main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars 5 BBY - The Imperial Fist

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sarge221, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bloodline

Bloodline Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2008
    OOC: What's up with Sarge? He gonna post anytime soon?

IC: Kiyan Tsudo
    Aboard the Blue Mynock

Kiyan peered his head in the doorway as Grim was in a small conversation with the injured Oakes. At the sight of the bacteria fighting ointment, the worry in the room seemed to diminish considerably. The farmer would be fine, Grim would see to it. Still, the look of exhaustion and pain on Oakes face told him that the road to recovery would not be an easy one

Still, he had his own troubles to face. Better now, to get it over quickly.

He turned to a small screen enclaved in the metal hull of the hallway of the ship and turned on the power. The system gave a gentle hum as a surge of power turned on the external lighting. An automatic voice softly called out "Hello, would you like to make a call? Please put in the System Identification Number whenever you are ready".
    "Erm, I have no idea what that is" Kiyan admitted, peering closer into the screen for some sort of explanation or solution. The system's A.I. produced a massive list of names and numbers on screen. "Of course, the System Identification Numbers are the unique coding of which different planets maintain contact with each other. Which planet are you desiring to contact?"

"Urm, Tatooine, Mos Espa to be exact. Moodogo's Tavern please". The boy responded, as he touched the screen with his index finger.

The azure colored screen turned golden as the call began to go through. A blond-haired elderly woman's face filled the monitor. At the sight of Kiyan she broke into a beaming smile. "Oh, goodness, it's my little man! are you allright? where are you?".

"Achuta" Kiyan said in Huttese with a heartfelt wave.It had been six months since he had seen or heard her voice. She looked tired even past the smile on her face. Her hair was covered by a black cloth that matched the stained black apron which covered her torso: it must be dinner time back home.
    "Achuta to you as well, little one. But do not avoid my questions. I still expect an answer" nana said briskly, as she peered closely in the screen.

"I am fine Nana, and I can't really tell you exactly where I am...but I will be home extremely soon...Is Master Moodogo home?" Kiyan asked, a small tinge of urgency in his voice. Nana opened her mouth to respond, when the screen turned black and shut off. The words 'Lost signal' blanketed the screen before it turned back to the default blue.

Tag: Liam,Ktala,Grey, Sarge

2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: I would say ask Sarge. But last I checked, yeah, he's due to post soon.

Striker - (Lana)
    Aboard the Blue Mynock, Smaller City Starport, Denon

Striker found a what looked like a more 'quieter' place to land the Mynock, this one not too far to a medical unit. She had to be careful though. She knew anyone looking for him, might have thought the same thing. Course, there was more than one such landing spots in a planet thats a large city, but no time to be careless now. She started scanning the vid channels, looking for who would put out a mark on Oakes and why. As she was coming in for a landing however, something else caught her attention...

"CH'THUULA!"

'WHY WAS HER COMMUNICATIONS DEVICE ACTIVE?!'

Daks, who had been busy watching the kid, now paced and meowed like mad, as he went searching, and then found a small terminal. With a loud hiss and howl, Daks took off running like mad, moving for her favorite spot.

With a snarl, Striker reached over and hit a few controls, effectively cutting off all outside communications on board, except the one she was currently working on. Bloody IDIOT!
    It was obvious, they were being attacked, they were moving to a new hiding spot, and someone decides to make a CALL!?!??! NOW?!? She did take a moment, to note where the call was going, and to who.

Striker was doing her best to calm down. SHE KNEW WHO. He was just a kid. Grim and Oakes were too busy. BUT STILL... Striker pulled herself away from the thoughts threatening to take over her already dark mood, as she found a landing berth to safely tuck the ship away. Once the Mynock was down, and her engines off did she turn to look at the holovid.

And she swore again. This was just getting better and better. The automated defense systems were still active. She made sure they were set for stun. Right now, nobody should come up to the ship...Tech's usually waited until someone departed the ship before bothering em. Good. That could wait. And she wanted to check in with Oakes and Grim. But right now...

"KI-YAN!!!!" The kids name echoed in the ship.

The yell left no doubt that she was angry, as she ripped her goggles up and stormed towards the main quarters of her ship. It did not take her long to find the kid. She was angry, furious..and just a bit worried about Oakes, and the last thing she did not need was something that could possibly get them killed. She swallowed hard, not wanting to terrify the kid, but her anger was vivid, and she was doing all she could to keep from throttling the boy.

"LOOK....you are on MY ship. You DONT... go about, activating things without permission." Striker ground her teeth, trying to keep civil.

"ESPECIALLY MAKING A CALL TO BOUNTYHUNTERS PARADISE, SECONDS AFTER OAKES GET SHOT! GOT IT?!"

Wewll, THAT didnt work. She practically screamed the last part. Striker was torn between wanting to keep the kid safe...and seriously seeking medical attention for him, after she wacked him a few times, because obviously this kids brain did not work right.

She rubbed her face. That outburst actually helped, as she felt a bit calmer. She took a big breath, and then started again. "No more calls. I have just locked out the system. YOU want to call..TELL ME. I can scramble the call, so they cant trace it. You just put us in more danger, if someone is looking for Oakes. And you could have told us LONG ago you had folks. I dont appreciate being lied to. Next time,...."

Striker turned away. Didnt want to say something she didnt mean, or would regret. Instead,
    Striker stormed off, heading for the medical area. She wanted to check in on Oakes, and see how bad were his wounds. Now, they had TWO people to take there. She frowned, recalling what she had seen on her screen.

Even farm boys from Roon werent exempted it seemed.

