main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars 5 BBY - The Imperial Fist

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sarge221, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Romeyn Oakes
    Aboard the Blue Mynock, Geonosis

Words flitted in and around Oakes' head. Some fuzzy, some clear. Others barely discernible. Personally, the rancher felt embarrassed. He didn't mean to drink so much. Never had a problem with alcohol before. Must have been all the stress on the rancher's body and mind that drove him to seek escape at the end of a bottle of Corellian brandy.

Now you've gone and done it, Oakes. You've let the crew down. Nice work Romeyn's conscience taunted in the darkest recesses of his mind.

The alcohol slowly wore off as Romeyn sobered up. Grim was back. Caught a bit about the knife being removed and how the kid would need to seek professional medical help. Striker mentioned something to Grim about duties aboard the ship. Romeyn's slow mind digested the meaning of the question and realized what a precarious situation he had put the crew in.

The crew that had saved his life so long ago.

So this is how you're going to repay them, Oakes? Get yourself wasted? Snap out of it! The rancher punished himself quietly.

A word sent a chill down Romeyn's spine. Atomic weapons. They had just been mentioned and Oakes conjured up memories of stories around the camp fire back home involving people from far off worlds. Worlds that had been devastated by the crude technology. In one blast your life and everything you ever cared about could be gone. When you saw the flash, well, it was too late.

The cockpit door opened. Oakes turned and looked. A child was standing in the doorway.

With quiet respect the child nodded to the group. "erm...excuse me...but..there is a problem.." he began to say. "I know where the Imperial camp is...."

Imperial camp? What Imperial camp? Oakes wondered as he stared dumbfounded at the child, suddenly aware that his breath must reek of the pungent smell of brandy.

Shaking his head to rid himself of the remaining effects of a nice buzz from alcohol, Oakes spoke up. Slurring his words at first, Romeyn stopped and corrected his thoughts before speaking again. "You feeling alright, kid? What's this about an Imperial camp? Somebody mention something about atomic weapons?"

Tag: Bloodline, Ktala, Grey, Sarge

2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Grim
    Aboard the Mynock, Geonosis

Grim was glad to see that the boy was awake and somewhat ambulant, though a lot sooner than expected. It bespoke of his innate resilience.

It seemed that despite the incredible level of hardship the boy had endured his life, the boy still managed remember what manners were. It was a sign of good upbringing. Grim almost chuckled to himself at that. He was surprised that he himself still remembered manners after his own personal ordeal, it was something they seemed to have in common, at least on the surface.

The boy looked quite battered without a doubt, but his fiery spirit seemed to shine through his weathered form. He spoke in a low tone, but there was certainty in his voice and approach. Grim only wished his words were of good report.

"Erm?excuse me...but..there is a problem.." the boy began to say. "I know where the Imperial camp is...."

Grim was about to speak when Romeyn, who was successfully fighting off his inebriation with a shake of his head, spoke first, words still coming out just a bit slurred.

"You feeling alright, kid? What's this about an Imperial camp? Somebody mentioned something about atomic weapons?"

Grim glanced at Stryker before he turned to look pointedly at the boy before speaking.

"Do you know the exact location of the Atomic devices?" he asked, his tone serious.

Tag: Bloodline,Ktala, Liam, (Sarge)

3. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Selene Artigan
    Mess Hall, aboard the Redacted

Selene returned Dexx's sardonic grin with one of her own. Of course he wouldn't go away ... of course he'd just start needling Covy, just as he'd needled Selene back on the Predator. She'd mostly just avoided him back then, but now ...

Well, the first thing to do would be to introduce them. Perhaps Solan thought he was giving off an air of mystique or something by refusing to give his name, but -

"Covy," she said, sitting back, "this is Lieutenant Dexx Solan. We were in the same squad on the Predator" Left unsaid was the and I hope we're no longer squadmates. "Solan, Covy."

TAG: Sey, Solo

4. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker (Lana Vangress)
    Aboard the Blue Mynok, Geonisis

Just bloody wonderful!

They had not even gotten a chance to work their way clearly out of one entanglement, when it seemed another came into view. Striker sipped on her 'caffa' enjoying the warm liquid as it slid down her throat.

Movement on her internal sensors caused Striker to suddenly curse, and hit the 'off' switch just before the automated guns went off behind them. "Tugrey!" she growled darkly. Would be rather sad to kill off the little idiot just as they had rescued him. Course, running around lose on a ship, wasnt a smart idea anyway. She snatched the bottle back from Oakes, and took a straight shot of the brandy. She then put the bottle next to her, as she looked over her scans.

Striker gave a sideways glance, trying her best not to look as ticked off as she was. The young boy was standing in the doorway.

The kid nodded to the group. "erm...excuse me...but..there is a problem.." he began to say. "I know where the Imperial camp is...."

Oakes spoke up then, sounding not too bad considering. "You feeling alright, kid? What's this about an Imperial camp? Somebody mention something about atomic weapons?"

Grim glanced at Striker who returned the look, before he turned to look pointedly at the boy before speaking. "Do you know the exact location of the Atomic devices?" he asked, his tone serious.

She would let them talk to the kid. Right now, she was busy running scans, and looking to make sure no other vessels would get the drop on them. She was entirely tired of that game. But if there was something going on, they needed to find out what, before they flew into something else nasty. That other ship, had given them some maps and such. She began to scan them as well. If another Imp ship was someplace close, then it might be better to hide than run. Depending on the ship. Right now, she just wanted OFF this happy rock, but she wasnt about to risk the others lives.

