main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars 5 BBY - The Imperial Fist

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sarge221, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker
    Main Street, Outside of the Northern Stew, Merson

Well, it did not take much to get Grim to go along with her plan. And mention of a meal, and the man was smiling.

"So, you gonna come on in, or you gonna stand there drooling in the street? I've got a schedule to keep." Striker stated as he kept walking. Grim gave a short laugh, took a couple of long strides and got himself next to the kid.

"Thanks. I'll pay you back. Double." Grim whispered to the kid as they entered together.

"I'll hold you to that." Striker replied as they walked into the place.

A quick look around revealed a vacant table for two, and another pair of spacers moving towards it. Grim however, was faster on his feet. The way the man moved was positively amazing. Reminded her of the Tusker guy back at the circus. He was a strong man, and he was unnaturally fast also. She chuckled, as Grim got them a booth. Tugging at the hat, she slowly walked over towards the booth. By the time she reached the booth, a serving droid was busy leaving menues on the table, and Grim was already ordering.

"I'll have the same thing. Add add a container of blue milk and a Naboo steakfish to go, please." Striker added as he slid into the booth. Grim leaned back and relaxed.

"The galaxy is full of surprises.." he stated simply, then added. "I'm just glad this is one of the pleasant ones, however infrequently they might come."

Striker nodded. "Yeah. We got to that board just at the right time, and the right place. Seems like fate is pulling a double." she added with a short laugh. She noticed Grim was staring out the window, his mind elsewhere. He then turned towards Striker.

"Merson. Never a dull day...." he stated. "Thank goodness, or else I'd be out of a job." she added.

The serving droid came quick with their meals, and Striker noted with a wry grin that Grim was no longer paying attention. She nodded thoughfully. She had been in his place as well. She knew how it felt. It sucked. Really sucked. So it felt like she was almost human again, to help someone. And with a bit of luck, they could both help out each other. Anyone willing to throw a punch for a stranger...was worth keep an eye out on.

Grim smiled at Striker, nodding. "Thanks kid. I owe you big time!" And without further delay, he dug in with absolute abandon.

Striker didnt say a word, but simply dug into her meal as well. The droid came back, with the take out she had ordered. She quickly paid for it, and then began to enjoy her meal. She didnt want to say anything, just so Grim could enjoy his meal. The way the man was eating, she was sure his ribs were shaking hands with his backbone. Keff, if he had been stuck on here for so long, then work on Merson was not so great. That, or the kinds of jobs they did have to offer, was something he didnt want to take. At least Stiker hopped that was the reason.

Striker ate her meal in silence, enjoying the food quite well. She ordered another two for take out. Oh yeah. Grocery shopping was for a later mission. Right now, this was the best she had felt in ages. So, after a not so long while later..

"BRRRRRRUUPPP!"

Striker leaned back, patting his belly. "Oh yeah. Good eats. Spacers always did know how to pack a good meal." he stated with a grin.

She looked over at Grim, who she was sure would lick the plates if the idea came to him. She tapped her goggles once more, as she looked around. All clear. She leaned back in her seat, staying quiet until the man had finished eating, and looked as if he was full. He ate like some of the boys she used to hang around with in the circus. Bottomless pit. Must not be that old. Old habits die hard. She mulled a few ideas in her mind for a bit, before she spoke to Grim once more.

"Ready for a talk now?" Stiker asked the man. Time to see what his real interests lay.

Tag: Greyjedi, (Sarge)

2. Cheeseywob1337

Cheeseywob1337 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2009
    IC: Rinn Caspian
    The Frozen Fire

Zephyr left the bridge, and walked toward his Jedi friends meeting room. ?Morning Rinn. So advice, help, or what do you suggest? Also the droids got your stuff. It?s in Cargo but we can easily get it up to the hangars.?

Rinn opened his eyes and looked up, Zephyr.
    "I take it we are going into hyperspace? And in-case the Imperials turn up, put my... N1 starfighter in the Hangars. Can you lock down the Main Hangar Deck too, in-case the Imperials arrive? I have a lightsaber and Jedi Robes in there." Rinn replied.
    "As you probably noticed, they sent some blasts towards us, so I recommend going into hyperspace... " Caspian recommended, pausing.
    "Corellia." He announced, having decided that it was where the Imperials wouldn't expect them, and if they would attack them, it would break the Emperors deal with the Corellian Government. He stood up and pressed a button on the table, and a Hologram of Corellia came up.
    "The Emperor wouldn't dare send a armed force to Corellia, and they wouldn't expect Jedi to hide there." Caspian explained, and zoomed the Hologram in to the 12th Busiest City.
    "Not Too Crowded, but we still will have enough people to hide behind."

Tag: Draco

3. Draco_Drake

Draco_Drake Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2010
    IC Zephyr
    The Frozen Fire

?Corellia." He announced, having decided that it was where the Imperials wouldn't expect them, and if they would attack them, it would break the Emperors deal with the Corellian Government. He stood up and pressed a button on the table, and a Hologram of Corellia came up.
    ?Father, Dump the Droid and leave the brain with us.? Zephyr was talking via the comms ?Also leave a note that says, ?learn to specify?.? Momentarily the Droids body was seen going out of the ship, via one of the empty escape shafts. The Hangar closed as the blast doors came down and the N-1 was transferred up to the hangar. The already warmed up, hyperdrive propelled the ship to exit normal space and into Hyperspace.

After several jolts and reports coming in, everyone reported the all clear. Father Nihil Larrs reported the Imperials would guess they went to Issagra Station, not Corellia. Lola entered the meeting room with drinks, wearing a white dress. She placed the drinks on the table between Caspian and Zephyr, yawned and left for bed. Zephyr broke the silence first, ?Father change the I.D.s back to normal. Have Azu read Lola a bedtime story and have Ra prepare Caspian a bed.? Zephyr didn?t wait to hear a response, ?So Caspian, in the first hours we?ve met, I?ve been almost boarded, forced to dump a droid body leaving its brain behind, and have a mysterious person who brandishes his saber around like it?s the latest fashion. What else do you have in store for me?? Zephyr laughed, as he began to drink Lola?s Special.

Tag: Cheesey and Imperials on clean up.

OOC: Sorry Lemon for leaving the party, but its what my Charecter would have done:D Although now you hae an excuse to rip apart Issagra Station:D

4. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Grim
    Main Street, The Northern Stew, Merson

The meal was one of the most delicious Grim ever remembered having. That's what starving for nearly two weeks would do to you. He probably shouldn't have gorged himself like that, but he was more than willing to endure the repercussions. It was so easy to take for granted something like a daily meal.

Satisfied with the meal just consumed, the ex-jedi placed his hands behind his head, leaned back and relaxed.

"That was simply amazing..." he stated with a smile. Indeed, it had felt as if he hadn't eaten for an eternity.

Striker let out a big BURP!! which made Grim laugh in response. He watched as the youngster leaned back as well and patted his own belly in satisfaction. A good moment to be shared and enjoyed.