Tag: Tag: Liam, Grey, Bloodline (Sarge)

3. Bloodline

Jul 18, 2008
    OOC: woo! Lana's not playing games huh? haha

4. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    OOG: Ktala, Bloodline; Sarge has stated that he only gets involved if and when Imperials are included in the story arc since he controls all Imperial NPCs. So, if we want to get his attention, we just have to have some Imperial involvement and PM him about it. Of course, that means he's likely to take us for a pretty wild ride. So choose wisely. ;)

P.S. We should PM each other to discuss any such ventures. :-B

IC: Grim
    Aboard the Blue Mynok, Denon

Grim listened to what Oakes had to say while the captain piloted the Blue Mynock and found a safer landing spot. Grim had used a mild sedative on the farmer and ever so gently induced sleep on the man, knowing that he would refuse rest due to his now notorious stubbornness. Even though he was shot, he was still too wired. What Oakes needed now was rest.

Before the valiant farmer fell asleep, Grim learned from Oakes of a local criminal organization on Roon extorting farmers and honest folk. The Oakes family bravely stood up against these parasite, but even such bravery could only go along so far and o further without the aid of uncorrupted law enforcement. Grim bid the man rest and promised they'd look into it.

What Grim didn't mention was, that he believed the attack on his friend could also be a consequence of the weapons cache stowed on Romeyn's ship. Only Oakes had the coordinates to its current whereabouts, so killing him would have been foolish, unless they were simply trying to take him alive, but barely. That could hold true for either group.

Either way, investigating the situation had just become an urgent matter, which was something he'd have to discuss at length with the captain. Things were getting?complicated.

"KI-YAN!!!"

Grim turned his head at the sound of the captain's angry bellow. Something obviously had occurred involving the kid. Something that got him on the wrong side of their young captain. Grim looked down on the chair and saw that Oakes had fallen fast asleep as planned. With a light pat to his friend's shoulder, Grim turned and quickly departed the small med-area and made his way to the ship's cockpit. He reach in time to hear the captain's decree.

"No more calls. I have just locked out the system. YOU want to call..TELL ME. I can scramble the call, so they cant trace it. You just put us in more danger, if someone is looking for Oakes. And you could have told us LONG ago you had folks. I don't appreciate being lied to. Next time,?."

Pausing a moment to see if there was anything else, Grim entered after the reprimanded boy had left the cockpit. Grim gave a look as if to say 'what was that about?', but patted the boy on the shoulder and entered the cockpit, clearing his throat as a way to announce his presence. He didn't expect Striker to look back, as he already knew she liked to keep busy whenever she was upset. It helped her focus and find her center once again, besides, she already knew it was him. All she needed to do was listen.

Grim sat at the navigational console to review their past trajectories as he spoke. He needed to check their flight path for possible leads.

"He's sleeping for now." Grim stated of Oakes, breaking the silence. "He's stable, but will still need to see a real doctor." A quick update on their friend was a good way to break the ice and switch subjects. "He also mentioned something about a criminal group victimizing farmers back on Roon. He thinks it might be them. I suspect it my be the weapon runners, unless the two incidents are tied, which won't make it a coincidence. I said we'd investigate."

Grim grew quiet again for a moment as he highlighted their past landing ports, length of stay and general demographic criteria. The choices were not many at all, so that helped narrow the possibilities.

"We still need to make good on our payday before take care of all this other business. And then there's Ki-yan."

Grim sat back, stroking his chin as he studied the chart. He'd checked for a tracer

5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker (Lana Vangress)

Striker had planned to walk to the back, to see how Oakes was doing...but she saw Grim head out of the medical bay. She turned, and headed back to her ships controls, her law locked tightly to keep from saying anything until she had a chance to calm down. She heard Grim come in behind her, but she didnt turn around. He cleared his throat. Striker gave a soft snort.

Grim moved to sit at the navigational console to review their past trajectories as he spoke. He needed to check their flight path for possible leads.

"He's sleeping for now." Grim stated breaking the silence. "He's stable, but will still need to see a real doctor." Grim paused, then continued. "He also mentioned something about a criminal group victimizing farmers back on Roon. He thinks it might be them. I suspect it my be the weapon runners, unless the two incidents are tied, which won't make it a coincidence. I said we'd investigate."

Grim grew quiet again for a moment as he highlighted their past landing ports, length of stay and general demographic criteria. The choices were not many at all, so that helped narrow the possibilities.

"We still need to make good on our payday before take care of all this other business. And then there's Ki-yan."

At the mention of the kid's name, Striker's irritation spiked once more, as she controlled the sudden urge to put her fist thru the console. THAT, they needed. She gave a sharper snort. Grim's chair squeaked.

"Any thoughts?" he asked...

"Yeah...none of them decent." she growled darkly.

"Remind me to check Oakes' weapon. It may or may not have a tracer."

"Well, SOMETHING has to be on either it or him. The man didnt even get a chance to clear the landing bay, before someone walked up to him. Also...there is this..."

"Striker pushed her monitor so that it faced Grim. On it was plastered Oakes name and face. And a bounty amount. Curiously, they wanted him more alive than dead, so those poodoo idiots who attacked him earlier were just going for quick cash. "I think it's gone more than that." she stated, her voice strangely flat.

"And then..that ... that...BOY...sent a unscrambled call from MY console, to some bounty hunter watering hole over in Tantooine!" she growled. "And right now, I dont WANT to think about him...or else its going to get ugly." She replied darkly.

