main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars 41 ABY - Shadow Games

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zadann_MaRanna

Zadann_MaRanna Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2009
    OOC: I hate to double post, but I can't wait.

IC:
    Zadann MaRanna

Flashback

Zadann stood infront of his Commander with a firm gaze and heavily standing in a solute position. If it was rated the solute would get a perfect score as his legs were straight, his shoulders at nintey degree angles, his head was held completely up, and of all his back was straight too; showing no bents in his scale covered spine. After so long -his job consisting of, working with the homless, sleeping, working with the harmless, sleeping it was finally over. Here his commander stood infront of him, the man who said he had a mission ordered by someone up high. Zadann was dressed in his regular Imperial uniforms, his tail was seeable as a hole was made for it to move freely without being confined to his back. A Barabel, one of the best species of hunters to walk the planets, yet Zadann was probably the only one not a Mercenary or Bounty Hunter working for large or small fees. Instead he had been working his whole time as an Imperial Special Operative in the Imperial Mission. The only training he had recieved was in that of diplomatic skills, fighting-whiched he had learned on his home planet Barab I, and some medical techniques to help in the healing time of burns, cuts, and- some bit of dental training to pull teeth if they were causing pain to refugees he met. All this compiled into helping decimated planets destroyed by recent frays by different wars and famines. After awhile of this type of work his heart had become softened, his pockets had become empty, and of all he had lost the dignity that was specialized in a Barabels way of life. His reptilian features were quite important, as hard red scales covered his body. His black slit eyes were penetrating, and with that his silent stare was deadly.

Zadann had lost all recolections of why he had been called in from a mission on the planet of Tatooine where some Sand Raiders had left a whole city pillaged in the desert. Zadann had been following his consistant orders since his arrival on the planet, and then he recieved one telling him he would be replaced and to return to his Battleship-Battleship Carnavorious for further instructions, the trip was small, only one galaxy away. Before he could ponder with what was happening his Commander looked at a paper, scribbled with handwriting of neat origin, in his hands and then back to Zadann.

" Special Operative Zadann you have recieved a Top Priority mission. It's labled with our leader High Moff Fel. It says you are to be accessable on the Turbulant-class Star Destroyer Gilad Pellaeon. It also came with this." The man turned to his desk, peered over, moved open a drawer, and then pulled a square piece of cloth from it. He looked back at Zadann and threw the cloth towards him. Instinctivly Zadann caught the cloth with one hand. Before he could ask his Commander spoke again." As you can see that came with this parchment, I am not allowed to read the rest of this message by order of Hgh Moff Fel but I am to let you go to your destination however long it takes."

Zadann's Commander held the piece of paper towards him and waited for a response. He got one as Zadann began to speak. " Commander Ike I will start on this mission immediatly. I look forwards to working alone and with a different task then I always recieve." His Russian Ruffian-like accent was strong but it was well honed. Of course Zadann didn't speak in this tone all the time, but in the prescence of higher ranking command he had learned to show the utmost of respect to them.

Quickly he grabbed the paper-clenching it with his left hand. He turned on his heel and left the room in haste. With the door closing behind him Zadann took several deep breathes and lowered his solute-like position. Instinctively he always slowed his breathing around others, always commanding a calm mantality. This was his fluke though, as most of the time he was thinking about other pressing matters. Moving away from Commander Ike's office room door, Za

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Driggs Norghar
    Shadow, Waiting Room

He nodded slightly to the man, Anakin after a fashion, that stood before him. His mind was running corelations of what the station might have done, brought up the most recent user that it kept tabs on and reactivated him upon cremation to have a champion of the station? Ancient technology perk for restricted users similar to the Emperor Reborn project but without the vat tampering? The possibility were as wide as they were vast and he could hardly contain himself to wait for the lad.

But he did and walked to the indicated room, "Very well, not like we haven't gotten a brain holo-full already Anakin. You know if there is medical supplies, why didn't you fashion a full kama or pants out of the bandages and emergency blankets? Just curious."

He shrugged at the door and went in, and began to inspect the medical equipment as he pulled out one of his own biscuits and began munching. Maybe something here could help fix him up better, maybe get a decent sling or something to fix him up out right, though the food caught his glance a few times he just turned back to perusing, not even the temperature controlled water dispensor could distract his search through the medical equipment.

Then it dawned on him, there was hot water. Hot water! And cups, cups! Walking over quickly he poured three steaming cups of hot water adding three tea bags from his Aunt. His medical needs and search forgotten in a haze of steam.

Sitting back on the edge of a counter he stared off blissfully swishing his finger back and forth through the air using the force to steep the tea bags. "Take your time Anakin. Take your time." If this was some strange dream he hoped by the Five Worlds no one would wake him up until he finally got some tea. Funny how the drink had come to symbalize salvation in his mind, but here it was, and soon, blissfully soon, his troubles would melt like lumps, into the dark swirling liquid. And nothing, nothing else mattered.

TAG: Nick, GM (If hot water is too far, feel free to edit)

3. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Zazarine Zey
    Gilad Pelleaon, Above Shadow

The armored figure entered the room and ranted something about his suit. The others couldn´t hear him, probably, for his speech system was damaged, but he could. His senses heightened through the force. Something about his suit. Zey did not thought a reply was necessary. The scientist, obviously that was what he was would probably be useful. The Barabel, like the armored man and the special forces member were here for the guns. They were all about the guns. Useful, too.
    "Jedi Master Zazarine Zey." He replied to the Barabel´s introduction. His voice filtered through his breather. Zadaan MaRanna. He memorized the repitles name. Wondering what he should do with them. They were all their to save a team that had teared itself apart. The Jedi on Shadow had clearly failed to identify the threat the Chiss was and neutralize it. Hand picked by Luke Skywalker, of course. Looking at Skywalker, he wondered what his Master thought. The loss of his wife and the failure Jacen Solo had been were still applying pressure on him, surely. Jacen Solo. The Sith-for-a-year. Zazarine Zey was far more concerned by his incompetence than his fall itself. A man like Solo, having all that potential and the Galactic Alliance at his command had not made it a year, before falling. A year. The Jedi did not say so in the open, but he hardly had earned the right to call himself a Sith. What if future lightsiders would proof to be as incompetent in leading the Jedi as Solo had shown to be reviving his old sect?