"Ready for a talk now?" Stiker asked. Grim nodded, becoming just a bit more serious minded. He looked around first before speaking. His eyes revealed nothing out of the ordinary and he wasn't getting any 'alarms' from the Force.

"Alright..."Grim said as he leaned in, interlocked his fingers, put both elbows on the table and rested his chin atop his hands. "Out of the two jobs we saw, I'm....." Grim paused briefly, as he needed to phrase this correctly. "Well, I think Geonosis might yield the best results, given its recent history and such. But I'm willing to travel to whichever destination you deem more....profitable. Only problem is, how do we get there?"

Grim played things in a casual manner, but was actually paying keen attention to what was being said. It was his habit. Folks didn't always say what they meant, so you had to piece things together by inference. But in this case, he did not believe he had to worry much about deception. Yes, everyone had their secrets, it was the nature of things, but there was no mutual deception taking place here, at least none that he could sense. Striker had been direct and forthright, going as far as to take a chance to feed him. He would honor that trust. Who knew, after the job, they might decide to stick together, maybe. It was too soon to tell, but he had a feeling about this kid.

His life had been spared for a reason, perhaps answers were slowly falling in place. But this was not the time to over-think things. One step at a time, that was the wisest course of action.

Holding his peace, Grim waited to hear Striker's opinion on the matter at hand.

Tag: Ktala

5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker
    The Northern Stew, Merson

"Ready for a talk now?" Stiker asked. Grim nodded, looking serious.

"Alright..." Grim said as he leaned in, interlocked his fingers, put both elbows on the table and rested his chin atop his hands. "Out of the two jobs we saw, I'm....." Grim paused briefly, as he needed to phrase this correctly. "Well, I think Geonosis might yield the best results, given its recent history and such. But I'm willing to travel to whichever destination you deem more....profitable. Only problem is, how do we get there?"

Striker leaned forward as Grim spoke, listening closely before she spoke. "I've heard of Geonosis....Pretty sure the Empire ripped that place a new one..but..." Striker held out a finger. "Its got potential for stuff being hidden. The other system...uh...I've heard stuff about it. Not to sure I want to go there. Sounds more like a fools errand to me.I dont fancy much digging around in the mines. Imperial mines at that." he spoke, nodding his head. "Also, less chance to run into anyone ELSE for that matter. And as for getting there... well, thats not as much of a problem as you think, actually." Striker gave a wicked grin.

Striker then stood up. "Come on. My pal's gonna be awfully ticked off enough that I too so long to return. Will never hear the end of it." Striker gave a short laugh, as he picked up his satchel once more, and prepared to head out. "So..you interested in a jump or two? Earn you at least a few creds hopefully, if we find something. At least pay me back for the meal. We can see what else from there. Fair enough offer. Get you off this lovely vacation spot."

Striker turned, and headed out of the establishment. Had to admit, that was good eats. Now, and good bit of sleep would do wonders. Had to make sure the ship had been prepped and refueled before they left. No real hurry. A ghost planet that could wait just a bit more.

"Hope you dont mind, but its habit." Striker stated, as he suddenly veered off the main path. He was using his tracking skills now, to hide their way back towards the ship. It would probably take Grim a few moments to notice that they were actually heading for the shipyards. Unless Striker was in a hurry, he never took the same way there and back.

Soon, the shipyards came into view. Striker looked down at a timepiece. Shaking his head, he picked up his steps, as he made a beeline for a ship. If Grim was any good at ships, he would recognize it as a Skipray. There were various writings on it, all done in shades of blue. It looked kind of old from a distance, but as Grim and Striker grew closer towards the ship, Grim could see that the ship was in pristine condition. The look was mainly a paint job. Interesting. And he could make out the writing, all over the ship, done in several languages.

The Blue Mynok.

Stiker paused as he reached the door, giving a gentle tape. He turned his back towards Grim for a moment, doing something towards the door. He then looked back over at Grim.

"Hope my pal likes you. If not, things could get ugly quick. Id suggest you not make any sudden moves...."

Striker grinned, as she panned open the door, refusing to explain anything else.

Suddenly, a large black streak, shot out of the doorway, like it had been launched. Even with Grim's speed, it took him a few moments to identify the huge streak that headed for him, and then began to circle him. It was a spukamas, a rather large one at that. It let out such a large growl, that for a moment, Grim had the impression that it was a longtooth, instead of a spukamas. The cat circled him carefully, its large green eyes seemed to burn a hole right through him. It then carefully sniffed at Grim, as if trying to assess everything about the man in some way. Another sniff..

Then, just as quick, the growling stopped. The tail dropped down, as she gave him a quick.. "meow!" and then turned away from him as if he wasnt interesting anymore. The feline then turned towards Striker.

"Mrrr...meowwww..mrrrp!" she stated, before going back into the s

6. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Shipyards, Merson

Yeah, Grim had a good feeling about the kid. It must be that dry sense of humor, he found it to his liking. At the very least, they seemed to be agreeable on the things that mattered, like the job at hand for instance. They were both set on going to Geonosis, mostly for the same reasons. Mostly. He too believe in the 'hidden separatist cache theory', and hoped they found their prize, though he expected it would be challenging. But he also hoped to find items concerning a more specific group of beings. Now THAT was the long shot. But also, more significantly, it seemed they had a ship to travel in. At least that's what he believed the kid was hinting.

Striker stood up then. "Come on. My pal's gonna be awfully ticked off enough that I took so long to return. Will never hear the end of it." the youngster gave a short laugh, as he picked up his satchel once more, and prepared to head out. "So..you interested in a jump or two? Earn you at least a few creds hopefully, if we find something. At least pay me back for the meal. We can see what else from there. Fair enough offer. Get you off this lovely vacation spot."

It was Grim's turn to laugh now. Yes, it was the way the kid phrased things that amused him. "Sure thing, I'm game." The ex-jedi put out his hand for the kid to shake. That would at least verbally seal their agreement. Grim side glanced the kid and grew pensive for a second. He kept mentioning a 'partner', but did not elaborate much, which made him quite curious. He'd play it cool and see what came of it. A leas he was getting a head's up of some sort.

"Hope you don't mind, but its habit." Striker stated, as he suddenly veered off the main path. Grim actually smiled, totally understanding the tactic. He never took the same route twice when heading back to shantytown. Hmmm. They seemed to be heading towards the shipyards, so....perhaps there was a ship after all.

Soon, the shipyards came into view. Striker looked down at a timepiece. Shaking his head, he picked up his steps, as he made a beeline for a ship. Grim recognize the ship the kid ran towards as a Skipray. Very nice. At first glance, he noticed the various writings on it, all done in shades of blue. It looked kind of old from a distance, but as they drew closer towards the ship, Grim could see that the ship was in pristine condition. The look was mainly a paint job. Impressive Hmmm, how curious. The ship's name had been written in several languages.

The Blue Mynok.

Grim let out a whistle of admiration.

