spies. Or even Jedi.

"Tea?" He asked. Giving her a cup of a warm liquid qith a strange smell. "It's not poisoned or harmful to humans, my Aunts recipe. Nice and strong enough to keep one's mind ticking hours after the cup is gone, perfect for late night discussions." She stared at the cup and realized what a perfect thing it was to break the tension with a cup of tea. This anticipation of danger and possible killing. It wouldn´t hold up against something as civilized as a cup of tea.
    Nevertheless she gave him her most arrogant expression as she looked down on him. Her mimic so extreme even an alien would be able to read it.

"I was raised in the courts of my homeplanet where the finest tea of the galaxy is served but I am afraid I am not used to any liquid substance NOT poisoned!"
    She said so and as the first rumbling came through the ship she broke the facade and gave the Drall a sarcastic smile, revealing she was mocking her own people and their treacherous ways.

"It smells wonderful, thank you." She then replied and took the cup. Actually the scent was a little strange, but she did not intend to meet an offer that brought her ease with anything but perfect appreciation.

Another rumbling crawled through the blast boat. From a distance she could see the storms, but showed little interest. "For you this must be much more personal then for the rest of us. I mean . . . if anything dangerous or valuable is found on Shadow it is a job for us. You will have to life with that. In your home-system." She realized and the realization came out of her mouth immediately. "Is your Aunt still living in system?" She asked.

The tea tasted better than she had thought. Better than she had hoped for. She nodded with a smile to show that. Probably to cool to keep up her facade of an unprofessional, while the ship was shaking.

Tag: Mitth-Fisto

OOC: I am not ignoring bluebeast but wanted to give Mitth and me a chance of conversation before I´ll react to the cave-idea in the next post. GAME ON!

4. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Landing shuttle craft

"I was raised in the courts of my homeplanet where the finest tea of the galaxy is served but I am afraid I am not used to any liquid substance NOT poisoned!" To say her response was different then he had expected would have been true and false, or yes and no at once. At first she seemed to confirm his suspicions but then, she smirked both visibly and on the inside. He grinned slightly at this, maybe the Hapan wasn't as terrible as she portrayed.

"It smells wonderful, thank you." She then replied and took the cup. He watched with interest waiting to see how she would react as he held his own cup half raised and half holding a breath to see how a human would react to actually trying the Tea.

"For you this must be much more personal then for the rest of us. I mean . . . if anything dangerous or valuable is found on Shadow it is a job for us. You will have to life with that. In your home-system." She realized and the realization came out of her mouth immediately. "Is your Aunt still living in system?" She asked.

What a question to ask, why couldn't she ask for world peace? Maybe because it already existed on Drall, yes one world of billions of individuals actually getting along was probably too much to hope for to be duplicated elsewhere in a single galaxy. He took a steadying drought from his cup of tea as he thought of his answer, staring at the exit ramp which from the sounds from the cabin they might soon have to use.

"Yes my mo-y Aunt still lives, on Drall infact." That was a risky slip of the tongue, but no bother hopefully such a verbal slip could be parsed by basic not being his first language. "So yes, it is personal. And I have no doubt that if I could persuade all my extended family to leave for a few months I would, or move the moon to a different system before analysis. Neither can I do, so the next best is to make sure whatever it is doesn't start another war. I don't think I could stand to feel so many deaths." he stared whistfully into his cup as the memories from the war flicked through his mind. So much death, to little compassion or attempts to simply guard. In that war neither side could be blamed as both were equally guilty and equally innocent, except with Jacen tipping the scales. With that the GA or whatever it called itself now, not that he kriffing cared about the galaxy orders now over his home system, committed and outperformed autracities greater then any had seen since Palpatine. Not even the Killik could be condemned as badly as they had done.

He hardly even realized her smile and nod about the tea. "What of you though? What is your stake? A paltry payout, a soldiers role, a Jedi's task, a code of worth or whatnot like our chiss probably, a scientists hope in desperation. Or is it just for Queen and Nation" Maybe there is something more to spark a search for something dangerous...or valuable. Hmmm, not that there is a difference these days, or to the uncivilized rable that rule by blaster and decree." he stopped running a hand over his stout muzzle, his eyes clenched shut, "I appoligize, such dour thoughts. I...I..." he couldn't think how to finish those words as he sat there head in hand as an inexscapable sigh departed his sagging war weary form.

TAG: SirakRomar

5. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Cara Ta´Manis, Shuttle on the way to Shadow

"Yes my mo-y Aunt still lives, on Drall infact." Her training made her realize the small lapse of the Drall immediately. His reaction afterwards, or more of his concentration to show none made her instincts itch. But her inner voice mocked her only, for that response. Sweet Cara, you are such a great spy You found another guy with a secret! Unique! Without showing any reaction to the outside she kept listening.

"So yes, it is personal. And I have no doubt that if I could persuade all my extended family to leave for a few months I would, or move the moon to a different system before analysis. Neither can I do, so the next best is to make sure whatever it is doesn't start another war. I don't think I could stand to feel so many deaths."
    She nodded. Another war was the last thing she was looking for, too. He said he felt so many death. Feeling death. What a strange choice of words.

Taking another sip from her tea a rumbling turbulence hit the shuttle. Civillians would probably have reacted in panic, by now. But as she had expected everybody on the ship stayed calm.