"Learning from the mistakes of our targets, we should establish a chain of command before we go down there." He finally noted. Turning to the team. He would take this into his hands, before Luke Skywalker could take it into his. He assumed the Grandmaster of the Order wouldn´t join them.

Tag: All on board

4. Rally_Fan_84

Rally_Fan_84 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 14, 2009
    IC: Maltrix Booly

[i]As quickly as he had recognized and given Grandmaster Skywalker a newbie-like accolade, he came to his senses and adopted the less rigid stance of a true noncom. Once one became a sergeant they became a demigod and the adulation increased with each subsequent ranking. Therefore it did not do well for Rix to standing ramrod straight at attention and saluting like he was attempting to cut a block of ice that was directly to the right of his head under these meeting conditions, high-ranking brass or not.

Consequently, he had relaxed and again folded himself into the chair he had previously selected, while simultaneously a comically short mandalorian with his helmet on sauntered in and rather aggressively took a seat, all without saying a word.

While it was cause to wonder where the mission was going, Booly was distracted from that by a lingering stiffness and popping from both of his knees as he propped his boots up on the nearest available chair, a reminder of what happened when things went awry in a hurry and an example of why this mission was going to be his last field operation, ever.
    Despite the fact that he was in top physical condition (as was pretty much a requirement if one wanted to be in SpecForce), the truth of the matter was that he did look older than his chronological frame of mid-30s. In fact, the other day a rather attractive junior officer had guessed him to be in his late 30s or early 40s which had been a slight jab at his ego, despite the fact that she had hinted that he looked excellent for those years.
    The truth was that the life of a career soldier aged people faster than expected and took its toll in so many ways that recruiters never told their prospects.

Not long after the mando, a Barabel wearing some severe shrouding and a hood entered the chamber and had evaluted everybody in their own way, then capped it off with introducing himself as [b]Zadann MaRanna[/b]. He had come to respect that and many other aspects of the Barabels. Unlike [b]Zazarine Zey[/b] the Jedi who carried himself with a stuffy air of holier-than-thou smog, or the Mando who both had blustered in like they were more important than they thought, this one thought tactically and methodically, meaning he was least likely to get them all killed.

It was certainly turning out to be a motley crew to say the least, and the presence of such high ranking brass spoke volumes of what was at stake, so Rix felt it wise to shut up and listen to the mission before trying to fill the blanks in that briefings invariably made.[/i]

[color=royalblue]"Learning from the mistakes of our targets, we should establish a chain of command before we go down there."[/color]
    [i]
    It wasn't the suggestion itself so much as the insinuations behind it that made Rix do a mental flinch. He surmised that the hidden meaning of the message was that the Jedi "Master" should be given command rather than have earned it.
    On what basis he came to that conclusion Rix couldn't be certain, but he suspected it was because of his supposed superiority through the force or the glowing stick that he could produce that most likely substituted for something else that was lacking about him.

As a soldier, he knew it wasn't his place to correct, but as an experienced noncom it was his duty to at least facilitate a more successful mission. First things first though, at least the Barabel was being friendly so he at least deserved the same kind of greeting.[/i]

"Greetings Mr. MaRanna, Gunnery Sergeant Maltrix Booly. Hope the ride out from wherever you came from wasn't too boring like mine."

[i]As he placed his hands behind his head and leaned back he switched his subject to Zey's chest-beating, all while maintaining eye contact with a particular rivet in the ceiling[/i]

"And not to nitpick, Master Zey, but let's at least hear the mission outline and get an idea of what we're dealing with before volunteering our own experience at command."

[i]There was just enough sarcasm and snideness injected into the word M

5. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Zazarine Zey
    Above Shadow

Raising his brow Master Zey looked at the soldier.

"And not to nitpick, Master Zey, but let's at least hear the mission outline and get an idea of what we're dealing with before volunteering our own experience at command." The man said. Obviously he had understood Master Zey´s initiative as a sign of volunteering. Without even knowing if Luke Skywalker himself would lead them, it surely was not.

"I actually was about to suggest that Master Skywalker outranks us all. So I assume he´ll take command. And should suggest a non-Jedi as second-in-command. To balance our governments interests." He breathed two breath through his mask. "And I was also about to suggest we deal with this like professionals, soldier. Or has the Galactic Alliance now begun to promote ranks to units depending on their assignment? I am sure that is rather confusing." Then he turned back to Master Skywalker, still waiting for his Grandmaster to voice his opinion on things. The soldier was worthless, he realized. Too much ego, to little sense. Pretty much the GA´s approach to most things, these days.

He knew what mission awaited them. Obviously the rest was less informed. A team to find and if possible conclude their mission. In addition to this they would probably need to find the Chiss and . . . deal with him. In whatever way was appropriate.

Tag: All above Shadow

6. Zadann_MaRanna

Mar 21, 2009
    IC:
    Zadann MaRanna

Zadann recieved a solemn anwser to his short, but sweet, introduction. The only words that had come out of the alien Jedi's mouth were succumbing. "Jedi Master Zazarine Zey." Hm...an alien Jedi, yet he does not speak so as I would of thought, is that the cause of becoming the Jedi he probably looked up to or is it his personal change? As he thought, Zadann simply spaced out for a moment. He spaced back into conciousness to nod that the name was in his mind. Jedi Master...Master Zazarine Zey, huh? Funny sort of name, but mine is too, guess we all really are different in our own important ways. His thoughts clouded him until Zazarine spoke again a few short seconds later.

"Learning from the mistakes of our targets, we should establish a chain of command before we go down there."

Zadann nodded again in agreement. The words were exactly what he was about to say once the breifing had started. Now, it seemed, Zazarine had jumped ahead of him like a Wookie, beating him to the sentance. Yet, in his mind, the man was considering this more an "order" then just a "sort-it-out later" thing. The Jedi was stubborn, that was his fault, that he himself couldn't realize that some moments are just to valuable to waste with questions. As a Jedi, Zadann thought the alien, Zazarine, would simply just observe. After all that's all Zadann had heard about them throughout history, that they observed before entering, eventually that was their downfall.

