1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars 41 ABY - Shadow Games

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. SirakRomar Force Ghost

star 4
    ooc: Next time guys, give me some time to react, please. I actually needed to PM the GM about options, you know ;) Partial control of Judder is good with Trimaj. Combined post of sorts, you could say.

Cara Ta´Manis
    Cave soon to be a Slaughterhouse

She saw the gun of the Chiss drawn and smiled at it.

Amateur.

She knew exactly what the guy thought. He played mind-games. Which is a bad thing, if you have none that is working well. He tested people and thought he would use the Hapes diplomat to do so. Then he watched reactions and stepped down.

In this short order of events he had made four mistakes. One: She was no diplomat. She was a murderer. Not realizing that mad the Chiss the looser of his own game. Murder of Chiss, too. Among others. Two: He threatened a person who would probably die from poison anyway. She had little to loose. Three: He did not kill her. Four: He turned his back on her.

Two mistakes made you a burden. Three made you useless. Four made you an amateur.

Amateur.
    She smiled again.

She had little tolerance for amateurs threatening her. A highly trained amateur, perhaps, but an amateur. She looked at the hand offered by the Stormtrooper and nodded. A friendly nod. Looking into his eyes she made her hold-out snap out of the arm-sleeve while her hand extended to the Chiss back, now turned towards her. And she pushed the trigger. Still smiling at the Stormtrooper. It was nothing she doubted.

Judder had just reacted fast enough to make her miss the blue skin. Judder, she realized she had used his name for the first time in her mind. More interesting to her than the survival of the Chiss. Haven´t called him Stormtrooper, this time. Called him Judder. Perhaps the poison made her slow. Or the Imperial was that fast.

"Such a pitty, I just thought I´d kill my eleventh blue today." She said completely calm. Her pulse hadn´t raised a bit. And she would have liked to believe about herself that was the poison, too.

"Thank you, anyway. For taking care of my wound." She smiled at Judder and stood up. Then she looked at the Chiss. Still there was no pain whatsoever in her body. But as it hadn´t grown weaker, she would probably life. She wondered if she would be the one to kill him. Somebody soon would.

Tag: all of you, Sinrebirth
  2. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    OOC: sowwy sirak... nicely done though. VERY nicely done.

IC: Mal Judder/ Depths/ Shadow

As a Hapan deceit was born and bred into one, it was like milk and bread. One of the very basics of society, and Cara was no exception. She was smiling up at Mal, but it was a frozen smile. Something was niggling him again, but he was still trying to get over the encounter with the bloody chiss.

He saw the slight movment, and as soon as the black started coming forward from her wrist the body just reacted. Grabbing her wrist just before the shot went off, it went wide. You don't kill team members! Flew through his mind, regardless of what he actually wanted to happen.

When it was done, Mal blinked vaguely unsure of himself. I just saved Seth. Equilibrium now more off balance than before, the trooper just stood there unsure of what to do. Absently he let Cara's wrist go, and she thanked him for cleaning her wound. Merely nodding, Mal stood there. And stood there. And stood there. Finally it clicked. I want to kill him. No one else is allowed.

Helmet going back on his head, the Imperial became the faceless trooper again. Heartless, cruel and willing to do whatever to complete his mission.

TAG: CREW

:snoopy
  3. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Driggs Norghar
    Shadow Tunnel Ceiling

Yes, well the resulting action that happened wasn't exactly totally unexpected, he had just expected it much later. And had typed such in his logs. Since his cover was blown he would have to act or at seem to for the Jedi's sake, perhapes his own as well not that he wanted to give that much thought.

Dropping down from the stallagmite or stallagtite, depending on the view of their current predicament, he figured blaster would be the best option considering he wasn't the target. With palm raised he called his pistol from the floor/ceiling to his hand, but by the time it connected with his palm and he lowered it the Chiss was doing likewise and moving to his corner. Holstering his blaster, and clipping it in place for good measure, he went over toward Cara. Partially to check up and check in, but largely just to check out of the zeno-red lantern-cycopaths corner. If one thing could be said of the man, he's a headcase of Jedi migrain proportions. he silently summed up the situation on his datapad as he headed over.

"This probably could be reversed by destroying the wires, but if we do that we will most likely have to keep doing that for the rest of the trip and end up out of amo or weapons before we encounter more Killiks. I would recommend we continue as is for now until we absolutely need to go the other way. Although this probably is a good way to keep intruders guessing, remote control of gravity with a magnitized floor to hinder machines and communications usage. No Gank or Yaka could even survive it, thats for sure, and if the doors are on the ceiling we could regret doing so later." he spoke to the Imperial helmet with glances toward the droid above/below for good measure so that all were in the loop.

