!5/19 Midnight Madness! Who is with the Dark Side?

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by JediFonger, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediFonger Jedi Master

star 2
    while watching hitchiker's guide to the galaxy with my friends tonight i picked up my tickets for the 12:30AM (DLP) so now i'm definitely locked in. it's on 2nd Floor but I hear that either cinema 18 and 2 are the same size... so I hope I won't miss anything =).
  2. Kaylle Jedi Knight

star 1
    an extra scene is a BIG DEAL in my book for a star wars fans.. IF you are one. 1/2 hour doesn't matter to me. the people who are going the 12:01 will miss the extra footage and imho, not enough of a fan to find out that digital version is longer.

Even as I'm typing this I'm mad at myself for letting this get to me. I should just let it go. But JediFonger, it takes a heck of a lot of nerve to start declaring that people aren't fans because they don't agree with you and/or don't have the ability/time/energy to negotiate trading in tickets they have already purchased.

I'm a Star Wars fan. I consider myself a pretty big fan. As such, when I heard that tickets were on sale, I bought my tickets for 12:01. That seemed like the optimum (and obvious) time to see it. Later I found out that showing may not be digital. Does that mean I'm not a fan? No. It just means that, frankly, Loews did something really stupid (in my humble opinion) and I may have to pay for it.

If you wanted to be helpful, you might let the rest of us know if/how you traded in your 12:01 tickets, instead of just assuming we don't care.

Kaylle
  3. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree with Kaylle. Seeing the digital version doesn't make you an more of a "fan" than not seeing it initially. Hell, I think 12:01 would be the ultimate in fanhood. You're seeing it as soon as it's available, not 30 minutes later. I'm going to see the digital version later, so I'm not missing anything.

And i say that in the nicest way possible. :)
  4. JediFonger Jedi Master

star 2
    sorry people, i didn't mean to sound condescending, i suppose that's one of the limitations of message boards, you can never tell the tone of voice. i never meant to degrade anyone's fan-hood (which is ultimately very important). i apologize if you took offense to that, Kaylle, Prowe, etc.

here's how to trade in the tix:

you have to physically go into the cinema get the tickets for your showing (you can pickup your ACTUAL movie tickets right now) and then say that you want to exchange the 12:01AM for the 12:30AM (digital version). voila, done deal. that's what i did last night. cause if you reserved it on fandango, their TOS says that you can't cancel/exchange tickets once placed and you have to physically go into the cinema to do that stuff.
  5. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    i suppose that's one of the limitations of message boards, you can never tell the tone of voice.

Actually when you say things like, "an extra scene is a BIG DEAL in my book for a star wars fans.. IF you are one.", it doesn't matter what the tone of your voice is, what you said is enough.

I consider myself to be a dedicated fan but I'm not going to the midnight showing. It's not because I'm not as dedicated as others, it's because I have to work that day and can't afford to miss a day of work just to see the movie at the very first showing. I can wait the extra few days to see it on Saturday.
  6. JediFonger Jedi Master

star 2
    i don't see why it's such a big deal mincing words, but i've already apologized.

i'm going to the 12:30AM showing, whoever's coming let's all getogether and watch the movie.
  7. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    I appreciate your apology Fonger. Regardless of your intentions, I'm pretty sure those words came across offensively to pretty much everyone who read them. ;) I think we can all move on from that now.

I'm sorry to hear about the frustration and confusion with the digital showing. I'm going a little crazy myself, waiting to hear about summer housing today. And research funding. Bah! Stupid details. However, I hope all your respective situations work out. I encourage you all to get together if you know you're going to the same showing by exchanging cell numbers, etc. It's so much more fun to see this in a group than on your own. :)
  8. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Just heard a little ROTS news on Howard Stern. I guess Bai Ling has released a statement that her role in ROTS has been completely edited from the final print. According to her, the reason her scenes were removed was due to her appearance in the May issue of Playboy magazine. Kind of an odd decision considering she just appeared at C3 signing autographs.
  9. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    LFL is claiming that she was cut over a year ago, so I don't know what to believe. I feel really bad for her though, she's a very beautiful and kind person and was genuinely upset about being cut from the film. I'm very glad I got to meet her though.
  10. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    That's very weird. If her scenes were in fact cut about a year ago, why have her at C3 and continue to show images of her from the movie? The most recent issue of SW Insider features a story of the costumes of C3 and a fairly large picture of Ms. Ling appears in the article.
  11. headstomp Jedi Padawan

Maybe this was posted before but im not to sure but anyways you know they might release something earlier than the 12:01 shows.

