main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

5 Years From Now: Where do you see Star Wars within the realm of gaming?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Lord-Draco, Nov 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    I'm sorry. I confused you with the other Sith who called RE4 a "crap sequel" on the last page.

2. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    ^^ it's ok Wookie. I was shocked when he said that as well.

RE4 is about one of the best games I've ever played hands down.

3. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    I'm just trying to say that LucasArts can be more creative with their games. Its okay if you want to make a Star Wars game with a current genre, but expand the genres ideas. BF1 was nothing more than just a Star Wars Battlefield. It wasn't until BF2 when LucasArts actually used the STAR WARS aspect of things to expand what Battlefield had. BF2 expanded that idea with space combat, non-grunt combat (Heros), and a storyline.

KOTOR was just a Star Wars Baluder's Gate. If you played Baluder's Gate you'll know what I'm talking about. Character relationships, the good/evil concept, fighting engine, D&D rules etc etc etc. The only difference was that KOTOR was Star Wars. It wasn't until KOTOR 2 when Obsidian came in and expanded on that idea with the Influence system.

I'm not saying that the WHOLE game needs to be innovative, but some of their games can have innovative concepts in them.

If LucasArts were to create a Star Wars GTA, there is nothing wrong with that. But just don't let it be a complete Star Wars version of GTA. Have an aspect(s) that GTA doesn't have, such as a character creation system, online/multiplayer ideas and so on.

When you have the Star Wars license, there is no excuse for not being able to come up with innovative concepts. Considering that Star Wars is so large of a subject and many ideas can come outo f it.

Maybe Nintendo needs to develope a Star Wars title, but that would never happen.

KOTOR 2 and BF2 are the only games that has not only created new things for Star Wars, but things that we haven't seen in gaming before. Maybe with Battlefield 3, EA/DICE may copy off of Pandemic and have a "Hero" class or something. Maybe in future RPG titles, developers will implement the "influence" concept. THATS innovation and Star Wars can do that. The developers/Publisher just has to take advantage of this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.