main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

!5/19 Midnight Madness! Who is with the Dark Side?

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by JediFonger, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue-Girl

Rogue-Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    Trust me, going to genway for a star wars screening is no big deal. I think fenway is easier, as its a bit outside the chaotic streets further in boston.

I'm down for the fenway gang, if I'm not already seeing it with the other buddies i always see it with.

2. Rogue-Girl

Aug 12, 2002
    "lemme put it this way, subway/T will stop service around 12:30AM. so for the star wars fans taking the subway/T this is very impractical. they HAVE to have rides. now, that means people with cars (like me) will have to drive them home around 2:30AM. now, i DO NOT mind that, but fenway has NO FREE parking whatsoever no matter what. i've been there a number of times. it's insane. i've been able to find plenty of spaces in boston common for free but you'll have to walk a while. so i highly recommend boston common. also, fenway's cineplexes don't turn their sound as loud as boston common imho."

someone posted that i just wanted to inform people who were in need of deciding btwn fenway and common that fenway isn't that bad, its four dollars for three hours. mega cheap compared to lots around the common imho. plus, its in the theater, garunteed, unless there is a sox game, which there isn't.

3. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    then there'll be even MORE midnight screenings than usual.

i suppose it's simply, go wherever you feel it is comfortable. i'm still going to the common. leave a message here if ya'll wanna see it together either in common or fenway.

4. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    JediFonger

Sorry I haven't chimed in on this thread earlier, but we decided to have our official movie meet on Sunday the 22nd precisely because of the logistics problems involved with a midnight screening. We appreciate your enthusiasm, though, and we hope we can see you that Sunday because, as I'm sure you'll agree, if a Star Wars movie is worth seeing once, it's worth seeing more than once. ;)

5. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    thx. i'll be going to as many screenings as i can from 5/19 through 5/22. =). now if i can only wake up after 5/21. as you can see in another thread i'm doing a complete saga viewing episodes i through vi. =). if i happen to wake up i'll try and go to the sunday w/ya'll.

6. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Just want to pop in here and say hi to all the new posters! You guys should really come around here more often, we do have a lot of fun even when there aren't new Star Wars movies premiering. ;)

Right now my plans are still uncertain, because I don't know if I'm going to have to move or not for summer housing. I'll find that out on Monday. This uncertainty is killing me.

7. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Right now my plans are still uncertain, because I don't know if I'm going to have to move or not for summer housing. I'll find that out on Monday. This uncertainty is killing me.
    Good luck with housing! :)

8. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    For anyone who needs to know, midnight tickets are now up at Fandango. No indication of whether or not it's for the digital projection, but I'm going to hope so. If not... well, I'll just have to go again. Oh poor me. :(

-Paul

9. Rogue-Girl

Aug 12, 2002
    Whats the digital projection? Do you mean like on a imax type theater?

10. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    no, IMAX is also film, but instead of 35mm it is a 70mm so you can see the details when the picture is blown up to such a massive size.

DLP (Digital Light Projection) is the technology used to project movies from what basically is a computer file stored on hard drives in very high resolution. it is slated to replace 35mm film in the years to come (the 3D will help).

11. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    i already reserved my tix for 12:01AM showing (5/19). fandango is stupid to put the schedule of the 12:01AM @5/18 because 12:01AM means you show up in the cinema 5/17 (tuesday) night and wait for the midnight showing for WEDNESDAY! i called up boston common cinema and they said it is 12:01 for THURSDAY 5/19. so there we go!

i hope to see some of you there. i just called boston common at the time of this post and nothing has been sold out yet. i'm going to pick up the tix later on. i'll be going with my co-worker who actually saw the '77 premiere =). i wasn't even alive then. this ought to be awesome.

12. darth_paul

Apr 24, 2000
    I ordered my ticket on Fandango for the 12:01 show. It will remain to see whether or not I can go.... There are a few variables there. But if I possibly can then I'll be there.

-Paul

13. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    PM me for my cell# we have to see this entire thing together, man!

14. Rogue-Girl

Aug 12, 2002
    Alrighty, well I know I am gunna be going to either boston common or fenway...so i'll let you guys know soon if i'm gunna be coming or not! just gotta figure out stuff with moving out of my dorms.

15. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    lemme know. PM me for cell#.

16. Momaw_Nadon77

Momaw_Nadon77 Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2005
    Loews Boston Common has posted a DLP (Digital Projection) Showtime at 12:30 A.M.

Loews Boston Common

17. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    oh man, i have exchange my tickets that i bought on fandango for the 12:30AM ones. that sux. ah well. thanks for the info, i was wondering about that. the DLP version has MORE scenes. so folks i'm going to the 12:30AM showing. anyone care to join?

18. darth_paul

Apr 24, 2000
    Will they switch it off at Loew's? Cuz I'd like to exchange mine too.

-Paul

19. Kaylle

Kaylle Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2004
    That's actually pretty crappy. I'm not going to bother exchanging mine; it's too much of a hassle and I don't have the time/energy right now. But really, hardcore fans are going to the 12:01 showing; why would they save the digital one for 12:30?!

Bah!
    Kaylle

20. Rogue-Girl

Aug 12, 2002
    Okay, I bought one ticket for the 1:30 digital projection viewing at Loews boston Common...probably a bad idea, but whatever. I'll try and make it..only thing is I have a exam on the 17th, and I am supposed to be going out to the bars on the 18th with my bro up here at school cuz he has never visited me at school. I'll just have to change that somehow...maybe he can come up on the 17th or something.

And when I bought them for the 18th at 12:30 it really means time wise the 19th?

21. darth_paul

Apr 24, 2000
    That's correct. 12:30 AM on the 18th means what the rest of us would think of as 12:30 AM on the 19th. The listings make no sense in that respect.

-Paul

22. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    the reason why i am seeing the digital version is because:

"The all digital version is longer, I believed he metioned a dagobah scene in that version but not in the regular theatrical version."

http://theforce.net/episode3/story/C3_Revenge_DVD_News_91660.asp

so while you can goto the 12:01AM showing you'll MISS the this scene. remember when AOTC came out and the digital version had the metal hand come up and grab the other hand? in the film version that didn't happen. on the DVD lucas kept the digital version. i think lucas will keep the digital version of episode 3 on DVD with the extra dabogah scene. an extra scene is a BIG DEAL in my book for a star wars fans.. IF you are one. 1/2 hour doesn't matter to me. the people who are going the 12:01 will miss the extra footage and imho, not enough of a fan to find out that digital version is longer.

re: listing date, i would feel bad for the people to show up 5/17 night time to line up for 5/19 showing... i think fandango is assuming we're stupid or somn. if you look at the confirmation of that they send you it is actually the correct time (5/19 morning).

again, if YOU are going to the 12:30AM showing PM# for my cell# so we can see it all together.

23. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    DarthFonger

Deleted scenes that will be on the DVD won't necessarily be on the DLP version of the movie. The DLP version and the film version are usually identical except for how they are projected.

24. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    yesh i understand the deleted scenes won't be in this theatrical but don't you remember TPM&AOTC had deleted scenes REINSERTED into the DVD? anyway,

ROTS WILL have a different version playing both in the DLP version and film version as noted above by george lucas himself during Celebration 3. Also AOTC had two different versions for DLP and film when it was released. DLP had the gold hand reach up and the film did not have the gold hand reach up.

ROTS DLP will have a dagobah scene and film version will NOT.

25. jedimasterkyle1

jedimasterkyle1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    I can't wait!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.