"What of you though? What is your stake? A paltry payout, a soldiers role, a Jedi's task, a code of worth or whatnot like our chiss probably, a scientists hope in desperation. Or is it just for Queen and Nation" Maybe there is something more to spark a search for something dangerous...or valuable. Hmmm, not that there is a difference these days, or to the uncivilized rable that rule by blaster and decree." She looked up in surprise. What an outbreak of opinions. Surely this Dral wasn´t afraid to say what he thought. She felt strange about it. She felt sympathy for that. Not many people around her voiced honest opinions. "I appoligize, such dour thoughts. I...I..." The Drall seemd to be embarassed by his own words. Cara tried to surpress a smile but failed.

"No need to apoligize. I am not blind. I know exactly what you mean." She wanted that to sound humorous, but it came out with more sadness than intended. With her realzing it her hand came down to his shoulder. Clapping him to offer some comfort. "This age won´t ever be called a Golden One in history books. I realized that, too." She couldn´t keep herself from glancing at the Stormtrooper, the Mandalorian. Even the Jedi had failed the galaxy in so many ways. And her Queen Mother? She had made mistakes. While a Queen Mother couldn´t admit it, her actions showed the obvious signs of guilt and regret.

"Concerning your question," she said, now becoming colder again, "I am afraid I will have to dissapoint you. The Queen Mother send me here and despite any political reality I serve the leader and protector of my people. I would go to death, if she ordered me to." She said, her face a firm mask of dedication. Guilt and regret. The words came back to her mind.

If the Drall could read human faces, he probably saw the mask of dedication crumbling, as her shoulders sank a little. "Well, actually that is not entirely true. I volunteered." She sad with a sad smile. For a short moment, almost appearing shy.

"You know, I am not for the first time in the Corellian System. Before I fought in the war here, I was send to an assignment. An easy job from the field of . . . subtle . . . diplomacy. It involved a lot of social interaction. When I was on Corellia a cetain CorSec Officer checked me. And after the first time, he checked me again and again. My ship-papers, my identity, my registration, everything. I became worried and finally . . . let´s say found a way to give some of the pressure back to him. He admitted that he had no special reasons to keep on checking on me. Actually he wanted to ask me if I would like to spend time with him, but didn´t knew how to. He said he was `hiding behind his badge´. I despised him for that and haven´t thought of him in years. But here I am in his homesystem, hiding behind my own badge."[/

6. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    IC: Mal Judder/ Blastboat/ Hangar/ Fell Defender/ Shadow Orbit/ Blockade Line

Having been forced to listen to the chiss and the mandoa was not particularly Mal's idea of a good time. But neither was this whole situation. Maybe being off on his own, preparing to snipe some poor happless soul before he even knew what was coming. Now that was fun, but that hadn't happened in well over a year as his last three missions had all been info gathering. Those were rather boring as well, and nerve racking in the extreme. Breaking and entering... well, Mal was good at it, but who in their right mind would enjoy the stress?

The current situation was about the same on the Imps scale of pleasant. In otherwords, non-existantly. Finally the vong killer droid told Seth to get them on the way. 'Bout fething time. We really need to get done with the talking and get to work. There was little point to them being on the guns given the fact that no one was going shoot at them considering there was a member of every fleet represented. Decidedly frustrating.

Apparently things were going to be less than pleasant on the way down, due to some "storms". Shadow apparently didn't like visitors, or something. And the Chiss just as apparently didn't like safety, as he flew them through the whole mess at a speed that was far from reassuring. This had always been Mal's least favorite part of a mission... insertion. It was the one part that he could simply not influence, and so many things could go wrong. Overall, he'd been screwed over a couple of times and that had thoroughly not helped his opinion of flying.

Growing increasingly bored and anxious the trooper considered violating every protocol the situation might have by firing just for the hell of it. Gritting his teath and muttering, holding tight to the arms of his chair, he tried to just grin and bear the increasing turbulence. Irksomely the tea that had been given to him ended up all over his lap, which resulted in a barely contained spat of swearing. Mal had seldom been happier for a sealed helmet that needed a mic to be heard outside.

Eventually Seth landed them outside the "cave" and Mal was out of his seat like a shot. First out was his responsibility, and Seth and Alec could deal with anything recquiring big guns.

Grabbing his pack Judder waited for the doors to open, and whatever lay beyond. Needless to say his rifle was at the ready. "I'll take point. What I was trained for after all." Then the mic was back off.

TAG: ALL, SINRE

:snoopy

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    GM OOC: From now on, everyone is down on the planet, guys. [face_peace]

8. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Isis Stele
    Blastboat, Hangar, Fell Defender, Shadow Orbit, Blockade Line

Her straps were released the second the ship ceased movement. She was sure the metal clip had left an imprint on her chest. Isis stretched as she moved. She followed Mal Judder from his own seat to the main hatch over the wing. She allowed him to prepare himself, standing slightly off to his right. The Imperial checked his gear and pulled his rifle from its perch.

Isis slowed her breathing and checked the surrounding area of the ships makeshift landing pad. There was nothing within two hundred yards and that satisfied Isis?s maternal instinct over the group. Most sentient beings would need to close in on a hundred yards to effectively kill with anything but a sniper rifle. And, if anything they encountered straight off was carrying a sniper rifle, he would be hidden much farther than that. Far enough away, that Isis wouldn?t be able to sense him at her current position.

Isis was hoping to meet no resistance this early, if at all, but there was no guarantee that nothing had survived the orbital bombardment during the war. She would have to be content with following close behind Mal, to ensure his safety.

Tag: Trimmy and All

9. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Alec Nephrite
    Blastboat, Shadow

Trying to keep an eye out for anything had proven to be something that seemed a bit wasted not only because of the Chiss's nice little bit of flying as it was with how bad Shadow really was. Seated within one of the turrets of the blastboat, Alec had a good view of the surface of the moon and even the Mandalorian had to wince when he saw the surface. Adenn was the best way to describe the Hapan's attack on the moon. Even the Vongese, despite their best attempts at destroying Mandalore with orbital bombardment and their crazy poisons, hadn't been as successful at that job as the Hapans been here.

