main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga .5 BBY- pre-ANH (Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie)- WIP

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by leapylion3, Jul 25, 2011.

1. leapylion3

leapylion3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2011
    Gonna take a short break from this story, because I REALLY want to finish Where it all Began (http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/31838303/p1)
    Please bear with me here! [face_praying]

2. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Leia's poor cousin! [face_laugh] Leia, shame on you for dragging him into this! [face_shame_on_you] It's your own fault for going to the party in the first place.

3. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    But you gotta love her! ;)
    Thanks! :D

4. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011

5. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    You kids have fun! ;)

6. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    Thank you guys for bearing with me here! That break was good for me; I want to write everything now! :D
    Enjoy! @};-
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Sixteen
    Luke
    Tatooine

?There ya go,? The mechanic beams, dragging Arfour out of his workshop. He pats the droid?s dome, obviously proud of his work. ?Good as new,?
    ?Thank you, sir,? I smile back, depositing the credit chip into his greasy hand. With his fluffy white hair, small round nose, short stature, stubby fingers and beer belly, Cedgent Thraant quite resembles an Ugnaught. I can tell Savannah notices, too, just by her expression; she?s trying not to laugh. She always bites her lips and crinkles her eyes at the corner when she tries not to laugh.
    ?How long are you two together?? He asks conversationally, helping Savannah and I lift the astromech back into the landspeeder.
    I shrug. ?Who?s counting??
    ?A month,? My girlfriend answers confidently, a smile lighting up her pretty face.
    The mechanic nods. ?Newlyweds, huh??
    ?What?!? I exclaim, almost dropping Arfour. ?We-we?re not-? Savannah shoots me a warning look, her jaw clenching.
    The older man holds up his hand, a knowing smile on his face. ?My mistake,? Lightlan leaves us to retrieve her satchel she left in the shop. ?I suggest you hold onto her,? Thraant winks. ?She?s a keeper,? He holds onto his belt, spins on his heel and walks back into his workshop.
    I wonder what he meant by that. Sure, she?s a great girl, but?I dunno. I suppose it was just a weird comment to be made by a stranger. He just met us, for Kriff sake.
    ?You awake?? Savannah teases, snapping her fingers in my face.
    ?Wha-? Uh, yeah, yeah. I?m fine,?
    She raises an eyebrow at me. ?You sure? You look kinda pale,? The Corellian crosses her arms over her chest and studies me.
    I pinch the bridge of my nose in frustration. ?I just-um, let?s go get a drink, okay? My treat.?

We re-enter the dingy cantina, the smell not as bad the second time around. Still pretty bad, of course. But it?s more tolerable this time. Savannah and I walk up to the bar and order a couple of drinks. I throw my head back and down a few shots of whisky, the alcohol burning my throat. ?Luke, you might want to stop drinking soon,? My girlfriend winces as I down my fourth shot.
    ?I guess you?re right,? I sigh, slurring ever so slightly. My vision turns somewhat blurry, the strong alcohol clouding my inhibitions.
    ?Hey, pretty lady,? A tall, buff man sidles up between Savannah and I. ?Can I buy you a drink?? He smiles at her, his white teeth glistening.
    ?I dunno,? Lightlan mutters. ?Can you?? I hide my smile behind my hand and turn away from the two. She?s got some sass, that Corellian.
    ?May I?? The older man rephrases his question, obviously a bit annoyed.
    ?No thanks,?
    He raises a dark eyebrow at her. ?No??
    ?Are you deaf?? Savannah snaps, tightly holding onto her bottle of ale. ?I said no,?
    ?How come??
    ?Look, I?m flattered, but I?m not interested, alright?? She tells him, much calmer this time. ?And I have a boyfriend,? The Corellian adds, taking a sip of her ale.
    ?This guy?? The man asks in disbelief, jerking a thumb towards me.
    ?Hey,? I wave. ?I?m Luke,? I extend my hand, but he just slaps it away.
    ?I don?t care,? He shakes his head, his breath smelling heavily of vodka.
    ?Figured as much,? I murmur, running my finger along the rim of my shot glass. ?Sir, I think you?ve had a bit too much to drink,? I declare, trying to pull him away from my girlfriend as he makes a move on her.
    ?Who are you to tell me that?? He hiccups, bumping his hip against the bar.
    I look around and see everyone watching and staring at us, their eyes glued to the scene. I take a deep breath and essay to calm my pounding heart. In one swift movement, I wind up and hit the guy square in the jaw, the cracking sound extremely loud to my ears. He hit the bar hard, blood trickling down his chin.
    ?Luke, what the Kriff