Tag: Liam, Grey, Sarge, Bloodline

5. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    IC: Covy
    Mess Hall on the Redacted

The man responded to Covy's jibe with grace as he sat down in a seat at their table. It wasn't quite the response Covy was hoping for, but she could roll with the boys now and was prepared for anything.

"'Cause you know, I would just love to join you on one of your workout sessions. When do we begin?"

She snorted softly. "I'm sure you would. However, not many of the guys in my squad can keep up with me so you should probably just save yourself the embarrassment and not even bother."

She paused and smirked. "Of course there are other ways to view me in less clothing if that was your plan."

At this point the two were interrupted by the other woman at the table.

"Covy," Selene said, sitting back, "this is Lieutenant Dexx Solan. We were in the same squad on the Predator. Solan, Covy."

"Again, I'm sorry to hear about your squadmates and others you may have known on the Predator. You'll find things quite different here if there is any truth to the rumors. Selene was just telling me that she was assigned to Zeta squadron, which is my squadron. Where were you assigned, Dexx? It is ok if I call you Dexx right?"

To Selene she added, "I would be happy to show you the ropes around here. I'm sure the commander will be along shortly to give you a number assignment and from there I'll know who else to introduce you to. The guys here are just like all fighter jocks which I'm sure you have experience with."

Covy threw a hard look at Solan as she said the last sentence.

Tag: Solo, Xan, maybe sarge for number assignments if you have a preference

6. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    OOC: With permission from Mitth, I?m going to move things ahead on our end a little bit, though hopefully you?ll all feel my approach is artful.

IC: Liesl Bridehead
    Issagra

No sooner had Liesl made her oh-so clever jibe than she suddenly began to feel woozy.

?Is it me or is?is this station spinning faster than I remember?? Liesl said, her words beginning to mush together.

The Ongree could tell that exhaustion was taking over the Human?s pain-wracked body. Liesl?s balance, even with the help of Seral?s support, was starting to go and her arm began to slip from around his shoulders. Utilizing quick hands, Muwa put one arm behind Liesl?s head and grabbed her waist with the other one as she went limp and let the artificial gravity of the station take control of her body.

Liesl was only dimly aware of being taken aboard the ship. With her dulled senses she barely processed the sights and sounds of the interior of the ship, was somehow able to dimly register that there was more there than on a typical ship. The only thing she was clearly aware of was soft sheets that she was eventually laid down in and a jumble of mumbles that she couldn?t pick apart. Soon a second linen was placed on top of her and she sensed movement away from her.

?My stuff?? Liesl said. A primal sense of possession of the few things that she had to her name reached through the fog of pain and the need for restorative sleep. Liesl groped about with one arm ineffectually and slowly trying to find her sack of stuff.

A shuffling noise slid something across the plates of the floor towards Liesl?s hand, which grasped the familiar cloth of her duffel bag. Her fingers held tight to the fabric, almost as if she derived restorative powers from it.

There was a gentle rumble that, even if it had been divorced from the sensation of movement that followed shortly thereafter, Liesl knew instinctively was the sound of sublight engines firing up. She never heard the engines rev up and take the craft into hyperspace, nor did she feel the distinctive pull as the jump took place. Liesl had succumbed to sleep well before those events had ever taken place, on her way to who knew where.

Tag: Mitth

7. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    The Blue Mynock, Geonosis

Romeyn sympathized with the child who had poked his head into the cockpit just a few moments earlier. So many questions had been flung at him in the mere span of seconds that it must have been overwhelming. Strange adults. Far from home. The cold, closed in confines of a strange craft.

Oakes studied the child more closely. Noticed signs of obvious abuse and neglect. A deep anger stirred within him. What monster would harm a child? If this boy were my son and I found him in such a condition I would--No, Oakes. You'd never let your son be taken by slavers and tortured by Imperial lackeys. Not while you had life in your being. Kid's parents are probably dead. They're the lucky ones. The rancher thought, folding his arms across his chest.

Striker was busy scanning and keeping any potential threats at bay. She was good at that. Oakes trusted her with his life. That same deep trust also resonated with Grim. The mysterious man who used ancient weapons and powers that were beyond Romeyn's understanding. Not for lack of trying, however, on Romeyn's part. Their battles in the tunnels of this mysterious world had forged a strong bond between the Captain, the Jedi, and the rancher from Roon. There was no disputing that. There was nothing wrong with thinking such thoughts. Nothing wrong with a man admitting he had friends that he admired and cared for and who would do anything to help him.

Oakes owed these two his life. On more than one occasion.

Though he strongly wanted to return home, to the harvest, to the family, to his old life, privately, Romeyn wondered if too much had changed since those blissful, ignorant days. If he could continue to ignore what was happening in the galaxy beyond the planetary confines of Roon. Put his back to the sun and keep the nerfs safe from predators. Forget about those cursed tunnels. Forget about the Imperial domination. Forget about the abuses of children who deserved a life far better than what the galaxy had destined for them.

After all that I've experienced with these two. I doubt I'll be able to go back home and view things the same way. This galaxy has changed me, for the better Oakes realized.

There would be time for returning home. That was not now. Nor was it in the foreseeable future. The crew needed him and Oakes needed the crew. It was a symbiotic relationship. Romeyn glanced up at the child still in the cockpit doorway.

Yeah, kid. I suppose we need you too. You and your damn information about atomic weapons and Imperial projects. Frak it all Oakes mused as his eyes once more settled on the child and felt a mixture of pity, curiosity, and annoyance.