Striker blew a long breath out, as she slapped to monitor. "Luckily, this is pretty small bounty right now..but I fear it might get bigger. Especially if it has to do with that cache of weapons...."

"Frek! I hate it when Im right..." she muttered softly to herself. She reached up, rubbing her eyes. Medical first. Because those sleemo who shot Oakes might figure out thats the next place we would head. So we got to move quick."

Striker spun her chair around, her mind set only to dealing with Oakes. "I'll call ahead." She stated. "And get a direct route there."

Tag: Greyjedi, Bloodline

OOC: Yes, let's pm and chat about what we want our characters to do.

6. Bloodline

Jul 18, 2008
    aboard the Blue Mynock

Grumbling to himself about the altercation with Lana, Kiyan absentmindely walked thoughout the corridor. He wasn't really looking for anyplace to go, just..walking. He stopped at the half open door of the medical room where the farmer from Roon was slowly recovering. Oakes was lying in the only bed in the room, unmotionless except from the slow inhales and exhales of oxygen. Kiyan timidly stepped in the room, the metal door creaked as he stepped inside the room. The florescent lighting of the room was dimmed comfortably, to help Oakes slumber to be a peaceful one.

Kiyan sat in the chair Grim used eariler and pulled himself close to Oakes bed. He did not have as much interaction with Oakes like he did with Stryker and Grim but it saddened him to see the man bruised and battered as he was. "I wonder what you did to make people want to kill you..but then again, I shouldn't be surprised..not like people need a reason nowadays" Kiyan thought outloud. It wasn't really a directed question to be answered, but more of attempted small talk. As expected, the unconsious man had no response apart from shallow breaths of bruised lungs. Kiyan sadly glanced over the man's profile, from the sweat beads on his forehead, to the bandage wrappings of his chest. To be in pain even in sleep seemed unbearable, even for a man as tough as Oakes.

A hologram newspaper sat at the foot of Oakes bed. Picking it up, the child glanced at all the current events that happened within the last couple of days. Many political figures he was unfamilar with were in talks with other forms of government he had no idea of. All in all, a boring read for an eight year old. He put the hologram on the nightstand beside the bed and returned to his chair quietly. Time slowly passed,the child remained quietly still minus the occasional yawn or stretch.

Tag:everyone aboard the ship

7. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

The ex-Jedi regarded the image Striker called up on the monitor with stern eyes. There was Oakes picture, looking rugged and honest like he always did, and below that was number several digits long. It was the bounty posted for his capture. Thank the force it was for 'live' capture, since the amount for dead was but a pittance. How dangerous could a farmer really be?

Grim shook his head in disbelief and gave a dry humorless chuckle. This was more evidence that the galaxy was on a downward spiral, at least in his opinion. With this, Grim knew he had no choice but to do everything within his being to clear his friend's name. He knew the actual and potential risks this involved and he would gladly take on the challenge.

"And then..that ... that...BOY...sent a unscrambled call from MY console, to some bounty hunter watering hole over in Tantooine!"

Grim chuckled at this, fully understanding the captain's frustration. Kiyan was obviously homesick, but that did not excuse putting them all at risk. Perhaps some limits needed to be clarified.

Striker blew a long breath out, before continuing. "Luckily, that's a pretty small bounty right now..but I fear it might get bigger. Especially if it has to do with that cache of weapons...."

"Frek! I hate it when Im right..."

"Agreed." Grim put in. "That's why we must not be slow to act. We need a plan of action."

It was clear that both Grim and Striker were brainstorming as to how to handle their situation. There was so much to do all of a sudden and time was of the essence. It always was.

Striker spun her chair around, a focused expression clearly set upon her face. "I'll call ahead." She stated. Grim nodded as he rose from his chair fully aware she was talking about a medic. "And get a direct route there."

"I'll go check on Oakes Blaster Rifle." With that, Grim departed the cockpit and made his way straight to the med-bay where Oakes rested. Fortunately for them, Oakes had carried his blaster rifle slung over his shoulder, so it made it back with him, even when injured. The ex-jedi crouched down and picked up the Farmer's beloved blaster rifle, which was propped against a wall and placed it atop a table. Grim rummaged through some cabinets and finally found some suitable tools for the task at hand and then proceeded to dismantle Oakes weapon. Needless to say, he took extra care when doing this and placed everything neatly on the table. When he was done, Grim inspected every single piece thoroughly.

Nothing seemed amiss, but a nagging feeling kept at him. There was a thumb sized capsule inside the Rifle stock. It seemed innocuous enough, but for some reason Grim's eye kept going to it. Following his intuition, Grim scanned it and nothing was revealed. Prompted by further curiosity, he attempted to remove it using his fingers, but it wouldn't budge. When he tried to twist it, something clicked and the right side opened up and extended, revealing a tubular piece of circuitry. There was also some writing on it.

Wasting no time, Grim grabbed the datapad near him and accessed the holonet. He typed the words he saw written on the device and made a search. He got several hits, but out of them all, one on particular caught his attention. Frowning at what he'd learned he turned and forcibly removed the device, but not without snapping it in two, then pocketed the pieces. Just as carefully as before, the ex-jedi reassembled Romeyn's blaster rifle, placed it where he'd found it, then went to see the captain in the ship's cockpit, however, as he passed by a seated Kiyan, he said: "I'll be right back, don't go anywhere." Then disappeared into the cockpit.

Without saying much, Grim placed the broken pieces of the device next to the console Striker was on and handed her the datapad he had.

"It's a sleeper tracking device developed by Czerka Arms. It activates whenever you enter a new system after exiting hyperspace, then it goes dormant again. That's why it's so hard to locate.

8. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Romeyn Oakes
    Blue Mynock, Denon

The afternoon had not gone as expected. Denon was supposed to be a simple layover. Truth was, there was nothing simple about the encounter on Denon between Oakes and the gang that had jumped him. Drifting in and out of sleep, out of consciousness, Romeyn was vaguely aware of the calming presence of Grim who listened patiently while the farmer relayed his information about the local criminal organization on Roon that tried to hassle honest people like his parents.

Then came more sleep. Time slowed to a crawl. Every noise in the rattling cockpit was strange, distorted, and distant. Romeyn felt limp. Could barely keep his eyes open. Wanted to know what was going on. Wanted to help his friends. Wanted to simply come back and show that gang a thing or two about justice.

The sleep began to fade away and the reality of the recent experience and close call with death was replayed in the mind of the rancher over and over again. Could I have done something different? Oakes thought as he recalled turning around and being shot.

Eyes fluttering open, Oakes rotated his head to look about his bunk. Everything seemed normal.

Slowly, and with the movement of a very old man, Oakes got to his feet. Resting his hand against a nearby bulkhead, Romeyn caught his breath and cleared the cobwebs from his head. His ears whined and his vision threatened to go black. He was on the verge of passing out. Bending over and putting his head between his knees, Oakes concentrated on staying fully alert despite the drugs that had been given to him to take away the pain. The pain, that terrible feeling of life sucking out of him. Instinctively, Romeyn reached up to his wound and was surprised to find a bandage. He wanted to explore the wound, understand every aspect of it, but the rational part of his mind pulled him back, concerned about infection.

Spying his blaster rifle where he had been resting, Romeyn checked out the weapon with a bit of a smile and gingerly slung it over his shoulder. The old girl had not let him down. Never would, so long as his finger rested on the trigger.

Stumbling through the Mynock, Romeyn followed the voices of his friends. Unaware of his presence, Oakes approached Grim from behind and whispered in a dry voice, "Thank you, my friend. Thank the Captain, also."

Tag: Ktala, Grey, Bloodline

9. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

With a casual pose, He leaned against the doorway as he waited for the sleepy Kiyan to fully emerge back to the world of the conscious,it was then that a familiar voice, which sounded more like a dry whisper, caught the ex-jedi's attention.

"Thank you, my friend. Thank the Captain, also." Romeyn said as he'd approached Grim from behind.

"You're quite welcome my friend." Grim intoned amiably, turning his head to get a better look at the injured farmer from Roon. "You'll get to thank the captain yourself, she's quite worried about you, y'know?" he informed.

There was a pause as Grim visually inspected Oakes. The man really shouldn't be on his feet, but resting instead. But there was no point in insisting on this; Oakes had proven himself many times over and had shown to posses great personal will power and righteous stubbornness, a trait he wore like a virtue. This made Grim smile at the man briefly. The ex-jedi also eyed the farmer's Blaster Rifle and simply acknowledged it. He decided this was not the appropriate time to reveal what he'd found. Oakes seemed relax and the last thing Grim wanted to do at the moment was induce stress, besides, the matter had been dealt with. A report would be made soon enough.

"We're taking you and Kiyan to see a professional doctor. We can't have the two bravest people aboard this vessel injured. Don't worry, we're taking every precaution to get you both there safely."

Grim's expression hardened just a bit on that last part, signifying that he meant business. Being pursued and shot at was beginning to push his limits on tolerance-not that he was the most tolerant person when it came to such things. In fact he was not, however, protecting his friends and those less fortunate was something he took very seriously.

"?And after we get you both patched up," he said now, returning to an easier disposition, "We'll get our credits and get the kid some new clothes, resupply the ship and possibly move on. Getting a new paint job was in the works, but that may or may not happen."

At this point, Grim stepped aside and offered the injured farmer a seat. Should Romeyn accept, Grim would help him if needed.

"Our priority now is resolving this whole business on Roon."

Grim placed a reassuring hand on the farmer's shoulder and offered a solid nod of support. He could instantly feel anxiety well up in the farmer, but that was understandable. There was no telling what was happening back on Roon, that's why they had to act quickly. Grim paused and observed his friend. The ex-jedi was intimately familiar with feelings of helplessness and guilt. He did not wish for Romeyn or anyone else he held dear to go through that kind of suffering?not if it could be helped.

"Time to let the captain know you're awake." He intoned with a smile and patted the farmer. Grim moved to the inter-ship intercom and slapped the cockpit button.

"Captain, our favourite farmer is awake. Looks like he's ready to rip the ears of a gundark."

Grim winked at the farmer as he hoped his attempt at humor, which he was not very good at, had the desired effect. Half turning, Grim sighed and wondered out loud:

"I hope this doc doesn't ask to many questions?"

Once again, the ex-jedi was thinking ahead, running different encounter probabilities in his mind. It was a habit he coulndn't bring himself to break.

Tag: Ktala, Liam, Bloodline.

Woo Hoo!! :)

10. Bloodline

Jul 18, 2008
    OOC: Finally back home! will post this afternoon

11. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: Welcome back, Bloodline! Glad to see you made it back home. And Liam...I am surprised and VERY happy to have you back so soon as well!! :D Let the games begin!

Striker (Lana Vangress)
    Aboard the Blue Mynok, Secondary Landing pad 12, Denon

Striker said nothing as Grim scanned the holo she had found. The image of Oakes picture, looking rugged and honest like he always did, and below that was number several digits long. It was the bounty posted for his capture. Thank the force it was for 'live' capture, since the amount for dead was but a pittance.