When Alec had exited his seat at the turret once they had landed, he couldn't help but give Cara a long, hidden glance beneath his helmet. He hadn't thought much of it before about reasoning that the other members of this team had for coming to Shadow. For him it was because of credits and because he had been deemed as best suited for this mission by Mandalore Fett. Course, everyone probably thought he was in it for wealth but they may have trouble wrapping their minds around the truth: the credits meant nothing to him. If he survived, if he got paid, he wasn't even going to touch a single cred; every last one he was going to receive was going to be transferred and used to further help the ongoing recovery efforts for Mandalore.

It would seem funny that a Mandalorian, or at least the galaxy's stereotypical view of Mandalorians, would realize that people were what mattered, your home mattered, and credits were just easy come, easy go. Actually, now that Alec thought about it, he had never once picked up a bounty to pursue since he officially came of age. What wealth he had was the blood, sweat, and hard work that came from the smith.

The Imperial was probably the same; in it for duty rather then some monetary gain. And the Hapan? Alec would've tossed her away as one driven by duty as well but the link between the Hapans and Shadow just seemed too strong to just look past. The Mandalorian actually thought of what he would do if he had some part of what happened to Shadow.

The conclusion came to him as a thought of, I would regret it.

Silly that a Mando would regret a death that he could cause, but there was a difference between killing the occasional hut'uun and chakaar and torching a planet, especially when your planet had similarly gotten torched not too long ago.

Speaking of torched planets...Alec retrieved his shotgun, did a double check to make sure that it was indeed loaded, and walked to the door where Mal and the Jedi were already at. Sentimental thinking later when the killing could be now, eh?

TAG: Sinrebirth, Everyone

10. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Shuttle Landing

"No need to apoligize. I am not blind. I know exactly what you mean. This age won´t ever be called a Golden One in history books. I realized that, too." her words were sad and her glance telling as he thought to himself, just what is it that we are getting ourselves into? Of course no answer answer came so he sat and listened.

"Concerning your question," she said, now becoming colder again, "I am afraid I will have to dissapoint you. The Queen Mother send me here and despite any political reality I serve the leader and protector of my people. I would go to death, if she ordered me to." He started to nod his head and take another sip of trembling tea when she added more that made him stop taking note of her words and her slumping shoulders as the facade formed another crack. "Well, actually that is not entirely true. I volunteered." She sad with a sad smile.
    She was provering herself an enigma, something he routinly enjoyed when time permited, but only time would tell if this one would solve itself in a clear path before time ran out.

"You know, I am not for the first time in the Corellian System. Before I fought in the war here, I was send to an assignment. An easy job from the field of . . . subtle . . . diplomacy. It involved a lot of social interaction. When I was on Corellia a cetain CorSec Officer checked me. And after the first time, he checked me again and again. My ship-papers, my identity, my registration, everything. I became worried and finally . . . let´s say found a way to give some of the pressure back to him. He admitted that he had no special reasons to keep on checking on me. Actually he wanted to ask me if I would like to spend time with him, but didn´t knew how to. He said he was `hiding behind his badge´. I despised him for that and haven´t thought of him in years. But here I am in his homesystem, hiding behind my own badge." He nodded as sagely as he could, to many had hidden behind badges and titles as if it excussed their abuse of the systems they were entrusted with. He frowned sadly at this, in his own home system, although if what she said had more meaning the man might have done better to have checked more thoroughly than as excuse only. If only he could say he wasn't hiding behind a similar badge, perhapes they all were in a way, all except the droid of course.

"I am no Jedi, I am no pacifist. I have killed in my life. I have done questionable things." She whispered. "But I knew the enemy. And nobody I have killed was innocent. Nobody I ever took the life of was harmless. But in the war, here on shadow . . . I have murdered people. I have taken lifes of those not involved. the truth why I am here is, because I owe something to this planet. To the colonists. And I will try my best, my very very best to repair at least a little of the world I have destroyed once." His body locked in place, perhaps in rapt' and shocked attention to her words she whispered in his ear. She was on one of those ships, it was the only explanation that held water, a gunner or commander of one of those ships or higher, but wherever on that chain of command that had given that command he felt his own blood chill.

She turned her face away from the little man. "I am sorry, now. It was not my intention to burden you with my . . . thoughts." She said and her face returned to the cool facade. His felt his jaw try to move as the three others took position at the rear door. He had had family, even if only cousins thirteen times removed that he had used to have long discussions about on every world, every inhabited planetoid in the system. Burden him with her thoughts?! It was more like burdening by her deads and deaths she had caused, his fur fluffed out in his anger,his hate, his bloodlust. He could feel the venom of words and deeds undone to this woman form in his throat and drip like venom from the tip of his tongue and incisors. The waved passed and old training soothed as the second wave she had caused

11. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Isis Stele
    Blastboat, Hangar, Fell Defender, Shadow Orbit, Blockade Line

The Force lit up and it startled Isis. She hadn?t expected such a downpour of emotion from anyone so close. It was definitely a member of the reconnaissance team. Isis followed the burst, in a straight line, back to Driggs Norghar and the opening melded away. He was a rock, again, before she could so much as probe at his mind. For that, Isis was thankful, though. There would have been no hiding her interest, if he caught her in his mind. Isis wrinkled her nose; the only movement on an otherwise motionless form.