Tag: Bloodline, Grey, Ktala, Sarge

8. Bloodline

Bloodline Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2008
    OOC: Apologies people, military affairs had me busy past couple of days
    I will def post later this morning

9. Bloodline

Jul 18, 2008
    IC:Kiyan Tsudo
    Aboard the Blue Mynock
    Kiyan thought for a moment before answering. "Well...actually.."he began to say, his voice trailing.

He glanced at Romeyn with slight wonder. He wasn't sure but it seemed to him he was having a slight battle with his thoughts. Kiyan wan't sure what internal demons he was in conflict with but a man with surefire conviction like himself could prevail against anything. After all Oakes look of quiet determination told the whole story, he knew what must be done

The one called Grim looked calm and serene, almost as if he was at peace with himself. How he could be so relaxed after being told about the weapons was behind Kiyan, he personally shuddered at the thought of what those weapons could do to a city...or more. Hopefully, they wouldn't have to find out.

The one who was the most difficult to read as far as emotions was the woman at the pilot controls. She was focused on her duties at the ship's helm but it seemed as if her mind was dipping in and out of memories. So full of energy and poise yet..she was sad, confused all at once. In a nutshell it appeared as if her heart was searching for something..or someone.

He barely if really knew these people..yet he felt as if he could somehow rely on them, a feeling rarely felt back on Tatooine. It was a strangely comforting in a very pleasant way.

Kiyan was unsure of how much help he could be to the crew, but whatever assistance he had to lend he would. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if he witheld information that could be of help.

"Well..to be honest...not really...but maybe the others might know something. All I know is what I have overhead my master saying on holovids...sorry" he said with a slight shrug of the shoulders."I can show you where the others are...I can do that much".

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker (Lana Vangress)
    Aboard the Blue Mynok, leaving Geonisis

The young boy was standing in the doorway. The kid nodded to the group. "erm...excuse me...but..there is a problem.." he began to say. "I know where the Imperial camp is...."

Oakes spoke up then, sounding not too bad considering. "You feeling alright, kid? What's this about an Imperial camp? Somebody mention something about atomic weapons?"

Grim glanced at Striker who returned the look, before he turned to look pointedly at the boy before speaking. "Do you know the exact location of the Atomic devices?" he asked, his tone serious. Romeyn glanced up at the child still in the cockpit doorway.

Kiyan thought for a moment before answering. "Well...actually.." he began to say, his voice trailing. Striker held back a groan.

The kid stared at them, looking at them as if they had grown a new head, staring mutely. Considering what had probably happened to the poor kid, it was not surprising that he would be 'damaged.' As Striker dealt with leaving that planet, she finally heard him speak up.

"Well..to be honest...not really...but maybe the others might know something. All I know is what I have overhead my master saying on holovids...sorry." he said with a slight shrug of the shoulders. "I can show you where the others are...I can do that much".

Striker had been busy, scanning her systems. She had run every conceivable scan she could think of of not only her ship, but the surrounding area and space. She was not taking the 'Mynok' up and out, clearing the area as fast as she could. She needed a hiding spot. They had found some information, but needed some place where they could. She finally spoke, speaking over her shoulder to the youngster. She tried to keep a calm tone, knowing the kid had gone through alot, but the stress was getting to her.

"Look kid. You got a name?.. Nevermind. Look. I just scanned for every conceivable source of power and energy in the known quadrant, and Im not picking up anything. Not from us, and from them, nothing from the planet. We knew there was a base down there, but not for all the credits in Jaba's hideout, we will go there. Are you kidding?! Thats an instant death sentence..or worse."

Striker hit a few buttons, and then turned to look at the others. "We're heading off this rock, while we have the chance. Im not waiting for backup to come find this dung heap. We downloaded some stuff, and we need a safe spot, to sit and let things cool off. Then, there is a certain being on a certain ship I would REALLY like converse with. But there is no way Im going to take my ship to the middle of an Imperial base. This planet is cursed, and I'm not sticking around any longer than necessary." Striker turned back around, plotting there course. An asteroid field was always a welcomed sight. She didnt want to go back to the planet they had gone to. She really was lost on where she wanted to go next. If they happened to find that ship on the way.. that would just be a extra bonus.

"Besides. They might have been lying to you, just cause. Dont sweat it kid." She then gave a slight smile. "Why dont you grab something to eat, and get some rest."

Striker looked over at Grim, and gave him a nod. "Once we clear this place, and find a spot...." Striker looked over at him for a moment, before just shaking her head, and turning back to the controls. She finished her coffee, and then turned and looked over at Oakes.

"If you feel up to it..I could use something to eat." she gently suggested, as she looked over at him, giving a grin, before turning back to her instruments. This was something Striker would have to deal with for now. Right now, she had a responsibility to get the crew to safety.

Then, she was going to have a well deserved break down.

Or a drunk fest.

She wasnt sure which yet.

11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

Grim watched the young boy intently, steadily, noticing how he gathered his thoughts before answering the question concerning the location of the Atomic weapons he mentioned.

"Well?actually.."the boy began to say, his voice trailing.He seemed to hesitate for a brief second.

"Well..to be honest...not really...but maybe the others might know something. All I know is what I have overhead my master saying on holovids...sorry" the boy said with a slight shrug of his shoulders. "I can show you where the others are...I can do that much".