He looked uneasily at Cara, itching his sore slinged arm as he spoke, "If you want I could see if I might be able to lesson the effects of the poison on your system, maybe boost your kidneys and liver at purifying the blood stream." It felt like he was offering a piece of his soul to a carjacker, or more likely in her case a murderer, but he had to offer for what good it did or might do. For all of Corel and the entire Corellian Sector of space he had to. At least that's what he kept telling himself as he said those words and awaited her answer.

TAG: Sirak, Trim, Team
  4. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Alec Nephrite
    Shadow, Depths

"I have to remove your armour, Alec."

"Back off droid," Alec growled lowly in his throat, the battle still raging between him and the forces that were trying to keep him in place. Seeing that Nill seemed to be able to move - maybe not easily but moving nonetheless - only fueled Alec's struggles.

The Mandalorian was blocking out what was going on above, what with the stand off between a few certain team members. Instead, he focused on his own little battle between gravity and magnetism. Keeping a tight grip on his shotgun still, refusing to let it leave his fingers, Alec slowly rolled onto his hands and knees before he pushed. Beneath his impenetrable armor, Alec's old yet still tough, highly developed muscles strained. The Mandalorian's teeth were gritted, a low growl pushing between them as he struggled to move.

If a shabla droid can handle this, why not him?

"Seth, we shall not kill our members. This is a direct order. Everybody stand down."

Alec only had a small portion of his attention to whatever else may be going on and though the Mandalorian didn't care - or wasn't paying enough attention - about what was going on with anyone else, the sound of trouble apparently going on while he was down only further drove him. He pushed and he managed to get one foot beneath him, then the other, and then it was all his knees that had to lift him back up in a standing position.

"Eh, see?" Alec questioned, his lips forming a grin beneath his helmet. The Mandalorian stood up on his own two feet now despite how his armor seemed to want to slam him right back down. His shotgun was still in hand too, though it wasn't held up. The barrel was pointed straight down, seeming to want to try and touch the floor, but was kept a foot above it nonetheless by the hand that Alec still had on the pistol grip.

TAG: Sinrebirth, Everyone Else
  5. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

star 5
    Borus'eth'Sabosen
    -Shadow

The bolt aimed at his back missed, flying off into one of the walls, the whole pouring smoke out of it. It was not the Imperial, no, it was the Hapan. His analysis of their culture earlier had been dead on. They were full of backstabbers and Ta'Manis had just proved that she was no different, quite literally actually. Seth stopped, but only for a second before continuing back to his corner.

She was angry, very, at the fact that she had been at the mercy of him. All Seth had to do was pull the trigger; she would have been dead and, based off of what she had seen of him, he would not hesitate to sacrifice himself to kill someone else. The Chiss smiled as he now realized what she was: A savage predator in diplomatic clothing far out of her league.

He had also pulled more out of the confrontation from Judder than he had primarily expected to. The trooper had shown him that he was starting to grow attachments, but only for that moment. The attachment was more of his hatred for the Chiss, but nevertheless, it had been there and he would expose himself again and when he did, Seth would obliterate him. However, a newfound respect for the Imperial was present in Captain Sabosen. He had fully expected that Judder would attempt to kill him, but to stop someone else from doing so, that showed honor or selfishness. Judder wanted Seth face to face, one on one and he would get that soon.

Nonchalantly, as if the whole occurence had never happened, Seth looked up at Nephrite struggling to get his bearings about himself. As if watching a great god picking a world up unto his shoulders, Nephrite beared the weight and stood. He was a proud Mandalorian and he should be, for, unlike the others, he had not done something to utterly embarress himself or the people he represented.

"Nephrite, unless there is another shift in gravity, and we should expect one, you may have to travel with Nill for a time. Would you like something to drink?" Pulling a metal clip off his belt and stabbing it into a canister, Seth let the magnet effect take place and pull the drink up, or down, towards Nephrite. Seth settled on a rock, his pistol in his lap, and ran a hand through his hair, drinking several gulps from his own bottle.

"It is rather hard to swallow, but the nutrients should replenish you." A rest was a gift in the field of combat and they needed gifts right now.

"Mal Judder, would you like any? There is no poison in it, I am no killik."

Tag: Sarge, Trimaj, Team
  6. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    Isis Stele
    Depths of Shadow

She had had her hand on her lightsaber long before anyone had even pulled out their blasters. She had felt a ripple of violence in the Force, but no death.

Isis sighed. Her companions were beginning to irritate her. She took her hands off her lightsaber and watched the exchange with apparent disinterest. Seth was revealing himself as a whimsical opportunist. Cara was similarly reckless and Mal fell somewhere in between. None of them had revealed themselves to be very thoughtful. Did they not realize the consequences death would have on the group? First off, Isis would need to physically subdue the murderer and that would waste her resources. And, beyond that, the altercation would leave the group crippled both emotionally and numbers-wise.

