1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars 5 BBY - The Imperial Fist

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sarge221, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    OOC: WELCOME BACK LIAM!! :D Glad you had a wonderful Honeymoon!! *throws confettii!* [:D] Congrats!


    Striker (Lana Vangress)
    Heading for 43rd Regents of Mercy Hospital, Denon

    Striker was all business now. Smile faded as she pulled down her goggles and hood, her hat already on her head. She was now in the disguise she had met Grim in earlier, her voice now hidden as well.

    "Looks like our ride is here." Grim called out to the group. With a nod, Striker set the ships defensive's. "Keep it intact, ...your Magesty. I shall return quickly." Striker called out into the ship, as she held her weapon at the ready, while Grim helped Oakes into the skycar. Striker passed the starter keys over to Grim, as she was going to be busy, keeping her hands on her weapon. Slowly and carefully, he placed the wounded farmer upon the back seat. "I hope we can all fit inside this thing?" Grim commented with some concern in his voice. "It does look a little cramped." he finished with a chuckle. Striker gave a gruff laugh.

    "Alright, who's next?" Grim asked.

    Striker nodded, her voice lower as she responded. "Not a problem. Im your gunner..remember?" Striker turned and walked back into the ship for a few long moments, till Grim could finally pick out a noise. The side doors of the ship opened, and Striker exited, riding a small speeder bike. A deep chuckle issued from her helmet. "You think I walk everyplace?" she said with a nod.

    She then looked over at Kiyan. "Get in the skycar." she told him directly. She was NOT going to argue with the kid. Once he checked out ok...well, that thought was for later. Right now, she just wanted to get moving. She also kept an eye open on the kid from earlier. He had moved back, but was still hanging around, further away from the ship. Striker cocked her weapon, but did not point it at the kid. She just wanted to send a message. Luckily, this kid seemed ok for the moment.

    Striker heard Oakes saying something, but she kept her attentions keenly on the open area around them. Grim had the directions as well. She kept her weapon up and on the ready, as she hovered close, waiting for the others to get inside. Once they were ready to go, Striker clicked her weapon onto a holder on the control skids, and sat hovering silently, as her fingers worked on the control pad in front of her. Finally, once everyone was inside the ship, she closed up the Mynock, its system now fully working.

    She waited, until Grim gave her a signal, and then she would speed up and move alongside the vehicle, keeping watch as they made their way towards the hospital.


    Tag: Grey, Liam, Bloodline

    OOC: Bloodline. Just post WHEN you can. We understand RL totally. hehe
  2. AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 10, 2008
    star 2
    OOC: Umn Guys....I'm still here.

    HEY SARGE!! HURRY UP!!
  3. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 4
    Grim
    Landing pad 12, Denon

    Grim gave a look over the landing pad, making sure that everything was in order. The Mynock was locked done, but the delivery boy was still hanging around for some strange reason. Grim didn't sense anything out of the ordinary for the moment, and he couldn't just chase him away for no good reason; after all, this was a public space.

    "Hey, kid!" Grim called out to the wandering youth.

    "I'd stay clear away from the ship. She has a bad temper when we're away and tends to defend herself with a bit of?enthusiasm, if you know what I mean."

    Grim gave the kid a curt nod and turned away. The kid had his warning, and it was up to him to heed it.

    "Anyone have some water? I'm real thirsty." Grim heard Oakes say, which made him smile upon hearing the fighting farmer's voice, even if it was a little shaky.

    "Wait a minute, what are we doing in the back of a sky hopper?" Romeyn asked suddenly, as if just noticing where he was.

    "We're taking you and the kid to the hospital, you both need a real doctor, so hang in there just a little longer. You'll get all the water you'd like once we get there. So, get comfortable and enjoy the ride."

    Grim gave his friend a re-affirming pat on the shoulder before closing the rear passenger door. Turning his head, he noticed Striker was completely acting in her 'spacer persona'. She spoke with a lowered register in her voice and her interactions were curt and direct. As it was, she looked every bit the part of a swoop enthusiast, riding the speeder bike she'd produced from the Mynock. Grim nodded approvingly.

    Through her helmeted head she spoke, her voice firm as she addressed Kiyan.

    "Get in the skycar."

    By her tone, she meant business and was in no mood for sass. The kid probably picked up on this as he moved and Grim directed him to the front passenger seat. "Let's get you all patched up." Grim stated as he took his place as the pilot. He quickly, entered the ignition sequence and gained control of the vehicle. But before driving off, he checked his communicator by contacting their escort and gunner.

    "Sky One, ready. Moving out?mark."

    With that, Grim smoothly lifted off from the platform and piloted the skycar. He much preferred to keep it on manual for the moment to keep his skills sharp. Looking back on the rear view, he checked that his passenger was doing well, then mussed Kiyan's hair once again.

    "We'll be there very soon."

    The ex-jedi smiled at the kid, then looked out at surroundings for anything suspicious before re-focusing on the incoming traffic. The trip through the sprawling Denon metropolis promised to be a short one, but by now he knew anything could happen at any given moment. The trick was to be ready and not be caught unawares?but hopefully none of that would be necessary, and they could at least get these two patched up and back to health.

    At least that was his hope.

    Tag: Ktala, Liam, Bloodline

    Hey, Amndrag, glad to see you're still around. How about meeting us at the hospital? ;)
  4. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    OOC: Im guessing Kiyan is doing what he's told.... ;)

    Striker (Lana Vangress)
    Heading for 43rd Regents of Mercy Hospital, Denon

    Striker noticed that Grim gave a friendly warning to the kid to keep away from the ship. She smirked slightly underneath her covering. Kiyan was being quiet, and that was quite fine with her. She was in no mood for anything other than getting to the hospital quickly.