Master? was the first thought that entered Grim's mind. At a glance, the kid looked like a slave, so did he mean'Slave Master' or was he simply implying that his Master was captured by slavers and was a slave just like him. The kid hadn't mentioned his 'master' before, of that he would be 'worried' or looking for him, given their obvious separation. And what 'others' could he be referring to? other slaves perhaps? since Imperials were referred to as 'Imps' or similar appellations. And why was Grim getting the feeling that the boy was trying to get them to go back to the Imperial Camp. There was something amiss here, and he couldn't quite put his finger on it, at least not without further inquiry.

However, before Grim could even open his mouth, Striker made her thoughts known, quite clearly even. Grim couldn't help but notice and sense that the stress of their situation was taking a toll on the young captain-and with good reason.

"Look kid. You got a name??" she stated sharply as she did all she could to hold her composure. "Nevermind. Look. I just scanned for every conceivable source of power and energy in the known quadrant, and Im not picking up anything. Not from us, and from them, nothing from the planet. We knew there was a base down there, but not for all the credits in Jaba's hideout, we will go there. Are you kidding?! That's an instant death sentence..or worse."

Grim slowly and silently nodded in agreement.

Striker hit a few buttons, and then turned to look at the others.
    "We're heading off this rock, while we have the chance. Im not waiting for backup to come find this dung heap. We downloaded some stuff, and we need a safe spot, to sit and let things cool off. Then, there is a certain being on a certain ship I would REALLY like converse with. But there is no way Im going to take my ship to the middle of an Imperial base. This planet is cursed, and I'm not sticking around any longer than necessary." Striker turned back around, plotting their course.

Grim felt that the question of going to the Imperial camp was pretty much settled after Striker's?pronouncements.

"Besides." she added, in a softer tone this time. "They might have been lying to you, just cause. Don't sweat it kid." She then gave a slight smile. "Why don't you grab something to eat, and get some rest."

Striker looked over at Grim, and gave him a nod, which he returned. Striker looked over at him for a moment, before just shaking her head, and turning back to the controls. She finished her coffee, and then turned and looked over at Oakes. Who seemed to also be in agreement with Striker's decision.

"If you feel up to it..I could use something to eat." she gently suggested, as she looked over at Romeyn, giving a grin, before turning back to her instruments.

Grim well understood what the captain was trying to do. "We could all use a bit of sustenance.." he calmly said to Oakes. "If it's not to much trouble, could you whip something up from the galley, it's been quite a day."

That was no understatement. Though they could use a bit of downtime, they were still within a danger zone and could not afford to let their guard down, though a momentary respite was more that welcome. Even so, Grim could not shake a disquieting feeling in the force. The mention of a master, imperial involvement and many other factors did not sit well with him. Thus he needed an other moment with the kid. With a hand, he gestured for the yo

12. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Blue Mynock, Geonosis

The engines roared with life as the Blue Mynock headed toward a destination that only Striker knew about. That was just fine with Romeyn Oakes as he headed back to the galley to whip up some food for his friends, including the kid, who must've been starving. Looked like he hadn't eaten in some time. Anywhere but where they were right now would be fine with the rancher from Roon. Anywhere, and he meant that.

I'm going to change that Oakes thought as he raided the pantry in the tiny galley, looking for particular ingredients to serve his friends a meal he had in mind. A meal that would undoubtedly raise their cholesterol to unhealthy levels but would fill their stomachs and keep them contented for hours to come. Something special from the prairie. Something that only those men who lived on the fringes of society could scrap together in a short time span.

The pan sizzled as Oakes added ingredient after ingredient, keeping a close eye on time and trying not to burn what he considered a quality meal. His stomach growled. Yeah, even you're hungry, Oakes the rancher thought as he deftly guided the meal into its final stages. Time seemed to fly when he cooked. It wasn't something he was particularly good at but he could get by in a bind. This was their bind. A fresh meal helped one to think, restores energy, and most importantly, establishes a sense of home and companionship in the lonely wilds of space.

Finishing the last touches on the meal, Romeyn dished out equal servings onto four plates and gingerly carried the hot platters to his guests in the cockpit, somehow managing not to spill the food despite the rolling and pitching of the Blue Mynock as it headed toward some unknown point. Entering the cockpit, nearly tripping over the child in the process, Oakes announced, "Food is served, ladies and gentlemen. Get it while it's hot. Just a little something from back home to keep your bellies full and your minds sharp."

With that said, Oakes passed a plate to each of the cockpit's occupants, giving them a rewarding smile as he waited for their feedback on the meal he had served them.

Tag: Ktala, Grey, Bloodline, Sarge

13. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

He didn't quite realize when he'd stopped focusing on the boy and given himself to the olfactory ambrosia coming from the ship's galley.

Grim had not realized just how hungry he was until he smelled the meal Oakes was preparing.He was about to get up, but after glancing at their young guest, who's name he yet had to learn, he could not begin to guess when the kid last had a decent meal himself. Grim watched him and his reaction to the wonderful smells of Romeyn's cooking. Last time he himself had eaten was planet side, with Striker, who had actually paid for his meal.

The sound of footsteps roused him from that particular memory and alerted him of Oakes approach. Grim did his best to get out of the way, but almost caused the farmer to trip over with his various plates. Grim felt a spike as he could see plates of food flying out every which way. He was ready to do whatever was necessary to keep disaster from happening, but much to everyone's relief, Oakes recovered his footing, and disaster was closely averted.

"Food is served, ladies and gentlemen." Romeyn, announced. "Get it while it's hot. Just a little something from back home to keep your bellies full and your minds sharp."

Grim smiled and gestured for the young boy to be the first one to get a plate, then he passed one to their always-so-busy Captain, and made sure that he and Oakes were the last ones to be served. One mouth watering-spoon-full later, Grim sighed and made a sound of deep enjoyment. Grim literally could not remember the last time he had a so tasty a meal.

