main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit 44 ABY - the end of the Galactic Civil and Imperial Civil War?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Jun 8, 2013.

1. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Checking the original article, it states that the "Chamber of Order restricts membership to only the highest (and not to mention original) Imperial and corporate officials". It would seem that Moffs did, in fact, form a significant membership in his government - with the new info from EGTW, I would almost like to see a retcon of the "Council of Moffs" also including corporate leaders like the Chamber of Order did.
    It is also stated that Kaine ensured that the military was separate from the legislative government, which dovetails nicely into Pellaeon's Empire. Kaine also permitted aliens to join his military forces.
    Hmmm... and Kaine didn't see himself as Palpatine's successor - "He views himself as one day taking the position of Emperor, not of the Imperial Galactic Empire, but of the New Galactic Empire."
    Yeah, I really think Palpatine had to have been responsible for his 'accidental death'.

It is interesting to note on the Crimson Empire's side that there was apparently a "Diet of Imperial Planetary Governors" that had a token representative on the IIRC, although to only give the 'illusion of democracy'.

2. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Eh, I don't think Pellaeon would tolerate the corporate presence on the Council, and the Moffs would be all too happy to cooperate with him on that point.

3. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I don't know, Pellaeon was more pragmatic - and presumably the corporate representatives were still members of the Council of Order when they decided to join him. (I've always felt the "Council of Moffs" was rather undeveloped and lazy, so that might be part of it too).

4. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    Well, this is Star Wars, most of the big corporations are fairly aristocratic and actively rule territory anyway. Wouldn't the highest ranking corporate leaders (ie D'Asta family) just be Moffs.

5. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    He barely tolerates civilian authority; corporate meddling in government is something he'd likely try to get rid of. He doesn't want yet another set of interests trying to push him around, and Separatist-style corporatist government doesn't have any place in his old-line Militarist worldview.

6. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I was thinking more of the military-industrial complex that was already in place with the Council of Order and had long been part of Palpatine's Empire as well - like KDY or Sienar (especially since Sienar had pulled up stakes from Lianna). With the Corporate Sector independent, he would know he would need some of the megacorps on his side.
    Kaine's own authority allowed him to veto any decision by the Council unless they basically all voted against him (which, even if that wasn't the rule, would've been the de facto result anyways).

7. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, there's a difference between the sort of cooperative relationship the Empire had with KDY and its other big contractors, and KDY having a say in the Emperor's government. It was cooperative, but one was clearly the patron and one the client in the relationship.

8. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    True - but that was also how Kaine did it as well - he made sure that he was in charge and the military under his control and separate from the Council. The only visible difference is that the Council consisted of both Moffs and corporates.