"Very nice, indeed."

Striker paused as he reached the door, giving a gentle tap. He turned his back towards Grim for a moment, doing something towards the door. He then looked back over at Grim, who was now watching the kid with curiosity.

"Hope my pal likes you. If not, things could get ugly quick. I'd suggest you not make any sudden moves...."

Hmmm. That was an interesting warning, which the ex-jedi took in stride as he opened up his force senses to find out what he could about this mysterious pal.

Striker grinned, as she panned open the door, refusing to explain anything else.

Suddenly, a large black streak, shot out of the doorway, like it had been launched. Grim's eyebrows shot up and he almost forgot not to make any sudden movements. He'd almost used the force to deflect whatever had lept out. Thankfully, he could muster restraint when he truly needed to. It took him a moment to identify what it was as the dark shape began to circle him. It was a spukamas, a rather large one at that. It let out such a large growl, that for a moment, Grim had the impression that it was a longtooth, instead of a spukamas. The cat circled him carefully, its large green eyes seemed to burn a hole right through him. It then carefully sniffed at him, as if trying to assess everything about him in some way. Another sniff..

Grim stayed very still and awaited for the spukamas' verdict. He smiled inwardly, now understanding that this was the kid's 'partner'.

Then, just as quickly, the growling sto

7. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Liesl Bridehead

?I've done what I could...but I am no mechanic that is quite sure. I shall leave you to it...I'll be in the cockpit if you need me,? Culain said before departing.

What a novel idea, Liesl thought, Actually leaving me to do my work in peace?Maker bless your heart.

The mechanic located the datajack for the engine room and plugged her datapad in to get a diagnostic scan run on the state of the engines. Nine times out of ten it was just that easy to figure out what was wrong with a ship that way. Of course, Liesl had known a lot of spacers who hadn?t exactly had to time to run a neat little scan because they had somebody shooting at them and that kind of took precedence. Then again, there always was that tenth time. Those could be tricky.

While the datapad ran its tests, Liesl did a visual inspection of the engines to see if anything looked blatantly wrong. It didn?t appear that any of the shots the Muurian had taken had penetrated the engines, which was a good thing. If she?d seen evidence of that, entirely new engines probably would have been needed and that was definitely not in line with the plan.

?The plan.? Like it?s something so formal, Liesl said and snorted to herself, No, it?s just an outside chance of making some good money on my own. Honestly. The last part was important. Even though Issagra Station wasn?t founded on the most upstanding of industries, that didn?t mean Liesl was going to relax her morals. Beings? lives depended on her repairs. That wasn?t something she took lightly. She wasn?t going to cheat anyone else in the process?and she wasn?t going to let anyone cheat her.

The datapad pinged, indicating the end of its run. Liesl reviewed the report and then inspected the problem area herself. Yeah, that?s definitely a problem. She ran through some numbers in her head as she remained squatting, examining things.

Liesl made her way to the cockpit where she found Culain. She knocked respectfully on the doorframe with a couple of her left knuckles. ?Hi,? Liesl said, ?Turns out things aren?t that bad. The scan only brought up one issue. The grav housing out-and-out collapsed on you. If you tried to spool your engines up right now, I honestly have no idea what would happen. Without the grav housing, things just go haywire during start up. Now once you get it going, everything?s just fine, but actually being able to start the engines is a real trick. I can try to fix what?s there, but I don?t recommend it. Maybe if it was just cracked?? Liesl wiggled her hand to indicate that maybe then she could do something about it. ?Really though, with a total collapse like you?ve got in there, you?ll need a new housing. Before, I give you a quote, what?s your call on the blaster marks? Full hull integrity scan or just cleaning up the scorching??

Tag: Morkai

OOC: A word of thanks to the Firefly RPG sourcebook and its Technobabble section for allowing me to actually come up with a randomly generated, intelligent problem!

8. Cheeseywob1337

Cheeseywob1337 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2009
    IC: Rinn Caspian
    The Frozen Fire

?So Caspian, in the first hours we?ve met, I?ve been almost boarded, forced to dump a droid body leaving its brain behind, and have a mysterious person who brandishes his saber around like it?s the latest fashion. What else do you have in store for me?? Zephyr laughed, as he began to drink Lola?s Special.

"Latest Fashion? I am just loyal to the republic. The Jedi never have been extinct, and we need to keep them alive until someone can stop the Empire. We thought we had won the old Jedi Sith War Millennia Ago, but instead it was a Thousand Year Ceasefire, allowing the Sith to take down almost the Entire Order in a fortnight. There is hardly anyone left to keep alive any more, but the Lightsaber keeps their name alive." Caspian said, almost angrily, before slipping his lightsaber out and placing it on the table.
    "There was a few Thousand of these 20 Years ago. Now there is less than 50. Someone needs to keep them alive." Caspian muttered, standing up and igniting the blade. It was green, but the colour had begun to dim.
    "I offered to help you practice with that VibroSword. My other blade is with my LandSpeeder, so it would be equal now. I was taught by Master Drallig how to set it for Training, so it will be fully safe. We might need it." Rinn asked, hoping to get a bit of practice with his Lightsaber. He extinguished it, looking at Zephyr.

Tag: Draco
    OOC: I am going away from tomorrow until next Weekend, so I will be unable to post for a bit.

9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Striker
    Shipyards, Merson

Grim gave no trouble all the way back to the ship. Though he didnt look like it, Striker was observing Grim. Probably about as much as Grim was observing Striker. Fair enough trade. At least the man seemed to loosen up more. Yeah, well a full belly tended to make most folks a tad more agreeable.

But the FUN part was the intro of Grim and Daks. At least the guy took direction well. He didnt freak out OR move, when Daks came to give him the once around.

And luckily, Striker was bearing gifts.

Grim had stayed very still and awaited for the spukamas' verdict. Which was good. Striker had not been kidding. Seemed that Daks could tell a lot about some folks. Those she didnt take kindly too, she let them know it almost immediately. After Grim passed the test, Striker strolled up inside the ship.

"YOU COMING IN, OR WHAT?!" Striker yelled behind him.

Grim laughed.

"Kid, I wouldn't miss it for the world."

Once Grim strolled inside, he would notice that the first room seemed a bit...crowded. But there was a visible path through the space, that lead through towards the other areas of the ship. Though he couldnt see Striker at the moment, he could hear sounds, as the doors closed behind him.

"Ouch! Will you stop that! I Did bring.. OUCH! ...

CUT IT OUT!"

"MRRRRRRRRRRROW!"

Didn't take long to find Striker and the cat creature exchanging pleasantries as Striker took off the pack. Reaching in, he pulled out the container of blue milk, and strolled over towards a feeding area. The Cat however, was busy tearing and nipping at her bottom of his pant legs, as if trying yank Striker to the bowl. Striker was obviously not moving along fast enough.

Once the blue milk, and some of the fish made it into the container however, the cat left her alone, to dive headfirst into the meal.