"Romeyn?this is?delightful!!" Grim managed to say between bites. He chewed and nodded his approval with each bite, simply amazed that food could taste so good.

Tag: Bloodline,Ktala, Liam

14. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Seral Muwa
    Leaving Issagra

Whatever passed for metaphorical guts in this woman's species, she had them in spades. The only time he could remember a being pulling a gag like that and getting away with it was when he had his dealing with a Squib interupted by a group that out gunned them like now. Of course that had been a bluff with a faulty thermal detenator inside a place with questional structural integrity. Still, that was a lot of whatever it was that one wants to call the deternimation or idiocy to stick to a bluff well after most abandon the game.

Still he had had to carry her aboard which made for a very trying experience. He always let his droids do the heavy lifting and he was sorry to note that over the years he had let his legs weaken a little, as her weight atop of his own was sprouting unpleasant sensations in his thighs.

After desposing of her body in the sickbay to be looked after by his JK-droid he set about getting them both out of there before both their lucks fully ran out. An abreviated pre-flight checklist later and they were on their way, soon to enter hyperspace and make the ardous trip back to the core - to his temporary home. Corellia.

So long as they didn't get way-leighed by pirates or customs they should be back before too long and he could check his secure comms to see if anyone was waiting to hire his services or not.

TAG: Trieste, Sarrge

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker (Lana Vangress)
    Aboard the Blue Mynok, leaving Geonisis - Heading for Tantooine

Striker mentioned food to Oakes. It was good for them all. He needed something to get his mind off of what they had witnessed. And in truth, she felt pretty hungry herself after all of that. She nodded to Grim. Grim well understood what the captain was trying to do. "We could all use a bit of sustenance.." he calmly said to Oakes. "If it's not to much trouble, could you whip something up from the galley, it's been quite a day." She was glad to see the man head off for the galley.

She let Grim deal with the kid who had still not given them a name. Right now, she had far too many other things to worry about. She heard him ask the kid about something ... what he wasnt telling them? She hoped this kid was not going to be trouble.

Striker meanwhile steered the ship up in a sharp angle, heading for one of the planets 13 or so moons. It also had a very hefty asteroid field. Something to hide in. Something that the other ship might also be using. She wasnt about to start a fight right now... but she would definitely keep it in mind.

Soon, what striker could only describe as a WONDERFUL smell game from the galley. Her nose twitched at the appetizing scent she had now picked up. Even Daks seemed to approve, running around like mad, before finally planting a spot near the doorway of the galley. Striker held back a grin. Daks would get a sample..one way or another.

Entering the cockpit, nearly tripping over the child in the process, Oakes announced, "Food is served, ladies and gentlemen. Get it while it's hot. Just a little something from back home to keep your bellies full and your minds sharp." With that said, Oakes passed a plate to each of the cockpit's occupants, giving them a rewarding smile. Grim smiled and gestured for the young boy to be the first one to get a plate, then he passed one to Striker, and she grinned back as she took her meal.

"Oakes! I could almost, practically KISS you!" Striker told him, after the first spoonful of the meal she tasted. "This is wonderful." she added, as she carefully ate her meal. Trying to not wolf it down as if she had not eaten in weeks. Grim also added his approval. "Romeyn?this is?delightful!!" Grim managed to say between bites. Striker wolfed down her meal, and she waited until Oakes was finished before she held out her plate. "I could use another." she said with a grin. She then tapped her screens, becoming serious for a moment.

"We're going to take a bit of a refuge in the asteroid field, near on of Genosis moons. After I sweep the area, we're going to take a jump to Tatooine. Its very close... almost can walk to it." Striker said with a grin. "Im not a particular fan of the planet, but we need to come up with another place to earn some credits...and to find out exactly what we downloaded. I have some ideas...but we can discus those later." she added looking at the kid briefly. Striker then stood up. "Excuse me..but I have to do something first." she stated with a smirk, as she picked up her rifle. She flicked a switch. "Stay up here. Ships on autopilot at the moment. Just a habit of mine."

She put up the rifle, and pulled out her sonic pistol, and the blaster. Though her security scans didnt pick up anything, and Daks seemed to be acting normal, Striker was not taking any chances. Not after what they had been through. She began to walk slowly through the ship, sweeping each area. Her eyes knew everything on her ship, and what would seem out of place, so she carefully swept through her entire ship, checking to make sure they had not picked up any other stowaways. She would vent this entire ship, if need be. After a careful walk of the entire ship, down to the area that dead ended near the engines, she slowly walked back up. The last thing she checked was task, carefully stroking and scanning her as well, before she rewarded her with a bowl of hot food.

With Tatooine being so close, she would wait until they reached the planet, before she would

16. Bloodline

Jul 18, 2008
    OOC:posting later today. My next two posts are done.

17. Bloodline

Jul 18, 2008

aboard the Blue Mynock

He couldn't believe his ears. She was just opting to run away? There was no fear in her voice, just pure concentration. She was concerned about the well being of her ship and her crew. That was admirable, a worthy trait to posess
    there was no fear in her voice, but just pure concentration. She was concentrated on the well being of her ship and her crew. That was admirable, loyality and duty went hand in hand.

Kiyan looked at Stryker and nodded respectfully. "Look I understand fully. Your priorities are different from mine that much is certain but I just cannot up and leave. If you will, you can leave me on Genosis I will be fine. He tried to stand up but his bad ankle could not support him standing and he collasped back in his seat. There was little to no pain thanks to the sedative Grim administered just a short while ago. It was shocking how much energy just trying to walk took from him.