    "Sky One, ready. Moving out?mark." With that, Grim smoothly lifted off from the platform and piloted the skycar.

    "Got it." Striker replied, as she lifted off on her bike, moving to a flanking position to the right and front of the skycar. So far, things looked quiet, and nothing seemed to move towards them. Good. She then let the hospital know that their patients were on the move, and they would be arriving shortly. Striker's primary weapon sat facing forward, and as they flew, she swept the immediate area near them, to make sure nothing was moving towards them, that didnt look like normal traffic. She knew the tags for many hunters well. She knew what to look for, and she was not going to let them get the drop on them. Not if she could help it. She watched as they got ready to merge into traffic.

    "Now for the fun stuff." Striker stated as they began to into the flow of traffic.


    Tag: Grey, Liam, Bloodline, anyone else!
  5. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    *** ANNOUNCEMENT ***


    As of right now, I will now be taking over the duties of GM.

    Anyone who wishes to join the game, which IS still active, please PM me.
    I hope to have new updates up shortly.

    Thanks!





  6. Sarge221 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 9, 2006
    star 5
    As the now former GM of Imperial Fist I have willingly stepped down from my position and Ktala has my full support. Hope you guys continue to have fun :D
  7. dreven_Aarkanin Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 9, 2010
    star 2
    Ktala APPROVED! :D


    Name: Zayan
    Age: 15
    Race: Squib
    Homeworld: Skor II
    Personality: Innocent and child-like, full of curiosity
    Appearance: [image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060620190729/starwars/images/9/96/Databank_Squib_colored.jpg]
    Profession: Bodyguard (in theory)/ part time barhand (in actuality)
    Weapons (Optional): Squib Tensor Rifle (he?s only shot it in practice, but carries it around because his parents told him he should)
    Ship (Optional): none?
    Rank (Optional): None at the moment?
    Brief History: Born on his species? homeworld of Skor II, he was filled with the curiosity all Squibs knew. An adventurous child even by Squib standards, he never stopped asking questions. Finally his parents, knowing their son needed to learn and see more than he ever could on his homeworld, collected enough money to buy him a one-way ticket to coruscant. At first he didn?t want to go, but the more he thought about it, the more he couldn?t resist. Thinking about all the wonderous places and people, he knew he had to go. He could see the chancellor! Tour the senate hall! Meet all kinds of new people and species!

    And so he went, taking his father?s Tensor Rifle as protection. He was off to see a galaxy of wonders!
  8. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    I.B.T. Kreegan's Fist, Deep Space Passenger Freighter
    Currently on the Perlemian Trade Route



    Zayan was having an adventure.

    At least, that how he saw it. He keeps one of the few things he has brought from home, a Squib Tensor Rifle on him as he explores the ship. At first, the crew was not too happy to have him running around the ship. But it was either that, or listen to him as ENDLESS questions, so they soon chose to let him roam a bit. After all, he had been on board for awhile.

    His parents had given him a ticket to Coruscant. But because of the expense, it was not a 'direct' route. This ship stopped at almost every planet. Either picking up or exchanging passengers, and changing their cargo.

    Zayan even managed to earn a tiny bit of credits, and all he had to do, was stand there, holding his weapon, and look tough.

    And they paid him.

    Even if he did wonder why that pack of Jenet's had stared at him so. But they were good hagglers. Must be, because the ship's Captain and them had a royal battle over some cargo. But they made a deal, and soon everyone was happy once more. At one point, on of the Jenets even looked Zayan over, and started haggling over him. Yep, those guys were real traders. Zayan knew that soon they would be coming up to a new cluster of planets to go over. Every time they stopped, they would ask Zayan if he wanted to go down. So far, except for a few supplies, none of the planets he had seen really looked interesting.

    But they promised the next set would be interesting. At least this one would have a major city..or so they told him, instead of small settlements.

    Would find out for himself soon enough.

    Maybe by then, he could find out what that strange buzzing noise was, that he was now hearing. He was SURE he had not heard it before, since he had been on the ship..




    TAG: dreven_Aarkanin

    Welcome Aboard! :)
  9. Vehn Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 14, 2009
    star 4
    IC: Romeyn Oakes
    Denon

    Roon had always been a backward, agrarian planet. The people who called the agricultural world home had been known as "mud men" due to their work in the sticky, muck infested fields, plowing crops with antiquated equipment in a vain attempt to delay the effects of modernization.

    Romeyn Oakes' family lived on the outskirts of the capital in the vast prairie expanses of the planet. They were a peaceful group of settlers that worked the land and asked for little in return. Every year it seemed prices rose and the demand for their crops that they grew could not be fully satisfied. That wasn't a bad thing for the Oakes family but it did leave them shorthanded.

    Enter the ranch hands. Usually reliable people who were looking for some extra credits underneath the table but occasionally a few of them would have contacts to some shady organizations. Romeyn had worked with the hands at one point during his youth. Seen a lot of things he would rather have not remembered and heard even more along the same vein.

    The attack on his life in the hangar on Denon and the mysterious planting of illegal weapons in the transport Ruby Peak had raised the young farmer's suspicions. There was little doubt in his mind that the problems at home were directly connected to the problems that had cropped up in his personal mission of galactic salvation. Now, the problem could not be ignored. His family was potentially in a life threatening situation and the forces that wanted their munitions back were hot on Oakes' tail. Oakes wasn't a fighter but he would gladly defend himself and his friends if that was what came to pass.