Really, both way's were faults yet they both yielded their own ups and downs, waiting gave you a very important vantage point will jumping to the point gave you the ability to change the percentages to your benefit; for example two against one, not waiting would keep you from getting blastered then getting up-close-and-personal in hand-to-hand combat which could save yourself from a fatal, feeble death. Zadann waited for someone else to respond, as he wanted to see the reactions of others before he stated what his personal thoughts were currently reminiscing. The first person to speak however, did not address the Jedi but instead, Zadann himself. The man seemed to be a rag-tag sniper, yet with battle scars far out-showing regular wounds. His features had seemed to age him in some respect, and in some respect he seemed to be young.

"Greetings Mr. MaRanna, Gunnery Sergeant Maltrix Booly. Hope the ride out from wherever you came from wasn't too boring like mine."

Zadann's intent on the man's words enticed him to anwser quickly back with a a eager nod. " So it's Gunnery sergeant, eh? You look older than you really are then, am I on the right foot here? Sadly, my trip was one of lonesome fun, looking at the "wonderous" galaxy that folds beyond." Again, his words were sarcastically said at the end, being alone and in a pit of darkness was not fun or wonderous. As said, those words were completely wrong in the sentance, but Zadann didn't think anyone would actually comment on his words anyways.

Maltrix did not wander towards Zadann though, he now, as expected, looked towards Jedi Master Zazarine. His words pierced the air with a stinging hatred of the idea, yet it still remained a very resourcful response as expected to be in this motly group."And not to nitpick, Master Zey, but let's at least hear the mission outline and get an idea of what we're dealing with before volunteering our own experience at command."

The anwser was hilarious in Zadann's mind. Hehehehe. He just responded, and now one coming back from Zazarine himself.With someone as stubborn as Zazarine, Zadann knew that there would be a outraged response. There was no stopping it, it was going to come, it was going to pass, and he would keep silent through the whole thing. All the while keeping a detailed,mental log of both's personalities. Already he had gathered that Maltrix, now labled Trix for short, was a very well considerate and fast act

7. WINKWINK

WINKWINK Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 15, 2008
    IC Hob Bob
    Pellaeon

Annoyed that no one said anything Bob was about to comment again when a barable walked out of the shadows.

" That's the only moon, or what looks like a moon, I've seen around here so I'd guess it's Shadow for sure. Anyways, Hello. I am Zadann MaRanna, it's a sort of pleasure meeting you all."

The soldier looking one had relaxed back into his chair by this point as the Jedi standing, rather obviously, apart from Skywalker said "Jedi Master Zazarine Zey." , then he got... uppity. "Learning from the mistakes of our targets, we should establish a chain of command before we go down there."

"Yeah who we gonna pick, you?" The mandolorian said, putting as much sarcasm and disdain in his voice as he could "Me personally, I'd rather live more than five or six seconds"

Waiting for the fun to start, all he got was this.

What

" So it's Gunnery sergeant, eh? You look older than you really are then, am I on the right foot here? Sadly, my trip was one of lonesome fun, looking at the "wonderous" galaxy that folds beyond."

the

"And not to nitpick, Master Zey, but let's at least hear the mission outline and get an idea of what we're dealing with before volunteering our own experience at command."

HELL

"I actually was about to suggest that Master Skywalker outranks us all. So I assume he´ll take command. And should suggest a non-Jedi as second-in-command. To balance our governments interests."

They were ignoring him! HIM!!! a mandolorian in purple fething armor and a sub-machine laser rifle!

"And I was also about to suggest we deal with this like professionals, soldier. Or has the Galactic Alliance now begun to promote ranks to units depending on their assignment? I am sure that is rather confusing."

Bob was stunned. he'd been ignored before but that was generally a way for lesser beings to try and not gain his ire after he injured and or killed someone, not... This!

"Alright, I agree that we have to suggest and establish a chain-of-command and that one should be Non- Force Sensitive in Second Command and even First, but it should go to a vote since we do not want drama here. I also agree we should hear the mission outline, and like Maltrix, get to know what we will be dealing with before continuing in the path we have chosen already. Both of you are in the right, so please, the bickering must stop. If we have to work together, might as well create a POSITIVE working area. That is really my opinion on the matter, let Luke speak about it."

Hardly even paying attention to what was being said Bob jumped up and exclaimed "HEY!" as loudly as he could, the sound rebounding around inside his helmet. It sounded kinda... muffled.

TAG everyone.

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Raxle Bisthto
    Aboard the Gilad Pelleaon, Above Shadow

The sound of heavy footfalls rang out against the sleek, pristine walls of the Star Destroyer as the wiry man hurried past several startled crew members on his way to the briefing room. He continually glanced at the chrono slapped to his wrist with a briefcase full of notes and loose flimsies tucked haphazardly under the opposite arm. He was late. Very, very late and he hoped to all the gods in the galaxy that they hadn't started without him!

With a muffled grunt, Raxle Bisthto finally burst through the doors to the briefing room, breathless. "Uh, hi...hi, everyone, I--" he started in with a nervous timbre to his voice, his free hand frantically brushing the wrinkles out of his tattered lap coat as he forced a weak smile to his lips. "I--I'm sorry for being late. I had to go over my notes one last time before..."

He trailed off, his eyes finally lifting to meet the other occupants of the room through his thick-framed spectacles. Judging from the stories he had heard concerning Shadow and how the last team had simply vanished, he was not totally surprised to see that he was in the company of experienced warriors; battlefield veterans. Even a Jedi!

Clamming up as sweat broke out on his forehead, Raxle simply offered another timid grin in greeting before slinking across the room to an empty chair. He sat down, placing the briefcase firmly in his lap and folding his hands on top of the nerfhide leather in nervous anticipation. He felt out of place and uncomfortable integrated with these individuals and he silently wished that he could have brought along someone from his department; someone who understood him and someone he could talk with. Of course, he knew it would have been too much of a risk with the mission, but one could hope.