In that futile effort he realized his pleas were quickly falling on deaf ears. Resigned to the fact the others had no intentions of staying on this planet Kiyan sat back in his seat in gloom. He felt stuck, like he had nowhere to go, but far from where he was supposed to be.

At the mention of food his stomach began to gurgle and rumble in hunger. After all the last time he had eaten was back on the master's ship. Of course, you couldn't really call eating three packets of nutritional paste "food". In his master's words, healthy didn't mean full, or in other words his slaves were not sick so that was good enough.Oakes passed the lad a plate of food and with eager hands it was gladly accepted. It was an exotic dish but it had a familar taste to it,almost like the gruel on Tatooine.

"This is good Oakes. Never expected you to be a cook." the boy laughed slightly. He looked back down on the plate at what seemed to be a vegetable of some sort. He made a slight face and pushed it to the side. Gross, vegetables.

He looked at the crew of the Blue Mynock, studying the facial expressions of each. All had a semi-content look on their faces with each degrees of pleasure varying. Kiyan settled himself in his chair casually taking small bites. The landscape outside became one big blur of brown and red hues as the spacecraft began to pick up speed.

"You seem to have a question or two" he whispered out to Strkyer, not taking his eyes from the window .

Tag:All

18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker (Lana Vangress)
    Aboard the Blue Mynok, leaving Geonisis - Heading for Tatooine

Striker was very thankful for the meal that Oakes had made them, and she enjoyed it. Even Daks managed to snag a few pieces, and was happily eating away. Striker leaned back, as her ship flew on autopilot. She wanted to make sure nothing was coming for them.

And there was that information that Grim had managed to capture as well. Oh yes, there would be much to deal with, once they made it to Tantooine.

It was the kid that made her wonder, however. Why would Imps be dealing with anybody at a secret lab? She gave a short snort. 'Graveyard' planet took on a entirely new term to her now. The kid, who's name she didnt remember him saying, turned and looked over at her.

"Look I understand fully. Your priorities are different from mine that much is certain but I just cannot up and leave. If you will, you can leave me on Genosis I will be fine." He tried to stand up but instead collapsed back in his seat. Guess he forgot about that ankle of his.

She stared at him. Ok. STUPID KID. Didnt he KNOW what was on that planet? Why was he so determined to stay? Another thing that bothered her about this kid. He didnt ACT like a typical kid. No. Far from it. And he certainly didnt act as someone who had been a slave..beaten up or not. What was wrong with this image?

"This is good Oakes. Never expected you to be a cook." the boy laughed slightly. He looked back down on the plate at what seemed to be a vegetable of some sort. He made a slight face and pushed it to the side.

Hmmmm.

As she finished her meal, and took another sip from her bottle of drink, the kid settled himself in his chair casually taking small bites.

"You seem to have a question or two.." he whispered out towards Striker.

Striker pushed her chair back, and looked hard at the young boy. "Look kid...WHAT IS YOUR NAME, anyway?" she asked him. Her eyes narrowed, as she looked him over.

"I dont know what you're trying to sell, but Im not interested in taking notes from a kid half MY age, who hasnt seen the outside of anything. If I have a question or two, and I want to ask it, its going to be to someone who can probably give me an right answer."

Striker swiveled her seat around, to look at the kid. "Look. We find you on a planet gone mad. With Imps crawling all over it, screaming about a secret base..and YOU want us to simply take it at your word, that your Master was simply 'hanging around' the place? And you wanna go back?!" Striker leaned back in her seat.

"There is something... about you. Something that I dont trust right now. You wanna run off once we hit, Tatooine, yer welcomed to it. If you want to stay...we can see. But everyone works on this ship, dosent matter how little the job."

Striker turned, rubbing her eyes as she looked at the view screen. She leaned back once more, not saying anything else to the kid. She rubbed her the wrong way, and she could not figure out why. But it felt as if there was something 'wrong' with him.

She would have to study this feeling more.

And then, there was the stuff with Grim. Yes, there was much to think about indeed.

19. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Geonosis Orbit
    TL-1200 Transport Duraless

"Seeing a lot of chatter on the sensor board," his sensor operator spoke.

Mij sighed as he downed what was left of his flask. Holding the container up to his face, he looked inside as if to convince himself visually that it truly was empty. Yep. He was going to have to stop by his quarters afterward and poke around in his private stash to see what he had left. Sighing, he pocketed the flask.

"Alright, let me guess, Imperial?" he asked.

"The encryption is certainly theirs; I can't even get a hint of what's got them riled up."

"Well I think I have a good guess on that one." the captain glanced over at the Cerean. "You were tracking them right? One of the moons you mentioned?"

The alien nodded his large head. "Indeed; to take cover in the asteroid field I assume. Can't get an exact fix on them because of that but there hasn't been any transits into hyperspace from any ship in the system; I'm eight-five percent positive that they're still around here."

Mij scratched at his chin, his expression thoughtful. "Well, if the Imperials are reacting to something that they may've started up, maybe they managed to snag a few things in all the chaos. A few things that could certainly be useful to us." He nodded slowly. "Bring us closer to the asteroid field and start transmitting. Keep the transmission directed of course as we don't want any Imperials to take notice. We still have no idea as to what kind of reinforcements may be coming in still, afterall. With any luck they will certainly be around and maybe they'll be in the mood to respond and conduct business."