    Somebody had planted those weapons on the Ruby Peak and now the galaxy had come calling. Oakes knew what he had to do following his recovery. Somehow he had to dump those weapons and clear his family's name.

    He just hoped that he had enough time.

    Tag: Ktala, Grey, Dreven, etc

    OOC: Little rusty but the post is serviceable.
  10. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    AMNDRAG_01
    In Space - ???


    Selena Pavari had quite a bit to say to the Imperial guard. Not that it would help any. But it all became worthless anyway. With her arms in clamps in front of her, they were not too worried about her. And with the reports they had had, they already had planned what they would use her for. After all, it was not even worth the bother to turn her in. And there was the bounty hunters also. This was a HIDDEN base. They would have to be taken care of as well.

    A simple nod, and a few stormtroopers peeled away, to take care of their assigned tasks..

    That's when the screams started. From her vantage point Selena couldn't see what was going on, but she could hear it. The valley she was in errupted in weapons fire, and screaming. The office who had spoken to her eariler, was now busy, giving orders and moving his men towards the area of the screaming. She was pushed out of the way, and a guard came to step up to take her towards the shuttle that was parked not too far away from where the bounty hunters ship had landed. Suddenly, she heard weapons fire in that direction as well. The Imperial that was moving her, suddenly grabbed her by the back of the neck, and all but rammed her into the ship. He was moving so quickly, to get rid of her, so he could get back out to the others, he didnt see the muzzle that flashed in his side, taking him out. Selena hit the floor, and noticed one of the bounty hunters grinning.

    "Get up!" he told her, as he yanked her to her feet, and took off back for the hunters ship. Selena's feet barely touched the ground, as she heard more weapons fire, and shouting going on. Whatever it was, it didnt sound like it was going well for the Imperials. Good.

    Didnt help that the bounty hunter had other plans as well. He could easily collect her bounty a few times over. Especially with these guys looking like they would be taken out of the picture shortly. So much better for them. It was when his ship mates shouts made him aware of the double-cross.
    Again, she was tossed hard inside the ship, but this time, she was put inside of a tiny area...and the door locked behind her. It looked like some kind of buoy or escape pod. She was still handcuffed, and limited in movement... But at the moment, the bounty hunters seemed to be in a hurry.

    And explosion rocked the ship, as its engines came to life, and begin to whine with a sound she was unfamiliar with. The planet quickly faded from view as she began to get to her feet. Then she heard a scream, and a dull sicking thud sound outside of the area she was in. A green liquid splashed over the window area, even as she continued to hear fighting noises from the other side.

    A loud pop sound, and a hard shove to the side as lights began to flicker around her and Selena quickly realized she was no longer attached to the main ship. As she moved away from the main ship, she could see movement of some sort, but nothing that made sense.

    All that seemed moot, when the ship exploded, however.

    Well, this was a fun turn of events. It was, as best she could guess, a day or two later, when she noticed something moving in her direction.. It looked like a rather large ship.


    --
    dreven_Aarkanin
    I.B.T. Kreegan's Fist, Deep Space Passenger Freighter
    Currently on the Perlemian Trade Route


    Where are you?

    ;)



    --
    Greyjedi, Liam_Vehn, Bloodline
    Heading for 43rd Regents of Mercy Hospital, Denon


    Oakes was quiet as the sky car lifted up and out away from the shipping docs, on its way to the hospital. Striker flew in a flanking position of the skycar, keeping careful watch, as she led the way towards the hospital. Grim flew the car, with Oakes and Kiyan both staying a bit quiet. The kid was watching Oakes closely, making sure that he kept breathing. Or thats what it seemed like. Oakes was quiet, but his grip on his weapon remained firm. So whatever was going on, had not changed that.

    "Sky One, ready. Moving out?mark." they heard Grim say as the ship began to move. It did no
  11. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 4
    Grim
    43rd Regents of Mercy Hospital, Denon


    The Denon skyline was scenic and peaceful, at least from the inside of the skycap, which was silent, except for the muffled hum of the engines. No one spoke a word, not Grim, not Oakes or Kiyan. It was almost as if they were conserving their strength for something.

    Grim didn't mind the silence, in fact he welcomed it. He could be alert without any distractions.

    Not too long after, he received a call on his comlink and heard a familiar voice.

    ["Grim. Make sure Oakes and Kiyan get inside when we land. I'll deal with the uniforms?"]

    Grim was glad he had his earpiece on at the time. He could only imagine Oakes reaction had the farmer heard that bit of news.

    "Roger that, captain." Grim asserted in a neutral tone as he began the landing cycle. "We're going in boys." he said to both Romeyn and Kiyan without looking back. Something in the way Striker sounded when she said that last part caused him a bit of concern. He knew she was smart and capable and hoped that she wouldn't do anything too reckless. In the end, he trusted her implicitly.

    Grim looked out the viewport right before the skycap touchdown and saw members of the medical staff waiting for them with two gurneys. He also saw the uniformed individuals Striker had mentioned. Hmmm.

    As he landed, Grim angled the skycap so the vehicle landed parallel to the medical staff. Upon touch down, he raised the vehicle doors and was the first to get out in order to help the others out.

    "Be careful?." he warned, "No need to aggravate their wounds."

    He noticed how quickly and confidently the medical staff moved. Two for each patient. A third scanned them with a medical device to better asses their condition. Grim looked up and saw a large uniformed human moving in their direction. "Please take them inside." He instructed the medics then moved to intercept the large man who was about to speak. Grim interrupted him as he raised a hand as a sign for him to stop and simply said: "There will be time for questions later, allow them to pass."