Isis had foreseen the blaster shot from Cara, before she had fired, but it still made her jump as she walked towards the group. Isis didn?t bother to contain her contempt for the crew?s recent exchange. She scoffed, while the Chiss ignored the whole ordeal. Isis chastised herself. No judgment. Calm.

Isis moved towards the Driggs. She leaned against a stalactite and wondered what she was doing on Shadow. Why hadn?t the GA, the Imperial Remnant, or anybody known about the Killik infestation?

Tag: Crew/Group/Sinre
  7. SirakRomar Force Ghost

star 4
    Cara Ta´Manis
    Cave

She did not really care for the others at that point. Their mission had already failed, as it was obvious that this was matter for the military. And as much as she realized she wanted to find out what was going on here, she also realized that this was a group of highly detached individuals. What armies had they come from, where a man can point a gun at a fellow soldier and be allowed to carry it thereafter?

They had no sense of military customs, seemed to inexpereienced, had no discipline and no idea. Probably they all sat there now and reassured themselves how right they were about everything they thought. Ego.

"If you want I could see if I might be able to lesson the effects of the poison on your system, maybe boost your kidneys and liver at purifying the blood stream."
    She turned herself to the Drall Jedi who hadn´t been very good in hiding his true nature.
    Just like you, Cara.

"Perhaps the force will allow you to meassure the danger it poses for me? For the only effect I can identify by now is the pain-supression it offers. Which isn´t that unwelcome. Some neural poisons do that in low doses and are even used for therapy. Others just make you feel numb before they kill you."
    She said and sighed. "But actually as nobody seems to have any problem with any crew-member attempting to kill or threaten another, I suggest you just sit back and meditate about that. Then help the survivors from our infighting. And hope this are the people who actually came here to save your freaky little home-system, Drall. Because we are a minority, here, if you haven´t got it yet." She actually wasn´t angry. She just saw no more sense in playing the social animal. And every word she said was true. Had the Jedi, the Imperial or the Chiss done what was best for the Corellian System?
    She turned around and unholstered her sidearm, checking it. "What about him?" She pointed out to the droid. "We won´t get him down there by talking about it."

Cara was alone now. She knew that. The others were little help beyond their firepower. Everybody had become a potential danger. Nobody else was doing anything about it. Therefore she suddenly valued the droid. He was the most unpredictable of the team. He had a programming instead of an ego.

Tag: Mitth, Sinrebirth
  8. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8

Hiding behind a helmet could do some rather amazing things. For instance, if no one could see your face they didn't know exactly how screwed up you were on the inside. Controling one's voice is vastly easier than, oh say controling the eyes. They'll give you away everytime. Sure, being faceless has it's issues. For a moment there, Cara had almost treated him like a human being. Now she was back to the cold-hearted hapan witch brigade.

Another use is that it hides when you're a bit surprised. Driggs offering to use the Force on Cara really shouldn't have been, but with Seth also offering him something to drink... This was just a situation that he was not accustomed to by any means. Order, clear chains of command within a unit, having some frakking clue what the feth was going on. These were the things he was used to, even in the midst of chaos some of those were normally present in some capacity.

To drink or not to drink, that was now the question that faced one Mal Judder. Deciding he simply did not trust the chiss, after all why should he after the stunt he had just pulled, Mal took off his helmet again and pulled his own canteen out and took a sip. It was a rather sour concoction, and it was all Mal could do not to make a face. It did occur to him that this was a rather petty thing to do, but so what. You didn't drain someone elses resources unduly. Nor did you trust the person you wanted to kill.

Seeing as they actually had some time, and irksomely agreeing that there was no real way to get Alec and Nill down, Mal put the bucket back on so that no one would see the look of distaste on his face when he spoke. "You're right Seth. Probably would be best if they hung out above us." He had waited for someone else to bring up the rather obvious problem that had appeared on the surface. But everyone was tapdancing around it, which was a truly disgusting thing. Especially when combined with what had happened with Cara, Seth and himself. "What the hell was that up there?" Here Judder pointed out towards the surface. "We can't all try and do different things in a firefight. Actual team or not, we're all screwed nine ways from Kessel if we keep this up. Either we actually agree to work together or else let's just end this right now. It's a farce, and nothing more. A demented idea of equality between governments only out for themselves and I think that everyone here knows it. If you have a problem with someone, out with it. We get past them, or we get killed. Simple." Mal had been looking around at everyone as he spoke, making sure that they actually got what he was saying. Now all that was left was the waiting, although half of him expected this to turn into a shouting match between children instead of adults who were capable of anything resemebling rational thought.