She was now positive that the Drall was hiding something. Isis watched him walk, shaken, to a position near the door, as far away from her as possible, without causing a scene. Isis felt a great amount of pity for the creature. The intensity of his pain, anger and confusion was staggering and impossible to ignore. Isis felt herself reach out, on instinct, to Driggs. She lay her warm palm on his furry shoulder and breathed out.

Tag: Mitth, All

12. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Cara Ta´Manis, On Shadow

She sat still, for a long, seemingly endless moment. Confessions were nothing she was used to, nevertheless she knew every word she had said had been heavying her heart since she had returned to the system. The Drall´s response was unreadable. That´s what she preferred to think of it.

Or don´t you want to read it? Is it shame that clouds your judgment?

She realized immediately what a mistake her Queen Mother had made with sending her. She probably wasn´t up for the task given to her. Emotions corrupted her sense of duty. No hour into the mission and she had amde at least one mistake already.
    Sighing she took out her rifle out of the bag. A sleak, elegant build weapon, but an effective one. Activating her suit beneath her robes and feeling the warmth of it she stood up. The last to get to the ramp she waited behind the rest of them for the hatch to open.

Probably you die here, Cara. So what? You faced death before. And perhaps that is what you owe Shadow and all those souls you damned on it. Your life.

She snapped back into the calm, dedicated mode her training had bestowed on her. Surpression of feelings. What a lesson to be learnt. Function. Do not think when you need to react. Do not question when you need to act. Do not feel. Do not feel anything.

It didn´t really work. Avoiding the eyes of the Drall she activated the weapon and waited for the others to leave first.

"Nill, whatever it is that can kill a planet full of colonists, it could very well be airborne. I would advice to check the air, when we get into contact." She said with a flat voice.

And waited.

Hello, Shadow. I am back again.

Tag: Sinrebirth, anyone

13. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Borus'eth'Sabosen
    -Shadow

The Chiss turned around in the pilot's seat to look at his comrades all gathered around the backdoor as if they could not open it by themselves. Maybe they had not understood the meaning of "haste" or they could have been mentally preparing themselves for what awaited them. Seth was sure that there were only two ways this could go, either he would be extremely surprised or entirely let down by the rumored weapon that the satellite held. Seth eyed the cave one last time beyond the viewport before standing up and grabbing his helmet. A belief in his stomach rose to his head that made him think that it was going to be necessary in the near future, either as a com or as a weapon.

The helmet received feeds from the shuttle, so bringing it with him allowed him to mind the outside of the cave in one form or another. It was not extremely reliable, but it would give him vague reminders as to what was happening and if anything that needed his attention came up, he could respond accordingly. Nill had some secret talents that Seth was sure were giving the droid some communications feed and, hence, superiority over the sentient beings. The droid was not human, despite the modifications to make it seem so, and that meant that Seth could not read or predict Nill's emotions or responses, making the Captain angry.

"Hate to interrupt this moment, but maybe we should move off the ship before we are engulfed by one of those storms."

The party's members looked humorous standing around the exit like caged monsters, but in a sense this was symbolic to all of their true natures and intents on Shadow. He took note of them all having their weapons drawn and adjusted his holsters accordingly, for quick releases should the situation call for it. Seth pulled his shirt's collar over his mouth to block out the polluted atmosphere and proceeded through the group to the door and pressed the release panel.

The wind blasted into the shuttle with force that could not have been predicted. The clothes on Seth's body came close to dragging him out of the shuttle, but he latched on to one of the handlebars near the door and proceeded down the walkway, showing the strength and determination of a being that refused to be moved. Nephrite and Judder had their armor which would protect them against the winds, but he doubted that the others would fair as well.

The Chiss ducked low and hurried to the entrance of the cave.
    Tag: Team Members

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Nill
    Cave entrance, Shadow

Nill did as directed by Cara, scanning the air. It hadn't occured to Nill to scan the air. An oversight, most likely caused by the growth of his emotional response to things following the Yuuzhan Vong War. Nill considered erasing the program, and decided against it while he made the scan. "Clear."

The droid watched as Seth made headway, the droid stepping beside Driggs to screen him. Isis was beside him, placing a hand on his shoulder, and the droid filed that away in his newly created 'teamwork' file.

ASSOCIATES, DRIGGS AND ISIS. PAIR UP IF SITUATION ARISES. SAME OPINION OF DRIGGS AND CARA.

He paused, and then added another line of text.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES PAIR ALEC WITH MAL.

With that, he closed the file and 'unholstered' his weapons, releasing them from their locks and unleashing a sound of whirring, before continuing forward. "Mal, take point, as requested. Alec, hold the rear. Force users, cast out your senses and anticipate threats. Seth, support Mal." The little team continued stepping forward into the battered landscape, lightning rolling across the sky and thunderclaps echoing. Nill lowered his auditory output, so as to not damage his speakers - the thunder was loud.

Nill's sensors picked up the bodies shortly, and detected that they would be decimated. He spoke, reporting as much. "Bodies ahead. Sensors indicate that they have been consumed by an unknown predator. Threat level low in immediate vicinity." Nill pushed forward his sensors, but was stopped by what appeared to be the cave wall, which appeared to be lined with some kind of sensor-reducing rock.

The battle droid looked to Isis. "Report. Sensors limited."

Isis barely had time to register the so very quiet ripple in the Force before a boiling mass of black-blue insects burst from the depths of the cave. Nill turned his head, acknowledging the size of the creatures as variable, from the size of a human thumb to hulking humanoids. Poison barbs were evident, as were mandibles.

"Killiks."