    The man blinked for a second and Grim only tilted his head as he looked directly at the man, who finally echoed his words, but in a gruff tone.

    "There will be time for questions later, allow them to pass."

    "Run along?" Grim added.

    "Run along!" the man ordered.

    Satisfied, Grim nodded and did as instructed, but not before he paused and looked around to see what Striker was up to. He had no intention of leaving her in the open by herself and without any back-up unless he knew she was alright. That meant losing sight of Oakes and Kiyan for a brief moment, but hopefully, not for long at all.

    Tag: Ktala, Liam, Bloodline

  12. AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 10, 2008
    star 2
    OOC: As a form of courtesy. Will post soon.
  13. AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 10, 2008
    star 2
    OOC: Sorry for long wait

    IC: Selena Pavari
    In Space


    Selena Pavari had quite a bit to say to the Imperial guard. Not that it would help any. But it all became worthless anyway. With her arms in clamps in front of her, they were not too worried about her. And with the reports they had had, they already had planned what they would use her for. After all, it was not even worth the bother to turn her in. And there was the bounty hunters also. This was a HIDDEN base. They would have to be taken care of as well.

    A simple nod, and a few stormtroopers peeled away, to take care of their assigned tasks..

    That's when the screams started. From her vantage point Selena couldn't see what was going on, but she could hear it. The valley she was in errupted in weapons fire, and screaming. The office who had spoken to her eariler, was now busy, giving orders and moving his men towards the area of the screaming. She was pushed out of the way, and a guard came to step up to take her towards the shuttle that was parked not too far away from where the bounty hunters ship had landed. Suddenly, she heard weapons fire in that direction as well. The Imperial that was moving her, suddenly grabbed her by the back of the neck, and all but rammed her into the ship. He was moving so quickly, to get rid of her, so he could get back out to the others, he didnt see the muzzle that flashed in his side, taking him out. Selena hit the floor, and noticed one of the bounty hunters grinning.

    "Get up!" he told her, as he yanked her to her feet, and took off back for the hunters ship. Selena's feet barely touched the ground, as she heard more weapons fire, and shouting going on. Whatever it was, it didnt sound like it was going well for the Imperials. Good.

    Didnt help that the bounty hunter had other plans as well. He could easily collect her bounty a few times over. Especially with these guys looking like they would be taken out of the picture shortly. So much better for them. It was when his ship mates shouts made him aware of the double-cross.
    Again, she was tossed hard inside the ship, but this time, she was put inside of a tiny area...and the door locked behind her. It looked like some kind of buoy or escape pod. She was still handcuffed, and limited in movement... But at the moment, the bounty hunters seemed to be in a hurry.

    And explosion rocked the ship, as its engines came to life, and begin to whine with a sound she was unfamiliar with. The planet quickly faded from view as she began to get to her feet. Then she heard a scream, and a dull sicking thud sound outside of the area she was in. A green liquid splashed over the window area, even as she continued to hear fighting noises from the other side.

    A loud pop sound, and a hard shove to the side as lights began to flicker around her and Selena quickly realized she was no longer attached to the main ship. As she moved away from the main ship, she could see movement of some sort, but nothing that made sense.

    All that seemed moot, when the ship exploded, however.

    Well, this was a fun turn of events. It was, as best she could guess, a day or two later, when she noticed something moving in her direction.. It looked like a rather large ship.



    Selena?s head hurt. She didn?t know what was going on. From what she had seen, the bounty hunters and imperials were shooting at each other. Last thing she knew was that she is now in space. She?s in an escape pod with her wrists cuffed together.

    After two days with no food or water, Selena thought she was going to die. Then a large ship came into view. After a few seconds of debate she decided that she would rather be at the mercy of another bounty hunter than die of thirst or hunger.

    ?Escape pod to Large ship!? She said.

    TAG: ANY
  14. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    OOC: Going on with those still interested

    AMNDRAG, dreven_Aarkanin
    I.B.T. Kreegan's Fist, Deep Space Passenger Freighter
    Currently on the Perlemian Trade Route


    After two days with no food or water, Selena Pavari thought she was going to die. With no food for two days, handcuffed and a headache for days, She was glad to see a ship. Any ship. She didnt care who it was. At this point, anything was better than floating in space. Luckily, the communications system worked just fine. So she used it.

    "Escape pod to Large ship!" She said, calling out to the large vessel.

    The crew of the Kreegan's Fist were busy handling routine details, not much was really expected on this part of the run. That was until now. Their communications system suddenly came to life with a female voice on the other side. The communications officer quickly responded.

    "Oy! Escape pod. This be the 'Kreegan's Fist'. We hear ya. Just keep transmitting, and we'll locate you."

    As Selena watched, the ship paused, and then seemed to steer towards her tiny vessel.

    On board the ship, a general all was being put out. Zayan heard from the other crew, that there was an distress call, some ship out there. Well, at least it was something to break up the boring. And they were close to another planet too. Would be good to get off the ship, and check out something besides the ship.



    --
    Greyjedi, Liam_Vehn, Bloodline
    43rd Regents of Mercy Hospital, Denon


    At least the medical staff seemed proficient. As soon as they had landed, they were moving quickly, with two gurneys to deal with Oakes and Kiyan.

    Grim also saw the uniformed individuals Striker had mentioned.

    "Be careful?." Grim had warned, "No need to aggravate their wounds."

    "We understand." One male answered, as he quickly began to speak in medical lingo to his partner, as he quickly checked out the pairs condition. A female hovered over Kiyan with a concerned look on her face, but offered him a brief smile, as she checked him over. She whispered a quick 'Hi.' to him, while she continued to catalog injuries.