They did this before and might do it again.

I still have tix stubs for the matrix 2 that opened up two hours earlier on that weds night for randolph.

Im holdingout that this might happen again. Now I know Lucas can be tough on release dates but nowadays its anything to make a buck.
    All the hard core fans will buy up the 12:01am times weeks in advance than all of a studden BAM theres an 10 or 11 oclock show which sells out also.

just a side note people
    it might not even happen
    but it could becuase it happen with other flicks. Ill bet it will happen again.
  12. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    That is a shame about Bai, she's very cool. I was happy she was there so I could meet someone that was in Sky Captain :)
    I'm glad that whole "fan" thing got resolved. That's something that really bugs me when people imply you're not a "true fan" because you don't do this or that. It's all in the heart :)
    Gosh, I hope the charity screening is done in the DLP theatres or I might have to go see it again. ;)
    And then the IMAX version will be different, so I'll have to go see that too.
  13. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't wait for the IMAX version. What's even better is that there's one closer to me in Reading, so I don't have to drive all the way into Boston again to see it.
  14. darth_paul Force Ghost

star 5
    The IMAX version may not be different, actually. AotC was cut down because IMAX equipment could only do films for two hours in 2003; if I am not misaken, this has been taken car of, so we may see the full, uncut version.

-Paul
  15. OldjediMasterYoda Jedi Master

star 1
    if you read Rinzler's behind the scenes book, it mentions that her scene was ultimately cut in editing almost a year ago, I believe November of 2004 was the dat in the book, she was very cool, but alas this type of film goes through many edits before we see the final one
  16. Momaw_Nadon77 Jedi Padawan

I've decided to see the 12:01 showing at Boston Common. If anyone is interested, I still have 5 tickets to the sold out AMC Fenway 12:01 showing. I bought them at $9.50 per ticket, and would be willing to sell them at that value.
  17. JediFonger Jedi Master

star 2
    if anyone's going to the 12:30AM DLP showing @Boston Common, PM me.
  18. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't know if anyone else had read this yet, but there's a story posted on the tf.n homepage saying that ROTS will NOT be coming to IMAX theaters anytime soon if at all.
  19. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    I hope they can find the time to edit RotS for the IMAX format at some point. It doesn't even have to be anytime soon, but it would be great to see this movie on their super-sized screen and hear it through the intense audio system they have [face_hypnotized].
  20. JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Master

star 2
    I STILL HAVE NOT BOUGHT MY TIXS !!!!! hehehehe

I am such a fan ... I am TROOPING MIDNIGHT RELEASE to allow OTHERS to get a seat and enjoy seeing me in costume..

I will most likely wait to see the movie with the girlfriend when she comes back from MAINE. Im that kind of BF lol

but YES I HAVE READ THE BOOK. and it ROCKS !!!!!!!

Justin .. p.s. I will be at FENWAY one ... with ECHO BASE MEMBERS IN COSTUME...
  21. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Judging from the interview with Rick M they posted, there will never be an IMAX version :(
  22. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    As much as I would love to see RotS in IMAX, the 3D versions that will start rolling out next year will make up for it IMO.
  23. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    They're not supposed to start rolling til '07.
    Nice sig quote, JO :) I started replaying Jedi Academy the other day, hehe.
  24. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    They're not supposed to start rolling til '07.

Ohhhhh :oops:! I thought that they were starting up next year. Guess my post was fueled more by wishfull thinking than factual information [face_blush].

Nice sig quote, JO

Thanks! I just started playing again a few weeks ago myself and when Kyle said it to Jaden it just kinda stuck. Which came in handy since I was trying to think of a new sig anyway ;). I've already gone through and followed the light-side path, now I'm starting over on a harder skill level and I'm going to follow the dark-side [face_devil].
  25. Mist1024 Force Ghost

star 2
    Anyhoo, I think all the midnight showings for the Fenway 13, the Boston Common and the Randolph theater are sold out.

So, I am pretty sure there will be plenty of people in all three theaters.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.