main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

5 endings in ep 2?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by rayrayjay, Apr 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REBEL_SKUM

REBEL_SKUM Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2000
    yeah lucas certainly has let me down... how could he not ask my opinion on weather or not to put ewoks into ROTJ... or jar jar into TPM, I mean the guy owes me so much because I CHOOSE to buy his stuff, and I CHOOSE to see his movies... I really wish he would force me at gun point. He says he makes the movies for himself, but I know he makes them for me and me alone.

Ok that was sarcasm if you didn't know... lucas never said you have to go to my movies, so for this reason you are using free will. If you feel that lucas has let you down, like a parent letting down a child then don't go see his movies, however a parent has a responsiblity to a child, lucas has a responsiblity to know one but himself. Sure he wants to make the fans happy, but do you think that ANH was about the fans... Answer there were no fans before ANH.

I'm getting frustrated with people cramming down my throat how they KNOW AOTC is gonna suck, just as TPM sucked (in there opinion), and yet even though THEY KNOW that AOTC is gonna suck they still line up, and they still post in the boards. This leads me to wonder why you bother comming to a board for a movie that you think is going to suck, is it to anoy people who are excited?

I know you have your own opinion and I respect that, I dont' mind the theory of endings, you can think what you want about that. If you're going to be a basher just keep your bashing in opinion form, not bashing people, who actually are excited, by saying if GL crapped and stamped a star wars logo on it we would love it. I just don't think it's cool critisize someone because they have a love of anything, and they go to a board to talk about it, I mean wouldn't it make more sense to critisize someone who hates something and goes to a board to talk about it?

Anyway I realise now that is not the nicest poast, but I think I've just reached a point where I'm frustrated with people ruining things for others, there is a difference between questioning the movie, and questioning why were here.

Again I feel bad, and I'm not usually like this, and I realise I'm questioning why people are here, just don't feel any ill repute towards me, if you disagree.

2. houstros5

houstros5 Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2002
    Man you are all retarded beyond reasonable limits! Everyone of you is either A) a George Lucas Hater or B) a ignorant hormone driven fanboy!

IS THERE ANYONE WHO CAN POST ON THESE BORDS THAT DOESNT HAVE THEIR HEAD STUCK UP THEIR *****?!?!

All I ever read anymore is "lucas sucks for this, lucas is great for that, Yoda is my father, Yoda is your mother, George lucas wouldn't lie, he is the fat bearded reincarnation of Jesus, let's put a SW logo on poop! hooray!"

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH! ALL OF YOU SHOULD SHUT THE HELL UP AND POST SOMETHING THAT ISN"T STUPID!

I am really tired of being the calm reasonable one on these bitch-fest topics! Enough!

Plain and simple, WHO CARES ABOUT THE ENDINGS? Good Star Wars is good Star Wars! Ep 4, 5, 6 were good Star Wars, EPI was crap. Move on! EP II may be good. Maybe not good enough to make EPI any better as some fanboys believe, but it *Could* be. Then again, EPII may suck worse than EPI! Does this stop anyone from seeing it? NO, because it is STAR WARS! Does this stop anyone from bying the crap with the logos on it? NO. The DVD? NO. The Book? NO. Why Not? IT IS STAR WARS.

IF YOU WANT A DEFINATIVE ANSWER, HERE IT IS!

I Have read every Spoiler I can get my eyes on, and every single one conflicts with something else, eliminating all posibilities of piecing together a real story at all, and this is good. I *should* beable to recite the movie from start to finish, but I can't, and I certainly don't know whether the story will be good, great, or suck horridly! I don't know how many endings there are! I don't even know if there is an ending! But who cares?? nobody!

EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THESE BOARDS WILL GO AND SEE EPII NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE OR ANY SPOILER SAYS BECASUE IT IS STAR WARS! AND SURE AS HELL YOU CAN BET THAT HALF OF THE PEOPLE WILL BE BACK HERE IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING TO BITCH ABOUT SOMETHING THEY DIDN'T LIKE, OR GEORGE LUCASE SCREWED THEM OUT OF, WHILE THE OTHER HALF WILL COME TO GIGGLE LIKE LITTLE GIRLS AT AN N'SYNC CONCERT AND MARK OUT FOR EPII AND GEORGE LUCAS FOREVER.