TAG: Team

15. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    IC: Mal Judder/ Blastboat/ Outside the Cave/ Shadow

Apparently the others were feeling a bit more protective over him than expected, Isis in particular for whatever reason. She chose to back him up, which depending on the circumstances would matter one damn wit. There was something of a rule that the first one out was usually the first one dead. Mal was used to that stress, and odds were the only other person present who MIGHT have any experience with this kind of situation was the Mando'a.

Judder didn't mind the backup though. Not in the least.

What got on Mal's nerves was the fact that the Chiss decided to jump the gun, and was the first out. Apparently he didn't know about the rule. Seth dieing would have complicated a few things most likely, but Judder certainly wouldn't have minded someone as pompous as him being out of the equation. Moving to get ahead of the vaguely moronic Chiss, Mal looked around and immediately had to lower his audio sensors. Busted ear drums were NOT his idea of a good time.

Then the droid came up and changed the layout of things. The Imp was still to take point, but now he was being backed up by the mister Pompous. Mal said something not very nice inside his helmet, unheard by everyone else. Alec might have guessed by the slight head movement. Last person on the team I want to do anything with. He's impatient. This will not end well. Damn. Wish it had been Alec or Isis. Irksomely Alec had been assigned the rear guard. Trying not to think of the most likely outcome, Mal tried to ignore the thunder.

Nill reported that the bodies had apparently been rather mauled, which was unsurprising as there were probably still some local carnivores about. When they arrived at the cave, seeing what was left of them would have made some lesser beings puke. Having been around dead bodies on many an account, Judder was completely unaffected. One dead body was much like another, unless there was something unique about the way said body was forced into lifelessness. There was nothing about these that bothered him.

Movement grabbed Mal's attention. Fierfek. It was something that after the Swarm War everyone who had gotten word of the reports feared. "Back! Everyone back! Find cover!" Completely ignoring his rifle, Mal pulled out a concussion grenade, primed it and let fly. This was probably the best way to deal with them, turn their internal organs to jelly. The only thing was, the Imp couldn't tell exactly how many of them there were.

Mal just managed to get behind a rock outcropping before the grenade went off.

TAG: PARTY

16. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Cara Ta´Manis, The Cave, Shadow

"Killiks." Was the only thing Nill said. And she saw them crawling out of the dark. She felt the long moment approach. Something everybody who served with a weapon in these cruel times knew. The moment when things seemed to slow down just before everything became too fast.

Killiks. Her mind tried to figure it out, while her hands activated her blaster rifle. What the hell are the Bugs doing here? She knew everything about them. Or so she thought until now. In the DarkNest Crisis, as the galaxy had chosen to call it, some of these bugs had tried to assassinate the Queen Mother. The threat-profile had become standard lecture of Hapes Intelligence after that. But what were they doing in on Shadow?

The thoughts vanished slowly from her head, while her gun raised. Everything in unnerving slow motion. The adrenaline kicked into her system.

Centerpoint. Haven´t they claimed to have build it?

The thought was almost lost, as the Stormtrooper threw his grenade. The warriors would do there job now. She was no stranger to violence, but this was their field of expertise.

"Back! Everyone back! Find cover!" The shouting came through the storm as she already ducked behind the largest rock nearby. Leaving enough room for others to take cover with her, she pressed her sleek rifle to her body and covered her ears. She waited for the explosion. As an assassin she was nobody familiar with mass-killing. At least not outside the bridge of your ship, right?

But she was an excellent sharpshooter. Should any of the bugs survive the blast she would be ready. She would pick out those Killiks that breached the line. Leaving the slaughter to those who enjoyed it.

How many Killiks were there? Probably to many. She would kill and see.

Tag: Sinrebirth and everybody

17. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Shadow, Outside the Cave

Despite it being a droid that was instructing him on what to do, Alec just shrugged his armored shoulders and just did what he was told, lagging behind a few steps from the rest of the group so that he could cover the rear. The stock of his shotgun was fully extended, ready to press against the Mando's shoulder and offer steadier aim if it was needed. At the moment, as he looked through his visor, it didn't seem like it. The planet had obviously seen better days, and as he looked at the storms Alec had to wonder if there could be anything left alive on the planet nonetheless something that could actually prove to be a danger to the group. A loud boom of thunder only added to the thought.

That was until the droid chimed in.

"Bodies ahead. Sensors indicate that they have been consumed by an unknown predator. Threat level low in immediate vicinity."

Eh? Alec looked forward, trying to see if he could spot the bodies that Nill reported from his position at the rear. Meanwhile the Mando's mind started working, taking in this new information and almost immediately he chucked away Nill's assessment of the threat level being "low". With there indeed being something still alive around here, something that had just been munching on some bodies - perhaps the missing colonists? - the guesses on where such a predator would be came to him. If a predator was out here munching, there had to be a home for it as well.

The Mandalorian's other hand came to rest at the forearm of his shotgun before he pumped a shell into the chamber as he came more alert. From his visual scans that he just took of the surrounding area, they had themselves a big 'ol wasteland with storms surrounding them. Now his initial assessments, if he had to figure what would be a good home for a predator, the exact same cave that they were approaching may seem like good shelter. There were, of course, other factors that could change Alec's choice of answer such as how fresh, exactly, the bodies were as well as the wounds inflicted upon the corpses but that was when Nill decided to inform them of something else up ahead.

"Killiks."

Oh good, Alec thought sarcastically, bugs. He had never seen one before but the term bugs pretty much described what they were if he had to go on the stories that his father and other Mandos spoke about - jokes too, like the one about how some Jedi had been kissing up to 'em - as well as the live specimens that were now in front of the group.

"Back! Everyone back! Find cover!"