Reclining back and trying his best to fit in, his dark eyes continued to wander as the group moved forward with their conversation. It appeared to him as if they were arguing about who should lead a mission with such caliber, an argument he vowed to stay out of, when he spotted a man silhouetted against the viewport. He was dressed in traditional robes and it wasn't until he squinted and got a better look that he recognized him.

"M-Master Skywalker?!" he suddenly blurted out, completely tuning out the others' conversation as he was overtaken with childhood excitement. It wasn't everyday someone got to meet a genuine celebrity! He might have been older and wiser, but still recognizable as Luke Skywalker; Jedi Master.

"It's...a real pleasure, sir!" he rattled on, rising again from the chair with an outstretched a hand. "I've heard so many stories about you. It's truly an honor to finally get to meet you in person, sir."

TAG: Sinre, all within the briefing room

9. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Zazarine Zey
    Above Shadow

Nodding to the newest arrival, he couldn´t help but smile about Grandmaster Skywalker being called Luke. Good nobody knew how Kel Dor looked like when they smiled. And good he was still wearing his mask. Nodding to the latest arrival, a sceintist, obviously he turned to the walking Mandalorian. Or whatever he was to depict in his strange suit. His emotions became obviously more aggressive. Easy to anger, Zey noted. And looked to the sitting man.
    "Your speaker seems to be broken." He said in a calm voice. "Except me and Master Skywalker nobody has the senses to hear you, without it. I suggest you repair it, before we undertake the mission. Just for the unlikely case you have something to contribute which requires spoken words." He said and probed the man through the force. Then doing the same for the others.

So he could find them alter in the thick of Battle or any other disaster that might befall them. Not that they were of any importance. Or the chain of command he had suggested. If he needed to, he would deal with the situation alone. Leaving this second-grade team behind to save those who had been first choice by their governments.

He wondered if Hapes had send anybody. None of the Queen Mother´s agents had show so far.

Tag: Sinrebirth, Winkwink and others

10. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Alec Nephrite
    Moddell Sector, Sarafu

"About time! You're going to have to work even harder to get that bonus now, Mandalore!"

The comment was met with sudden irritation on Alec's part and the idea of socking Dr. Callat in the face came to mind. That wasn't just because of Callat's greeting as it was from simple life experience. The only people Alec had ever socialized with were fellow Mandalorians like his father and his "teachers" in the Imperial re-education centers on Mandalore. With the promised beating during those times when Alec stood up to his teachers - which he had done quite often -, and being nearly powerless to fight back because of his young age and lack of training, it had just given Alec the tendency to immediately dislike someone that didn't treat him with respect and instead assumed that they were to be obeyed like his Imperial teachers.

Mission, Alec reminded himself nonetheless, remembering why he was here. It would be poor performance on his part if he blew his first mission because of a short temper. He hadn't spent all the time repainting his armor and learning to fly the Free Mandalore only to fail right when the mission started after all.

"Don't y'r worry abu't that," Alec replied, trying to mimic his Manda'lor's voice and accent. It was difficult to say the least but he at least needed to get the accent down. If Callat was like the usual aruetii he may have trouble trying to differentiate between voices thanks to Alec's helmet speakers.

TAG: Sinrebirth

11. WINKWINK

Dec 15, 2008
    IC Hob Bob
    The Pelleaon

"Your speaker seems to be broken Except me and Master Skywalker nobody has the senses to hear you, without it. I suggest you repair it, before we undertake the mission. Just for the unlikely case you have something to contribute which requires spoken words"

Bob blinked once and took his helmet off and held out in his hands.

"Well, that would explain what happened out in the hall" he then turned to look at the... thing... that had alerted him to his helmets malfunction and said "Idiot"

TAG Draco

12. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Zazarine Zey
    Above Shadow

"Idiot!" The man spitted at Zey. He should have let him remain numd, he thought but lay his had to his side. "Idiot? Must be your name. Pleased to meet you Idiot. I am Zazarine Zey." He nodded. Worthless. Potential dangerous. Unqualified. All of them. What was Skywalker thinking? That if they assembled another of his multi-culti missions it would turn out any better? The approach of the Grandmaster was more than naive. If we make everybody work together, they´ll see their similarities instead of their differences. Yeah. Sure.

"So, Master?" He asked and tried his best to conceal his feelings. He doubted Skywalker searched them. Or was unaware of them.

Tag: Sinrebirth, Winkwink, all others above Shadow

13. WINKWINK

Dec 15, 2008
    IC Hob Bob
    The Pelleaon

Completely ignoring the other's comment Bob continued "Do you actually think we're going to let some Arrogant Jedi with a God complex and the leadership skills of a dead tuskan raider be put in charge of this group, no matter how well he thinks he can trick us, when there are MULTIPLE obviously seasoned veterans present?" Bob snorted "now me, I've admittedly got a few issues so I'm not a suitable candidate, but even four eyes over there would do a better job than you, so why don't you sit down and be a good little Jedi until we point you at something thats" he cleared his throat and said sarcastically "A risk to the well being of the nice beings in this galaxy"

With that he sat down, pulled a multi tool off his belt and went to work on his helmet.

After a moment he looked up and addressed the Barabel and the other human "Well?" he said looking back and forth between them. With reluctance he included Master Skywalker in the look as well.

TAG Rally, Zadann. Sinre.

OCC well he just alienated the jedi, but might have gotten a barabel on his side so i guess it evens out.

oh and just to be clear, I'm NOT insulting Sir-Draco.

14. Zadann_MaRanna

Mar 21, 2009
    IC: Zadann MaRanna

Aboard the Gilad Pelleaon, Above Shadow

Zadann had spaced out, the planet captivated him. Even through a window it was something of true beauty. Yet, why had he never heard of the moon named Shadow- or planet since it was large enough to be one. There had to be various life on it, especially if a whole strike team had "disappeared." So why hadn't 'Master' Luke Skywalker gone with the team- what did he feel butterflies or something. Zadann, in his mind, felt that even though someone of his iron fist still should have been on the mission down to the moon. After all- this seemed to involve Jedi, so why hadn't the Jedi sent their best warriors to confront the problem first hand? That question nagged at his head.