"And then..that ... that...BOY...sent a unscrambled call from MY console, to some bounty hunter watering hole over in Tantooine!"

Grim chuckled, and Striker gave him a long glance. Striker blew a long breath out, before continuing. "Luckily, that's a pretty small bounty right now..but I fear it might get bigger. Especially if it has to do with that cache of weapons...."

"Frek! I hate it when Im right..."

"Agreed." Grim put in. "That's why we must not be slow to act. We need a plan of action."

Striker spun her chair around, "I'll call ahead." She stated. Grim nodded as he rose from his chair fully aware she was talking about a medic. "And get a direct route there."

"I'll go check on Oakes Blaster Rifle." With that, Grim left. Striker was on the holovids in seconds, checking in with a local med unit and seeing who could handle such injuries. Soon, she found a place. Not too far away. But as she reached up to call ahead, and see if they could come to her, instead of them to her, Grim stepped back in. Without saying much, Grim placed the broken pieces of the device next to the console Striker was on and handed her the datapad he had.

"It's a sleeper tracking device developed by Czerka Arms. It activates whenever you enter a new system after exiting hyperspace, then it goes dormant again. That's why it's so hard to locate. Someone must have planted this on Romeyn's weapon, I'm guessing by someone who knew his habits-or of them."

Striker took a good luck at the item. She had not heard of such a thing, and that was curious. She poked at the bits with a stylus.

"Wait...by someone who knew his habits...?" Striker grew quiet. Could one of his own family members....? Since she met Oakes, she knew he kept that rifle pretty close. She doubted many got close to it.

Grim let out a sigh and shook his head. "I'm going back to get Oakes and the kid ready for the doc."

"Alright." Striker replied gently. She watched Grim head out once again. Then, as she turned back to the holovid..she called out.. "DAKS! Hurry up! I have a job for you...." The response did not take long, as Striker could hear the thunderous romping of tiny furry feet.

She then called the facility she had been looking up. '43rd Regents of Mercy Hospital.' Strange enough name, but it had the marking of a legit hospital. Which meant this was gonna cost. Oh well. They would take it from those hunters hides. She prepared to call the hospital, when she got a beep from Grims.

"Captain, our favorite farmer is awake. Looks like he's ready to rip the ears of a gundark."

Striker gave a slight grin. The man should REALLY be resting, but at least that meant it wasnt life threatening at least. She reached up and flicked on her comlink. "GOOD! Glad to hear it. And OAKES...." she paused for a half second. "You scare me like that again, them idjits are goona be the LEAST of yer problems." She flicked off the switch, laughing a small bit.

Turning back to the issue at hand, she contacted the hospital. Hmm. She frowned. They were placed on a priority call. Which meant that as soon as they reached the place, they would be seen. But they would have to go there. Stiker frowned. Now the kid, he could pose a bit of a problem. She would let Grim handle him. She still wanted to choke him. If the kid HAD been a slave, and they did a full scan... She snorted. Not her problem. Hopefully. When did piloting a ship get so difficult? But the kid was in danger of infectio

12. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Grim
    Blue Mynok, Landing pad 12, Denon

Grim half turned and looked over his shoulder as Caprain Striker entered the common area. "Well?I found us a hospital, and got the place mapped out. We're a first priority call, so unless a major gunfight breaks out.. " she made a face, Grim shook his head lightly, " we're already good to go." She then handed Grim her datapad. "Here, download the directions, so we all will known." Grim took the device and immediately did as instructed, but silently followed her gaze. She looked over at Kiyan, then back at the ex-jedi.

"There are some shops nearby. Shall we pick up some clothes for Kiyan first, before we take him to the hospital?" I would hate to have any of those jerks at the hospital thinking WE did THAT to him." she said, gesturing to Kiyan...or more importantly his clothes. "Besides, we can pick up a hoverbike or Taxi. I doubt his ankle will take the entire trip up there."

Grim nodded in agreement. "Yes, a fresh set of clothes will serve him well." Grim looked down at himself and made a face. "Uhm?I think I'll need something as well." He gestured as his battle worn dark colored gear as he shook his head. "This get up will raise questions, won't you agree?" looking up he looked at the captain and made an innocent face. "But since you're currently the one with the credits, I suppose you'll do the honors?"

Not wasting a moment, Grim wrote down his size and what he guessed to be Kiyan's on a piece of flimsy and basic top and trouser combination. Then smiling he handed it over, with a suggestion. "?or, we can just have them deliver it to our ship. It's not uncommon." The ex-jedi tried to maintain the innocent smile, but to tell the truth, on him it just looked downright creepy.

Still holding out the piece of flimsy, he turned his head around to look at the rest of the Mynock crew.

"I don't think Oakes is in any walking condition either." He pointed out.

"Hey, Romeyn! See if you can wake the boy. We're taking you guys to a hospital in a few moments."

Grim turned around slowly and grinned, all while hoping to see an agreeable expression on the captain's face.

Tag: Ktala, Liam, Bloodline

OOC: Welcome home, Bloodline!! Happy to have you back safe and sound. :D

13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker (Lana Vangress)

Grim turned as she talking as soon as she entered the common area. "Well?I found us a hospital, and got the place mapped out. We're a first priority call, so unless a major gunfight breaks out.. " she made a face, Grim shook his head lightly, "We're already good to go." She looked over at Kiyan, then back at the ex-jedi.