Being in the rear of the group while Mal tossed a grenade, Alec didn't really duck behind cover as he did just take a step back. Whatever grenade the Imperial threw, the Mando was far enough away from the blast radius that any grenade possessed. Instead, Alec raised his shotgun to his shoulder, the stock tight against the armored plate, as he took aim. The current magazine that was loaded into his shotgun possessed beskar-made slugs. Being so tough and so light, the slugs were perfect to give the shotgun rifle-like range to do damage. While waiting for the grenade to detonate, Alec actually wondered if the slugs would be enough to pierce the carapace of one Killik, come out the other side, and punch through the body of another. They managed to do so on Nickel One against the armor of the stormtroopers that he had to fight off.

While thinking of it, Alec made sure to keep an eye on their backs with the help of his helmet; just because the killing was finally starting didn't mean that he should get sloppy on his assigned part of the team.

TAG: Everyone

18. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Shadow, Outside of Blastboat

He didn't look up at the Jedi as the door opened, he knew most humans would have probably found her provocative with her form fitting atire but to a man from a race that had only used belts and necklaces? Not so much.

But her touch still raised his spirits, he might have lost many things in life but at least his works and other aspects of his life still lived on even if the form of that life had changed. "Thank you my dear Lady Jedi. I needed that."

Straightening slightly with his belly sticking out he followed as they exited, the droid...Nill, yes Nill. Now that was going to take some getting used to, well it was saying something about bodies and asking the Jedi something. Another thing he would have to get used to, he wasn't the one being sot after for thoughts and impressians, at least not yet.

Then it happened with a single word from the droid: Killiks. He spoke matter a factly to that revelation, "Oh, it looks like I need to update a few papers when I get back."

Then the world was full of motion as the lead threw a grenade and yelled for them to take cover. He merely started rumaging through his pockets walking in an absent minded way towards the nearest cover, "Anybody have a translator for Killik? Perhaps we can communicate for safe passage threw their hive mind?"

TAG: Group

19. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Borus'eth'Sabosen
    -Shadow

If he had not heard the droid announcing positions to everyone and turned around to hear better, then Seth would have ran headfirst into the group of Killiks. So to that he owed the droid. What he did not owe was the anonymity that was coming from Judder's throwing of the grenade. The wind was strong and his accuracy could be off and if his life depended on whether or not to trust in the abilities of an unknown Imperial Stormtrooper, he would not take that gamble.

He scurried away from the brood and saw the grenade fly over his head. Leaping of the rock that Judder was behind, Seth slammed his back against the rock for cover and drew one of his blasters. It was a prolonged surprise at the appearance of the killiks. As most of the party would know, the Chiss had history with the Killiks and needless to say it was not all very pleasant. Seth began to feel a eery sense of neglect coming from the planet. As if it was saying to him, "You're not welcome, Chiss."

The explanation of why the Killiks were here escaped Seth despite his numerous attempts to hastily run through the posibilities. A satellite in known space, close to the rim in fact, contained a species that, until very recently, was unknown to the galaxy at large, besides the Chiss themselves. To find them on this moon meant numerous things. Unless they were just mindless wanderers or offshoots of the species, which he highly doubted, then it meant that there was now another political party involved: The Killiks themselves.

The weapon that was speculated to be in Shadow was now within the Killiks grasp or, and this was wishful thinking, the Killiks themselves were still looking for or how to operate the weapon. If they found it, the Ascendancy would be in danger. So with the appearance of the insects, this mission had grown exponentially in proportion of importance.

Seth turned his head toward Judder and scowled. The infidel had thrown it while Seth had still been in the vicinity. "I hope that because of the wind, your aim is not off, Judder. But what more can I expect coming from a lowly stormtrooper."

Turning his blaster towards the killiks, Seth waited to see if they would survive the explosion because if they did not, he would play the role of Sir Bringer of Death.
    Tag: Team Member Judder

20. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Isis Stele
    Cave entrance, Shadow

Isis pulled her lightsaber from its holster on her belt. She didn?t ignite it, yet, however. Her eyes were forward, but she could feel, in the Force, the ripple of motion, and the heat of a live concussion grenade. She took a careful step out of its blast radius, but otherwise, stood stock-still. She listened to the movement of the crew, through the ripples in the Force and kept her eyes on her targets.

Isis was partially aware of the arc of the grenade, as well. She tracked its motion into the throng of insects. The great release of the grenade?s stored energy, sent the Killiks hurtling in all directions. Isis, so tuned into their movements, felt every single death. She forced herself to endure, though it left her breathless.

Isis stamped the ground with her right foot and brought her left hand up. Her first thought, was to collapse the tunnel entrance, but it was currently instrumental to the others survival, and possibly, her own. When she ruled that action out, Isis lowered her hand, but kicked her right foot out. The Force rippled with the motion, and the air between her and the Killiks contracted and then expanded, hopefully knocking any of the remaining living off their feet.

Tag: Sinre

21. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    IC: Mal Judder/ Outside the Cave/ Shadow

Mal found the bloody chiss jumping behind the same cover that he had appropriated, and nearly slotted him on the spot. Thankfully his recognition abilities were still reasonably sharp, and his hand only jerked slightly. Pompous idiot! Being distracted in combat, even for one second, could result in something very bad.

Thankfully it was still before the grenade had gone off. Looking back it was still in the air actually, so that pointed towards time having slowed down drastically. That initial battle rush that he'd grown used to a long time ago.

