50 Cent: Bulletproof

Discussion in 'Games' started by joehahn000, May 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: MarcusP2, The2ndQuest
  1. joehahn000 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    http://thegangsterlifeisthelifeforme.ytmnd.com/

Best. Site. Ever.

/,,/
    Rock on!
  2. Lord-Draco Jedi Master

star 4
    "What really boggles my mind is why do they glamorize rappers? Most of them are into drugs, codone drugs, have crimenal backgrounds, lyrics talk about killing people, wife beating, calling little girls bitches and a wide variety of other things.

Yeah that Playboy mansion one was fairly low too but not as bad as this one I agree."

That is probably the most ignorant post I have ever read here. I mean, do you REALLY need to generalize that much?

Yes, there are rappers out there who have bad backgrounds and whatnot, but not MOST of them only a few. Hell, the ones that talk about that crime stuff never even experienced it in real life....its all Hollywood and it's just a "act" that they put up to sell records.

Look at Ice-Cube. He talks all about this NWA stuff and Compton this and Compton that....but he was born and grew up in Suburbia Oakland....far from a Compton or any ghetto for that matter.

I really think that you should revise your statement because for some reason, I'm feeling offended.
  3. Soontir-Fel Jedi Master

star 5
    " Yes, there are rappers out there who have bad backgrounds and whatnot, but not MOST of them only a few. Hell, the ones that talk about that crime stuff never even experienced it in real life....its all Hollywood and it's just a "act" that they put up to sell records. "

While I'll agree that the previous statement was a bit ignorent, the point of the matter is that most of the rap stars out there, are rapping about the thing he's talking about. You won't hear that garbage in a Mos Def album, but how often do you hear him played? Perhaps once to every 9,000 " Pimpin Ho's" song.
  4. Lord-Draco Jedi Master

star 4
    "While I'll agree that the previous statement was a bit ignorent, the point of the matter is that most of the rap stars out there, are rapping about the thing he's talking about. You won't hear that garbage in a Mos Def album, but how often do you hear him played? Perhaps once to every 9,000 " Pimpin Ho's" song."

And besides, its just music...very popular music at that as you see more then just blacks listening to it but I go into a Hip-Hop club and surprisenly enough the majority of the people in there is white people with a few scattered blacks!?!?! Lol. I go into the Mall and walk into one of the Whitest of Whitest clothes shops....American Eagle and even though they might be playing that Prepy music inside the store, I would hear the white girls singing rap tunes lol. One time when some white girls was picking out clothes, for some reason they all started out busting out words from Snoop Doggs song for some reason and started to dance to it. All you would hear is "Drop it like its hott....drop it like its hott....drop it like its hott" Lol.

But yeah, my point is that its just music. And PLEASE don't bring me that "9,000" of Rap songs talk about Pimpin Ho's. Because thats just ignorant in itself. What about those Rock/Metal songs, don't they down-grade women to at time? Example, like that old 80s song by Montley Crue "Girls Girls Girls" and how it talks about them banging women from strip clubs and such. Thats not different from the "Pimpin Ho's" stuff. Hell, the trademark of Heavy Rock/Metal is "Pimpin Ho's". I mean Rock music is no different from Rap in turns of many things. What about the Rock phrase SEX, DRUGS, and Rock and Roll!? Rock in the 70s/80s glorified sex and taking drugs, getting drug and just being a stupid badazz. But now today Rap music has that same concept about sex....drugs, drinking etc...but yet all of a sudden its deemed as bad and people want to know why Rap is glorifyed? Seriously, do your research.

I don't want to talk/get into race or anything but I'm beginning to believe that there is a double-standard. Rap does the same crap that 70s/80s Rock did in some ways but for some reason Rap comes down harder. A lot of Rock songs talked about anti-cop stuff but yet only the Rap music gets the blame!?!? I'm thinking that its because that Rap is a "black" thing and rock is a "White" thing so Rap gets the harder judgement while rock gets/got away with most of the stuff.