TAG: Ktala, Liam, grey, Bloodline

20. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

At this point Grim opted to sit back and let events play themselves out. He needed to be an 'observer' while he still had the chance. There was definitely something odd about the 'kid' as Striker vocally pointed out. True, Grim could sense that the kid did posses a measure of force-sensitivity as did Striker herself, but ironically, it seemed that both were mostly unaware of this. Such travesty was a consequence of the ills brought on by the new galactic rule, not to mention countless other violations to civilization. Be that as it may, besides the horrors happening down in Geonosis, why would this kid be so eager to return to the planet surface? What was there that was so important to him, besides his Slave Master? Was he inwardly damaged beyond repair? Grim was saddened by that thought and didn't really wish to believe that. A long time ago, He was once a broken shell, young and alone in the galaxy. Despite believing that his own end was near, a kind vagrant woman nursed him back to health. So, how could he do any less?

But there was more to the story sitting before them, that much he was certain about. The kid divulged no real details about himself. He had given them no name, and no real reason why they should take them back to the planet below, and unless he did so, Striker was not going to risk the lives of her crew or her ship.

Movement roused Grim from his thoughts and he smiled at Oakes as the rifle-wielding farmer took the empty plate that sat next to him. "Thanks for the meal Romeyn. We really needed that." Grim intoned, his sincerity quite apparent.

Looking out of the nearby viewport, Grim was glad to see the protective cover of the asteroid field Striker decided to fly the Blue Mynock into. He smiled to himself, silently impressed as he noticed that her state of agitation lent her great focus. Striker maneuvered the ship through the asteroid field with great skill. Grim watched as several large masses missed them and collided with each other, with no harm to their ship. He imagined if anyone tried to followed them in here, they would have to posses impressive skills, since he had no doubt the Force was subconsciously guiding her. Best not to tell her, at least not yet, lest the 'magic' wears off.

So.Their mission was, surprisingly, an actual success, except they needed to get paid. Which would be tricky. Imperials were crawling all over the place. No doubt the situation planet side already raised alerts, given the number of 'official' casualties. Grim wondered how implicated they would be in all of it. Like Striker, Grim expected Imperial reinforcement to arrive in the area. The question was, how large a force and could they slip past them without notice. As for the Duraless?

With a sigh, Grim got up and walked up to the pilot's seat and stood next to Striker. He briefly put a reassuring hand on her shoulder in an attempt to calm her. The best results were achieved under a cool and collected mind set. This he knew empirically.

"So?" Grim said, tentatively."How's it looking out there?"

Tag: Ktala, Liam, Bloodline

21. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    The Blue Mynock

A spattering of plates and many thanks had arrived on the hands of Romeyn Oakes as he turned to leave the cockpit and head back to the galley to wash dishes. The child was in the way as Oakes prepared to leave the cockpit. "Excuse me, kid," Oakes mumbled, sidestepping past the child and throwing a look of annoyance to the Captain for having taken on this dead weight.

Before leaving the cockpit entirely, Oakes turned back to look at the encroaching asteroid field of Geonosis, wondering privately to himself what the Captain had in mind. Her ship, not mine. I just don't like the idea of biding our time in an asteroid field where we could be crushed to smithereens at any moment, Romeyn thought as he emerged from the cockpit and headed aft.

Entering the galley, Romeyn plopped the dishes into the sink and began to wash them by hand. Though the Blue Mynock had all the modern amenities aboard that made doing such an arcane task like dish washing null and void, Oakes realized he needed to keep his mind busy and thus took his time tending to the dishes. When he was done, Romeyn headed to his cramped bunk in the very back of the ship and examined his blaster carbine. New scratches and dents littered the soiled exterior, caked in the muck of Geonosis, and Romeyn privately chuckled to himself as he examined his weapon, each new experience adding to its rich history.

"Time to clean you, old girl," Oakes whispered to his lifeless carbine as he field stripped the weapon and brought out the oil and cleaning towelettes. A few swabs down the barrel coupled with areas of the blaster that required a bit more fine tuning were completely cleaned in a matter of minutes. When he was done, Romeyn gently kissed his weapon and put it back in the drawer where he had been stowing it when it was not needed.

Making his way back up to the cockpit, Oakes saw Grim put a reassuring hand on the Captain's shoulder. She had led them all through that hell on Geonosis and he admired her strength and character. But privately, Romeyn had concerns that any further stresses along those lines might make them all crack. A light on the console blinked indicating a transmission from a vessel.

Hope that's not Imperial Oakes thought as he tensed his body in anticipation.

Tag: Ktala, Grey, Bloodline, Sarge

22. AMNDRAG_01

AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2008
    CS approved

Name: Selena Pavari (Alias: River)
    Race: human
    Homeworld: Corellia
    Personality: arrogant, thinks she can take care of herself, loyal to her friends, kind, holds a grudge to those who have offended her and will seek to pay the offender back
    Appearance: looks like this http://www.scifiheaven.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/SydneyBristow.png but younger, is slender but don?t let that fool you, is 5?7?, 120 lb, slender. Her black hair is in a single braid. Wears http://www.swagonline.net/node/3811 however she carries two holsters.
    Profession: fugitive
    Weapons (Optional): twin http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/ELG-3a_sporting_blaster , a hidden vibroknife
    Ship (Optional): a modified headhunter (standard headhunter with a sensor array and cloaking device
    Rank (Optional): (Knight, Captain, etc.) a former noble but now she?s on the run
    Brief History:
    Selena Pavari once lived a life of privilege as a noble of the Core Worlds. This was an enjoyable life for her. However she didn?t care for the parties and balls, she wanted adventure and she got it. But not the way she wanted. One day while she returned home from wandering in the Undercity, her family was merceissly attacked. She arrived home seeing the Estate destroyed and her family, everyone dead.
    Not long afterward, a group of bounty hunters attacked her. Dodging her pursuers she is on the run and goes by the name of River.