"..Why do I keep you?" Striker muttered softly, as he gave the large cat a pat on the head. It looked up at him for a moment.

"Mrr..owwww? Meow!" it replied, and then went back to eating. Striker gave a sharp laugh. Standing up, Striker looked over at grim, rubbing has hands off on his jumpsuit.

"Well, since you didnt mention stopping for anything, I'm guessing yer a spacer type. Got everything you need." Striker stated, as he took off the floppy hat, stuffing it back into the pocket of the coat.

The coat was hung up on a peg, and Striker waved for Grim to follow. Striker led the man past several door, and pointed to a room with a large 3 written on it. "You can store your gear in there. Probably aint as fancy as the place you were staying, but it will do."
    Striker told Grim, as he turned around and headed for the front of the ship.

As he did, he continued speaking. "Before we leave, I need to make sure those crock pots did their job, and at least topped off on the fuel. And that nothing went missing, though I doubt that." Striker gave a dark chuckle. Striker passed a room, that had a strange symbol written in green on the door. Hmm. Something about that symbol....

Anyway, Striker didnt turn around, but the voice was serious. "That room, is off limits, unless invited. Period. You enter without notice, and you'll find out a entirely new meaning of the term 'space docked.' Got it? Striker asked. As Striker drew near the control area, Grim could see that there was something different about it, even if he couldn't exactly put his finger on it. He did however notice the blasters pointed outwards from the ships cockpit. The guns were tracking Grim's movements.

Striker turned, and looked over at Grim. "You any good at navigation or gunner? You look like you could handle yourself pretty well back there. You on this ship, you gotta work. This aint no passenger cruise ship. Even my partner, Daks works." Striker told Grim. "Navigation's and ..."

Her head turned suddenly as she spied something from the window of the ship. A small yellow light was blink on her console. "POOO DO!.uhh...Just a sec..."

Striker turned, and literally bounded down the isle, quickly exiting the ship. She moved around to the front o

10. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    GM INTERVENTION

Alrighty...*cracks knuckles, rolls shoulders*

As it may have been circulated, I'm sure people - specifically the players - are well aware of some certain posts that were made that are in violation of not only my rules but the rules that had been set in stone by our RPing Mods. After some thought, I have decided to unleash...

GM DISCIPLINARY ACTION

Cheeseywob1337 and Draco_Drake are in violation of these rulings:

1. Taking control of NPCs that have been stated in the opening post to be under the direct control of the GM (the squads of stormtroopers and Star Destroyer on Naboo).

2. Godmoding. By undergoing actions (going right into hyperspace) that leave no chance for other players (BLemelisk) to respond appropriately. Not only was the action a breaking of rules but it was also a technical impossibility (you cannot go into hyperspace in Naboo's atmosphere).

In my opening post I have told players to play smart and keep in mind of the consequences that will occur with their decisions in the game. Thus, with the actions that these players undertook, they have opened themselves up to Imperial disciplinary response.

By that I of course mean Kessel.

In the GM's ruling, the corvette did not jump into hyperspace. Instead, due to being in Naboo's atmosphere, the engines of the corvette stalled and thus made it a prime target for Kol Arantis's more powerful vessel to disable it. Due to the sighting of a Jedi that had engaged Imperial personnel that put it in the same area as the hangar that a corvette had been sighted taking off from - the captain of which resisting and defying Imperial authority - heavy reinforcements were used to board and take control of the corvette.

Thus, one Rinn Caspian and Zephyr were taken and found guilty. Stripped of their possessions, the two characters have now been transferred to the spice mines of Kessel.

All Players: Let this be a warning to not only them but other players of the forums and this game. The point of role-playing games is to have fun while players conduct themselves as prescribed by the role-playing rulings. Breaking of these rules will be met with disciplinary action. As you have just seen. As a GM, not only are my duties to provide enjoyable games but also to enforce not only my rulings but the rulings of the mods in order to let this game be enjoyable for everyone.

11. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Romeyn Oakes
    Merson

Romeyn Oakes was alive. Somehow. The asteroid field had not sent his atoms into the vacuum of space. That in and of itself was a tale worth telling, someday, whenever he got the chance.

One quick scan of the console attached to his tiny command chair aboard Ruby Peak indicated that the computer was thoroughly trashed and that the freighter was currently drifting lazily at a slow pace toward Merson's orbit.

Must have overloaded the computer trying to plot a course through the hunk of rocks back there. Fine by me. Least I won't be making any random jumps to hyperspace that would take me through a supernova or black hole. Hopefully somebody has heard my distress signal. Somebody who wants a good man on their team. Somebody who needs a steady hand, Oakes thought as he stood up from his command chair and stared out the transparisteel windows at the rotating orb known as Merson below his position.

His mind drifted to the cargo containers magnetically sealed in the clam shell hull of the ship from the cold elements of space and also any sudden movements by the vessel. Thankfully, the cargo had stayed put, at least, if the sensors could be trusted. Romeyn felt a deep sense of regret and sadness as he thought about the goods his family needed sold so they could keep the government off their back about late payments and avoid the potentially frightening prospect of foreclosure.

It was a lot of pressure to be under for a young man from Roon, new to the troubles of the galaxy but experienced in the troubles of running a ranch and surviving.

Survival. Yeah, that's what it has always been about. My family will understand. I sold the herd of nerfs, made a sizable profit on those animals which should help them for awhile. But it won't keep the Imperial tax collectors away for long. Sooner, rather than later, they'll be back, asking for more money. Insatiable greedy scum. And still the burden falls on my shoulders to do something about my family's monetary problems. Tough luck, Romeyn. All I've got now is my blaster carbine, some blaster cells and rations, and a whole lot of hatred for an Empire that isn't making it any easier for people like us to survive.

Oakes punched the button to resend the distress signal. "Come on, people. Someone's got to have a heart."

Tag: Ktala, GreyJedi

12. Morkai

Morkai Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2005
    IC: Culain Macshael
    Issagra station

?Really though, with a total collapse like you?ve got in there, you?ll need a new housing. Before, I give you a quote, what?s your call on the blaster marks? Full hull integrity scan or just cleaning up the scorching??. GAK culain thought, replacing a full housing would take up time he did not have, for all he knew the imperials were already on their way and they knew this ship, it seemed he had very little choice. Outwardly Culain sighed wearily and rested a hand against the scanner display. Talking almost underneath his breath "too long, too long, by the time she's done they could be here" he shook his head "cant leave it here, she'll be in enough danger for helping me as it is". Straightening he turned to her "please accept my apologies i wasnt aware of the extent of the damage till now and im afraid i dont have enough time for you to work on it". Reaching into his utility belt he pulled out double what he thought the standard rate would be "im sorry for the inconvenience but could you get her started for me" he took her hand and gently put the money in it. "Im afraid im going to have to dispose of my ship, no time im afraid" hew finished with a self depricating smile.