TAG: GROUP

9. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Driggs Norhgar
    Shadow Depths

Driggs just looked up at the Hapan Cara, as Mal made his comment. The man was totally right and he would write as much when he had the time, he had no problem reprimanding himself even with just one arm at the moment.

"What you say is true Mal, and Cara. These things have I known for a long time, though I will still meditate on making sure you live. One callous individual in search, is better than one on a trip. I have always been the minority, much like my home system, I didn't expect this to change simply because our governments are playing diplomacy." Reaching out a hand he held it to her stomach focusing on her own bodies natural and helpful ways of dealing with the neuro-toxin.

"As for squables, I believe you killed a part of my family here. And I would like to know what role you played in that when you are ready." he whispered softly to her before returning to a normal voice, "As for the Chiss, time will deal with what we cannot. Jedi Isis," he called back louder over his shoulder, "I believe we have something to discuss when you have the time later."

TAG: Sirak, Trim, Nick, Team
  10. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    IC: Nill
    Depths, Shadow

Nill looked at Alec, impressed by his ability to stand - he believed he was impressed, after all. Nill looked up at the 'ceiling' group. "I concur, Seth." A twinge in his ciruitry suggested that Nill would have preferred not to - an interesting point that implied even he was getting rather irrate with the Chiss.

Cara could not be put in charge, and Driggs had demonstrated some degree of secrecy that would generate concern within the group. Isis was a Jedi, and had shown she was capable enough to take command. However, Mal had consistently proven himself, and putting him in-charge would diminish Seth's position. Nill thus concluded.

"Team B is to be run by Mal. Your objectives are the same as before. Discover Centerpoint technology and secure it. Additional objectives are thus; destroy any Killiks you encounter, and eradicate the infestation of the moon - insect or otherwise."

That seemed particularly wide, he considered. "Proceed via the roof." Nill made use of his echolocation sensors once more, and discovered that the wires led to a particular point and then darted down, reaching some kind of central point. The floor went deeper, while the roof went up, and curved under the mountain.

"Overall objective is to take control of Shadow. Secure the technology that is controlling the gravity and magnetics." Nill looked at Cara. "Please update us on your injuries before we depart." As if on queue, the poison claimed another nerve cluster, and she lost control of her left arm.

TAG: All
  11. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Shadow, Depths

Now that he got the standing part solved, Alec was able to tune back into his surroundings and thus the "team". The infighting hadn't seemed to have changed apparently as the details that he heard from the others came back to his mind and the Mandalorian thought that he remembered hearing a blaster discharging while he had been picking himself up onto his feet.

Funny, he was the Mando but the current troubles didn't involve him at all.

"Nephrite, unless there is another shift in gravity, and we should expect one, you may have to travel with Nill for a time. Would you like something to drink?"

The Mandalorian lifted a hand, the movement itself slow and difficult to do with the forces that still continued to try and bring him back down. He managed to achieve catching the canister anyway, the item smacking into his armored gauntlet but otherwise right in his grip. Then, taking the clip that the Chiss had placed into the canteen, Alec let go and couldn't help but watch with some fascination as the canister seemed to defy gravity in his eyes and raise back up to where the Chiss and the rest of the group was. The Mando actually chuckled at the display.

"You have more people with you," Alec replied, taking out his own canteen to drink from. "You'll probably need it more." Poison had crossed his mind but Alec had tossed that idea aside. The Chiss may have just displayed that he was willing to terminate one of their own, but that was when Cara had apparently proved to be a liability. If he was thinking like Seth - as he was currently trying to - he didn't think the Chiss would try to kill the healthy, armored Mandalorian with all the guns. No, Alec had just caught the canister because he wanted to see how much he was hampered by his current predicament.

Shouldering his shotgun where the strap immediately dug against his armor but otherwise kept doing it's job of keeping the weapon at his back, the Mando grabbed at his canteen and popped open the cap. He remembered to make sure to hold the canteen upside down so that the water wouldn't get poured onto the others up on the roof and Alec couldn't help but laugh again at what he was doing. He took off his helmet, revealing a tanned, older face with skin and eyes that had been toughened during years of combat, and took a sip of his canteen.

Mal was talking about something but the Mandalorian was ignoring the Imperial. It wasn't out of disrespect, it was just that he was saying something that Alec felt didn't apply to him. He wasn't the one trying to kill members of this team and was, strangely, probably the only one that - in his mind - was doing what he was supposed to do: shut up, shoot when you need to, stay alive. No arguments, it was a basic thing of combat missions that everyone should agreed on, he and his fellow Mandos did all the time, so what was going on with everyone else he had no idea.