A sound drew his attention back to the moron, and Mal realized he was talking. Insulting rather, which brought the urge to kill back to the forefront very strongly. Friend, not foe. You never kill a teammate until they prove they aren't. But this wasn't precisely the most typical team in the world Judder had ever been on. Actually, it was about the least. That didn't change the fact of team though, and the varied abilities and skills that each brought to said group. The death of one diminished the whole. Mal understood that. He agreed with it. It did not change or even temper his desire to commit cold blooded murder.

Deciding to completely ignore the chiss, Mal waited for the boom. If that droid puts the two of us together as a pair, that will not be a long partnership.

TAG: SINRE, GROUP

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Nill
    Cave, Shadow, Corellian system, Core

"Back! Everyone back! Find cover!" came Cara, her voice snapping above the chittering of the blue-black swarm.

Mal tossed the grenade in, and everyone dove for cover, apart from Isis. Alec stepped back, but he was armoured, so didn't enter his calculations of risk - which included Seth doing something vengeful. Nill made a move to protect her, but she began moving in ways that the droid registered as Jedi-specific, and the droid stepped back, his processing speed making it appear, for a moment, that the droid was clumsy. In that silent moment, Nill communicated with Driggs.

"Translation: EAT, EAT, EAT, EAT, EAT. Killiks speaking the same dialect as those Killiks in the Unknown Regions, five years prior. Translation suggests a 98% likelihood this is a carnivorous hive and -"

The grenade then exploded, the concussion shattering dozens of Killiks in a mass of chitin and what could only be defined as 'goo', though the droid was quite aware of what it was.

The subsequent wave of the Force hit the creatures and knocked dozens of them off their feet, but more spilled out of the cave, a stready stream. Raising his blaster arms, he let loose with both of his cannons, incinerating half a dozen in a photoreceptor-blink. "Overlapping fields of fire."

Nill prepared a missile launch to close the cave, estimating that the destruction of this cave would reduce their missions overall success by 49% as they searched for another entry point to the depths, which Nill had projected had a 24% chance of leading to more technology, and a 98% chance of leading to, unfortunately, more Killiks.

However, he estimated a 54% chance that a member of the squad was about to die, and that was unacceptable. So, he readied the missile, preparing it to launch. A rumble in the ground interrupted him, and Nill followed his auditory sensors behind him, craning his neck to study the blastboat, keeping a photoreceptor on the enemy swarm.

Five protusions, as thick as Driggs torso - he was the most rotund of the group, in Nill's file - had emerged from the ground and were currently wrapping themselves around the blastboat, pulling at it. Nill opened a channel to Alec, over the blasterfire, and then modulated his voice for the Jedi's benefit.

"Alec, remove the impediments around the blastboat. Isis, your lightsaber may be required."

At that statement, another fourteen... tentacles... emerged from the ground and began wrapping around the starship, starting to tug at its structure and wrenching off a cannon with some violence.

TAG: All
    OOC: Now things get interesting. ;)

23. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Cara Ta´Manis, Entrance of the Cave, Shadow

From her cover she had a perfect view of the tentacles appearing from nowhere, only to grab their ship, while the Killiks kept coming out of this cave.

Think, Cara, think.

Raising she gave the Kiliks a few aimed shots. Shooting at their heads.

In a moment like that, it was the soldier who didn´t understand who died first. And in this case they could all die. Here. So understand, soldier, understand what is happening!

The droid. Nill. Their leader, if you could call a computer of legs that, threw out some useless analysis, while she looked back and forth from one point of attack to another.

Timing, positioning, tactical advantage.

The attack on the ship had begun, after they were under immediate attack themselves. When they had all left the ship which had the firepower to get rid of these tentacles easily, if manned. The Killiks had blocked their only way into safety. This was planned. There was intelligence behind it.

"Ambush!" She shouted her thoughts out. "This is an organized ambush!" He voice was probably lost in the wind.

"Alec, remove the impediments around the blastboat. Isis, your lightsaber may be required." Was the only thing Nill replied. She shook her head in disbelieve. Deviding the enemy was the usual goal of a two-sided attack. Desperatly she looked back to the cave.

"Frakin´droid!" She screamed. "Who has fried your tactical circiuts? You are falling for their trap! If we split, WE DIE!" She shouted at him. And saw another dozen tentacles or so appear. But she knew it was hopeless. After their start, the others wouldn´t listen to hear. They were all outsiders. Among other outsiders. Didn´t made them a functioning team. And with a droid in command they were programmed. While intution was the one thing that could keep you alive against an unknown enemy. But the cave was their only way to safety. And the Killiks . . . needed to be forced to let them in.

"Anybody got a flamethrower, plasmagrenades? Kiliks are creatures of instinct, aren´t they? And all creatures of instinct HATE TO BURN!"
    She spilled out. While giving the Killiks leaving the cave another few shots. Hoping it wasn´t to late, already. "We can find another ship, later!" She added. This was a former colony with no colonists anymore. There had to be hundreds of ships.

And who said they would leave anyhow. They had just found the threat, they had been send for. And this was never one of these missions where leaving alive was an important objective or even likely.

Now we will see how this plays out. Fight together or die alone.

And with that thought she took aim and kept firing.

Tag: Sinre and the rest of the Expandables

24. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Shadow, Entrance to the Cave

That was a lot of bugs Alec took note of, seeing that as, despite Mal's grenade taking out a good number of them, there were still plenty more to replace them. Ah well, so much for an easy start, eh? Time to do what he was best at. He glanced down at his own armor, his violet eyes gazing down at the flamethrower attached to his wrist with a playful gleam. But then-

What in the manda? Alec suddenly thought, whirling around at their blastboat when the Mandalorian noticed something.

"Alec, remove the impediments around the blastboat."