7. HxLlover

HxLlover Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2011
    NO! THEY CAN NOT TAKE A BREAK! They are too good to take a break! They will miss each other too much.. SAVANNAH'S THE ONE BEING AN IDIOT! WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS WOULD WANT TO TAKE A BREAK... WITH LUKE SKYWALKER?Anyways, great chappy. I didn't know Luke could be so tough... I guess I just always think of derpy Luke... Can't wait for Savannah to apologize next Luke's chapter!

8. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    Kate, how do you know she's gonna apologize? I never told you what's gonna happen!
    Thank ya! [:D]
    (BTW, that's not even what happens [face_mischief])

9. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    See, half of me is screaming "WHAT?!" but the other half of me is saying, "Eh. She's okay, but Mara is his soul mate!"

And as for Luke and his barfight... He could have used a good dose of Yoda screaming "Control, control, you must learn control!" right about then.

10. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    Yoda would be a cool addition to this... :p
    Thank you! [face_peace]

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Savannah sure knows how to kick a dude when he's down - :p if I didn't know sweet, wonderful Mara was his real soulmate, I'd be bummed. ;) But still, there are plenty of fangirls around hwo would like to ... comfort and console a certain someone LOL

[face_mischief]

Huggles!!!!

12. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    LOL thank you! :*

13. LeiaAndHan

LeiaAndHan Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 22, 2011
    Luke'd better leave the bar fights to Han from now on, I think. And it looked so good for him and Savannah :_|

14. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    Han's the man! [face_laugh]
    Thanks! [:D]

15. Ridley Solo

Aug 27, 2010
    Whoa...Luke in a barfight? Who'da thunk? :eek:

I'm not surprised about Savannah. :( If this thing is canon it can't work...of course the next girl Luke gets a crush on is his sister. [face_sick] I'd almost prefer Savannah to stick around...oh, well. Great chapter, as always!

16. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    Sweet little Luke has some dark secrets ;)
    Thanks! [:D]

17. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    This took forever, I KNOW! It's just kinda hard writing about Han with...someone other than Leia :p
    Enjoy! @};-
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Seventeen
    Han
    Bespin

The bright, early morning sun stings my eyes as I try to open them and try to adjust to the lighting. I stretch, working out the kinks in my neck and shoulders, but I?m also cautious as to not hit Kat, who?s still peacefully sleeping. I roll over and admire her sleeping form; she looks so?innocent. A faint smile traces her lips, her normally immaculate hair sticking up in all sorts of places.
    Her eyes flutter open, a subtle blush coloring her cheeks when she realizes I?ve been staring at her. ?Mornin?,? She smiles, kissing my cheek.
    ?Sleep well?? I ask, brushing strands of hair from her forehead.
    ?Very; you make an excellent pillow, Captain Solo,? Scmon teases, a wide grin spreading across her face.
    I wink at her and offer my signature lopsided grin. ?Glad to be of service,? I crane my neck and check the chrono on the table. 0400 hours. ?Kriff, it?s pretty late,? Well, for Bespin, anyway. I turn back to Kat. ?How do you manage to do everything in a twelve-hour day??
    She shrugs. ?You get used to it, I guess,?
    I yawn and kick off the covers, reaching for my boxers. ?Goin? to the ?fresher,? I explain, padding quietly to the other room. ?I bet there?s some food in the fridge; help yourself.?