I hate you all....

3. Omi-Lin

Omi-Lin Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2002
    I would have to say that I agree that more than 3 endings at a time start to get distracting, even frustrating... in TPM, the Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul duel was my favorite, but it kept being interrupted by the space battle, the Gungan battle, and the Naboo trying to get to the Viceroy. For me, those story lines weren't as exciting, and everytime the duel was interrupted I got frustrated and couldn't wait til they got back to the duel!!! I mean, I think ANY of those endings would have been MUCH more dramatic and exciting if they hadn't been interrupted every five minutes with an update from the other endings. Of course, to show simultaneous action in a movie you have to skip around, but you can only do so much before the audience starts to say... oookay, come on! I just think the duel in TPM would have been so much cooler if it had happened all at once by itself. Skipping around alot slows down the pacing of the movie and makes things seem like they're not happening as fast as they're supposed to be. That's why I hope AOTC doesn't have more than 3 endings... ESB and ROTJ endings worked fine, so hopefully, and I think AOTC will, be like those.... hopefully only one or two things going on at time!

4. Omi-Lin

Omi-Lin Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2002
    Yo Windy.....

This is not bashing AOTC. It's not even bashing TPM.... it's expressing the not-so-great aspects of TPM, and what would have made it better, and talking about concerns for AOTC. Although I do believe that everyone on this board who has "bashed" AOTC has admitted that although these things concern them, they believe that AOTC will kick the **** out of TPM and rank among the OT!! And isn't one thing the message boards are for is expressing our concerns and discussing those things with other SW fans ??

5. rayrayjay

rayrayjay Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Rebel skum, you are taking this personal because we are talking about Lucas, and you love SW,as do I but we will get to that in a moment.
    1. Lucas can't let you down. Ok, he is a director SW are movies. Ask an average film critic, they will tell you Pearl Harbor let me down, Maicheal Bay let me down, Spawn let me down. Let me say it differently. When People expect more from a movie than what they got...THEY GOT LET DOWN, be it by the director or whoever. Don't debate it, you can't debate my feeling of sadness or that thing that wrenches in my gut when I watch certain scenes of ep 1.
    2. Lucas dosen't make it for the fans, I AM TIRED OF HEARING THAT. YES HE DOES, you posed the question did he make ep 4 for the fans ABSOLUTELY! Do you pay to see his film, do you buy the film later on VHS LD DVD, yes, therefor the movie is made for you. Granted it is you as a large group , but it is YOU none the less. If he did not HE WOULD KEEP HIS MOVIES IN A VAULT FOR HIM. The first film wasn't made to pleasure him and he was just so nice and kind to share them with us-HE wanted to make money, come out of the clouds.
    3. Who is trying to spoil ep 2 for you? Tell me where he is so I can beat his ass! I want ep 2 to kick ASS, I wanted ep 1 to kick ass, I stood inline for 5 days in a tent before May 19th, I bought tickets for my family and select friends! If you were implying I don't like SW, then why do I waste my time watching the LDs religiously even durring the off years when there is no film coming out, hell I make myself watch ep 1 with them even though it grosses myslf out. You want to get out the fan stick and measure, I'll put myself against anyone anytime, but the only thing that makes me far and away better than some is that I am critical. I don't worship Lucas with an absence of thought. I just wish more people could say-you know he may have screwed up there, or I wish he hadn't have done that. Ad the bottom line is LUCAS HIMSELF said he had too many endings-get out the dvd!

6. Omi-Lin

Omi-Lin Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2002

houstros 5 .....

I guess you're a special Star Wars fan then because you NEVER bitch about anything in Star Wars and I guess you NEVER talk good about them either, because you trashed people that did both in your last post.

