main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC 4th of July at Mutt & Maleficant's place yet again!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Maleficant, Jun 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Some folks asked if we wanted to host another BBQ on July 4th and well since everyone had such a great time last time, we're doing it again!!! :D

Ok same as last time, just post here and let me know what you want to bring along. We have plenty of Brats and Hotdogs this time too.

Also, would folks rather do this on the 3rd since it is a Saturday or just stick with the 4th?

I'll be sending out word to Phatooine and the local 501st Garrisons to come out as well.

I want this to be bigger then the last one!!!

BTW, I am looking into where fireworks are going to be held at in my area as well or we can just do what we did last time. ;)

2. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2004
    Sounds good to me. I'm in! :D

3. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Ken and I are a maybe for the 4th but on the 3rd we'll be bbq-ing in the parking lot of Nissan Pavillion with thousands of other Parrotheads.

4. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    I'll be in CA for the 4th but thanks for the offer :)

5. Isildur_42

Isildur_42 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2002
    I'm up for either day. But the 3rd is preferential.

6. Velvetdragon

Velvetdragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2004
    Sound like fun, but I won't be able to make this one. Have lots of fun!

Velvetdragon
    aka Chrissy

7. PadawanRoo

PadawanRoo Jedi Master star 1

Aug 7, 2003
    wow. A gathering to which I don't have a schedule conflict... am teh amazed... ::sniiffs:: do I smell brimstone?

Lol.

I'm good for either the third or the fourth. Will there be chairs? because I can't play one-man musical chairs if there are no chairs. :p

Also, any objections to me bringing my brother? He's a MUCH bigger SW geek than I am (but he can't make the costumes for crap, so I feel like we're even).

8. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    I'm hoping I'll be off both Saturday and Sunday, but for me, Sunday the 4th would be preferrable. My hometown has this thing where they'll only hold the town July 4th celebration on the Saturday closest to the 4th. So, Saturday the 3rd is when I'll most likely be hanging in my hometown with my buds, watchin' some fireworks. :)

9. yaddel

yaddel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    Ok, we will try and make it this time, so count us in for now!

10. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    You wacky party animals! lol ;)

11. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Alright, time is running out again, so if your interested brought me a pm and indicate what you can bring and which date is best for you by June 21st.

12. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    I can't make it this time around, but I hope ya'll plan to keep R2 on a leash this time! :D

13. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    I will ot be there as I will be on vacation in Albuquerque! I loved being there last time and hope to be there again another time!

14. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    Assuming that I'm off from work on July 4th weekend (I still don't have my schedule for that week yet. :(), I'll be there. I can bring the burgers, like last time, or I can bring something else instead. Just let me know what we need when it's a little closer to the cookout. :)

15. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Wendy, let me know what date this shindig ends up taking place and I'll add it to the calendar and junk. :)

16. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2004
    Hey, has a date been decided, yet?

*EDIT* My vote's for the 4th.

17. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    I would've preferred the 4th, since my hometown holds its celebration on the 3rd, however...
    I just got my new schedule, but it only covers the next week. So the 3rd is the only one of the 2 days that I know for sure that I'm off.

So, right now, my vote is for the 3rd.

If I find out, within the next couple days, that I'm off on the 4th, then that will probably be my preferred day, weather permitting.

18. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Okay guys, due to some personal engagements on the 3rd, the Picnic will in fact be held on the 4th of July.

Fireworks will be provided, however if you were planning on bringing some please do. Variety is very welcomed. ;)

More details to come from Wendy.

19. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    Thanks for the update, Jeff, although that does put a bit of a crimp in my plans, since I still don't know for sure if I'm off on the 4th or not.

I may not know if I can attend until nearly the last minute, so this time, maybe I should plan to bring something that's a side dish, just in case. Maybe chips or something. *shrugs shoulders*

20. PadawanRoo

Aug 7, 2003
    Heyas.

My rabbit broke his back and is needing a lot of care right now, so I may not be able to attend (also why I went poof). Seems like if it's not one thing, it's another, doesn't it? The powers that be clearly don't want me coming to GS meetings :(.

We may foil them yet. Will transport from the metro be available at all, or shall I hit the bro up for a ride?

~Roo

21. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Roo, my house is definitely definitely not Metro-accessible.

Let me know if you want directions via PM.

Okay, roll call!!! Who's coming???

Food, we definitely do not need hamburger rolls, hotdog rolls and hot dogs. Everything else, including hamburgers is fair game.

22. PadawanRoo

Aug 7, 2003
    ::blinks, then smacks self in head:: I just mixed up my places again, didn't I?

I'll let you know as soon as I do.

23. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    Well, I'm off tomorrow!

At this point, I'm just gonna call Jeff in the morning, because I'm curious if there's a rain plan.

24. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Even though there was a rain plan in effect, due to the weather in the DC area, this event has been cancelled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.