TAG: Trieste

13. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Aubrey Daviau
    Corellian Orbit, Shipyards, Aboard the Imperial DP20

Inside the frigate, a few things happened at once. Damian, Ruuj and Tia yelled out, and Ralil dashed forward. The cadence that Aubrey heard was a mixture of voices and sounds.

?Lights!? ?Droid!? ?Ralil, stop it!?

Aubrey didn?t who has said what, but she could discern what it all meant. She flipped the lights inside the ship back on, and shut down the sector that the breach team was in. That would allow Ralil to get the droid and hold it until Aubrey could reprogram it. Now, it was up to them to handle that situation. Aubrey had to focus on getting in the ship herself.

She reopened the external blast door, and then pulled herself to that back of the ship, where the remaining two crewmembers, a secondary mechanic droid and a Devaronian scout, waited for her. She followed them into the pressurization chamber. When the process was complete, Aubrey opened the internal blast door to see Ruuj holding a battered and deactivated R5 astromech droid. He set it down on her command and backed away as she began to reboot its systems, wipe its memory and shift its ownership. She nodded at Ralil.

?Work on the door to the cockpit, while I finish with the droid. Ruuj, Damian, get ready to breach and hold. If there is anyone aboard, we?re sending them off here.?

Ralil ran forward to the next door, flanked by Ruuj, Damian and the Devaronian, Jemargh. The Herglics were carrying DH-17 Carbines and Jemargh had a DC-15S. Ralil finished first, and the door swung open to the cockpit.

Tag: Sarge

14. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Aboard the Blue Mynok, Merson Shipyards, Merson

As was his custom, Grim curt and respectful bow right before he entered the ship. He was a guest aboard someone else's ship, so he observed proper courtesy. Once aboard, he listened and touched nothing, as he followed Striker, listening keenly to what the youth had to say. Grim did wonder if he had no other crew, besides the spukamas.

Striker had assumed correctly that he already had all his belongings with him. To that effect, Grim produced a small pouch and nodded. Striker led him through several doors and pointed out that the one with the large '3' on it would be his.

"You can store your gear in there. Probably ain't as fancy as the place you were staying, but it will do." Grim gave a humorous scoff at the claim. This was leagues better than flea infested shantytown. As they walked, Grim noticed another door with a strange symbol on it. For some reason, it looked vaguely familiar. It was hard to place...but his thoughts were quickly derailed by Striker's voice. He sounded serious.

"That room, is off limits, unless invited. Period. You enter without notice, and you'll find out a entirely new meaning of the term 'space docked.' Got it? Striker asked.

"Got it." GRim echoed in acknowledgment, raising his hands as if someone was pointing a blaster at him and quickly moving away from the door in question. As a guest, he had no intention of offending his host. Off limits meant just that! Whatever was inside the room must be very valuable indeed.

They walked further in, arriving now at the front of the ship. As Striker drew near the control area, Grim could see that there was something different about it, even if he couldn't exactly put his finger on it. He did however notice the blasters pointed outwards from the ships cockpit. The guns were tracking Grim's movements. Well, that wasn't very welcoming. At least they weren't shooting at him.

"Those going to be on me at all times?" he asked, curious.

Striker turned, and looked over at Grim. "You any good at navigation or gunner? You look like you could handle yourself pretty well back there. You on this ship, you gotta work. This ain't no passenger cruise ship. Even my partner, Daks works."

"I can be your gunner and navigator..." Grim managed to put in.

"Navigation's and ..."

The kid's head turned suddenly as he spied something from the window of the ship. A small yellow light was blinking on her console. "POOO DO!.uhh...Just a sec..."Striker turned, and literally bounded down the isle, quickly exiting the ship.

"Guess I'll just wait here..." Grim said with a shrug. Following Striker's trajectory, the ex-jedi looked out the ship's viewport and watch the action outside. Striker was arguing with a droid. It looked quite lively, and very humorous.

It wasn't long before Striker stomped back inside the ship. "Stupid durkins! Next time, I'm putting her down on my own spot. Nasty taggers. Ain't no one tracking this ship! Every time I come into one of these places, I got to double check. I dont do free runs!" He growled. All Grim could do is shrug in silence.

Sill observant, the ex-jedi watched as Striker's hand slapped a control. He then noticed that the guns no longer tracked him. Well, that was a relief. The kid seemed a bit flustered as he sat himself down.

"So, I guess if we're taking a job, we'd better get there quick. They trimmed us off, so we're good to go whenever. Just need to check the air, make sure nothing in orbit that I will need to steer clear of..."

"Ok, I guess that means I got the Nav duties." Grim ventured with a lop-sided smile. He moved towards the nav sation and sat. "Let me bring up coordinates. We need a jump point and a destination. Geonosis, correct?"

Striker spun his chair around, to look at Grim, his blaster laying across his lap.

"Ya know how you always talking about life's little mysteries? Well, have I got one for you. Think about it, as life's little kick to the head. I do."

Grim stopped what he was doing and gave Striker an even look. H

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lana Vangress (Striker)
    Aboard the Blue Mynok, Merson Shipyards, Merson

A big smile of surprise was growing on Grim's face. Well, that was a good sign.

"So...you in for the long haul...? Or do I drop ya off someplace?" Lana asked.

Grim let himself laugh now. "Oh, wow....uhm....I knew it!!" he said, still smiling at the surprise. "I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but...I guess it was the rising voice and the size of your hands that made me suspect. And I wondered why you put on 'two' hats instead of switching them."

Grim looked straight into Striker's eyes and nodded respectfully, as she now gave him a smile.

"I can see why you would have to resort to an 'alter-ego' in order to get around. It makes dealing with certain types of individuals a lot easier. It's so funny, because I swore I had sensed....." Grim stopped cold. Now, THAT was interesting. What had he sensed? She would have to be more careful with her alter ego.

"What I mean to say is...." Grim began again. "...there's absolutely no problem here." He spoke frankly and with a reassuring tone. "I'm more than honored by your trust....and I promise to return the gesture." He then gave her a wink of his green eye, then turned to continue with the input of astrogations coordinates.

"Ready when you are Capt'n!"

Striker turned back in her seat, putting away the gun, as she ran her fingers thought her hair. Ahh, that felt so much better. Well, he didnt freak. Another plus. Things were starting to look up.

"Good. Well now that that's settled... Striker leaned forward to turn up the ships communication array, to check the local space for any ships in the immediate area. "I say we should get the heck outta this lovely spot, and go see what it is we can find on this little bounty of ours. I could definitely use .."

Striker froze when her comlink suddenly burst into life with static. The the ships comlink came alive with what was the universal distress signal. It was local. FRACK. She looked over at Grim. The question was, was this a real signal, or a hoax? Sending out a signal this close to Merson could be seen by some as a ripe chance.

Then a voice crackled across the Mynok's comlink. "Come on, people. Someone's got to have a heart."

"Wonderful." Striker replied dryly. "Even if its true..Its a trap. But still..." Striker mulled it over a few moments, as she flicked on the switch to start the engines. They quickly came to life, even as she began to final preps to launch, making sure everything was locked and secured.