And don't give me that crap about being the "calm resonable one on these bitch-fest topics" !!!! I have heard YOU BITCH about Ep 1 and the rest of them MORE than most of these people on these message boards COMBINED!!!! So in that respect you just trashed yourself because I've heard you complain a ****load about EP 1, In fact, I recall you saying you HATED TPM and would NEVER WATCH IT AGAIN. That being said, you shouldn't even be ON these message boards in the first place, but since you are.....

If these message boards annoy you so much, and make you so mad, and you hate all these people on here .....

THEN GET THE HELL OFF!!!!! DON'T COME HERE ANYMORE AND BOTHER THE REST OF US!

*I'd like to say more but this message board wouldn't allow me to speak my whole mind! *And speaking of stupid topics, since you're trashing other peoples, how about your clone theory????????

7. rayrayjay

rayrayjay Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Houstros -check your personal messages!

8. REBEL_SKUM

REBEL_SKUM Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2000
    no one is denying that lucas has screwed up.. have you seen the holiday special? that is undenyably a horrible movie. There are parts of all the movies that I don't particularely enjoy and I can admit it.

"lucas doesn't make his movies for himself"
    Every director makes everymovie for themself. Give me one director who doesn't put a part of themself in a movie they create? compare a director to an artist, you can't tell me that an artists canvas is not personal, and they don't put any part of themself into it. I will admit that there is a marketing aspect to it all, anyone who puts something into a market and doesn't take the market into account is an idiot. All I'm saying is that GL puts more of himself into the movies then people give him credit for, and mabye less then he gives himself credit for ( I will not shy away from admiting that).

Rayrayjay, despite what it may have seemed i was not attacking you personally or anyone else for that matter, just the constant I would say bashing ( but that term is used far to often to describe a group of people) so I would say trashing of people. I didn't care that people formed opinions of the movie, I mean since I am of a ceratain opinion I can say that I didn't agree with people... say what you want about the movie, but when you attack people and not simply there views it's different. Maybe not people individually but by group.

so if you or anyone thinks that I was attacking them personally I appologize.

9. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    All of you need to take a step back and realize that there is nothing being said here that is worth escalating into something that may get one or more people banned. Consider this a warning.

10. houstros5

houstros5 Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2002
    I alway like seeing how people can let their emotions take over their judgment altogther and cause them to spew out nonsense, as I wasn't directly bashing any one person in particular, as I have made known to rayrayjay, I think Omi Lin should have actually read my post, and the preceeding posts before the comments of rage.

So I now react....

I don't get your gripe, at all. Yes, I do hate EPI. No, I won't ever choose to watch it over the OT. Yes, I hate Jar Jar. Yes I think Gerge Lucas dumb for his many EPI endings.

BUT.... Unlike my Clone theory, this board went from rayray bitching about endings and people kissing GL's a$$, to a fanboy revolt.

Your post has absolutely nothing to do with mine. I was complaining about the people who are George Lucas Haters (See-rayrayjay) and fanboys (see- everyone on this damn board) I do not agree with 99% of what George Lucas and his little buddies at LFL do, but I don't publicly post hate about him, suggesting people would buy poop with a Star Wars logo on it. I am also not going online and posting my undying love for George Lucas. If you can not understand a person getting tired of all the bitching and moaning about one stupid argument, especially one that spawns from a completely different idea (see- original topic) then maybe you can understand this;

I damn sure am not the only one shelling out a few hundred $$$ to go to celebration II, and I bet you know at least two other people who are.

And I would bet that none of those people are going out of hate, nor love of George Lucas. I actually believe those in attendence are going for Star Wars, because it is.....*suprise* STAR WARS.

The great thing is, despite how much rayrayjay hates George Lucas, and the fan boys love him, you can not say I was wrong. the fact that it all goes back to people seeing the moviesand buying the toys regardless of GL's actions because they are Star Wars is proven in your own living room on LD, DVD, VHS, GameCube, Dreamcast... and that is just the beginning.