If there was a game for Ozzy Osborne there wouldn't be this rage. Even though Ozzy talked about banging women, the devil, and he took drugs and even glorifyed it in his songs, people would ask questions like "Why is Rockstars glorifyed?". But yet put a black face (Rapper) on it and everyone acts like Hell froze over. 50 never took drugs, but he sold it. But thats no different from Ozzy cause if your a dealer or taker, it still makes no difference.

I can go on and on and on about this but I'm not. I'm just speaking my mind. And if you people seriously don't like the game for that reason (Because its a rapper) then you are seriously no different from the white society of the 1950s/60s. Complaining over something because a black guy is involved but a white guy does the SAME thing and nothing is said. I mean really....its a freakin videogame! Nobody is making you play it/buy it. Don't like it? Well I got some advice....STAY AWAY FROM IT!. Its as simple as that.

Besides, who knows....maybe this game will actually surprise everyone and would actually turn out to be a great game with great gameplay. I mean have you all played the game yet? No! So stop acting like you have and just give the thing a chance and see where it goes....

Oh God! I grow weary of this mess....
  5. Soontir-Fel Jedi Master

star 5
    I fail to see how this equates to rock. If Motly Crue(God they suck) released a game it would be the same conversation. And maybe because the person who the game is about is an idiot, and who doesn't need a game, maybe thats the reason we are all uppity.
  6. Lord-Draco Jedi Master

star 4
    "I fail to see how this equates to rock. If Motly Crue(God they suck) released a game it would be the same conversation. And maybe because the person who the game is about is an idiot, and who doesn't need a game, maybe thats the reason we are all uppity."

Like I said, its a videogame, it really doesn't matter. If hes an idiot he doesn't need his own CDs, his own clothing line etc....but he does. And guess what TOO BAD! Thats just life....deal with it. There is MANY MANY more people out there in the business ventures who are idiots and A-Holes but they get their way anyways. There are MANY MANY people out there who are in the position that they are in today but don't deserve to be there and this is expanding outside the rap industry into the music industry as a whole and even the movie industry.

Many people within the gaming industry are idiots and A-Holes but they get their way and yet people don't complain as much.

This is just my general opinion. Who really gives a you know what. I mean seriously, let 50 Cent be 50 Cent. But I think its more then that. There are many people that don't like 50 Cent and many of them are here in this thread. And they are just upset because they KNOW that this game will sell well because the name "50 Cent" is stamped on the game and now they want to hate on the dude for unknown reasons. What has 50 done to you personaly? Did he still money from you? Did he take your GF? Did he beat you up at one time? Did he go on radio and downsize you on air? I mean really, it isn't that serious. If he is an idiot SO WHAT! Let him be an idiot and just move on with your life. Thats how I see it.

Like I said before, there are many big people in the industries that are idiots but you don't see me creating thread about them just to bash/poke fun at them. I believe that I have more of a life then to just do something like that.

I'm not saying that you should like him or anything. Because its nice to see that you have an opinion and isn't a person to follow the "bandwagon" and like the thing thats "popular at the moment" which is 50 Cent. Thats nice to see. My only complaint is that you people act like its something person that you have against the dude and you point 50 out as if he is the only one when there are 100s of other "A-Holes" out there like him.
  7. Maphisto86 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    OMG.... I hope this get's cancelled. And just when I thought the gaming industry was getting better. First LEGO video games and now this sh** !
  8. LittleGreenManYoda Jedi Youngling

star 3
    GGGGGG G-UNIT!!!

I just had to put that in there.
  9. joehahn000 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    [link=boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=LittleGreenManYoda]LittleGreenManYoda[/link] posted on 6/3/05 4:40pm

I just had to put that in there.
    />

I just had to quote you

/,,/
    Rock on!/>/>
  10. rumsmuggler Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I'd rather play the Warriors game when it comes out. 50 cent also has a movie coming out as well. The 50 cent version of Purple Rain. I hope it flops, because I'm not a fan of 50. Maybe if the people who shot him had better aim, we would be talking about something else.
  11. Lord-Draco Jedi Master

star 4
    I really hope you were just joking when you said that. I hold no respect for anyone who wishes death on another human being. Especially when that person didnt directly do anything towards you.
  12. rumsmuggler Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    It's a twisted joke. I don't care to wish death on anyone, especially someone I don't know.
  13. Lord-Draco Jedi Master