    Striker was off her bike now, and with an air of someone who deals with security, quickly holstered her weapon from her bike to her hip. Grim interrupted the security men as he raised a hand as a sign for him to stop and simply said: "There will be time for questions later, allow them to pass."

    Striker was glad she had a helmet on, as she grinned like mad. She HAD to learn that trick. The man blinked for a second and Grim only tilted his head as he looked directly at the man, who finally echoed his words, but in a gruff tone.

    "There will be time for questions later, allow them to pass."

    "Run along?" Grim added.

    "Run along!" the man ordered.

    Satisfied, Grim nodded. While he worked his miracles, Striker secured the vehicles, moving her bike out of the way first, and then the skycab. Slinging her weapon on her back, she then moved to follow Grim inside, pulling out what looked like some sort of ID.

    She moved with a quick step, towards the main desk. "The two people that were just brought in, are under my protection. Here is my permit to retaining my arms, as my job requires." she flashed her id. Striker tried to concentrate then, trying to see if she might be able to pull off what Grim just did. "I will be
    staying close to them."

    Meanwhile, Grim could see that Kiyan and Oakes were both being led into a rather large room, labeled appropriately enough, ER. Lots of bright lights, and a team of about 10 more medical personnel inside working. Striker was keeping an eye on the doorway. She didnt expect too much trouble immediately. If anything, they
    would most likely have issues leaving, than anything else. But that didnt mean she wasnt going to keep an eye out. She waved at Grim. "Dont worry about me. If I have trouble..you'll know it." Keep and eye on those two. Im sure the local will be back, and the least info they get from us, the better."

    "Besides, need to fi
  15. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 4
    IC:Grim
    43rd Regents of Mercy Hospital, Denon

    The ex-jedi mentally sighed a sign of relief once the local gumshoes were persuaded by his mind trick. As he watched them leave in the other direction, He did noted that the man was not necessarily weak minded and he had to 'push' the persuasion technique a bit more than he would normally need to, which meant it worked because the man probably was not expecting it, and it may not be so easy to pull off next time, which also meant he might need a more subtle and conventional approach.

    To that end, Grim began to think of a few alternatives, even as at very moment, he spied Striker moving in his direction. e gave her a quick nod as they fell in step and strode together towards the reception desk. It was Grim's turn to be the silent observant and allow the captain to speak, while keeping track of their companions, Kiyan and Oakes, via the force.

    Striker flashed an ID while she spoke, ""The two people that were just brought in, are under my protection. Here is my permit to retaining my arms, as my job requires."

    Grim was always amazed at how totally convincing Striker was whenever she assumed a role or persona, and this time, he felt something that almost caused him to raise an eyebrow. Was she using a jedi 'mindtrick' on the receptionist?

    "I will be staying close to them." He heard her finish saying with all the seriousness of a security agent. It wasn't a question, but a complete statement of fact. The receptionist seemed to blink twice, then echoed Striker's voice. Grim casually swiveled his head, looking out for hospital security agents and any cameras that may be about. Keeping a calm, yet unreadable expression, Grim allowed himself to smile in his mind as a saying from so long ago came to mind. "Jedi Business." Oddly enough, it felt that way, at least for the moment, but he did not let himself dwell in the past as he brought his focus back to their present situation full force. He did make a mental note to speak with Striker as soon as possible about 'training her'.

    He may be no master, but if she was Force sensitive and they were going to be working together, then it would be to their collective advantage is she had some sort of training as well. It wouldn't hurt to pass down what he knew, as long as she was judicious as to where and when to use it. Order 66 was a 'grim' reality for anyone associated with the Jedi, and that fact would only add to the dangers she already face while leading an already risky life style.

    Pushing away his plans for the near future to the back of his mind, Grim moved on after the receptionist gave the 'ok', and strode down the wide hospital corridors and towards a transparent double door entrance that was clearly read: EMERGENCY ROOM.

    Glancing to his side, he noticed Striker keeping an eye on the doorway. He slowed his pace then came to a halt as she spoke next.

    "Don't worry about me. If I have trouble..you'll know it."

    Grim simply nodded, making a mental note that the captain expected 'trouble'. He simply breathed out the annoyance the thought of 'trouble makers' brought to mind and continued to listen."Keep and eye on those two. Im sure the locals will be back, and the least info they get from us, the better."

    "I think I have the perfect distraction, or so I hope." Grim said as he tilted his head towards the vending machine to his left with the caffa advertising plastered on the front. "We'll see?"


    "Besides," Striker continued, "We need to figure out what we plan to do next." Striker added. "I have a feeling after we leave this planet, we might gain a few more friends. Any ideas?" she asked him, as she kept watch.

    "I tend to favor improvisation." Grim admitted as he lode about in a casual manner. In the force he was not sensing any danger yet, but he sure was actively scanning for anything that might set-off his jedi senses. Technically, they were vulnerable at the moment, but only more so if the enemy knew their location. Even so, experience dictated that they needed to be re
  16. Vehn Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 14, 2009
    star 4
    IC: Romeyn Oakes
    43rd Regents of Mercy Hospital

    Lights flew by his eyes as the gurney he was strapped to was swamped on all sides by medical staff attending to his wounds. The pain in his chest was starting to come back and Romeyn wanted nothing to do with it. He tried to look around the operating room as droids and organic personnel saw to his every need. His neck wouldn't move, muscles weren't responding.

    Maker, I'm paralyzed Oakes immediately thought as his mind tried to recall the events of the attack on his person in the hangar.