["Unknown Ship. What's your local and problem?"] she replied as she fired the main engines. ["Unknown ship. Trim your signal and respond."] she stated. "What a lovely start of this mess." Striker muttered aloud. With a flick of her wrists, the main engines came to life in a fury of flames and a rumble that shook the entire ship.

"I'm really not liking this. Smells too much like a bait." she growled, as she launched the Blue Mynok from the port, waiting to hear a reply from the supposed distressed ship. She looked over at Grim. "If you see anything that looks like a trap...take care of it." Striker told grim, as she slipped the plain goggles over her eyes, giving them a click.

"Time to beat the thickets..."

Tag: GreyJedi, Liam

16. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Space Beyond Merson

Oakes' attention had been fully diverted to the system scan he was now running on his damaged vessel. Thus, it came as a very big surprise when his comm crackled and a voice came through saying, "Unknown Ship. What's your local and problem?", "Unknown ship. Trim your signal and respond."

Seems I might not be stranded after all Romeyn thought as he adjusted the comm to the proper specifications and began to respond, "Hello? Yeah, this is Romeyn Oakes of the Ruby Peak, position BA-10, roughly three klicks out from Merson. My computer went haywire on me and plotted a course to this planet, dropping me off in the middle of the asteroid field. I've suffered structural damage as well as electrical. The computer system is shot and I'm drifting slowly into Merson's orbit."

Oakes paused, contemplated what he wanted to say next. "I understand if you have reason to doubt my intentions but believe me, I'm no pirate. Lowering shields so that you can dock should you choose to do so. But I warn you, I am armed and will not take any treachery. So you just come on in here nice and slow and maybe we can have a chat. Space out here is dangerous and a man has to be prepared at all times, Oakes out."

17. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Aboard the Blue Mynok, Merson

Grim listened carefully to the Unknown ship's message. He squinted his eyes and his head was half-tilted, almost as if he were listening for more than what was being said. It was a rough galaxy out there, possible dangers lurked in every encounter, and one could not afford to be too trusting. Being extra careful was always the better option, however, once again, Grim was not convinced that there was an immediate danger here. At least not from this distress caller. His ability to smell danger was....well, uncanny!

He also found it interesting that the pilot in need voiced similar concerns. This was Merson, after all. A pirate's playground.

"I say we check it out, Capt'n..." Grim suggested as he got up from the nav station. "This is your ship, so it's your call. I'll go man the Laser Turret....Just in case."

A wink and a smile later, Grim swiftly made it to the ship's Laser turret and had it online in a jiffy. It was merely a precaution,just in case things turned sour. But he was confident that their 'good turn' had not suddenly taken a nose dive. He would know, for he was all too familiar with that particular occurrence.

Tag: Ktala (Liam)

OOC: I have some things to do a bit later, but I should be back. Ktala, you have permission to move my character as needed for the sake of the scene. WOOT!!!

18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: Edit...Im a slow poke! :)

Lana Vangress - Striker
    Aboard the Blue Mynok, Leaving Merson

As the Blue Mynok engines moved to push itself out of Merson's planetary grip once more, her comlink began to come to life, this time sounding much better, as the person on the other end responded.

"Hello? Yeah, this is Romeyn Oakes of the 'Ruby Peak', position BA-10, roughly three klicks out from Merson. My computer went haywire on me and plotted a course to this planet, dropping me off in the middle of the asteroid field. I've suffered structural damage as well as electrical. The computer system is shot and I'm drifting slowly into Merson's orbit."

Striker winced. Man, that had to hurt. But she had never heard of a computer plotting a course. Screwing up a course that had already been plugged in - yeah, but plotting one on its own. Sounds like someone had tampered with his ship to her. The fact that it sent him to Merson was evident enough.

"I say we check it out, Capt'n..." Grim suggested as he got up from the nav station. "This is your ship, so it's your call. I'll go man the Laser Turret....Just in case." A wink and a smile later, Grim swiftly made it to the ship's Laser turret and had it online in a jiffy. Striker nodded. "Yeah. Sweep the area for any hidden ships, too." She told Grim as they cruised the area. She then turned back to her comlink.

"Alright, Ruby Peak. We got ya on the Ba-10. Try not to play with the rocks, we see if we can help you out."

There was a paused, and the person who identified himself as Romeyn Oakes replied: "I understand if you have reason to doubt my intentions but believe me, I'm no pirate. Lowering shields so that you can dock should you choose to do so. But I warn you, I am armed and will not take any treachery. So you just come on in here nice and slow and maybe we can have a chat. Space out here is dangerous and a man has to be prepared at all times, Oakes out."

Striker almost snorted.

Oh yeah. This guy has got a pair. He's the one stuck in the rock grinder. But we better hurry, cause if this guy's legit, then any banger within operating limits is gonna home in on him, like a dog to raw meat."

Striker looked over, now having location of where the ship was located, spun her ship around as she head for the coordinates given. She took a wide approach, so she could get a good look at what was happening. If there were any ships nearby, she wanted to find out quick. So she gave him a quick fly-by.

Once she was happy that it looked legit, she slowed her engines down, slowly coming around so she could get a look at the damage done to his ship.

"Stang!"

She flicked her comlink switch.

"Alright Ruby Peak. We got ya in sight. You looked like you pretty banged up there. So, you needing a tow or what?"

Tag: Laim, GreyJedi

19. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Liesl Bridehead
    Boss Scaggs' Hangar, Issagara Station

Culain considered the matter, muttering something that Liesl couldn't hear from where she stood in the doorway. He turned to face Liesel. "Please accept my apologies I wasn't aware of the extent of the damage till now and I'm afraid I don't have enough time for you to work on it. I'm sorry for the inconvenience but could you get her started for me?" He pressed a credit chip--a credit chip, not crystalline vertex, the required currency of the Corporate Sector--into her hand. It was worth her usual hourly rate. She hadn't even been on this ship for half an hour and he was paying her double?

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to dispose of my ship, no time I'm afraid," Culain continued.

That snapped Liesl's head up, bringing her attention back from the chip in the palm of her hand that she was feeling out. "Whoa, whoa. Hold on a second here," Liesl said with surprise, "You're going from fixing this thing to disposing of her? It's not the cost, is it? I mean, parts and labor on a new grav housing installation's..." Liesl racked her brain to remember the numbers she'd worked out earlier, "...going to run you 105 crystalline vertex, or 70 credits if that's what you're paying." She felt the credit chip again, pretty sure that's what he would be paying. "Rush work prices like you asked. Exterior cosmetic repair for the amount of area you've got is going to run a similar amount, so you're out the door for 210 in vertex or 140 Imperial creds. I mean, I could get the droids started on the exterior stuff right now, go out and grab that housing for you. I know a being who should have one in stock. If everything goes to plan, shouldn't take more than..." Liesl did a bit more mental math. "...on a rush schedule...four hours." That was cutting it very close, but if she didn't make her best pitch right now, Liesl knew she could lose this job.

