main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"4th moon of Yavin"

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DruffMaul, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DruffMaul

DruffMaul Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 1999
    A few weeks ago a friend administered that quiz in Entertainment Weekly to me. One of the questions was "Where was the rebel base located in A New Hope?" I'm ashamed to admit, I didn't know. (EDIT- That is to say, I knew it was a moon of Yavin. Just not which exact moon.) I've been trying to figure out where this info comes from. I couldn't find it in A New Hope. Someone told me to check ROTJ, but I'm so sure it isn't from there that I won't even bother. So, I figured if I asked here someone could tell me in a few seconds or less. Thanks!

2. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    I don't recall anything in the movies saying it was the 4th moon of Yavin. All I remember is the voiceover on the Death Star saying the rebels are "on the moon on the far side" of Yavin.

3. HoopaFett

HoopaFett Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2005
    I don't know where it says the "fourth moon" but I've always thought of it as being "Yavin IV" and I used to get that mixed up with "Tantive IV"...so, for some reason, I knew it had something to do with "IV"?? I know that makes no sense, but I just thought I'd add my two cents worth.

4. Reverend_Duck

Reverend_Duck Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 20, 2005
    It is the fourth moon of Yavin, at least if they followed standard naming conventions and attached its position in the system relative to the planet to its name. I don't know if it's ever mentioned in the film, though.

Check this out: Yavin 4 Database Entry

5. DarthJohnkenobi

DarthJohnkenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2004
    I haven't read it but I wouldn't be surprised if it came from the novelazation. I don't think they say "4th moon of Yavin" anywere in the movie though.

6. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    It's mentioned in the ANH novelization, the NPR radio drama, and (I believe) in Lucas's screenplay drafts.

7. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Isn't there a brief shot of a monitor in the Death Star that shows Yavin and the moons around it? I don't remember, but perhaps each moon had its name listed beside it or something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.