"There are some shops nearby. Shall we pick up some clothes for Kiyan first, before we take him to the hospital?" I would hate to have any of those jerks at the hospital thinking WE did THAT to him." she said, gesturing to Kiyan...or more importantly his clothes. "Besides, we can pick up a hoverbike or Taxi. I doubt his ankle will take the entire trip up there."

Grim nodded in agreement. "Yes, a fresh set of clothes will serve him well." Grim looked down at himself and made a face. "Uhm?I think I'll need something as well." He gestured as his battle worn dark colored gear as he shook his head. "This get up will raise questions, won't you agree?" looking up he looked at the captain and made an innocent face.

Lana chuckled softly.

"But since you're currently the one with the credits, I suppose you'll do the honors?"

Lana shook her head. "Sure sure, I'll take care of it. Geeze, have these folks thinking all kinds of horrible things about me..." she muttered gently in jest.

Not wasting a moment, Grim wrote down his size and what he guessed to be Kiyan's on a piece of flimsy and basic top and trouser combination. Then smiling he handed it over, with a suggestion. "?or, we can just have them deliver it to our ship. It's not uncommon." The ex-jedi tried to maintain the innocent smile, but to tell the truth, on him it just looked downright creepy.

Still holding out the piece of flimsy, he turned his head around to look at the rest of the Mynock crew.

"I don't think Oakes is in any walking condition either." He pointed out.

Striker could have slapped herself. Of COURSE Oakes was not in walking condition. She simply nodded, tapping her head. "Got it." she replied as she headed back for the controls. Time to order some clothing.

Striker ran through a list, and found a clothing place pretty close. She ran their catalog, and found some agreeable clothing for all of them. She placed an order, asking for an Ident of the person who would be delivering the clothing. When pressed, she replied that she was ordering for "Her Magesty Felarn of Olspree..." She grinned. Oakes would get a kick out of that. "And her entourage needed update clothing. NOW. That should get them moving. And when the credits came across, they quickly agreeded they would be there within 30 minutes. She picked clothing that looked ... well, but not to fancy, as they were traveling low-key.

Trying hard not to grin, as soon as she finished the order, Striker yelled to the back.

"Clothing coming in 30. Grim, be ready just in case. You have a new role now...." she chuckled darkly.

This should be fun.

Tag: Grey, Liam, Bloodline

14. Bloodline

Jul 18, 2008
    OOC: Now that the newness of me being home has worn off, figured I need to get back in it eh? And since it has been awhile that i've written a considerable amount, I figured i'd try to up the ante against the horrible job writing i've done so far. Forgive my previous work, it wasn't very good.

Aboard the Blue Mynock;small landing pad,Deron

At the slight call of his name Kiyan's eyes immediately snapped open.Slight fear washed over his face as he regained bearing over his surroundings.He was in the med bay,more specifically sitting and watching over...

"Mr. Oakes!".
    It was like a lightbulb went off in his head and he hurriedly returned his attention back to the bed.It was empty,the covers since been thrown to the side farthest away from the makeshift nightstand. He couldn't believe his eyes, it felt as if he had only closed his eyes for a mere moment, but judging by the clock on the hull an hour had elasped. Kiyan's head swerved towards the direction of the familiar serene voice near the door. Grim stood in the doorway, a tired but bright look upon,his face. He looked unsurprised at the fact the bed was empty. "Mr. Grim! Mr. Oakes is gone! I was watching him and t-t-then!" the child started to say urgently,but the small smile upon the man's face stopped Kiyan's worried tirade. Why in the world was he smiling? what was so humorous? "What?? He's gone! I was sitting RIGHT HERE and then....".He relaxed slightly as he noticed Oakes leaning behind Grim, clearly in pain and winded..but in one piece,generally speaking. "Mr. Oakes! your're alive!, I-I-I mean you're okay! I thought..." he lowered his voice.He didn't want to say what he thought, what he imagined.The farmer from Roon was an honorable,well likeable fellow and he didn't deserve such a terrible time. There he was though, battered and wounded, yet still standing,a testament to his intestinal fortitude and steely will. Watcforg him standing there brought to mind a very common saying that Kiyan was familiar with back home. A saying clearly surpassed.

"There's none tougher than a man from the Outer Rim"

Kiyan rose from his chair and stretched himself out to full height as a sharp quip of pain erupted from his ankle and rolled up his leg. The counterpain measures Grim had applied earlier where clearly wearing off, and his body begged be allowed to concede defeat to fatigue.Perspiration and sweat beads began to crowd his brow as it took massive amounts of energy he didn't have to remain upright. He wanted more than anything to remain exactly where he was..as still as a rock,unmoving. "Just a little more...just a little farther"he panted,using the rail at the foot of the bed as a crutch. He slowly and gingerly made his way on uneasy legs. Stryker and Grim were correct in their assessment that he, or Oakes for that matter could make a distance trip in their various conditions, at least not without extreme discomfort and without possibly making their injuries worse. Almost in equal frustration, the back ramp of the Blue Mynock lowered down in preparation of the arrival of the expected dropoff. It did little to remedy the travel issues but it was something, nonwithstanding.

Not too much longer after that a small yellow speeder with the words Emillio's Clothing Emporium stamped in red letter on the side came to a screeching halt directly in from of the recently opened ramp. A lanky, pimple-faced teenager reached over to the passenger seat,grabbed a large box before vaulting himself clumsily over the closed door. He entered the ship as he dragged the box behind him with small grunts. "Order for her majest Felarn of Olspree" he called out with a heavy lisp, as he tossed four different-sized, professionally wrapped paper boxes to each person.

