main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics A/V Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir #1-4

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BoromirsFan, Jan 7, 2014.

1. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
  2. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Did the story group approve it!?

3. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    Who cares they do or don't. Bigger things than this story will likely change come 2015

4. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    lol

5. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Does that mean it's T-canon?

Bounty Hunter Heshler likes this.
  6. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    It is ironic that the comics, which TCW ruthlessly steamrolled to tell its story, will be where the final story is told.

7. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Indeed. Anyone else hoping against hope that we get to find Ahsoka Tano dead in this story? Not see her death. Just an "oh by the way, yeah, she's dead" after seeing her lifeless body.

8. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Even more ironic is that Dark Horse will get to have the last laugh -- and not even need to care who they upset, when they're on the way out anyway.

I... shouldn't enjoy the idea of just desserts and payback just for the sake of it, but... screw it: I don't care who Dark Horse upset: make it all burn! [face_laugh]

9. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Well, know you know exactly how these eager to see the EU decanonized feel Zorr.

10. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013

Yeah, right. hahaha. That gave me a good chuckle as well.

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    So this is how the 2nd version of the Clone Wars will end? Bring on Version 3!

12. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    Where did the other 2 Maul DH TCW comics fit into the TCW timeline? I'm guessing this will take place after all the TCW bonus content.

13. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Is there still going to be any other TCW bonus content?

14. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I think all the stuff that was close to completion is going to be released... somehow? I think this was probably the season finale and they didn't even start animating it so they did a comic book for it.

15. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    After reading the interview I'm a little confused. The whole finale can't be just about Maul trying to get revenge can it? Hopefully thats just the first issue.

And put me in the camp of wanting to see Maul dice Snips to bits. It would make his resurrection totally worth it.

16. Darth_Foo

Feb 24, 2003
    They are in between "Brothers" and the start of Season 5. According to the comics themselves they are set around the start of Year 3 of the war.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It will be streamed exclusively to an app that only works on the iPad 5.

Or something.

18. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    I find this a surprising announcement. But interesting.

It sounds like it picks up the threads from the Maul episodes in S5 and closes them off. Which is good. Hopefully we'll see the final end of Maul in this one. I can't imagine what they could possibly do with him, other than create major continuity issues, if he stays alive.

19. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Barlow! Count me in.

20. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Wow, it's a shame we were robbed of seeing this. Sounds like GL had an incredible storyline planned that flouted everyone's expectations and capped TCW off as its own epic saga. Sigh . . . at least we can read it, now.

21. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I hope it doesn't wrap things up too well. I still want to pretend that Old Wounds is canon.

22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

The article is definitely confusing. It makes it sound as if the Season 5 Maul arc is part of the comic itself.

It also says Viscus is new, but he's been around a while. Still, he seemed like he had a level head on his shoulders. He could be a cool villain.

23. Darth_Foo

Feb 24, 2003
    Elsewhere on these boards someone posted that its been confirmed thru Twitter (i hate saying that), that is Maul's finale arc. Not of the whole series. I really hope this sells well so they can make a comic out of the series finale.

24. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I could care about revenge and the EU this and the clone wars cartoon did this. The biggest sticking pioint for me is seeing Maul finished. He was no where near Episode 3 and this has to end. So from a standpoint, this while it may not be the end of the series....per se....could be the end for Maul which I surely want. One of my sticking points is that both Maul and Talzoin must go. One now well read in comic and the other in the bonus content if we are to beleive the Polish site.

Regardless though this is good news because man we started the year with a band....Marvel get Star Wars bye bye Dark Horse. Not the way we wanted to start the year. Most of us were waiting for the bonus content, but that hasn't yet happened, but partially it did with the news of this comic. So the bonus content news has to be coming out soon since this will see a release of May. By the way, while we have the 108 episodes and the 4 episode movie, I also count the digests that dark horse brought out on these clone wars along with the 12 issues from Henry Gilroy (one special) and the 4 parter Darth Maul comic (between season 4 and 5) as part of the episodic count. Now we get a closure with Maul with this arc. Hoepfully they got something else planned.

25. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I think it will.