main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hawaii 4th of July 2002 Picnic

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by mac-nut, Jun 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    Spouse and I will be picnicing at Ala Moana Park on the 4th of July. Gotta get my fireworks fix. You're all invited to come by, join us, potluck with us, or just crash for some great grinds. Will be there around 5 AM to kapu my favorite place. It is the bend of the Ala Moana Parkway road, ewa, makai side, right off where the yachts are moored, at the end of the concrete wall, where the chain starts. Last few years the fisherman have taken up the parking stalls, but we'll be in the general area. I'll try to hang Darth Vader or Boba Fett on the top of our small canopy. We'll be there all day and night for the fireworks. We have a dark tan Chevy full size van. Am bringing the laptop and SW DVDs. Will pickup a 12volt cord so we don't run the laptop battery out.

Of course, I am assuming there will be a fireworks show on Independence Day.

This will be a great time to meet each other. You don't hafta stay all day with us, but you are welcome to. Most people last year just stopped by to say hi and continued with their own family activities elsewhere. We're very easy going. Some folks just wanted to shop at Ala Moana Shopping Center. and bus service to Ala Moana Shopping Center is good.

Bring your parents, relatives, friends, the more, the merrier, stay awhile, stop by to say HI. Teens, this is a great time for your parents to meet us and know we are parents, too.

2. Yoda808

Yoda808 Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    Sounds cool dude, although I don't think I will be able to make it down there. Don't know what I will be doing for sure, but I'm sure it will be family oriented(probably just blowing fireworks leftover from new years). Plus too, I ususally try to avoid the Ala Moana area like the plague on Fourth of July, too much people and too much traffic. Thanks for the invite though.

3. JarJarIsBoba

JarJarIsBoba Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    Sounds like a plan! I hope I get a day off on that day...

4. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    Y808, if you change your mind, come early and visit a few minutes and escape before the crowd gets bad.

5. kamty

kamty Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    Thanks for the open invitation. I'll be off Island at a wedding that week. Hope your family has tons of fun. Beware of old fireworks, you don't know what they'll do!

6. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    we don't pop firworks; luv to watch the Ala Moana display.

7. AquaRose

AquaRose Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    I just wish I was in Hawaii when you guys were a little more active *sigh* I'de love to go to the picnic... but I'm stuck in a FanForce less city. Have fun at the picnic y'all.

8. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    AR, get a few of your friends together, and start your own FF. you can do it. PM me if this idea interests you.

mac

9. AquaRose

AquaRose Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Isn't there a rule on being 18 or older?

10. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    not that I know of, but I'll check and post the link here.

FF faqs, click here

yes, the CR must be 18. That doesn't mean that you couldn't organize your group together, then elect someone age 18 or older to be the official city rep. the important thing is to get enough people together for 3 official meetings, to qualify to be a fanforce. Then you elect a city representative who is age 18 or older.

11. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    She's right on the money!

Anyone can organize events. However, to be a CR, you must be 18 years old or older. If you need help announcing meetings, check out the PI General Discussion forum. There's a thread called "how to announce a meeting."

Good luck :)

12. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    ok, my little fushia car is parked at the bend at the Diamond Head makai side of Ala Moana Parkway Drive. We'll put our brown Chevy van there early in the morning and set up the little canopy. Got the big canopy up, mauka of the Ulu Mau parking lot on the grassy spot between the parking lot and the pond. Got chicken marinating in BBQ sauce, kalbi ribs and teri steaks in hulihuli sauce, chopped the celery, cucumbers, and tomatoes; porknbeans simmering in the pot, eggs boiled, macaroni salad done. just about ready. hope to see you folks

13. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Shoot, I missed it. :(

14. JarJarIsBoba

JarJarIsBoba Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    How'd it go? I missed it too.

15. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    no one from our forum stopped by; don't know if ya'all just missed our van or perhaps you all were too busy with your friends and family.

some stopped by on their way to their own BBQs, picnics, errands, work. others celebrated on the north shore; too much traffic to come to town.

16. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    *gag* the traffic... terrible that day it was...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.