42 years of debate: The Anniversary of the first Moon Landing

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Lexi_Mayn, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lexi_Mayn Jedi Master

star 1
    Hi everyone! As today is the forty-second anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing (or moon landing hoax for our skeptics), I decided that now is as good a time as any to start talking about it again. Since we're likely to wind up in at least one heated debate about whether or not this event took place, may I invite our posters to remember Wheaton's Law.
  2. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    We have done this to death. I don't think people are going to contribute to this.
  3. SuperWatto Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Aw.
    You forgot Wheaton's Law already.
  4. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    I always thought Wheaton's Law was "SHUT UP, WESLEY!"
  5. Darth_Yuthura Jedi Master

star 4
    This has not only been debated, but so much that it's been 'done to death?' I'm surprised the subject even survived that long with this crowd of educated people.
  6. DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus

star 6
    What I've always wondered is why it matters. I mean, for any moon hoaxers out there: we went to the moon. Get over it.

But my question is, why are they so passionate about the idea that we didn't? Is it just a sense of superiority, and satisfaction that they've seen through the lies that the "sheeple" just accept? Other than personal vindication, what would be gained by them if it actually did turn out that the Apollo landing was faked?
  7. Lexi_Mayn Jedi Master

star 1
    That's kind of how I feel about it, but I'm also the one that the older moon hoaxers call to ask questions. It kind of makes the issue a personal thing for me. But if we don't want to debate it, why not muse about the event itself? I think it's pretty awesome that the on-board computer had less computing power than my graphing calculator.
  8. Raven Administrator Emeritus

star 6

The moon landings definitely happened.

What they don't tell you is that the moon landings were actually commando operations sent to destroy the secret Nazi Communist bases operating on the moon building nuclear missiles to strike down at earth filled to the brim with genetically enhanced Stormtroopers and only the brave heroics of the American super soldiers Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin were able to kill the legion of Hitler/Stalin hybrid clones being grown on the dark side of the moon for the purpose of destroying all free life on earth.

Why does everyone forget that all-important second part?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.