She paused and bit her tongue just a bit. "But, if you really don't want to pay, I can try to get her started up. Could go perfectly, could take hours. You don't know until you try," Liesl said, "Though, honestly, once you've got her started, she'll go forever until you shut her down. I just can't guarantee that she'll get up the next time, you know? You're the customer, so your call."

Tag: Morkai

20. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    IC: Kol Arantis
    Aboard ICS Impinger, Tarmac, Theed Spaceport, Naboo

With a light hiss the door to Arantis? cabin opened and he sauntered in, exhausted from the day?s events. Earlier in the week had been the scuffle in planetary orbit that had resulted in the recapture of a stolen Imperial CR90 Corvette. Among the captured rogues who made up the crew had even been a fugitive Jedi that had been hiding out on Naboo ever since Operation Knightfall. Indeed a lot had happened as a result of the seemingly routine orbital interdiction, of which Kol had executed at least three-dozen previously in his Customs career.

His resulting five minutes of fame among the Imperial hierarchy of Naboo had been a welcome change of pace from the usual grind, and after all was said and done he was left with a laundry-list of new contacts and acquaintances, most importantly the governor of Naboo himself. But in the end it was tiring work, and he was relieved to be back aboard his vessel.

Hands heavy from shaking and the receiving of toasts, he opened a small Kriin-wood chest he kept on his desk. Inside were piled badges and awards he had accrued throughout his service to Empire. He dropped his most-recent Ship Interdiction Badge, First Class inside, pausing to examine the other medal he had received as a result of the operation in orbit. Plated in electrum, the relief depicted a motley pile of lightsaber hilts impacted by a chiseled and stylized human fist, its ring finger emblazoned with an Imperial crest. Arantis ran his thumb across the Anti-Partisan Badge, Jedi Order before lightly placing it in atop the rest of his collection. Times indeed were different from even what he could remember from before the Clone War.

Activating his desk?s incorporated datapad, he sent a message to Ensign Senn, who was in command a few decks up. ?Senn, contact Control and see if they have anything from the fleet. Wake me if anything comes in.?

Reaching into his pocket, he produced his trophy flask of Zairona Ale, twisting the cap open and pouring himself a shot?s worth into a glass he kept at his bedside. At first sipping to relish in its illegality he threw the rest back, allowing its exotic and intense fire to etch its way into his stomach. Sleep followed shortly thereafter.

TAG: Sarge221, Anyone

21. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009

An agile craft, Skipray Blastboat from the looks of her, suddenly flew over the cockpit of the Ruby Peak rattling the transparisteel windows as it proceeded to make a slow inspection of the clam shell hulled freighter. Romeyn laughed as the thrust from the engines continued to shake the windows. Every pilot needed a good reminder that the life they valued so much was protected by a thin layer of material, one small crack and you were gone.

The comm crackled to life, "Alright Ruby Peak. We got ya in sight. You looked like you pretty banged up there. So, you needing a tow or what?"

A tow wouldn't be able to cut the bantha meat in this case. Oakes didn't have the money to fix this ship. Piece of poodoo. He needed a ride out of Merson. Wanted to make sure these curious beings understood that. Ruby Peak was finished as a freighter. That much was clear. He might be able to get one last jump out of her but then he couldn't quite trust the computer system at this point. Sabotage was a terrible thing, and, somehow, the folks on Alderaan hadn't taken a liking to his farm boy ways.

The person on the comm unit sounded sensible enough. Perhaps if he paid them what little he had they would be able to take him away from this planet. It was worth a try.

"Attention Skipray Blastboat, this is Oakes. My ship is thoroughly damaged and I don't have the money to pay for repairs, and at this stage in the game I doubt very much that a tug will benefit anyone. If you would be so kind as to allow me to come on board, perhaps we could chat and figure out a more amenable solution. Don't worry, I won't bite," Romeyn replied as he waited for a response.

He knew they would be docking any moment but Oakes was counting on the fact that his hospitality and honest answers would earn him at least a discussion with the captain of the Skipray Blastboat. That much, he figured, could be allowed under the current circumstances.

22. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lana Vangress - Striker
    Aboard the Blue Mynok, Merson Orbit

"Alright Ruby Peak. We got ya in sight. You looked like you pretty banged up there. So, you needing a tow or what?" Striker asked the beat up looking ship. That was one old freighter. Her comlink crackled to life.

["Attention Skipray Blastboat, this is Oakes. My ship is thoroughly damaged and I don't have the money to pay for repairs, and at this stage in the game I doubt very much that a tug will benefit anyone. If you would be so kind as to allow me to come on board, perhaps we could chat and figure out a more amenable solution. Don't worry, I won't bite,"] Striker leaned back for a moment, and then replied.

"Ruby Peak, this is the Blue Mynok. Hold on..be right back." Striker leaned forward, and muted the signal, so she could speak with grim.

"Doe this sound kinda off to you?" she asked him, as she frowned slightly. Even if his ship was totaled, he could at least cash it in for a few bits of cred. Salvage. Something. But this guy was seeming to want to get off his rig awfully quick. She started scanning running. Was that thing ready to explode? And what did he mean by "figure out a more 'amenable solution?' For who? Why didnt this guy want to land?

Still... she had picked up Grim. That one turned out okay. Was she on a stray run? She groaned. She felt like the guy was telling her the truth. But, it didnt hurt to be sure. She yelled down to Grim, "Keep an eye out for any other ships that might show up. And I hope you have a blaster on you."

She reached over, and slapped her pilots cap back on her head, grumbling. She then also flicked a switch, that closed the doors down the rest of the ship, safely locking Daks in the back. She also turned back on the gun trackers.

She then flipped off the mute switch. "Alright 'Ruby Peak' We're coming to dock next to you. That thing better not be ready to explode on us. You come in slow, and no weapons drawn. And we'll be ready to have us a chat."

With that, Striker very carefully lined up the 'Ruby Peak's' doorway with that of the 'Blue Mynok'. It was a tricky maneuver, and Striker was having to use the ships maneuvering thrusters to both maintain position with the other ship, but to also keep both ships in a relatively stable orbit.

She quickly made the connection, and unlocked to hatch, as she kept her hand on her weapon. "Aright Oakes. Connections done. Come over." Striker told him. She gave a slight grin. This is why the immediate area of the ships opening was a bit cluttered. If anyone tried anything stupid, she would have them pinned down before they could try anything. You had to come through one at a time.

Striker waited to 'greet' their guest.

Tag: Liam_Vehn, GreyJedi

23. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Aboard the Ruby Peak, Merson Orbit

"Ruby Peak, this is the Blue Mynok. Hold on..be right back." Striker leaned forward, and muted the signal, so she could speak with grim.

The voice over the comm sounded nervous. Honestly, Romeyn could understand. If he was in the position of the captain of the Skipray Blastboat, well, he might think twice about responding to a distress call in an area littered with dangerous pirates and scum that would resort to any trick in order to maximize their credit input. Especially when the person in distress refused to salvage their vessel, have it towed to the Merson Shipyard, and publicly mentioned that he was armed.