Alec actually liked the idea of being with Nill and getting separated from everyone else. Group was too crazy for him. At least with his fellow Mandos - whether they were working together or with other shady characters - they knew where their attention should be focused on.

"Overall objective is to take control of Shadow. Secure the technology that is controlling the gravity and magnetics."

Now there was a appropriate line of thinking for this situation. Placing his canteen back at his belt - the canister immediately getting pulled up to the others but now being restrained at his belt kept it from happening - Alec placed his helmet back over his head and locked it in place. Time to get back to work.

TAG: Sinrebirth, Team
  12. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

star 5
    Team B is Ta'Manis, Judder, and Sabosen, correct?:confused:

Borus'eth'Sabosen
    -Shadow

Seth dodged the falling liquid and smiled up at Nephrite. "A bit unexpected. I apologize." He jested before moving his own drink back into his bag and walking over to the new Team B and its even newer leader: Mal Judder. Seth was sure that spite was not in the droid's capability, well not yet of course, but putting Judder in charge was a good way of showing it. Seth was unaffected by insignificant, infinitesimal designations of false leadership within this band of rival factions. Judder would lead and Seth would monitor him greatly until an opening was given where he could sink his fangs in. The Chiss was a beast, a beast with fangs, hunting for the blood of his comrades.

However, the beast would have to deviate his form because the role he had played so far would only lead him so far. The change would be subtle, unnoticeable, moving upon Seth in an almost dead-like manner. His pistol was owned by his right hand as he came to a stop in a respectful distance from Judder and the others. "Shall we proceed?" The Chiss queried with a sly smile on his face. With a practiced, professional accuracy and precision, Seth's eyes slid to Ta'Manis.

"Up to the challenge?" Needless to say, he was not referring to their looming venture, his glowing eyes portrayed as much. No, he was referring to the battle he would instigate between himself, the Hapan, and the Imperial, once they had left the droid's sight. Borus would not kill them...

He would break them.

Tag: Team B
  13. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    OOC: team B is the ceiling group.

post tomorrow. got stuffz to do tonight.

14. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    GM OOC: Team A is Alec and Nill, Team B is Seth, Isis, Cara and Mal, with Mal as Team Leader.
  15. SirakRomar Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: Finally found out how to play her. A little different from expectations, probably. I needed to relocate some dialogue, to make this work. And I took a little from the pot of liberties, others had used on Cara before. Her time to look mean, you know? you will hardly object.

Cara Ta´Manis
    Cave, Shadow

"As for squables, I believe you killed a part of my family here. And I would like to know what role you played in that when you are ready."
    The Drall whispered to her. Norghar´s voice was soft, but his eyes accusing. Or was that the reflection of her own in his? She stared at him only with her ice-cold eyes. He body began to feel number with every second.

Then the droid spoke up. Judder was given command. The best of all bad choices Nill could have made.

"Overall objective is to take control of Shadow. Secure the technology that is controlling the gravity and magnetics."
    She hardly listened. Problems of the living. Her arm felt dead. She just realized it. Wouldn´t need forever to reach her lungs, she assumed. Then she was addressed. "Please update us on your injuries before we depart."

"A moment, please." She only replied. And turned to the Drall again.

She knelt down to look him into his eyes. Whispering. Hissing.

"Ready for it? I am dying, Drall. I am ready for anything, little furry. I am running out of time. So, no more games." She leaned forward. "Listen closely, because I´ll teach you something nobody understands better than a murderer. And a murderer I am. The simple truth of cause and consequence." She felt her breath growing more heavy. Stress perhaps? The poison? More likely. "Esellia Ta´Manis. You ever heard of her? Unlikely. Captain of the Godess of Galinore, a Nova-Class in the Hapes Royal Fleet. She held the first line, when your people attacked. When Corellia came to my home. My system. My people. Without provocation. Without declaration of war. And attacked my Queen for political reasons alone! Esellia died in the first minutes ofr the battle. As did many others of my family. We are a huge family. We all serve."
    She gave him a moment to swallow the story so far. And because she needed it. The absence of pain was irritating. She had the feeling Norghar wanted to say something, but hissed only. "Please. I am running out of time. Before her death, before your people´s hideous attack, I would probably have seduced your ministers, blackmailed politicians. Assassinated of one of them if really necessary. After that attack, I volunteered to the fleet. Got my own ship. I have friends, you know? And was send here. Into the war. I got orders. I followed them like every normal soldiers should. When I got the order to wipe out Shadow, I did not question the decision. Yeah, I was the one giving the command. Fire. Give ´em all we got! I killed your family. Thousands of others. Innocents. That´s what war has made me. Your war. You Corellians created me. You changed me. Turned out we were no better than you. In war, probably noone is better than anyone."
    She made another short break. Before ending her litttle speech.
    "Then I have come here and tried to amend. Sacrifice for forgiveness. A futile task, I know. The dead cannot forgive. But something I will give my live for, now. And what will you do about my sweet cousin Esellia? where will you be when Hapes needs you?" She stood up, finally. Shocked by the lack of recognition her body gave her when she moved.
    "The morale high-ground is rather slippery, you see? Cause and consequence. Something only a murderer truly understands." She turned away and addressed Nill.