Questions, questions, and more questions confronted Zadann, it was morally impossible to answer them as he was sought on watching Shadow hover in the black air as if by levitation. What? Everyone was taken on missions? Not likely as Luke had been able to come to the ship at a short short-notice. To frantic? Not possible as it seemed, the Order; not personally between Zadann and Zazarine, had sent the most arrogant bastard to fill the position. Are there to many dead or fallen? Possible choice, many battles and raids had been placed on the New Jedi Order, therefore they might have just sent anyone within a grasp reach of Shadow to confront the problem and go toe to toe with those left or lost on it.

His mysterious trance only ended as someone- at first he couldn't tell, grabbed his personal attention. "Well?" It took him by total surprise, his eyes narrowed as he turned to see the voice. For the first time he finally heard the one person he had assumed a deadly assassin. He speaks funny. Zadann yet had another remark for yet another rag-tag teammate on this second apparel of a striketeam." Well what?" Without even thinking he blurted the words out, he really didn't know what had happened since the time he had spaced out into the depths of a planet and right then where he was standing.

The Manalorian seemed to be fixing his helmet with a multi-tool belt. Hmm... He fixes things, that could be useful. As thought, Zadann was planning. If he planned right he could gather allies, and then the mission would go smoothly under his order. That lust was not a form of greed, it was one of wanting to stay alive. I don't believe in any Force, we all die; the Force doesn't remain forever in our bones. Our bones will just be instrumental tooth picks one day- we're just the commoners. The thoughts came flowing, and after this one he gave a vicious stare to Zazarine for no apparent reason. After that he remained silent and began to get pulled back into the moon Shadow, yet part of his soul was still in the physical realm. This- just in case he got a response.

As his gaze became unfocused he started to vision of his time before this. His time as a Imperial Mission officer, along with other special missions he had to complete. One of those missions pertained to finding a Bounty, all because the Jedi couldn't. Still- even with his control he wasn't able to stop himself from killing the man he was to capture. That failure marked his left side as one clean shaven slash had been sliced across some of his scales- of course from the, after awhile, disorientated man.

Skipable Part If so Choosen

-Flashback-

5 Years ago

Before the run-in with his Bounty

Zadann stood infront of a plain, dark grey door. Windows surrounded him as he, along with anyone else on the Esiner Battleship, were in the middle of deep, dark space. The windows offered only small assurance that there was actually life. Planets below and around it revealed lush greenery or sandy surfaces that would overwhelm the emotions of various serving soldiers as it reminded them of a home far, far away. Moons orbited these same planets, showing there was gravity and it was tremendous enough to hold another circular sphere by its own account. With all this, Zadann

15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    41 ABY

IC: Luke Skywalker
    Aboard the Gilad Pellaeon, Shadow orbit

"M-Master Skywalker?! It's...a real pleasure, sir!" Raxle Bisthto rattled on, rising again from the chair with an outstretched a hand. "I've heard so many stories about you. It's truly an honor to finally get to meet you in person, sir." Luke, still looking out the viewport, slowly, and with a sigh, turned to face the perspiring doctor, shaking his hand.

"A pleasure indeed, Dr. Please, call me Luke, for now." He nodded at Miat Temm, and walked to the podium. Genna Delpin pushed off of the wall, and joined them. Luke gestured at everyone to sit, having soundly ignored the mutterings about who was in charge.

"You all know who I am, and what we're here to do. We're here to scout Shadow, discover any new technologies on the surface, and secure the area for teams of scientists. The Hapans have refused to send anymore of their people down to the surface, and the Chiss have hired a Mandalorian to act as their representative, with there being Killiks on the surface." Luke nodded to the Balosar. "Hob Bob."

"And the Empire has dispatched a representative from the Imperial Mission - Operative Zadann MaRanna. The Jedi have elected Jedi Master Zazarine Zey as our representative, and the Alliance has chosen Gunnery Sergeant Maltrix." Luke continued to indicate the Barabel, the Kel Dor and the Human/Kiffar hybrid. "Lastly, the Confederation has dispatched the esteemed Dr. Bisthto to act as their representative."

"In response to the questions about who is running this mission - I am here simply to ensure the mission gets off to a smoother start than the last one. You all should have copies of the holo-recordings of the mission up to the destruction of YVH-1. The team was divided, and got itself killed. If you discover members of the last team, you are to assist them - but Seth, the last Chiss representative, is to be detained, or, if impossible, killed - he is extremely dangerous, as already demonstrated."

Miat Temm continued. "We will be retaining your ranks, and they will decide the command structure. Sergeant Maltrix will be in charge, with Operative MaRanna as his second in command. Jedi Master Zey will act as assistant for the mission, as to will Hob Bob. Dr. Bisthto will act as advisor. A failure to obey this command structure will forfeit your pay, or mercenary rates, and see you expelled from your respective groups."

"Any questions?"

TAG: HanSolo29, Zadann MaRanna, Sir_Draco, Rally_Fan
    GM OOC: You guys have knowledge of the mission upto this page, and the last post by 'Nill'. No knowledge further than that.
    ---
    IC: Anakin Solo
    Shadow Depths, Corridors

Loincloth intact, Anakin rounded the corner to see Driggs indulging in tea, absently adding. "Take your time Anakin. Take your time." In answer to the earlier question, Anakin pointed at the medical supplies, which were primarily salves and tablets.

"No bandages, Driggs. But there are some incredible healing tools in here." Anakin took out a little scanner, and ran it across one of Isis's exposed cuts - which began to knit together neatly. "I've checked the data on it, and its designed for humans, Selonians and Drall. It's very interesting - the Celestials had no need of them."

"The Gorog have been active for the past few years - they were keeping down to the extreme lower levels, simply surviving, usually by eating each other. It was only when the changes on the surface happened that they spread back into the tunnels and upper caverns. I'm only one person, so we've been unable to keep them entirely secured."