The smallest parcel was handed to which he opened curiously:inside were the clothes Lana had ordered for him. He cheerully stripped down to his knickers,with no real air of embarrassment. A massive montage of old scars covered his entire bony back for

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: Not too bad, Bloodline. Very nice! :)

BUT I will step in with a change... cause ya wrote stuff happening on HER SHIP. For one, Striker did NOT lower the ramp..NOT after what happened last time. She would wait for the arrival of the driver. Also, she would step out to get the packages, dressed in full gear, with her face hidden, so he would have no idea who or what she was...as her face would be covered. Kid would get SHOT if he came inside HER ship right now. *security systems and all that* :p And I doubt the others would change in front of the kid either! heheh ;)

Now..if ya still want the kid to ask if we need a ride, I'll leave that to you once everyone else gets dressed! :D
    ---

Striker (Lana Vangress)

Striker excused herself after telling Grim about her order, and exactly who was doing the ordering. She chuckled softly, as she disappeared off,in order to change. After what had happened to Oakes, she was NOT going to be caught off guard again. Striker changed her clothing, dressing as she had when she had first met Oakes, disguising herself once more. She had just pulled her large hat on, and slid the goggles into place when she heard Kiyan. Sounded like the delivery pod was arriving.

A small yellow speeder with the words 'Emillio's Clothing Emporium' stamped in red letter on the side came to a screeching halt directly in from of the ramp that Lead to the Mynock. A lanky, pimple-faced teenager reached over to the passenger seat,grabbed a large box before vaulting himself clumsily over the closed door. He walked midway up the ramp dragged the box behind him with small grunts. "Order for her Majesty Felarn of Olspree" he called out with a heavy lisp.

The door to the Mynock slid open, and Striker stepped out, in full dress, walking down the ramp. She knew her security systems were operating, and Grim would make sure Kiyan didnt do anything to mess with them. Four very large packages were handed to her, which she took with ease, and then turned to head back towards the ship. "Thank you. She is most pleased with your prompt service." Striker told the boy in a deep voice. She noticed the kid seemed to be hanging around the ship..probably to glance a peek at something. She knew that she had already paid them, and he didnt seem to be bothering anything, so she simply let him. He was probably curious. She turned and headed back inside the ship.

Once back inside the Mynok, Striker passed out the packages. The smallest parcel was handed to Kiyan, which he opened curiously:inside were the clothes Lana had ordered for him. Striker soft chuckle was hidden inside of her mask as Kiyan clothing seemed to explode off his body, eager to change clothing. No shame here! she noted with a smile. The smile fadded though, when she saw the massive montage of old scars covered his entire bony back for a fleeting moment before leaving sight under the granite colored flax shirt. It was a silent reminder of what his young life had gone through already. Striker quickly turned away, and passed out the other packages. Thank goodness, Grim had cleaned the boy up earlier. As Kiyan did his best to make his clothing fit him better, Striker passed out the rest of the packages. One for Grim..the other for Oakes. The last package, she simply placed on the table for now.

They still had time as the others changed their clothing as well. Striker tugged on the large collar of her coat, as she waited silently, watching outside for any other vehicles that might head their way. She clutched hard at the slug thrower in her arm. They werent going to catch them off guard again.

Kid was still wandering around outside. Was the kid trying to earn some cash off the cuff? Striker decided to play it cool, and find out once they left.

Tag: Greyjedi, Liam, Bloodline (Sarge)

16. Bloodline

Jul 18, 2008
    OOC:Touche mon ami, no harm intended [:D]

17. Bloodline

Jul 18, 2008
    OOC: didn't want it to far too hard. Hope everyone was able to get into their account.

18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: Huh? :p I have been gone, so I didnt post. Dont worry about it. Just post what you want your character to say and do..and we'll work around you. Im waiting for the other two the post..but you can always post what your character is thinking, or other stuff, while waiting. We really dont know much about Kiyan! ;)

19. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    OOC: Been away due to DRL stuff. Sorry for delay. Here's going with the re-write.

Grim
    Aboard the Blue Mynok, Landing pad 12, Denon

For once his danger sense was not going off like a klaxon inside his head, so Grim allowed himself to relax a bit as the captain, in her usual disguise, went to get their delivered packages from the delivery person.

It wasn't long before captain Striker returned to the ship and distributed the packages among the crew. Kiyan was so excited he changed right then and there in front of everyone. Grim chuckled at the young one's excitement. The ex-jedi noticed the alarming amount of scars that marred the boys back, but said nothing at present. Now was not the time to delve into such things. Filing those thoughts away, Grim regarded the final product, which was very impressive band a vast improvement from his previous visage, however, Kiyan's choice to remain barefoot was?interesting to say the least. Grim was pretty certain the boy would change his mind in due time.

"Welcome to civilization." Grim called out to the boy in good humor. "Now it's my turn." he announced. Unlike Kiyan, Grim was not about to change in front of everyone. Taking his package with him, Grim quickly went to his assigned quarters and changed as quickly as possible. When he emerged once again, he wore a similar looking gear to his trenched look, except that now he was clad in cool earthy colors of light greys, khakis and browns instead of dark greys and blacks. His raven hair was combed back instead of its usual disheveled look, and on his face he wore some cool looking reflective shades.

"Not bad if I say so myself?" he asserted with a nod.

"So, who's next?" he asked with an amused smile on his face, looking from Oakes to the captain and back again.

Tag: Ktala, Bloodline, Liam :-B

20. Bloodline

Jul 18, 2008
    OOC: lol I was saying some people were worried that they weren't able to get into their accounts. I was almost one of them lol. Was just making sure you all were okay.

