main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Waco, TX 4th of July Parade in Belton

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Slave_princessJedi, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slave_princessJedi

Slave_princessJedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2005
    This is a message I just posted to the Killeen FanForce boards... You are all welcome to attend. Toby and Rod - you two are still going to be there, right??

"The Pizza Hut Regional Manager in Belton wants us to do the 4th of July parade. They will be making a float with a Pizza Hut roof on it, which will allow some of us to ride, and others to walk along the side (like stormtroopers and such who can't sit).

We can create a banner for the float to advertise who we are. Since our good friends in Waco will be helping out as well, it shouldn't just mention the Killeen FF, but should mention Waco FF as well.

We will be meeting up in Belton at 8:00 AM - location of meet-up to be determined.

Will write more when I get additional info."

Sunshine
    Killeen FF Activities Director

2. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    WOW Sunshine that is awesome! :D You and the Killeen group are very gracious to include our group.

I?ll post the event to the FF.NET

3. SaberKnights76

SaberKnights76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    Of course Toby and I will be there, we hope that other members of our group will be there as well.

4. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    Rod beat me to it! Yeah, he and I will be there, and I may even be able to get John to show up in my sith costume.

5. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    And like I said on the Waco's other board, this kinda sounds like something just for the folks in costume so Joe and I are going to pass. But have fun. :)

6. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    Ok everyone I?ve already told Toby this and will soon have to say this the Killeen group also. Since Pizza Hut is not involved with the Star Wars license and the manager did not have permission from LFL to use the Star Wars name I?m going to have to ask that ?FanForce? name is not used.

This to limit the liability of the FanForce has a whole.

Also FanForce is not a costumed fan group so excluding members for that reason is against the rules. Example only members in costume can be in the parade.

So if you do go to the parade or anything at the Pizza Hut in Star Wars costume you will be personally liable if LFL?s lawyers start barking.

When we get together next time I can go into further detail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.