Anakin grimaced. "The biggest problem is that they've captured the Control Room. They managed to emerge in the main cavern - where you were a moment ago - and reoccupy the tunnels in the mountain and dig down. I've

16. Rally_Fan_84

Jan 14, 2009

[i]It was fortunate that Booly constantly wore glareshades, because while his head remained fixed towards the figures up front his eyes had rolled at least three times in the past few minutes. The permeation of ego and bombastic bluster in the room was choking to say the least, and they had appointed HIM as the mission commander.
    While it was true that Booly had rank and experience, but by definition marksmen didn't make the best small squad leaders. While they usually had an unparalleled view of the combat zone and enemy assets, the fact was that marksmen and snipers never lead from the front, ever, which could hamper any respect for his rank with the more bloodied agents there.

Coupled with the mousy specialist that in no way looked or acted Corellian that he was almost sure that would have to be defended on a near constant basis, and Rix started to wonder about what he had just volunteered for.
    Still, as the team leader, it was his business to make sure that the intelligence presented to them was good and to fill the gaps that might have popped up between the last time the holo-briefs.[/i]

"Most of what I wanted answered was in the holo-briefs that were given to us, but there were some details that were left out.

What is the dominant condition of the operating range in-mission, primarily the terrain, atmospheric conditions and ambient light conditions?
    Is there a reasonably reliable status and force strength condition on the Bugs? And aside from the Chiss are there other secondary objectives or targets of opportunity? And can we please land far away from that sarlacc if at all possible?

Finally, what is the current status of comms communication? Is there any chance of inter-team communications let alone ship contact?

[i]It was a lot to cover, but Booly preferred not to have a nasty surprise be sprung on any of them due to somebody not asking questions. A small detail or question might have seemed frivolous at that point, but later on could in fact save somebodies life.[/i]
    [hr]
    [b]Tag:[/b] New Team members, senior staff (Sinre)

17. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Zazarine Zey
    Briefing Room, Above Shadow

He was a very disciplined man. His feelings supressed by the cleaning light of meditation. But when the ranks were assigned he almost bursted out in laughter. A Gunnary Sergant should lead the team? A man not even qualified to lead a platoon was meant to lead the specialists down there? Ranking ABOVE a Jedi Master?

It was an embarassment. For Luke Skywalker. A desperate move to keep Zey´s role small within´ this mission. He made his amusement known in the force. Had Luke Skywalker become a political creature after all? what would come next, a meeting with Daala to negotiate the Jedi´s position?

"Yes Master. As you threaten me with removing me from the Order, should I conflict with the chain of command . . . I don´t know how to say that . . ." Zey broke of. Folding his arm. "You just gave me the direct order to follow the Sergant´s orders, no matter what they might be. Even if they conflict with the believes of the Jedi? I am ordered, at the threated of being outcast, to commit any crime against the codex, should it be a direct order, right?" He said so with an icy cold accent. The recording of this meeting alone would damage Skywalker. It would look like he accepted morale compromise. And it would question his role in Jacen Solo´s fall.

Sometimes you won, before the game began. Zazarine Zey was very satisfied with the development. "Then so be it." He nodded. Would he have had the ability to grin, he would have showed his victory. Then Zey turned to the Sergant. "I should be able to locate the Jedi from the first team, even if communciations are not working. May I suggest something?" He humbly asked. A part of him hoping they would deny him. He did not cared about the chain of command. There was a problem there. And it had been stupid political theatre not to send a team of Jedi Masters and Scientists but instead that crude wanna-be heroes.

They wouldn´t keep him from fulfilling the will of the force. Neither would the Grandmaster.

Tag: All above

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Luke Skywalker
    Aboard the Gilad Pellaeon, orbiting Shadow

"Most of what I wanted answered was in the holo-briefs that were given to us, but there were some details that were left out.

What is the dominant condition of the operating range in-mission, primarily the terrain, atmospheric conditions and ambient light conditions?
    Is there a reasonably reliable status and force strength condition on the Bugs? And aside from the Chiss are there other secondary objectives or targets of opportunity? And can we please land far away from that sarlacc if at all possible?

Finally, what is the current status of comms communication? Is there any chance of inter-team communications let alone ship contact?"

Luke raised a hand to Maltrix Booly to forestall him for a moment. He turned to Master Zey for a moment. "You are an assistant, Master Zey. You have a position to 'assist', however you see fit. But you shall respect the chain of command." Luke gave Zey a look as if he shouldn't push this. The Order were in a difficult position legally - and Zey had to know as much by now. The reality was that Zey could overpower the Sergeant - if it came to it.

With that done, Luke looked back at Miat Temm, who nodded and continued speaking for Luke. "The terrain, as far as we know, is rocky, and there are no internal lighting - so stock up on glowrods. We assume that the Killiks will number at least a hundred - but there will probably be more. The comms are still down, the atmospheric conditions allowed only for the YVH holocom at the time. We'll make efforts to secure proper communications, hopefully."

Admiral Delpin chimed in, finally. "The 'sarlacc' creature is evidently linked to the Centerpoint technology - if there is any there. So we can't avoid it. Though we will be directing you to insert via the mountain top. Sonics from the YVH suggest that there is a tunnel system you can use to avoid the cavern the creature was protecting. Your objective is to discover the Centerpoint tech, remember, not play with bugs."

TAG: Sir_Draco, Rally, HanSolo29, Zadann

19. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Isis Stele
    Shadow Depths, Corridors

Isis nodded to Anakin, after he lay a small device over one of her more worrisome lacerations and the tissue beneath regenerated. Isis whispered her thanks, and then Anakin began to talk. He explained the situation, and as far as Isis speculated was requesting aid in regaining sovereignty over the Control Room. That part, made total sense to Isis.

What Isis was concerned about, she made known. ?Why didn?t the Celestials need those scanners? And, what did you say about the Sith? When has a Sith ever been on Shadow??