21. Bloodline

Jul 18, 2008
    Is Liam posting?, I was gonna wait, till he got a chance

22. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: He might be busy...so dont wait for him. He can always catch up later, once he gets a chance to come back online.

----
    Striker (Lana Vangress)

Striker gave a last glance to the kid standing outside before turning back around, and securing her ship. Blast doors and shutters covering the windows whipped into place inside of the ship, clicking softly as Kiyan and Grim dressed. She also placed another call, but this time, to another type of rental service. They would need transport. A taxi seemed wrong now. And besides, if anything else happened, she wanted to be able to leave in a hurry, without having to explain anything. And since she was already playing a role...why not add another to the mix?
    Striker laughed softly.

As she stepped out, Grim was looking over, at both she and Oakes. Striker gave a huge grin. "Im not about...." Her comments died on her lips as Oakes suddenly fell over.

'POODOO!' The man was trying to hard. Why didnt he just RELAX, and let himself heal?! She thought she had never seen such a stubborn man in her life...well, almost. Grim stopped him from hitting the floor, and Striker shook her head. "Oakes...you are one STUBBORN Nerf herder!" she muttered softly. She then looked up at the others.

"He's hurt. He can keep the clothing he has on for now. He can change at the hospital." she suddenly decided. And Im staying as I am for now as well. Striker gave a grin, as she tugged at her goggles. "Her Majesty Felarn of Olspree, can stay on-board for now..isnt that right Daks?" Striker slightly yelled the last part.

"MEEEEOOOOWWWW!" came a muffled reply, echoing from a nearby vent. Daks was on her mission, scouting throughout the ship, her sensitive nose searching for something that might be out of the ordinary.

"Besides," Striker continued with a grin, pulling her hat down. "Im unknown. And armed. Something that they would expect. As much as Oakes is attached to his sidearm..im pretty sure the hospital will NOT let him keep it. Cant say the same to me." she gave a serious nod now. "They might have already heard of what happened at the other landing bay. That he was shot point blank, and with no warning..would be easy to explain why you folks are now traveling with an armed escort. After all, cant have the lady's entourage being attacked now, can we?"

Striker nodded. "Also..after the last event, I ordered a skyhopper. Not trusting a taxi. We can move faster, and not have to worry about another innocent in case someone else comes looking." Striker lost the smile she had. "Not losing anyone today." she finished her statement, as she stood up, and walked over towards the doorway, looking for the car to arrive.

Tag: Greyjedi, Liam, Bloodline

23. Bloodline

Jul 18, 2008
    (posting this morning!. Work has been a killer...heh, puns...

24. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Grim
    Landing pad 12, Denon

He gave Striker half a smile and a slight nod indicating his approval regarding her 'ruse'. Making Daks 'royalty' would not be the oddest thing the galaxy had seen, and the eccentricity of it all might just work like a charm. Grim was beginning to see just how clever Striker really was in addition to being one though spacer. Now he could see how she'd survived on her own for so long.

Next to him, Oakes began to fall. Grim reacted immediately and reflexively, catching the farmer before he hit the floor. "I've got you my friend."

Grim propped his semi-conscious friend on his shoulder and held him up. "Hang on just a bit longer, we're getting you help."

In the force, Grim sensed Romeyn becoming weaker from his injury, but he was at least somewhat stable. The man was a living testament to human durability.

A few steps from them, Striker had been speaking and GRim had been listening. He nodded once again, agreeing with her rationale. Her situational thinking was quite impressive. Grim liked the idea of having an independent vehicle as well, and lo, even as he thought of it, he saw the skyhopper in the distance, growing in size as it approached them.

"Looks like our ride is here." He commented to the group.

Within moments the rented Skyhopper was delivered and control of the vehicle passed over to the captain, since it was she who rented it. Grim waited until the access was granted then opened a side door. "In you go my friend."

Slowly and carefully, he placed the wounded farmer upon the back seat. "I hope we can all fit inside this thing?" Grim commented with some concern in his voice. "It does look a little cramped." he finished with a chuckle as he imagined them all scrunched inside the vehicle. It was pretty amusing, at least visually.

"Alright, who's next?"

The ex-jedi was feeling a bit better that things were moving in the right direction, at least for the moment.

Tag: Ktala, Bloodline

OOC: Bloodline, I know exactly what you mean. Going through the same.

25. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Romeyn Oakes
    Landing Pad 12, Denon

Oakes had the sickening sensation of falling. Words scurried around his mind, garbled sounds not quite easy to make out, then the supporting hands of friends helping him inside the cramped rear seat of the sky hopper. Resting his head against the rear bulkhead struggling to clear the cobwebs from his mind, Romeyn replayed the events that had brought him to a nasty brush with death.

From the gang shooting him at too close of a range to concerns about his family safety back on Roon, Romeyn had ran into one problem after another since joining this group. But life wasn't about playing it safe. Life was about taking the necessary risks to make sure that you were one step ahead of the curve, the opposition, even your enemies. The farmer could still count on his fingers the number of close calls he had encountered in his travels and that was a good thing. Too many brushes with death could make one cocky and really close the deal when the time came.

Shaking his head to clear some of the cobwebs, Oakes asked in a scratchy voice, "Anyone have some water? I'm real thirsty."

"Wait a minute, what are we doing in the back of a sky hopper?" Romeyn inquired as he suddenly realized where he was.

Tag: Ktala, Grey, Bloodline

OOC: Had a great honeymoon. Couldn't have gone better. Back and ready to help out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.