Before she could speak, the Chiss approached her. "Up to the challenge?" He asked. She had to smile about that. The deadly calmness in her was a void that consumed all her feelings. The Jedi would probably not even realize her intent. Then she realized she still had her pistol in her good han
  16. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Shadow, Depths

"Good luck."

Alec looked up at the ceiling, watching the display as the Hapan walked away from the rest of her appointed team and just stood at her own little corner. The Mandalorian's visor remained pointed at Cara as Alec took a couple steps forward to her location so that he would stand right "above" her.

"Hey," Alec spoke through his helmet speakers, waving a hand to get the Hapan's attention. "Want to join my group? Eyes can still work can't they?" He pointed a finger back at Nill. "We can use an extra pair of eyes, what with it just being the two of us at the moment."

TAG: SirakRomar, Trimaj, Sinrebirth, bluebeast, Mitth, Nick
  17. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

star 5
    Shadow Depths

He listened to Cara make her stake, she knew her prognosis as well as he did, death most likely. What she told him, or maybe how and the circumstances that were so plain bore past what defenses he had left as he listened. He could feel what little contempt or possible anger he had left, and should of never had, leave him like the wind from a boats sails on the boiling sea.

She took her spot after her final proclomation, keeping her eyes on them, he had no doubt that she now told the truth and expected death...to die alone. As if that could ever happen for one with the baggage she carried.

He walked over, careful not to jostle his arm too much. "You may have your way, I won't stop you because I envy you too much in being rid of such a tempestuous life. You may be a murderer, but I am worse, I followed orders and did nothing...I watched my people fight dirty and every one else as well. There was no right side left side, no up, merely a downward spiral...and I watched because, because that was direction the Jedi Grandmaster as he came to appoint himself desided. Despite my convictions that we should go home, wherever that was and protect what innocents we could find. There is my sin, I watched." he took a brief breath as he felt a tear roll down his cheek as he looked into her eyes, holding up his good hand with a tea bag in it.

"Take this, it may be considered largely an old wife's tale, but suck on the tea bag. It will at least give you something to do, and...and I...Those you killed might not be able to forgive you in this life, but I still can. If it is the only peace I can bring, then I give it now...I forgive you Cara. And don't kid yourself, you never would have seduced a Drall, your too willowy. The most you could have done was solicit free food for life." he smiled weakly as he handed over the tea bag. Old tales were that sucking on one would help draw out the poisin, not that he believed it or had expertise to say either way.

But there was nothing left to fight for or over with this one, nothing left to despise, but merely pity as he saw his reflection of what could have been begin to fade.

TAG: Sirak, Teams
  18. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    OOC: i believe driggs is associated with team B as well.;) doubt he wants to go off on his lonesome...

and also: =D= for sirak and mitth. excellent job you two.

No sooner had Driggs started to do what Mal had considered a good idea Nill broke in and gave the Imperial control over the "ground" team. Blinking very slowly, it was something of a surprise. Not being in the position, per se, but more being in that position given the sheer lack of discpline in this group was a headache that the Imperial would have much rather NOT been handed. It was much better than Seth being in charge, however. Like I'd have listend to him. Driggs was still over by Cara, and they were having a rather hushed discussion. Respecting this, Mal moved off to look over his "team".

Seth had tried to show a different side of himself, but it simply stank of duplicity. Like the Chiss would do anything without some ulterior motive. Mal knew that watching him was something of a necessity. Isis stood off on her own as well. Tension was etched into her shoulders, but whether it was from the rigid Jedi control that was needed or the situation the Trooper simply could not tell. Then ther ewas Cara and Driggs, both wounded and likely to be a hindrence in some capacity. Cara... was not doing well. Mal hadn't given her a complete picture. Sure, the meds he had given her should have slowed the poison, but slowing something like that was measured in minutes rather than hours. Maybe the Drall Jedi's offer would have more of an effect... But it was doubtful. Very doubtful.

Finally finished with their talk, the rather odd couple moved apart from each other. Then Seth interjected himself in his rather slimy manner, and Cara pointed her pistol at him again. Mal started to react, but stopped. I want him dead just as much as she does. Disappointment spread through him as he heard the click, meaning she had double clutched on the trigger. Sighing unheard, Mal knew that the headache was going to stay. But she was right about one thing, the Chiss was acting like an amateur. Whether that was a ruse (although there were several instances it could have very easily gotten him killed) or not was something that would need consideration.