Tag: Mitth and Sinre

20. Rally_Fan_84

Jan 14, 2009

[i]If Zey had a sliver of survival instinct he would not continue down along the course of rhetoric he had adopted, not here anyway.
    The warning signs were there in two forms. First there was Master Skywalkers not-so-subtle call for Zey to shut up and pay attention. Equally stern but far more subtle was the clenched jaw of Booly, as well as his deathgrip on the arm of the chair he occupied. He had served alongside Jedi in the past, and while some had been more affable than others none of them had ever been this haughty or outright abrasive for no apparent reason.

The Gunny had seen this sort of thing before in know-it-all junior officers fresh from some military academy. They figured just because they had gone through hundreds of simulated missions in the "field" and through holo-screen simulations that they knew better than the superior officers they were assigned to and often blew them off.
    The bigger mistake they made however was ignoring the reports and experience of the guys with the dirt under the fingernails, the blood and other fluids on their uniforms, the stubble, and the steel in their gazes, all matched with stripes on their sleeves, the noncoms.
    Typically when all of this colluded the arrogant sub-lieutenant managed to get themselves and an entire company killed. Booly had lost many friends that way and nearly was victimized himself were it not for a stroke of luck.

As he wondered who he would trully have to keep an eye on, the Jedi or the Mando, he addressed another concern that had cropped up after a comment from one of the senior staffers, the Corellian General by the name of Delphin.
    [/i]
    "That brings up another point. Are there overriding Rules of Engagement for this mission or will it be up to on-ground operator discretion?"

[i]Hopefully whomever had planned this mission had the memory capacity to remember the lessons of the Swarm War, because if there were extensive rules of engagement Booly had no intention of following them to the slightest degree. His memories of the Swarm War were not glorified like the holo-vids made the engagements out to be and he had no intention of trying to live up to the supposed "Glory" with which his dead comrades in arms covered themselves in as they died fighting a pointless fight in an ugly war that, as usual, was instigated and manipulated from the shadows.[/i]
    [hr]
    [b]Tag:[/b]Second Strike Team, Delpin Skywalker and Temm (GM)

21. Zadann_MaRanna

Mar 21, 2009
    IC:Zadann MaRanna

The known Jedi, Grand Master Skywalker, finally began to speak admist all the chaos. The twisting and turnings of their fates were in his hands. As Zadann listened to his words- he could only but wonder whether he was going to be given a burdon of leading this rag, motly crew of misfits. Misfits with big personality problems, most of which was the 'better than you' mantality that was carried by most of the people aboard the next flight down to Shadow.

After a few well-worded words Skywalker asked his last question of the time. " Any questions?" Zadann shook his reptilian-like head, his scales rubbing against eachother in the process. After all, Skywalker had been very straightforward- even timid towards his own Jedi warrior, Zazarine. Must have issues, no way someone of that power would completely look over him. 'Thought there was a code about protecting eachother's back. I'm thinking now that's just a Bounty Hunter's code- one in which mostly gets him killed.

As Skywalker had instructed, Maltrix Booley was in charge of the group. However, his second in command, Zadann was next in the line. Zadann knew the rage would boil inside Zazarine- uncomparable to even the heat of lava or the cold, blistering snow from IIum. With his might, Zadann ignored him and paid more attention to Maltrix's well-put questions. One's that made him feel more respect for the man- even more behind his act as leader. Big words, Zadann thought the words in his head.

True, Trix was using some well orchestrated words. Each defined and exuberated each sentance, and through-and-through it seemed the man had an intensive training in Galactic language, one in which he had only learned tiny bits and pieces about. Without a response from Skywalker however, Zazarine intruded with shrewed words- these words made Zadann's teeth literally grit together. Yet, as customary, he stayed silent. Some of the man's words were true, as the Jedi had their code. If Trix malfunctioned on that code what was Zazarine really supposed to do? Do what Maltrix said anyways?

Quickly, as if hastily, Luke responded. He anwsered with what seemed to Zadann, as annoyance and anger. Zadann could understand as Zazarine was simply making the Order look weaker than it already was-but as everyone was intent on learning specific details they ignored the fact wholeheartedly. Zadann, a planner, took note of this action... Now at the top of his list was Zazarine; only for the thought that the man didn't care for the team and only cared for himself.
    After hearing the Grand Master's words he gave a quant, simple smile/half smirk.

Now Zadann, as the Grand Master returned back to Maltrix, began to listen fully, still though sometimes glancing over towards Zazarine. However, quickly, another person spoke. A female, if Zadann got her name right, Miat."The terrain, as far as we know, is rocky, and there are no internal lighting - so stock up on glowrods. We assume that the Killiks will number at least a hundred - but there will probably be more. The comms are still down, the atmospheric conditions allowed only for the YVH holocom at the time. We'll make efforts to secure proper communications, hopefully."

Explains alot...Zadann began to scratch his chin as he kindled with the words as if a ship to it's pilot. Sounds alright, Killik's won't be killing me here. As for Zazarine, if his ambitions don't get to him maybe he'll suffice to live. Then another voice almost chirped in-this time Zadann knew who it was immediatly. Admiral Delphin."The 'sarlacc' creature is evidently linked to the Centerpoint technology - if there is any there. So we can't avoid it. Though we will be directing you to insert via the mountain top. Sonics from the YVH suggest that there is a tunnel system you can use to avoid the cavern the creature was protecting. Your objective is to discover the Centerpoint tec

22. WINKWINK

Dec 15, 2008
    IC Hob Bob
    Peleaon

Satisfied with the choice for group leader Bob finished fixing his helmet as the rest of the team asked their questions. Some of them more... inane than others.

"Well" he broke in " I guess since I'm the only one with decent kit in this group I've been volunteered to Man the comms so to speak" He put his helmet back on as he spoke "I'll be sending a stream update back here regardless of whether or not it can get through, and when or if you can get in contact with us make sure I'm not doing anything that will get me killed if you distract me" He turned to Booly "I guess we can figure out how you want to handle team communications on the way down"

TAG Rally. Sinre.

23. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    IC: Mal Judder/ Upper Mountain(?) / Shadow

Running for one's life from something that could literally smush you like a bug gets very old, very fast. Having done this more than once today, four now actually, had caused this particular past time to completely wear it's welcome out. Still, it wasn't like Mal had any other options available to him. Thankfully the giant tentacle monster was slowed down by the outcroppings. However that did absolutely nothing for the fact that Mal had quite suddently run out of room to run.