    Memories begin to appear, only flashes at first, then full recreations. Romeyn could remember being shot in the chest and the terrible sucking sound the wound made as he breathed in and out. Vaguely, he recalled being able to stand in the Blue Mynock and realized at that moment that his paralysis must be temporary. Some medical device strapped to his head to keep from damaging vital organs.

    What happened to my friends? Oakes thought as he felt a prick in his arm. He wanted to look down. Wanted to see the needle go into his skin just so he could feel better. The pain subsided. Romeyn struggled to see what was happening. A medical droid placed a metallic hand on his arm to calm his nerves.

    "What's going on?" Romeyn choked out.

    "You've suffered minor damage to your right lung and rib cage. We're repairing the damage now. Just a few centimeters higher and you'd be dead, sir. You can either stay awake for this or go to sleep, your choice. Either way, though, we're going to require your full cooperation," the medical droid announced in the driest of tones.

    "How long?"

    "An hour, maybe less. Depends how well we think you'll be when we're done. Lasers do the nastiest things to flesh," the medical droid replied.

    "Where are my friends?"

    "They're waiting outside for you to recover. Have you made your choice?"

    "Yeah, I'd like to be awake. After being jumped by a bunch of thugs in some public hangar, I'm not closing my eyes for awhile," Romeyn whispered his words slurring due to the effects of the painkillers.

    "Very well. We shall proceed," the medical droid replied.

    Tag: Ktala, Grey
  17. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    AMNDRAG, dreven_Aarkanin
    I.B.T. Kreegan's Fist, Deep Space Passenger Freighter
    Currently on the Perlemian Trade Route

    Selena Pavari escape pod was brought aboard the Kreegan's Fist, after they located the vessel. She watched as the ship grew closer and closer, and lines shot forward, to grab hold of her tiny prison, and bring it next to the much larger vessel. Meanwhile, crew of the Kreegan's Fist were whispering about the type of vessel they had just snagged. The salvage rights should be quite nice indeed.


    On board the ship, a general all was being put out. Zayan watched as they crew expertly pulled the smaller ship to the side, in order to board it. Zayan and a few other crew members were prepped to go over, via a space ramp, and check out who or whatever was on board.

    Selena could heard the thumping sounds, as the ship was docked, and the sounds of the crew as they moved to open the door.
    --

    Greyjedi, Liam_Vehn, Bloodline
    43rd Regents of Mercy Hospital, Denon

    The receptionist seemed to blink twice, then echoed Striker's voice. Striker was thrilled that it worked. She was glad that she had her helmet on, so Grim couldnt see the wide grin that spread across her face. She had a feeling it would not always be that easy, but it was a start. Grim moved past Striker as she kept watch on the doors. He slowed his pace then came to a halt as she spoke next.

    "Don't worry about me. If I have trouble..you'll know it."

    Grim simply nodded."Keep and eye on those two. Im sure the locals will be back, and the least info they get from us, the better." Striker nodded.

    Grim the spoke. "I need to get a better lay of the land. Give me a moment."

    Grim gave a nod, and then moved so that she could keep an eye on the emergency room area, and what was going on inside. She could see Kiyan off to one side, separated from Oakes, who had several attendants with him, and a medical droid.

    Grim was now standing still, his eyes closed.

    ----
    Kiyan was being scanned by several 2 people, and one droid. The lady looked over at him, with a smile, as she ran a medical scanner over his body. "My, that is a serious wound you have, but we can have it fixed up in no time. However, I am also noticing some other damage.." she gave a look towards other human, a quizzical look on her face. The male simply gave a tiny shake of his head, and tapped his scanner. The woman looked back at Kiyan and smiled once more. A rather badly hidden look of sympathy.

    "You just sit right here, and we'll fix you right up now, okay?"

    Grim would be the first to notice that there was a heightened since of tension in the air, and that familiar tingle of something was wrong. Coming from the end of the hallway, Grin would noticed what looked to be some sort of security heading towards the area. A young woman walked with the man, and she was holding some type of Data pad. Striker noticed them, but refused to move from her post. Right now, she was NOT in the mood to deal with these guys. For now, she would let THEM make the first move.

    ---

    In the other area, Oakes was being attended to by the finest doctors on the planet. They kept him up to date, as they worked on him, managing to keep him awake but mostly pain free.

    Mostly.

    Through his haze, even Oakes had to admit that they were very professional. They moved with amazing speed..or it seemed so to him. Course, he had never been on this side of a hospital before. It was rather impressive to watch, as the machines were placed over his chest, and the various lights and droids hovered above him, carefully moving to repair the horrible damage done by the blaster. With a bit of movement, Oakes could see Striker's helmet near the doorway as she stood watch.

    At least things looked like they were going well. He was actually not feeling any major pain, as they worked on him. Nothing too bad, at least. It was almost mesmerizing. Or perhaps that was the painkillers talking.




    Enjoy! ;)
  18. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 4
    OOC: Ktala, I've PMed you about the post below. [face_peace]
  19. Rood_Inverse Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Oct 27, 2010
    IC:Grim
    43rd Regents of Mercy Hospital, Denon

    With eyes closed now and awareness flowing outward, the details of his immediate surroundings seemed to dull and eventually mute as remote areas became clearer to him with incredible keenness. Lifts and surrounding stairwells were known to him now, almost as if he were physically navigating them. Grim did notice that certain doors were locked and required electronic keys to gain access. The emergency exits were not locked, but they were alarmed. There was a decent measure of surveillance in these places and that was completely understandable.

    At this point, Grim was interested in any pathway that could lead them back outside as quickly, or to preferably back to their vehicle. He was investigating this via the force when something else caught his attention. There was tension building nearby?very close in fact. The emergency room. Beside him, he could also feel Striker's aura spike. It was a reaction to something moving towards them. Several somethings.