After the rather anti-climactic situation Cara turned and addressed Nill. Apparently she knew the score, regardless of his not telling her completely. She was not an amateur. While making her situation clear, she was staying behind, the Hapan did something that Mal was rather surprised at. She gave him her rifle. The rifle was a soldiers life, and it took on the characteristics of the person who wielded it as they spent time cleaning and improving it. Cara was a very precise person, so the weapon was as well. Nodding very slowly, "I'll make sure you are honored with it." He figured she would understand the reference to Seth, the least honorable of the group. It was a promise he would keep, regardless of how the Chiss was killed.

Following her with his eyes, Mal was vaguely unsure how he felt right then. True, she had not treated him like a person through most of the mission, but he had threatened her at the start. At a rather pathetic insult at that. I was much less than myself with her. It was because being a stormtrooper, distinguishing oneself was never easy. Having that stripped away from him so easily had been created a rather raw spot for a moment. Especially when combined with the rust that had been apparent in a few instances.

Pausing for a moment, Mal shouldered her rifle. It was good quality, and battle tested. He would make sure to use it where appropriate. Still, holding on the move out order for a few seconds longer Mal looked over the group. Words would be useless, really. There was no comraderie here, something that Judder sorely missed. There was no trust, nor was there likely to be. In short it was a group of individuals who would prefer they had never met being forced to do a job together. And
  19. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

star 5
    Borus'eth'Sabosen
    -Shadow

Seth cocked his head to the side and surveyed the illustrious Mal Judder as he had shrewdly issued the order. "No, Ta'Manis can take point." The Chiss raised his blaster at Ta'Manis, his finger wrapped around the trigger. This alerted the Droid Nill who began to take arms against Seth.

"Moactan gael." The language was Cheunh and none of the others would understand. But the droid would. He would understand it and would act accordingly.

Tag: Team B
  20. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8

The betrayal certainly came as no surprise. Expected, really. But the timing couldn't have been worse. Mal had just shoulder Ta'Manis rifle, which was rather rapidly finding it's way back into his hand.

Being unsure what the Chiss had said, or what it meant, Mal decided on caution and started moving to the side. What also didn't help was he didn't know who it had been said for, and so he was moving TOWARDS Nill.

Sighting down the stock, Judder pinpointed the base of the Chisses neck. Since he was looking at Cara, the Trooper was effectively behind him. Grinning ferally behind the helmet, Mal pulled the trigger...

TAG: SIRNE, CREW

21. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Too little, too late.
  22. SirakRomar Force Ghost

star 4
    ooc: As I am after your post, in a way, I´ll honor Judder´s response a little different. And for ONCE I expect our posts to happen the same time.

Cara Ta´Manis
    Corner of the Cave

She felt empty. Numb. At least the numb was real. Her eyes watched the Stormtrooper, Judder, shoulder her gun. It meant a lot to him, she knew. And she was surprised she felt comfort in him appreciating her gesture.

Then Norghar came over. "You may have your way, I won't stop you because I envy you too much in being rid of such a tempestuous life. You may be a murderer, but I am worse, I followed orders and did nothing...I watched my people fight dirty and every one else as well. There was no right side left side, no up, merely a downward spiral...and I watched because, because that was direction the Jedi Grandmaster as he came to appoint himself decided. Despite my convictions that we should go home, wherever that was and protect what innocents we could find. There is my sin, I watched." The Drall´s little frame ached from grief. They both had tears in the eyes, but she wiped hers away, no longer feeling her hands touch her face.

"Take this, it may be considered largely an old wife's tale, but suck on the tea bag. It will at least give you something to do, and...and I...Those you killed might not be able to forgive you in this life, but I still can." Her face could no longer hold the facade, and she showed her embarrassment and guilt. "If it is the only peace I can bring, then I give it now...I forgive you Cara. And don't kid yourself, you never would have seduced a Drall, your too willowy." She smiled. Only a short hint of a smile. "The most you could have done was solicit free food for life."

She felt her throat tighten and her soul felt relief. It was all she could have asked for.

"Thank you. Thank you." She said and out the bag of tea into her mouth. Resting her hands on her knees, so far as they still were under her command she watched the others.

Judder was taking command. He felt uncomfortable about it, obviously. And the Chiss passed him. Saying something while his hand went to his gun. A killer knew this gesture. The body told the story of the next second, before any mind could read it. He drew his gun. She would probably never know he she smiled in that moment.