Fighting panic, the Trooper looked around and completely failed to find any holes in the floor or walls. Great. Seth gets to go down a hole, and I wind up playing dead end chicken with mister giant crushing arms back there. Simply wonderful. Rapidly running out of time, and not having a clue how far the limbs of the unseeing (well, presumably unseeing as there were no eyes visible) monster could actually reach it appeared like the end of the line.

What Mal simply couldn't understand was why in the world did this seem so much like an angry assault by some roided up trandoshan? What had he done to the root creature? Head falling back in exasperation a hole seemed to materialize above him. Obviously it had been there the whole time, but due to the limitations of the helmet's field of view he had simply missed it.

Having found an apparent means of salvation, Judder grabbed his grappel gun and pointed it up the tunnel that was above him. As the hook on the end managed to catch on something, Mal found himself lacking the time to make sure it was actually secure... Well, I guess if I call it can break my fall. With that thought the Imperial ascended into the ceiling just as the rooty thing smacked the ground precisely where he had been standing.

Rising rapidly through a VERY dark tunnel was not precisely something that would be called soothing. Switching on his night vision he could tell that this was a vastly older place than his previous position. Magnitudes older, actually. This made the likelihood that whatever his hook had actually found purchase on holding extremely less likely.

Almost on cue the line started to go slack and Mal found himself grabbing at a rather cracked wall in front of himself. A foot behind him and in front and he did actually manage to keep from falling TOO far down. Even if it did hurt like hell being wrenched around like that. And he somehow managed to avoid losing his grapple gun, mainly because the gun itself had gotten caught on his pack and the line had fallen over his shoulder and managed to wrap itself around the neck joint in his armor.

Muttering to himself, and not really finding any pleasant way to undo the current predicament (especially with the walls shaking from the impacts below and the consequent debris that was falling around him) Mal started climbing. Of course the hook had to catch on something as he climbed, and of course it made Judder lose his grip. Swearing up a storm, he managed to fish the hook loose and draw it up so that it was now connected on one of his rifle straps. The rifles had also caused their share of problems, catching on outcroppings in the tunnel or jamming in a thinner area. Overall it was highly tempting to just drop the damned things, but being without some serious firepower seemd like a suicide wish.

As he neared the lip above him, the looped filament managed to catch on some hooklike thing below him, and it seemed as though it would not be dislodged no matter what he did. It wasn't precisely possible to go back down and undo it as his rifles had now formed an X shape and when he tried to lower himself caught on both sides of the tunnel wall and completely restricted him from going any lower. In truth, he could have completely hung in midair from that for at least a few moments. Until the shaking caused the whole thing to become unstable and then he would plummet to either an unhappy death on the stone floor below, or getting grabbed by the tentacles and then pulled into some

24. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Alec Nephrite
    Moddell Sector, Sarafur, Spaceport

"I'm hiring you to track down and kill the spacers - of which I left a meaty trail here, while I head into the swamplands."

Alec took the datapad as soon as it was handed to him and immediately turned it on to view his target. Callat continued with proclaiming that he would go to the swamplands but Alec was barely paying him that much attention as he focused on the faces of what would be his first kills.

"I want those spacers dead in an hour. Meet me at the swamps. The pad will show you where. Hop to it!"

Alec nodded his head, his eyes still on the datapad while he turned and started to walk back to the Free Mandalore. He had the perfect weapon that he could use. Other then the weapons that were integrated into his buir's armor, Alec had brought a few extras in case he needed them. That included an Outland rifle; a very old bolt-action rifle. It had been in the Nephrite family for some time and it had been a favorite of Sel's, and later Alec's, to use when they actually went out to hunt or did target practice.

It had been slightly modified recently. With Sel apparently taking a liking to smithing and perhaps choosing it as a career with the Empire having been expunged from Mandalore, he had chosen to get some practice in on the rifle. The scope having been upgraded and the barrel having been replaced with one that could mount a silencer were the most obvious upgrades and what Alec could be using.

When Alec disembarked form the ship again, he had the rifle slung across his back, a plan was already forming in mind. He would take out more then half of the spacers, and perhaps with the last two he would remove the silencer and allow things to get loud. Or maybe even get close up. After all, he thought as he started his trip to the location of the spacers, he was also here to make people believe that he was Fenn Shysa.

TAG: Sinrebirth

25. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Driggs Norghar
    Shadow, Deep Corridors

Norghar took note of what Anakin did with the device and with a wave of his good hand and the guidance of the force a small device flew to him. He waved it over his wounded elbow, then his neck, and over the few other wounds he had gathered thus far feeling the energy the matter, the manipulation spread and change the wounds. Drawing the flesh together, speeding cell regineration through unknown means, and most likely acting with a mild anticeptic to keep the wounds clean.

Feeling the pressure build he undid the pressure bandages and let them, and the now exuded bacta gel fall to the ground with a disjointed 'schblopt'. He moved his arm experimentally before pulling out his med kit and emptying the contents repacked it quickly with the present medical tablet and salves of supplies present, adding the scanner he used to his bandolear in the pocket that had once housed his lightsaber.

Isis had brought up a good question, something even the scientist could appreciate from a purely socialogical, biological, and technological standpoint. In fact he had turned on the audio recording feature shortly after 'Anakin' had started his monologue, to be recorded on his datapad, some things needed to be known even if they died in the next attempt for whatever happened. If anyone found the pad someday that is.

The answer would answer one of the newest and first archiological questions ever posited about the Celestials, why no one had ever found any remains besides those of Corellians, Selonians, and Drall in the ruins and tunnels.

Anakin had picked up a lightsaber, a new one, different than his old one. Not surprising for someone who was but was not Anakin, especially considering he remembered the sensations of cremation, now that would change a man. "I have only two questions to add, for the moment, and yes I will help you most likely either way. One, is there a way the knowledge of this technology could be downloaded usably into my brain or a pad that I could carry? Two, who is this we you mentioned about before we came?"

TAG: Nick, Sinre

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.