star 4
    Lol okay. I'm just making sure because I don't want to piss you off. I wouldn't want you coming to my house and do some target practice on me. ;)
  14. rumsmuggler Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    It's all good.
  15. Soontir-Fel Jedi Master

star 5
    Guys, don't you understand? This gamz iz harDcorez.
    4 LYFE!!!
    [image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/BornToPlay/kirbyandcosby.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/HwFRemington/Mines.jpg]
  16. Darth_Maestro Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh] LOL

finally a game we could all play!
  17. darth_grievous1 Jedi Master

star 5

Agreed. Rappers suck.

To the plot: Damn, sounds like Kill Bill :/
  18. darth_grievous1 Jedi Master

star 5
    Soz about the double post, but this game PROVES that rappers fail at life....
  19. Soontir-Fel Jedi Master

star 5
    Mos Def.

YOU fail at life.
  20. darth_grievous1 Jedi Master

star 5

You fail at life if you even TALK like a rapper.
  21. Soontir-Fel Jedi Master

star 5
    No, no, no. At this point you are supposed to attack my arguement with something substantial, proving me wrong.

Or do you in fact have nothing?

Perhaps I should reiterate.

Mos Def.

And for you to base an entire genre of music on the popular members of said geren, please bare in mind that Rock would be Motly Crue and Limp Bizkit.
  22. Lord-Draco Jedi Master

star 4
    Some of you people here are so ignorant. Finally we get a game that has a lead character as a black rapper and we all act like it is the end of the gaming industry as we know it. I mean seriously, just shut up with yall borderline racist comments.

I don't care if you have something bad to say about the game because if you know me, I'm probably one of the main/only guys here that talks bad about LucasArts games. So I don't care if you talk bad or good about the game. But attacking the rap/hip hop element of the game is so....I don't wanna use the word. But it is so not right.

As for you darth_grievous1, I hope you're really proud of yourself because you're a 100% pure stereotyper. I'm not so big on rap music, I'm more of a Trance/Dance Hall type guy. So I could careless what your views on Rap are. However your views are so....immature and so stereotypical. You talk about failing at life if you talk like a rapper but you fail to even make a logical statement. You don't fail at life if you talk like a rapper, you fail at life if you fail to apply yourself. That goes for anyone and everyone no matter how you look, talk, or dress. Please try harder next time.

23. Soontir-Fel Jedi Master

star 5
    I stopped reading at this point.

It's not that. If this was any other game with a black character no one would give a damn. It wouldn't matter. The entire problem that people have with this is that it's a video game, about a rapper, and the trailer quite frankly are some sort of insult on every single person with a brain.

" Whats mines, is mines."

If this is you're shining example of some sort of gaming racial break through, you should in all likely hood sign over your right to procreate.

No body liked the Aerosmith game. They aren't black. No one will like the matallica game. They aren't black.
  24. Lord-Draco Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah but nobody will be saying "If you talk like a Rocker you fail at life" or "This game only proves why Rockers fail at life"

Maybe I'm just jumping to the conclusion but I'm seeing some type of borderline stereotypes here and that is something I have no respect for. I hate stereotyping and anyone who stereotypes I consider to be inferior to me because they lack the knowledge to be able to not create a conclusion just because a certain group does it. Example: Just cause I listen to Trance doesn't mean that I take XTC. But since XTC is known to be taken by people who goto raves (Trance music), then the stereotype would be that I also like XTC.

So if there was a game that was about a Trance club DJ, it is people like you all who would say crap like "So how do you refill your health in this game? I guess you pop a pill of X...."

That is so ignorant.
  25. Soontir-Fel Jedi Master

star 5
    ...Have you even watched the trailer? It's far more racist then anything we could come up with. He talks about Mines, and then he kills white business men. Thats what they decided to base a game around. Thats the entire thing.

And I'm sure no one in the history of ever have said that rockers are bad people. Or that being like a rocker is retarded.

You know maybe something like that would come up, you know, if the name of the thread wasn't " 50 cent: Bullet proof."
Moderators: MarcusP2, The2ndQuest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.