IC: Selena Pavari

Merson. A hive of scum and villiniy. Not a place for one of noble birth to go to. However, this planet is a good place for fugatives to hide and she's a fugative. For two months, she had been on the run thanks to the price on her head. She did not know why, only that her lifestyle was ruined in one swift stroke.

What options does she have? She couldn't say on Corellia, her face was well knowen there. Turn herself in to the Empire was out of the question. The Empire killed her entire family why would they spare her? Now that she thought of it, hiding on planets like these is the best idea. She still had a great deal of her family's wealth with her. She could find some people and pay for their protection. Aftedr all if worse comes to worse, she can fight.

This is not as bad as the undercity of Correlia. I cqan take care of myself she thought as she piloted her ship onto a docking bay. After getting out, she walked through the streets.

Suddenly she felt uneasy. Was something watching her?

TAG: any

23. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker

Mij scratched at his chin, his expression thoughtful. "Well, if the Imperials are reacting to something that they may've started up, maybe they managed to snag a few things in all the chaos. A few things that could certainly be useful to us." He nodded slowly. "Bring us closer to the asteroid field and start transmitting. Keep the transmission directed of course as we don't want any Imperials to take notice. We still have no idea as to what kind of reinforcements may be coming in still, afterall. With any luck they will certainly be around and maybe they'll be in the mood to respond and conduct business."

Striker leaned back, and sat in her chair. She groaned as she slipped the ship throught the asteroid field, and near on of the moons. Right now, she wanted to study the information Grim had found. She started to pour through the information, when she felt movement.

Grim had up and walked up to the pilot's seat and stood next to Striker. He briefly a hand on her shoulder. Striker looked back and grinned.

"So?" Grim said, tentatively. "How's it looking out there?" Striker grinned, as she looked back towards him, she saw Oakes walking forward as well. The kid looked like he had fallen asleep in the back.

Well. So far we're good. Looks like no other Imp ships have spotted us, and once we reach that large moon, we'll be free and clear for the jump. Right now, Im just trying to scan through what you found, to see..."

Suddenly she noticed a strange signal on her comm boards. At first, she thought it was simply Imperial chatter. But this was not on their frequency.

And then she double checked. And the curse that filled the ships's control area was loud and fragrant.

"Its our old friends, from the Duraless." Striker stated dryly, her voice devoid of any emotions. But SHE however was full of them. Anger, rage, disgust, and the strong emotion of simply wanting to blast them out of existence flickered through her mind for a moment, as her fingers played near the arming switches. Of course, the tiny mind in the back of her head told her that if she was to open fire, every Imperial ship in the quadrant would know their location.

With a very controlled voice, she turned to look at Grim and Oakes.

"Soooo. Do we want to answer them?" she asked the group.

Tag: Grey, Liam, Bloodline, Sarge

24. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

One moment the Captain was cool and collected, even smiling and the next she had let out a very serious expletive. Grim almost took a step back as he felt the sudden rush of emotions that poured over Striker. Anger, Rage, Disgust! Grim had to shake his head to collect himself after that spike. It was a wonder that the kid hadn't woken up at that. He must really be tired.

What had just happened? The captain was simply checking some controls, right? Almost immediately, Grim got an answer to his unspoken question.

"Its our old friends, from the Duraless." Striker said with out humor whatsoever. Grim turned to look at Romeyn, not at all surprised at the farmer's expression.

Striker turned to the both of them, and with all the composure she could muster, she asked the group: "Soooo. Do we want to answer them?"

Grim inwardly admired the sudden level of self-control she was able to muster, especially after all that had happened.

"Well?.." Grim began. "We want to get paid, and we want extra for our?'hardship'. But we also want payback, and now that you mention it, we also want to know what the 'kriff' did we risk our lives for. We were used."

Those words caused him to pause, as he felt a build up of anger and bile within him. He had to keep the painful memories from rushing in. No, he would not feed the darkness with anger and talks of revenge. He would not get these good people involved in his own personal crusade, his Vendetta against those who destroyed everything he ever knew and held dear. Why? Why, was everything so darn complicated?

After a centering sigh, Grim continued.

"We negotiate. We make them pay through the roof, especially if the stuff is deemed so valuable. If they don't meet our price, we can always broker it?and if they want to take it from us, well, then we get to have some fun?.but I say we play it smart, play their game and beat them at it. What say you?"

With a gleam in his eye, Grim looked to both Striker and Romeyn as he awaited their responses.

Tag: Ktala, Liam, (Bloodline)

25. AMNDRAG_01

AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2008
    IC: Selena

Selena couln't believe how careless she got. She did not know what happened. But before she knew it, she was hit by something. She fell asleep and woke up tied to a pole in a ship. She was scared to see her blasters were out fo reach. She could feel her hidden vibroknife in her boot but she couldn't reach it.

She saw a male nikto look at her and said "What do you want?"

The nikto turned and said "Hey boss! She's up!"

A male human walked into the room and smiled "Well Selena Pavari. Good to see you. You had a good run but it is now done. We are taking you to the Imperial base on Geonosis."

A duro walked in and said "Boss. We are at Geonosis"

TAG: Any at geonosis. For ship, pikcture something like the Mellinium Falcon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.