main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX 4th Official Meeting

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by crystala, Jun 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crystala

crystala Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2002
    Our fourth meeting at the Spring Branch Library on Corbindale turned out great! We had 27 people attend at this meeting.

Attending: Darth Stryphe, Queenie Amidala, Weaves, BabyPadme, PolloDiablo, Fingorfin, AlexiAlexander, dracula766 and his friend, goldbubbly, Master_Infamous, Pandarsson, Jaina_S_Fel, Moontyger, Brios (sp?), Padawan_Di-Lee , ChewbaccasRevenge (2 people), DellowFelegate, Blue Phoenix aka Tallingollie, Count_Dough-ku, FusionBlaster, bebo_lokk, and his son Luke.

Banners: The only ones we had were 2 designs done by Crunchy. Alot of the people liked Crunchy?s designs, but we decided on choosing a banner later, until we could see all of the possible designs.

Logos: Some of the ideas were the Astrodome with the Death Star on top, Texas flag with Imperial sign instead of the regular star, and variations on both.

If anyone is interested in CCGs, then talk to Darth Stryphe as he will be handling that.

RPGs: We discussed getting together once a month and if people want more than that, they can organize to game more. We would need a GM though. Darth Stryphe volunteered as a GM if there wasn?t anyone else willing to GM the games.

Website: I will be handling that area. I will need volunteers to help with the design, coding and graphics of the website. If anyone is interested please send me an email or PM. Also if anyone has any suggestions for the website please submit them to me as well through email or PM. My email address is crystala@mylinuxisp.com .
    Ideas so far: photos page where we could have photos from the meetings and events as well as member photos; a faq page answering questions such as what is fanforce and what goes on at meetings; a members page with a list of the members of the Houston Fan Force and links to their websites; a jedi name generator; and a java chat so that people can chat real-time.

We also had a questionnaire passed around at the meeting. This will help the officers in planning events and meetings. For those of you who did not fill out a questionnaire send me an email and I will send it to you in Word format.

We briefly talked about costumes and names for the Houston Fan Force. Even though most of what we talked about was official business, it was a lot of fun meeting each other and chatting. Afterwards about half of us went to eat at Surfer?s Paradise.

2. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    By the way, if we have anyone out there that knows Macromedia Flash, I have an idea of something for our website. If you know Flash, go ahead and PM/e-mail Renee.

3. Padme_Dawn

Padme_Dawn Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    Hey, I was there, too! Plus, I got there early!

Misty

4. crystala

crystala Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2002
    I'm so sorry Padme_Dawn. I have you on my attendance list in my notebook, don't understand how I missed ya when I was typing this post. If you make it to the next meeting, I will put you at the top of the list for people that attended :)

5. Briareos

Briareos Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2002
    Hi all! Just thought I'd post so everyone knew how to spell Briareos. :p

Looking forward to RPing with everyone...

6. Pandarsson

Pandarsson Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    Don't forget Sparticus. He was there, as well.

7. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    ha ha ha. [face_laugh] [face_plain] i remember ;)

I promise i'll try to get more sleep before the next meeting....so i'm not so unbearable next time!

8. Vadersnoghri

Vadersnoghri Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Sorry I could not make it, but work called and I had to go in. :( I really wamted to go. Did everyone have fun?

9. Jaina_S_Fel

Jaina_S_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Fun fun fun for everyone!!!

10. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I had a terrible time. All these weirdos were there. Then, they put a gun to my head and made me go see AOTC! The nerve!

;)

11. Vadersnoghri

Mar 18, 2002
    Arrgh, I wish I would have been there, now I have to get punished by Yoda :D

12. Jaina_S_Fel

Jaina_S_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    YOU were forced to go, Queenie? If I recall correctly (and I do), it was I who had to succumb to the horrors of *gasp* peer pressure and call into work. Ant then, after the movie, you held me captive in the parking lot for an hour, dragged me to Jack in the Box and held me for another two hours in a parking lot that couldn't have even been dreamed up by the writers of the Twilight Zone. And it wasn't just me you "tortured", nay, poor Alexi was stuck there too.

But you know what? It was still fun fun fun for everyone!!!!

13. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    3 hours it was, yes. I had a blast! We talked about everything, didn't we? We must do it again. :)

14. Vadersnoghri

Mar 18, 2002
    aarrrgh more torture, I wish i would have been there(crying), All of you had fun whie I was working :) lol

15. AlexiAlexander

AlexiAlexander Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    I, Alexi Alexander, submit that I was holding an invisible gun to Queenie's head the entire time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.