    At that point, Grim slowly opened his eyes to look right in the direction of those approaching them. They definitely had the look of being security agents. Grim gave exhaled gently and set his feet aside just so and relaxed his shoulders. Both Oakes and Kiyan were still being worked on, so these guys needed to be 'entertained' until the work was finished. From the feelings he felt pouring off from the captain, he could tell she was in no mood to deal with these interlopers..very well, that meant it was up to him to run interference this time around.

    Grim found himself half-smiling as he thought of an old Jedi Master who was so proficient at talking circles around any being, they would totally forget what it was they originally wanted. It was time to see if he could be a fraction as successful.

    Not taking his eyes off the agents Grim watched them approach as he made himself the center of attention. They needed to focus on him while he bought the others time to be mended. Leaving would be something they'd have to deal with when that time came.

    "One thing at a time?" he finally said in a low voice, so only Striker could hear him.

    Tag: Ktala
  20. Vehn Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 14, 2009
    star 4
    IC: Romeyn Oakes
    Denon Hospital

    Oakes was out. Free at last. Sore, but alive, he made his way to the lobby. Surprised to find Striker and Grim waiting for him but there was no sign of the kid. Maybe he had died on the operating table? Unlikely. Making eye contact with Striker, Oakes wanted to give her a hug. She was a good friend. Had been there for him throughout this entire process. Had acted coolly while he was bleeding out over the inside of her vehicle. Yeah, she was the real deal.

    Then there was Grim. The stoic man with a shadowy past. From the darkest depths of the tunnel on Geonosis, Grim had been there to make sure that Oakes lived another day. The man was quiet, but he was steady. Could be relied upon in a firefight. Much had changed since that mission and Oakes was now a wanted man. He would have to explain his past to his friends. Would have to tell them all about his family and their dealings with a band of thugs on Roon.

    "Ready for duty, boss," Oakes said as he gave Striker a nod.

    Maybe the truth could come out a bit later.

    Tag: Ktala, Grey
  21. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    GM NOTICE:
    BLOODLINE, AMNDRAG, dreven_Aarkanin - If no responses are received..your characters will be left behind.


    Rood_Inverse, Liam_Vehn, (Bloodline)
    43rd Regents of Mercy Hospital, Denon

    Striker stood watch, as Grim began to find out what available exits and such were within reach to them. In her own way, Striker was also finding out some details, as her helmet scanned the area. But she let Grim handle such things, as she was more worried about other troubles. And trouble soon came, but not in the way she was quite expecting.

    Two beings, and man and a woman, were approaching there position, with what appeared to be a couple of local guards..or police? Now what was this. Striker turned her head just slightly. Both Kiyan and Oakes were still be worked on.

    Striker was considering if she should take the guard off from her weapon, when she heard Grim's calm voice.

    "One thing at a time?" he said in a low voice, so only Striker could hear him.

    Fine. She would let him handle it. But if these jerks gave them any trouble, or it was some sort of disguise...

    She grunted. As much as she wished, she did realize they were STILL in a hospital. She could not simply open fire. Not here. At least, not with the weapon in her hand. But she did have other resources. Hopefully she would not have to use them. She watched as Grim moved forward to intercept.

    The man stayed silent, as the woman whipped out some id. "Hello, I am Marcova Velaine. Denon ICCCPSA..." She rattled off a bunch of letters Striker had no idea what they meant. "Basically, we are what you might consider the local version of the official branch of Child Protective Services..."

    'CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES? You have GOT to be kidding!!!' Striker thought to herself. Where the heck were THEY so many years ago? she thought sourly. Then again, this was a ritzy if somewhat snooty sort of planet. They might actually have such a thing here. But it should be rather obvious, that Kiyan was NOT from this planet. And she didnt care just HOW out of touch this planet might wish to be, she knew that they had to know of slaves and such. Again, the thoughts of Kiyan came to the surface once more. If THEY wanted to return him to his slave planet and relatives on Tattooine....

    Course, the fact that they had recently been SHOT at might have them singing a different tune. But she didnt think they had even seen Kiyan, so he might be safe.

    The woman flashed a smile at Grim, and spoke once more. "I understand that your group came in from off-world, and you had a pretty banged up child with you. The doctors were a bit ... worried, you understand. Not much information was given, and we are here to correct that situation...." She held out her hand towards Grim. "And you are."

    Striker was again so happy she wore a helmet, as she grinned like mad.

    She was so busy, that it took her a moment to notice movement, as her helmet gave her notice. Oakes!

    She turned her head slightly, as he looked towards her. She held his favorite weapon slung on her back. She gave him a polite nod, but gestured towards where Grim was standing.

    "Ready for duty, boss," Oakes said as he gave Striker a nod.

    "Excellent." came the machine induced male voice that was Striker, from under her helmet. "We are still waiting for one. We will do an update, later." Striker paused, and then added a bit more gently...

    "Glad to have you back."

    Her head then swiveled back to stare at the beings in front of them.


  22. Bloodline Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 18, 2008
    star 1
    IC: Kiyan Tsudo
    43rd Regents of Mercy Hospital, Denon

    The place smelled. Not a bad smell, at least in the traditional sense of the word but it was uncommon to what he was used to back on Tatooine. It was clean and antiseptic with a touch of lemon to keep the senses pleased. It was what brought the child back to consciousness as he found himself laying on a gurney. After traveling through a corridor he was wheeled into a large room, a large florescent sign read ?Emergency Room?. A frog crept in his throat and a series of small hiccups caused a few people in the room to twich in alarm.