Now that I have just gone off on someone I never thought I would have, maybe SOME PEOPLE will read and think before they write.

11. houstros5

houstros5 Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2002
    Oh, and BTW, I never DID "bash" the topic.

12. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Look at it this way: If he has 5 endings and you don't like it, don't watch it again. I know some of you bashers contradict yourselves by watching TPM over and over, it's true and you know it. ;)

If there are fewer than 5 endings, then there are fewer than 5 endings. Whatever helps the plot.

13. houstros5

houstros5 Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2002
    FINALLY, SOMEONE SPEAKS WITH SOME REASON!

14. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    Well said Rebel_Scum. Your rant about how Lucas doesn't owe you anything was well said. Good job man.

15. Omi-Lin

Omi-Lin Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2002
    houstros5 -
    "wasn't directly bashing any one person" Yes, I'm sure all of us know this, as your post read "YOU ARE ALL RETARDED BEYOND ALL REASONABLE LIMITS!" I never said you were bashing me, or rayrayjay, or whoever. I was simply replying in behalf of EVERYONE who takes part in these discussion boards. I'm sure no one likes to be called retarded or "an ignorant hormone driven fanboy" (no one likes to be catagorized)! I'm sure others besides myself also found your statement "ALL OF YOU SHOULD SHUT THE HELL UP AND POST SOMETHING THAT ISN'T STUPID!!" offensive as well. I don't appreciate that, as I'm sure no one else here does either!
    When you accuse people of being retarded, ignorant, and posting stupid topics, that is different than simply having an opposing opinion, as Rebel_Skum stated too.
    I felt it necessary to say SOMETHING, because I don't like people talking bad about any Star Wars fan unnecessarily! Complain about how you don't care about endings, fine.... post something bad about Lucas, fine... post spoilers for Ep 2 if you want.... but don't get on these message boards and trash those others who are here because they WANT TO BE AND LIKE TO BE AND WANT TO TALK!

Now... about those 5 endings..........

16. houstros5

houstros5 Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2002
    If you had said that the first time, I would have been left with nothing to say at all.

But instead you did not, others did not, and the last several posts have had NOTHING to do with the original topic, WHICH was and is one of the many things that is wrong with this and other message boards on TF.N

17. houstros5

houstros5 Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2002
    You know what, to hell with that.... from this day forward, I remove all dignity and opinion from my TFN posts!

So, in accordance to the demands of "Omi-Lin the Almighty" and "rayrayjay the splendor" I now announce myself as the following:

I am not for nor against George Lucas, I have no opinion.

I found EPI to be entertaining, and find no faults in its production, casting, story, dialogue, etc. I have no opinion

There can be any number of endings to EPII. I will not be going to see the movie on the premise that it is Star Wars, becasue no Star Wars fan does that. I have no opinion.

The people on this board are not George Luca Haters, nor Ignorant Fanboys. It is ludicrous to say such, as all Star Wars fans are neutral. I have no opinion.

I am not discuoraged that out of 35+ posts, only 7-8 are about the topic. Afterall, that is what a topic themed message board is for--people changing the subject. This happens on every other TFN board, so therefore, I have no opinion.

A topic board of mine was brought up, and as such, I make this statement.
    Palpatine is neither a clone of Siduous, nor Siduouos himself. Yoda may have a clone, as may everyone else, and yes, there may be Christmas on Coruscant. Again, I have no opinion.

Despite postings otherwise, I have been informed by "Omi-Lin the Almighty" that TFN boards are not for opinion. Therefore, I like all of you readers, I assume, will retreat into opression peacefully, as, you guessed it--I have no opinion.

So if anyone here has an opinion, do not post it. there are to be no opinons. At least, no opinions that go against the majority. As of today, you can all consider TFN boards to be the presence of southern states in the early 60's. Do not speak up against the majority, or else. I would elaborate for those of you who do not catch my meaning, but again, I have no opinion.

18. opinion

opinion Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    ...i was always taught not to respond to users who flame and troll for no good reason...

19. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    I personally had no problems with the multiple battles in TPM. It was just cool seeing a differant sort of battle each time. A great variety in my view.

5 may be stretching it, however, but not inconcievable. I personally think maybe two or three this time around.

20. rickwalz

rickwalz Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2002
    Wow! Hell of a topic.

First I would like to say some people or misunderstanding criticism for hate. I have a friend who saved a great deal of money for a 60" HDTV. If that TV gets a scratch on the case, it will stand out to him. The rest of u may not even notice it. But to him it is a flaw in something he loves very much. Many people are like that with a new car. Me I have built a home theater and I find myself criticizing more than any one else. But that does not lessen my love for it.

I am one of the most critical people of ep1 there is and yet I own it on DVD and LaserDisc. How many of you people you tell me I am not a fan because I don't love every thing Lucas does can say they owned the LaserDisc? I criticize because I expect so much from Star Wars, not because I hate it.

I do believe some of the fans would buy poop with a logo, just because Lucas made it. See I love Star Wars not Lucas. Just like I love my finance but not her mother, I don't need to love to creator to appreciate their work.

Lucas did not make these movies for himself, if that was the case why did the fans most popular character (BF) get put back into ANH and now his history is a large part of Ep2. Lucas is trying to appease the fans. A very difficult task indeed, since we all want something different.

On the original topic of the post. I would hope for one or two battles. When we bounce between too many I as a viewer become emotionally detached. I still cry when Han yells "You're all clear kid". (no I'm not kidding, please don't make fun of me) But I come no where near that level of emotional commitment in EP1.

Finally to restate, we criticize because we love.

21. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    I loved the four endings in TPM. If I had it my way there'd be ten endings in AOTC and Episode III :D

ST

22. Omi-Lin

Omi-Lin Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2002
    houstros5 -
    Umm... I believe in my posts I made a huge point of these boards being for OPINIONS, but not TRASHING PEOPLE! Can you not see the obvious difference? Have opposing opinions against the majority, just don't call those who agree or disagree with majority or minority "retarded" or "ignorant". Call movies that if you want, but not the people.

Opinion- I think that's a good philosophy! I will adopt it!!

rickwalz -
    WOW! I couldn't have said it better myself!!! I completely agree with... well, everything you said! (Is that the first time that's ever happened?) ;) Well said!

23. AnakenX

AnakenX Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2002
    i didnt read all the posts , but didnt ANH have 2 endings ? Obi Wans Ending when he dies fighting darth , and the death star's ending ... u cant say no , cuz it's a yes , this whle thing of 1-2-3-4-5 isnt looking real , i dont think lucas has meant that any of these stuff to happen , and as i said , ANH has 2 endings .. anyone agrees ?

24. TheCaptain

TheCaptain Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 1999
    Obi Wan gets cut down 2/3rds into ANH, not at the end.

Personally, im hoping for 2 endings. From my own artistic point of view the way empire finished (although on a somber note) was perfect. Everything tied in nicely at the end when Leia picked Luke up in the falcon, it just left a nice taste in my mouth.

Ok, so you may think that having 5 endings would be brilliant, but keep in mind that Lucas will want to fit the end sequences into a 20-30 minute bracket. So that basically lowers the amount of on screen time you get with each area of the battle. Let's be generous and say 30 - 40 minute ending with 5 sequences gives each sequence 6 - 6.7 minutes on screen time, hardly enough time to display any drama to the audience. Yet with 2 you get 15-20 minutes for each sequence, enough time to set the mood and dramatize them well.

75% of the board would agree that empire was the best of the bunch (personally im an ANH fan but anyway) and 50-60% that TPM the worst, there is a reason for that. In my opinion ESB was perfectly paced where-as TPM was a visual feast but far to fast moving, it was basically too much for a 2 hr flick.

Anyway that's just my humble opinion. I sure plenty disagree.

25. Padawan Coalesce

Padawan Coalesce Jedi Master star 1

Jun 18, 1999
    I agree with you 100% and fit in to both your 75 and 50-60%.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.