I return to the bunkroom several minutes later, after a fast shower. I?m surprised to find the bed made, and Kat nowhere in sight. I quickly check the kitchen and living room, but it?s empty; the only sound I hear is Chewbacca?s snoring from the other bunkroom, and I highly doubt the Bespinite would be found in there.
    I re-enter my bunkroom, and I notice a flimsy on my pillow. I pick it up, my eyebrows furrowing. My frown deepens the more I read the letter. I can just hear her soft voice in my mind as I read her curly writing;

Dear Han,
    I know this seems really sudden to say, but we shouldn?t be together. We?re from different worlds, different lifestyles. It could never work. Last night was amazing, but it just?it didn?t feel right. Please, don?t take that the wrong way.
    I?m probably not making any sense here, I know. Did you ever just get hit with realization, and you finally know what you should be doing? Who you should be with? I got that last night. I?m not ready for anything, whether it?s serious or not. I?m still hurting from my last relationship, and I don?t want you to deal with my problems; you deserve better than that.
    Maybe you weren?t even looking for love. Maybe you wanted something casual, no strings attached. I?m sorry I can?t give that to you. You?re a wonderful man, and I?m sure you?ll make a girl happy one day. She?ll be very lucky to have you, and you?ll be the perfect husband once you find her. I just know I?m not her.
    I really hope we can still be friends. Like I said; you?re a great guy. I?d hate to lose you.
    -Katrina

My first reaction is to rip the letter into tiny pieces, or crumple it up and toss it out the window. A part of me wanted to ransack the whole damn apartment, hop in my ship and leave this place. I would just forget about her, forget about everything that happened last night.
    The better, more sensible part of me knows to stay calm. With a sigh, I place the letter on the nightstand and collapse onto my bunk. A thousand thoughts and questions roam through my mind, mostly ?why?? Flashbacks from last night enter my mind.
    ?I don?t normally do this on the first date,? Kat breathed, only half-joking. Shivers ran up and down her spine as I kissed my way up her neck.
    ?Do what?? I asked innocently, my lips hovering millimetres above hers. It was a rhetorical question, of course. She responded by tilting her chin upwards, her lips meeting mine.

After replaying the scene several times in my mind, I finally realize something; she?s right. Last night didn?t mean a

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, I bet that was hard! LL3! You deserve a large box of chocolates for that endeavor LOL

Whew! I feel relieved and sorry all at the same time. :p o_O

Like with L/M, there's only Mara - for Han there's only Leia, so as an author and/or a reader [face_laugh] I know you're going: Okay, let's skip all these false starts at romance and get to the soulmate stuff [face_laugh]

Big hugs!

~Jade

19. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    I second Jade_eyes statement that you deserve a box of chocolates for that scene! I have the same feelings about Katrina that I do about Savannah. She's great, but not his soul mate. Well, eventually Han will get talked into rescuing a princess and Luke's X-wing will break down in the middle of no where and all will be well.

20. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    *gladly accepts box o' chocolates*
    I totally agree; it's just kinda fun to introduce new characters :)
    Thank you both! [:D]

21. PadmeMarie

PadmeMarie Jedi Knight

Aug 20, 2011
    HEE HEE
    Codie:"I don't usually beam on first dates..."
    Luke: "Maybe I'll be an exception"

Reminded me of that ;)
    Nice post @};-

22. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    Not even for my little Luke? :(
    LOL good times...
    Thanks! :*

23. Ridley Solo

Aug 27, 2010
    Get over her, Han. you've got a Princess waiting for you. ;)

Well, I'm glad that's over with. Now when are you going to make Han win the Falcon? :p

24. LeiaAndHan

LeiaAndHan Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 22, 2011
    Aw, Han's fallen in love! I'll be fair, I thought Kat was just another heartbroken one night stand... shows Han does have a heart. Great job on this!

25. HxLlover

HxLlover Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2011
    D'AWWWWW... I had a feeling that it wasn't going to be a long lasting relationship... ;) But I hope that Han DOES get the girl of his dreams...[face_blush] NICE CHAPTER! IT WAS A GOOD WAY TO END THE RELATIONSHIP. =D= Ok, I can't wait for the next chapter!!! :)