    A woman with a pleasant smile peered downwards to him. He remembered her at some point saying hello but he wasn?t sure wherever he imagined it or if it did occur. Another succession of hiccups escaped his throat earning a sweet laugh from the lady. ?I hiccup when I?m nervous...and well, scared? He managed to say, embarrassed. Still smiling good naturedly, she placed a slender hand upon his forehead. ?It?s alright little one! There is nothing to be afraid of; we are just going to run some tests. If anything happens I will be right beside you. I have son around your age, probably a couple years older.?

    A small, rotund elderly man waddled in room. He was dressed in some blood-stained scrubs and a stethoscope hung lazily around his neck. He huffed and puffed with every step he took towards Kiyan?s gurney. ?Yes?yes?I see?.this?whew?is?the boy. Class II wound?? he asked, tapping Kiyan?s bad ankle. The child let out a scream and with a swift hand hit the doctor squarely in the jaw. The doctor blinked in shock and immediately took a step back, looking at the nurse. ?What?what?the...child?quite..a punch for one so small?forgive me child.?

    The woman patted his head and rubbed his forehead to pacify the child, chuckling at the floundering man?s facial expression as he moved away to study a couple of X-ray sheets. ?How is Mr. Oakes doing? Is he okay? Did he make it?? Kiyan asked with slight difficulty. ?Hmm? Oakes..? I?m not sure sweetie?A friend of yours? Once we are done with this, we will check the rosters"She replied, loading a plastic needle with a lavender-colored liquid and inserting it in the child?s wounded ankle. A vicious sensation swam though his leg and he began to shake uncontrollably and writhe around the gurney in pain. He began to cry loudly, crocodile sized tears rolled down his cheeks.



    Tag: All available.
  23. Rood_Inverse Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Oct 27, 2010
    IC:Grim
    43rd Regents of Mercy Hospital, Denon

    The couple approached a man and a woman with what appeared to be two guards in tow. Grim could feel Striker managing her anxiety, as he took in a slow breath to manage his own. A flash came to mind of armored men with drawn weapons inside a burning Jedi Temple and he quickly blinked back that train of thought away. No he had to remain focused. They needed to meet this challenge with could heads so they could walk out just as they had walked in.

    Grim noticed how the captain gripped her weapon and subtly extended a wave of calm to steady her. The Force was their ally, and it would see them through this encounter. With a confident expression in his face Grim took a step forward to meet the incoming group.

    They seemed to be eager to talk, as the woman spoke first and produced some sort of identification, while the man remained silent, as did the accompanying guards. Grim stayed calmed and listened allowing the scene to begin.

    "Hello, I am Marcova Velaine. Denon ICCCPSA?" She rattled off a bunch of letters. "Basically, we are what you might consider the local version of the official branch of Child Protective Services?"

    Grim simply nodded in acknowledgment and continued to listen. Something was happening inside the Emergency Room. There was distant flash of pain. Sudden and sharp. Kiyan? Although he could not give it his undivided attention, he was satisfied that it was NOT something that set-off any of his 'alarms'. At least the child was not in 'danger'.

    The woman flashed a smile at Grim, and spoke once more. "I understand that your group came in from off-world, and you had a pretty banged up child with you. The doctors were a bit ... worried, you understand. Not much information was given, and we are here to correct that situation?." She held out her hand towards Grim. "And you are?"

    "Unless there's some sort of official investigation?", here he paused slightly and glanced at the rest of the woman's male contingent, "?You can call me?Vanguard." Grim said as he suppressed a smile, recalling a previous conversation he'd had so long ago which inspired him to use that name. He looked down at the woman's proffered hand and simply looked at his own adding; "Forgive me, mine are awful dirty." He shrugged slightly and did not shake the woman's hand, offering an apologetic smile instead.

    "So, how good is your intel? As you pointed out, we are from off-world as is the child in question. Aren't hospitals supposed to provide aid to all who need it? I understand your concern miss?Velaine, and actually appreciate it, and I assure you we can pay the bill for the medical services; but unless you have some official reason to keep us, we'd like to tend to our wounded and go about our business. Salvage is hard and honest work, though not nearly as safe as it used to be, given the current state of things, but I shan't bore you with the details. Is there anything else I can do for you?"

    Grim regarded the woman politely and waited for her response. He ignored the men, for now. Peripherally, he saw Oakes join back into the fold and within himself he rejoiced to see his friend hale and ambulant. The Force was with them. Now the last trick would be to recover Kiyan, hopefully without incident. That would be a nice trick for a change.

    Though the pause was not long, Grim took a second to glance over to Romeyn and offer him a nod in welcome. In his mind, he reflected on the deeper meanings of the two words he was inspired to use. Vanguard. Salvage. They were highly appropriate in ways he was only beginning to realize, but reflection would have to wait for later.

    Now, if only they could satisfy the local's curiosity enough to get on with their trip.

    Tag: Ktala, Liam, Bloodline
  24. AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 10, 2008
    star 2
    IC: Selena
    B.T. Kreegan's Fist, Deep Space Passenger Freighter
    Currently on the Perlemian Trade Route



    Selena sighed with relief when she heard the sounds of the escape pod secured by the other ship. She took a deep breath, hoping that this ecounter would be better than the other ones. She felt awkward with the bindings on her wrists.


    The door opened with a crash...


    TAG: The Kreegan's fist
  25. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    ***GM NOTE***

    Have not abandoned game.

    Just decided to hold off until the move.


    .... which hopefully, wont take TOOOO long.

    Gives us a fresh start to deal with!
    ;)
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.