"4th moon of Yavin"

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DruffMaul, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DruffMaul Jedi Knight

star 2
    A few weeks ago a friend administered that quiz in Entertainment Weekly to me. One of the questions was "Where was the rebel base located in A New Hope?" I'm ashamed to admit, I didn't know. (EDIT- That is to say, I knew it was a moon of Yavin. Just not which exact moon.) I've been trying to figure out where this info comes from. I couldn't find it in A New Hope. Someone told me to check ROTJ, but I'm so sure it isn't from there that I won't even bother. So, I figured if I asked here someone could tell me in a few seconds or less. Thanks!
  2. Grand_Moff_Jawa Chosen One

star 5
    I don't recall anything in the movies saying it was the 4th moon of Yavin. All I remember is the voiceover on the Death Star saying the rebels are "on the moon on the far side" of Yavin.
  3. HoopaFett Jedi Knight

I don't know where it says the "fourth moon" but I've always thought of it as being "Yavin IV" and I used to get that mixed up with "Tantive IV"...so, for some reason, I knew it had something to do with "IV"?? I know that makes no sense, but I just thought I'd add my two cents worth.
  4. Reverend_Duck Jedi Knight

star 2
    It is the fourth moon of Yavin, at least if they followed standard naming conventions and attached its position in the system relative to the planet to its name. I don't know if it's ever mentioned in the film, though.

Check this out: Yavin 4 Database Entry
  5. DarthJohnkenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I haven't read it but I wouldn't be surprised if it came from the novelazation. I don't think they say "4th moon of Yavin" anywere in the movie though.
  6. Leto II Jedi Master

star 6
    It's mentioned in the ANH novelization, the NPR radio drama, and (I believe) in Lucas's screenplay drafts.
  7. Spacehunter24 Jedi Master

star 4
    Isn't there a brief shot of a monitor in the Death Star that shows Yavin and the moons around it? I don't remember, but perhaps each moon had its name listed beside it or something?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.