main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

5 endings in ep 2?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by rayrayjay, Apr 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rayrayjay

rayrayjay Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Ok, One last thing to bitch about and I'll pipe down for a while. (I can hear the rejoicing)
    Alright. For the sake of argument let us number the movies in release order. ANH would be 1.
    TPM would be 4.
    In 1 we have 1 main ending Luke shooting down the Death Star trench. This is awesome, this also follows the CHN, or Classic Hollywood Narritive.
    In 2 we have 2 main endings. Leias escape from Bespin and Lukes battle with Vader. This was pushing it at the time, but was cool because it actually changed the way a lot of movies were made and we see 2 endings more often now. Sweet-no problem!
    Then 3 comes and we have...you guessed it 3 endings. Lando-Death Star, Han-Shield generator, and Luke-Emporer. Ok, to me that is pushing the envelope a bit, as I don't get a chance to really attatch myself to anyones speciffic story or situation.
    and in TPM-4 we have 4 endings. Amidala, Jarjar, Obi-Wans, and Anakin. This is way too much! No Lucas defenders here, Lucas said so himself on the ep 1 supplemental DVD. And Ben Burtt was the loudest to criticize him, to his face no less. That being said do you guys really want to see 5 endings in ep 2(5) or can we actually agree on something!?

2. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    ....I liked the 4 endings for TPM...

3. Adali-Kiri

Adali-Kiri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I don't care how many there are. I just want them to be cool.

4. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Why does it even remotely matter how many endings there are? Does it make that much of a difference?

"Oh, I can't watch that movie, it has too many storylines going on at the same time! I can't keep up."

5. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    I loved it. I hope there is 5. I don't know how there can be, but if there is then I'm all for it.

"I don't get a chance to really attatch myself to anyones speciffic story or situation."

You weren't able to care about Luke, Han, Leia, and Lando?

6. Darth23

Darth23 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    Read my sig.

:D

I don't think it will happen, but it owuld be cool if it did.

7. opinion

opinion Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    ...[EDIT]...

...sorry i only allow myself one stupid post per day and i dont want to use it up just yet...

8. DarthJerm

DarthJerm Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2001
    Rayray, you've got a point. But I'm hoping (like you)that it doesn't happen. And from what I've seen in the trailers, it may not. In the trailers, we've seen pretty much all the major characters and there is never 5 big scenes with everybody scattered. I think that it could have just one ending. Either the duel with Dooku, or the big outdoor battle, Anakin appears to be involved with both of those, but I have a feeling that the Dooku part may happen earlier, and the outdoor battle will be the big ending...we'll have to see in 42 days.

9. rayrayjay

Mar 7, 2002
    well Queenie, to you it may not matter but to people who like to follow along one or two lines it sucks. I'm sorry you can't grasp this, but I'm just fortunate that um lets see...VIRTUALLY EVERY FILM MAKER IN NORTH AMERICA HAS! Please no posts stating the few films out there that do have multiple...ie 5 endings. Instaed PM them to Queenie, I'm sure he or she will love them very much.
    One final parting question, if Lucas sold poop would you all buy it. I mean it would be great we could stamp a SW logo on there and everything. And since there are few of you, who are critical thinkers Lucas could just tell you it's lightsaber. With his dillusions stuck in your HEAD, you'll forget you have S*&$ in your HAND!

10. rayrayjay

Mar 7, 2002
    Jerm you are right, the trailors have led me to believe the same, I just wanted to see what everyone thinks...I may even get lucky and get 2 which I think would be about perfect!

11. DarthJerm

Nov 2, 2001
    Two would be good. And it would effectively mirror ESB (the other SW Love Story) that way. I just haven't been able to find that 2nd plotline...not that I'm complaining.

12. rayrayjay

Mar 7, 2002
    I have an idea but if I told you we'd be in the wrong board, plus from the amount of quote unquote minor spoilers I have seen, I am afraid to take the time to put them all together, in fear of putting together a big one!

13. DarthJerm

Nov 2, 2001
    Thank you for your restraint.
    Last time around, I knew way too much. This time, I know a little, but not enough to put together any plot line.

14. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    `One final parting question, if Lucas sold poop would you all buy it. I mean it would be great we could stamp a SW logo on there and everything.'

I suspect that this thread has more to do with bashing Lucas, than any real worry about 5 endings.

15. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    If we are going to bash AOTC can we at least bash something that we know for sure will be in the film??

Anyway, I think that five ending is ridiculous. There is nothing in the trailers to lead me to believe that there will be five seperate story lines at the end of the film. It looks like either two or three to me....

:cool: Mace Windy,
    windier than the signature feature!

16. rayrayjay

Mar 7, 2002
    No that isn't it at all, read my origanal statement, I made the reply to a post that mocked my origanal statement. Tell me Pozzi, I would like to know what you think, 2, 3 endings. How many do you like???Just don't use the..."Oh, I like however many Lucas likes". Thats what has a tendancy to set me off. Besides I was trying to stay off Lucas. I will now try again.
    As for Mace, that sounds food...The last thing I would want to do is bash a movie that I am dying to see! Infact, there has been nothing to bash yet...NSYNC dosen' count because they got 86ed!

17. opinion

May 14, 2001
    ...i happen to be lucky enough to like the same things lucas likes...

...i think there will be 2 endings...and wouldnt be surprised if their was only 1...

18. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    `Just don't use the..."Oh, I like however many Lucas likes".'

Sorry to tell you this, but the man hasn't let me down yet with the amount of endings he uses so far. ;)
    Five may be pushing it, it may not. If he does use five endings and it works, great.
    It'll give me hope for a possible six endings for Episode III.

19. rayrayjay

Mar 7, 2002
    Sounds good Pozzi. Thanks for chiming in. I just can't say things like. The guy hasn't let me down yet. By saying that you imply that it is possible for him to let you down. And for me he has(however I have hope that he will go back to his ways of old. And finally why 6, wouldn't you like to see Lucas end his story with NOTHING but one climactic battle between like Obi-Wan and Anakin in ep 3. That would be sweet to me!

20. opinion

May 14, 2001
    ...i think episode III should have maybe 3 or 4 endings...only because so many things have to happen...we have to fight we have to hide kids we have to lose mace we have to hide yoda we have lots to do people lol...

21. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Unfortunately I can't answer this in any way without spoiling.
    But I'm not worried about the ending.

22. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    ...wouldn't you like to see Lucas end his story with NOTHING but one climactic battle between like Obi-Wan and Anakin in ep 3.

I am beginning to see your point here. Focus on one major resolution. For me, I suppose I don't have a problem with multiple endings of any sort. That is, if they are done to my liking. I like the variety and the multiple conflicts happening simultaneously.

23. Padawan Coalesce

Padawan Coalesce Jedi Master star 1

Jun 18, 1999
    I sense something, a presence I have not felt since......

The four endings in TPM was a bit much. I like the all the endings in the OT; but 4 or 5, please no more than three. It ends up just being distracting.

24. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    Who knows, maybe he may try for numberous beginnings and finish with a single ending.

25. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I hear there are 39 endings in AOTC.

Now that would be ridiculous!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.