Her hold-out snapped out of his mechanism, again. It was much faster than draw her sidearm and her hands were already pointed towards the others. She pointed it at the Chiss in the same fluid move it snapped into her hand. Pushing the trigger the split-second the targeting-rim showed the blue skin. Pushed the trigger for the first time.

Then again and again and again . . .

If he didn´t kill her with his first shot, he was doomed.

For pain wouldn´t stop her.

She felt no pain, anymore.

Tag: Sinrebirth, I guess . . . others
  23. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    Isis Stele
    Depths, Shadow

Isis predicted the transpiring events, a few seconds before they came to fruition. She thought about igniting her lightsaber, but with assaults coming at the Chiss from both sides, she wouldn?t be fast enough.

She pushed the Force into her legs and darted towards Seth?s position. Guns were drawn, but Isis was moving too fast to watch. She saw the red flash of blaster bolts, in her peripheral vision, when she collided with Seth.

She hadn?t reacted fast enough. Blinding pain erupted in her right ribcage and on her left shoulder. She crumpled and rolled to a stop against a stalactite.

Tag: Crew
  24. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

star 5
    Shadow Depths

He had the barrest hints of primonition, another casualty of submitting to go without using his abilities openly for too long, and his distration with the aparent target.

He pulled out his lightsaber in a swift motion as he turned around, he prepared to deflect any shots that would come at Cara, or at worst catch them as non-fatally as he could. Something which he hoped shouldn't be to hard considering his tentacle wrap that limited his lightsaber use. But it all came down to do or do not, and if he had any say it would be do, it was a new last straw of what he could do to ease her passing. Let her die in victory if possible, and in solace with time to feel her life out with her heart. He needed to give her that much, at least do the best to assure it before he left her here.

So with bleary eyes, a stead fast desire, and a sure hand and body guided by the force he would do this...extending act for a fellow fallen from inner peace.

TAG: GM, Teams
  25. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    IC: Nill
    Shadow Depths, Floor

Seth had snapped Nills last nerve, figuratively speaking. There was no doubt that the Chiss had gone from a difficulty to simply sabotaging the mission. Nill raised both his arms, preparing a pinpoint barrage of fire. The entire team acted, in perfect moption, an attack which would overwhelm Seth from below, from Mal's side, from Cara's holdout.

"Moactan gael."

By the end of Seth's sentence, everything changed. Isis pushed Seth out of the way with her mass, and was hit by Mal's shot, thrown against a stalactite. Nill's arms whirled away from Seth, a program suddenly taking him over, and her fire was redirected at Driggs, his efforts entirely mis-focused on protecting Cara. Cara's arm was jerked away from Seth, the poison touching her nerves to redirect the shot at Driggs as well - this one hitting the right of his neck.

In Cara's mind, a voice rang out. Harsh and guttural, it was unknown to her, attempting to sound soft. "Cara, Cara, Cara. I know what has hurt you, my dear. I know how you've fought against everything. Why seek redemption? Why at all? Chiss killed Hapans at Qoribu. The Corellians killed Hapans during the war. These fools do not care for you. I, Gorog, do care for you, young lady."

"I can tell you where the Centerpoint technology is. But only you. You... my Chosen One." With that, Cara's mind seemed to expand, and she became luminous in the Force, touching the combined sensitivity of the entire Nest. She was in the Force - and Isis and Driggs would be able to tell.

Cara had become Force sensitive.

Nill was still trying to process data when he turned to deal with Mal, spraying blaster fire that gave Seth an opening to flee along the ceiling - up into the mountain, into tunnels chewed by Killiks on their way down into the planets core. Dozens of tunnels, more than enough for Seth to lead Mal on a chase for his life. He began to move his arm, his tactical computer anticipating Alec would try something.

Two seconds had passed since Seth had spoken. Less than ten minutes had passed between Seth repairing Nill, and evidently placing a program within his systems. Nill finally started the program to counter the infiltration software. In the moment he managed to, from the depths below him and Alec the plant creature acted, as if on a cue. More than two dozen roots grabbed out, half on Alec, half on Nill - a well-thought out assault.

They yanked them down the tunnel where the wires went - the depths of Shadow. The tunnel they traveled down constricted, the speed in which they travelled increasing. Nill felt his arm knocked off on a wall, crashing into Alec, and then a leg was battered off, the space in which they were being pulled down shrinking so fast that the plant was crushing them. Nill's head was chipped off by stone, and then his remnant body, ripped in half as the plant tried to yank it down a hole far too small for it.

To describe Alec's fate would be too gruesome to describe.

Not that things above were particularly pleasant.

TAG: All

Update: Nill and Alec are gone. Driggs, Cara and Isis are all wounded. Seth has gone rogue. Mal is still standing. Good times. :cool:
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.