Impediments? Those things were trying to tear apart the blastboat! Alec immediately thought of the other shells he had hanging from his waist, loaded into other magazines. Those might take care of those tentacle things but he didn't know if he would have the ammo and besides there were the Killiks-

"Who has fried your tactical circuits? You are falling for their trap! If we split, WE DIE!"

The Hapan seemed to have the better suggestion that Alec agreed with. The Killiks were hoping to swarm them, and cutting the number of defenders that were keeping said bugs from swarming did seem to be bad. Especially when one of those members had the better tools to take care of the bugs.

"Sorry Nill," Alec replied to the droid, "but I think I'd be more suited up front." That was where Mandalorians belonged afterall, and a grin appeared on the face of said warrior beneath his helmet while he shouldered his shotgun and prepped his flamethrower. He also opened a comm channel with the rest of the team. "I'm going in! Try not to shoot me and just shoot the bugs that I miss!"

And his jetpack ignited, sending the Mandalorian forward, past the other members of the team, and he landed right in the path of the swarm. Alec raised his right arm, bringing the ZX flame projector up, and flames suddenly erupted from the weapon, sending a stream of flames five meters long towards the oncoming swarm. The Mandalorian held the stream for only a couple seconds, then whipped his arm at a different direction and fired off another stream at another part of the swarm before repeating the process.

The mind of the killer Alec was taking over and that mind digested information. Usually the flamethrower could only operate for three minutes before it would run out of fuel after being fired in a constant stream, but with the extra canister that Alec had installed that gave him two additional minutes and his fire being spread out in intervals, he had more then five minutes of operation. The Mandalorian figured that would be enough, as after five minutes they would've either done something about this swarm or they were all dead.

Alec's free left hand unholstered his shatter gun, the weapon there to keep back any Killiks that might get too close for comfort. These things could jump if he remembered correctly so he was going to have to watch out for those. Hopefully, the other members of the team would keep him covered, taking out Killiks that his flamethrower hadn't burned to a crisp. Sure, the Mandalorian considered the fact that one of the members may purposely shoot him in the back but he didn't think they would pull something like that when he was currently trying to hold back a swarm of carnivorous bugs with flames.

He hadn't forgotten about the tentacles that were popping out of the ground and Alec's mind made a note of them too. He couldn't be sure that those things would only attack starships.

TAG: Sinrebirth, Everyone Else

25. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: Just wanted to point out that Cara didn't precisely tell everyone to get down, Sinre. That was Mal.:p

IC: Mal Judder/ Outside the Cave/ Shadow

Grenades are unpredictable things, and with the wind Vance simply couldn't be one hundred percent sure where it was going to come down. Wind shifts, which were irksomely common, could have very easily pushed the grenade back into his face. THAT would have been fun. For some reason Mal had a feeling that the Jedi had manipulated explosive projectile into place, which certainly didn't bother him in the least. Either that or his aim was just that good. Mal's reasoning for this was that the Grenade accomplished it's exact purpose, decimating the front rows of Killicks and buying the team some much needed time to think, even if only for a few precious seconds. In battle, seconds were all one could really hope for.

Rather stupidly, Mal had been looking over the cover as the grenade went off, but not knowing if it had any of the desired effect was, to put it mildly, strictly inadvisable. Judder had never really liked insectoid species, for some reason they just gave him the willies. It wasn't like he was a xenophobe, like Imperial's were still portrayed as, nor was he into the human's are superior bit. There had been too many times that he, personally, had seen other beings do things that a human simply could not have done. Watching the resulting explosion only reinforced his dislike of bugs. Seriously reinforced. Seeing semi-sentient beings explode into bits of chitin and goop was disgusting, even for one as battle hardened as himself. It was honestly hard not to throw up a little at the sight.

What prevented embarrassing himself in that fashion was the loads of OTHER bugs that were still spewing forth from the mouth of the cave. Well, that and the Null's translation of what the damned buggies were saying. I'll be frakked if I'm going to become a steak for some thrice damned insect. Taking aim, after the Jedi's Force wave had knocked even more of the buggers down, Mal started pulling the trigger. His opinion was one shot, one kill and make every shot could as much as possible. Some of his kills managed to cause other killicks to stumble, which also had the side benefit of buying them more time. Regardless, this situation just seemed to be a losing proposition and he was honestly expecting the Chiss to do something incredibly stupid or arrogant. So THAT took away some of his attention from where it was most needed, and proceeded to make him decidedly grumpy.

And then came the rumbling. Or shaking. Or whatever other term for the ground suddenly moving in a way that was most ungroundlike. What in the fething hells is tha- Turning around, his mind froze for a second. Giant tentacles sprouting from the ground and wrapping around one's only known way off of this rock, or even out of this situation, could have that effect on someone.

Apparently the Droids tactical analysis module had been corrupted, as it wanted Alec, the single best equipped to deal with the old nuisance, to go and hack off the rather gigantic tentacles from around the ship. Cara said something into the team's com channel, and what she said made VASTLY more sense. Which was irritating because Mal simply didn't like her either. Not terribly surprising, as there wasn't really ANYONE he liked on this little jaunt of theirs.

As Alec told the droid where to stick it, more tentacles erupted from the ground and suddenly the safest place was getting out of the open and into that cave. Besides, the blastboat had become a lost cause. There as no way it would be spaceworthy after the stressed placed on that hull. He could actually here the creaking of the hull even with the wind. The loss of the cannon was even more easily discerned.

Giving the ship up for lost, along with any hope of survival, Mal considered a rush. Alec beat him too it, and started flaming the buglings with one of those numerous mando'a weapons. Wish procurement was a bit mor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.