main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV 43 hour Galaxies Fest

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cbielich, Aug 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbielich

cbielich Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    You heard!!!! Its here!!!!
    I am proposing to host at my home from Friday 7:00PM through Sunday 3:00PM Galaxies all day and all night. Bring your PJ's and don?t worry about showering or shaving cause we're doing this hardcore gamer style. Bring your own money for food and drinks. I do have a BBQ pit in the back we can use for steaks. Don?t worry cause the wife wont be there. I am trying to figure out what weekend is going to be good for everyone so please start posting whether you can go and the best time. Chris have your wife talk to my wife about help with the baby. Let me know fella's. All are invited and don?t worry I have plenty of bandwidth. Also if someone has a better idea about a location let me know.

C

Let me add that this is not for this weekend, there is no date set. I need to find out from your posts when will be the best time so that we all can go.

2. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    YES!!!!!!!!!
    This is the best idea I've ever heard of!!
    And if I can stay awake the whole time I'll break my old record of 42 hours straight on an MMORPG. Maybe we can work this out for Labor Day weekend unless everyone is going out of town. This excites me.

3. cbielich

Jun 4, 2002
    LaborDay? Isnt that a 4 day weekend, cause we can increase the time if we have to.

Yes this excites me as well!

C

4. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I'm there....... Does your hous have a good enough connection speed to run several computers at the same time?
    We should kick off the entire weekend with a Lan Party... then move onto our respective locations.. I suggest a LAN party cause i dont have my own computer to bring...

5. cbielich

Jun 4, 2002
    I have a computer for you to use Klarc, it's actually my laptop and it runs the game better than my home computer. Also I am going to bring my work computer for anyone else who does not own a GOOD computer (LOL to Klarc). If someone else has extras for people to use then let me know, but I think that Klarc is the only one. Also I have plenty of bandwidth for 20 computers, so dont worry.

6. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    **waves**

Um are the gals invited as well? :D

Where will this be at...and I also do not have a computer I can use....is that going to be a problem..

Okee ttyl

pt

7. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    yeah I'm there!

8. galaxy419

galaxy419 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    Ok, let me just say...

THIS IS THE BEST IDEA EVER...EVER!!!

But, let me also be the first one to say, that we should...no....need to have a back up plan incase c's bandwidth is not big enough for us all.

Can you imagine 6-12 guys coming to a Galaxies party and then being denied???

<<Shutter to think>> :eek: :_|

The results would probably be news worthy.

can we get the unlv lab for a backup????

peace~~

9. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Padawan Travina, I believe this is a guy only thing. It also is to play the computer game Galaxies, which many among us have bought and are paying monthly fees to play.

C, with that many guys holed up in there for that long, your apartment may not ever smell right again.

10. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Yeah, if I cant take a shower or two forget it! :)

11. cbielich

Jun 4, 2002
    Right now we are looking at about 5 guys max, unless we get more, I still feel that bandwidth is not a problem, I checked requireement to run one game and it is way under what I have, according to my calcs I can run over 20, but who knows. I might have to run a few tests first to make sure. So we might have a mini 4 hour night of galaxies to check it out.

ALSO PLEASE POST BEST WEEKENDS THAT YOU CAN MAKE IT, THERE IS STILL NO SET TIME. PLEASE POST THE NEXT 2 MONTHS OF WEEKENDS THAT YOU CAN MAKE IT.

Sorry no girls, my wife may not like that :)Well unless its my wife :)

My home is 1900 sf, and if we have to we can play in the garage, I have access to a portable swamp cooler, that would feel so nice. And Im wireless.

C

12. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    well if i can borrow your laptop, Im there

13. cbielich

Jun 4, 2002
    Yes you can

C

14. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    WHOO!!!!! ANd C, I sent you a PM, write back

15. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    A swamp cooler and a bunch of computers??? Does anyone else see the problem there?

16. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    yeah bandwidth shouldn't be a problem unless we have more than 20 wich won't happen.

But yeah we can have the CADD lab as backup, but I don't think we'll need it.

my best weekend is:

Augest 22-24

17. Aspiring_Master

Aspiring_Master Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2003
    I'm down for a labor day SWG Fest.

18. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    I can do any weekend... Ok here is the consensus for the group here (galaxy419, Inean, and Darthdarkstar) is 22-24th

19. galaxy419

Jul 1, 2002
  20. cbielich

Jun 4, 2002
    Ok 22 - 24 so far is the date that I am seeing the most. I need to make sure that I hear from everyone so please post dates.

C

21. galaxy419

Jul 1, 2002
    Ok, so is it set???

The time draws ever closer................aaand i need to let my wife know about having the kids all weekend.....???..........???

22. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    OK C we need to know for sure today if the event is on or not so we can tell our "Bosses"..

HAhahaha!!!!! I edited something from the 8th page....I love this unlimited rule

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.