Yeah, I get where this captain is coming from Romeyn mused as he slung his 9118 blaster carbine over his shoulder and waited patiently for the next message.

He didn't have to wait long.

"Alright 'Ruby Peak' We're coming to dock next to you. That thing better not be ready to explode on us. You come in slow, and no weapons drawn. And we'll be ready to have us a chat."

Romeyn chuckled a bit. Remembered a nerf deal gone bad on Roon one time when the conditions of the meeting had been violated by some greenie with a blaster pistol. A firefight had ensued and few were left standing that had initially participated in the meeting. Oakes had been one of the lucky ones. Treachery and deceit were not new to this rancher from Roon. Nice and slow, hands where they could see them, yeah, that was how this was going to play out.

The loud thump signaled that the Blue Mynock had successfully docked with the Ruby Peak. Hissing from the airlock confirmed that pressurization was complete and a verbal confirmation followed soon thereafter. "Alright Oakes. Connections done. Come over."

Thumbing a switch on his end of the airlock, the circular door spun away out of sight into the recesses of the ceiling and Romeyn Oakes took his first tentative steps onto the Blue Mynock. Clutter filled the opening making forward progress difficult but Romeyn kept to his game plan, keeping his hands high and visible, his boots rattling on the floor of the Skipray Blastboat. At this moment, he couldn't see anyone in his immediate vicinity, but if this Captain was as intelligent and capable as their conversations had suggested, well, he could be in for a world of hurt should the captain suspect anything about his behavior.

"Okay, I'm aboard, Captain. My hands are up, and I can't see where you are but I'm betting you can see that the only weapon I have is slung over my shoulder and not that easy to bring up and use. I know this entire situation may seem strange to you, but believe me, I'll make it worth your time," Romeyn announced as his eyes peered through the clutter trying to find a set that belonged to the voice of the captain.

24. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    ((Alrighty, more GMing business to be done. Yes, I know that Littledawg has vanished for quite a while and I'm sure the Star Destroyer people are getting bored while some other players are creating constant posts throughout the week. Littledawg has actually contacted me a few hours ago and informed me that family business had occurred which needed taking care but we will still be moving on. So, time to start getting things moving in that direction...))

Hyperspace
    Imperial I-class Star Destroyer

"Where is your commanding officer? Where is Captain Fulock!?"

That was the sound that Victoria Holt would be greeted with as she appeared on the bridge of the Star Destroyer, exactly where she had been told to meet Captian Fulock for her desired talk. However, other then herself, there was only the bridge crew that remained dutifully at their stations...with the hologram of an annoyed-looking Imperial Admiral hovering over them.

Upon Holt's appearance, the hologram immediately turned in her direction, no doubt the officer having hoped that the new arrival was the Star Destroyer captain that he sought.

"And who are you?" the admiral questioned, leaning forward and squinting his eyes at Holt. Despite the fact that it was a hologram, the junior officer could see enough of the admiral himself to know of a few things. First, the admiral was rather young, possibly only just getting into his late 20s.

Considering that Holt wouldn't be able to recognize him, this may be an admiral that had achieved his rank from luck of a draw. The immense expansion and production of the Imperial fleet had not lessened one bit since it first started at the end of the Clone Wars. As new Star Destroyers were built over shipyards, factories of the new, cheap TIE Fighters were being constructed in unison to fill their hangars. And while the Empire had continued to grow new clones in cloning vats, training schools and academies were created for non-clone soldiers that wanted to enlist and man those weapons of war.

Officers were needed for the tremendous increases of war materials and personnel. With these ships not only defending the Core Worlds but stretching farther out into the reaches of the Outer Rim as they full bring in the once-rebellious Confederate worlds, numerous officers - from captains to the vaunted admirals - needed to be trained and sent out to command these vast forces. Or promoted.

New or not, the admiral's raised brows told of his recognition of the individual before him. In retrospect, not that difficult of a thing given the uncommon sight of female personnel in the armed services - especially one so young - and the reputation of the Holts.

"Well I suppose if I can't find the captain, a member of the Sirpar Hills Holts will have to do," the admiral continued with a nod of his head. "Whether your captain informed you or not, you may have noticed that the Star Destroyer you're stationed on has jumped to hyperspace. What you may not know is where or why...and neither does your captain. All under my orders."

Pausing, the hologram did another scan around the area. "This transmission was to inform your captain of all that but it seems that he is unavailable." He shrugged. "Oh well, you're going to hear about this sooner or later and I much rather have it as sooner." Seeming to look at someone offscreen, the admiral nodded his head and his hologram suddenly vanished. What immediately replaced him was what could best be described as a space station.

"This is one of our new deep space manufacturing factories," the admiral's voice could still be heard in the background. "We've been starting construction of them not too long ago for, mainly, construction of starfighters and transports. This station - designated as CT-01 -, however, serves a more...unique purpose. Yes, it is still mainly used for starfighter construction but these starfighters are prototypes for what rumors say will create a new line of advanced TIEs for the Imperial Navy."

The image of the station vanished, and the image of the admiral r

25. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Aboard the Blue Mynok, Merson

What are the things that motivate us, that cause us to make certain decisions. The kind of decisions that may not be readily revealed by our actions.

Reason would lead one to believe that Oakes should turn in his ship for salvage, but Grim never took anything at face value any longer...well, not as much as before. There was always an underlying reason, a deeper motive behind what passed for obvious actions. Finding those reasons was the key to understanding...but these 'keys' were not always accessible, hence, one needed to trust one's instincts, especially when understanding was far from reach.

Grim felt the hesitation in Striker, and he could not blame the kid. Being too trusting in these times was a guarantee for a short career. However, sensor sweeps did not indicate any other ships anywhere in the vicinity, and the Ruby Peak's pilot was putting himself at Striker's mercy, at least to a point. This could be misconstrued as an elaborate ruse, but it wasn't. Understandably, after the big revelation, Striker had every right to be irritated. Taking Grim in was a thought out choice, but circumstantially taking in the new pilot, not so much.

Still, Grim would remain alert until 'Captain Striker' decided what to do with the newcomer. Once Oaks was aboard, Grim made sure there were no ships laying in wait for them, before coming down from the Laser Turret and taking cover against a wall. He planned to stay out of sight and see how things played themselves out. Nothing was certain until it was committed into action. What was certain, was the fact that he would do 'everything' within his power to keep the kid safe from harm.

Oddly, it dawned on him that he had mentally shifted from survivalist to protector.

Well, in a matter of moments, the situation would reveal exactly how many of them were going to remain standing.

Hopefully, all.

Tag: Ktala, Liam

OOC: I have a very busy day tomorrow as my staycation ( vacation at home) quickly comes to a close. I will be peeking in and hopefully, might even find a window for a quick post, so please do not delay on my account. Thanks. [face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.