main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Kanan (Marvel) #3: The Last Padawan, part 3 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    That's encouraging.

3. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Grr. It's harder and harder to wait for the trade for these.

starfish likes this.
  4. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    No, it isn't. Your trade skills are lacking young one.

5. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

Here we go again.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  7. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Either: That's a missing a smilie

OR - lighten up!

EDIT: You ought to see the riff on a ROTJ Emperor line that Taalcon just done over in the Dark Disciple thread, it's excellent.

8. Mojo120

Mojo120 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2014
    I wish all the books looked this freaking pretty.

9. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

Nah Ben, I ment it in a good way :D You always do those quotes when you see the opportunity, hehe.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  10. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Watched ROTS today.......soooo while Obi Wan and Padme are having their emotional talk about Anakin's fall to the dark side I figure Caleb is in the sky being blasted by clone starfighters

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Man, they wasted no time repainting those V-wings. Order 66 was what, an issue ago? :p

Good to know the Empire has its priorities.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

12. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    You mean the ARC-170s? :p

Though truth be told, I was under the impression that the iconic colors were just one fleet and that most Republic forces had the same gray colors as the empire.

darklordoftech likes this.
  13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Whatever, I don't know one newfangled PT thing from the other :p

The Republic is very colorful in TCW also.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

14. Mojo120

Mojo120 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2014

It was the very first decree of the new Emperor, the proclamation of Grey.

darklordoftech and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  15. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    [face_shhh]

16. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    This series is very, VERY good so far and FANTASTIC art.....However, it comes out too rarely. So much waiting...

Boogie_Down and AplagueOnTheWise like this.
  17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Too rarely? You're getting it once a month and, in all likelihood, you'll get the next issue next week!

18. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

The timegap between this and the last issue was 1 month and 4 days while the darth vader issue was 20 days and the skywalker strikes 14 days...

I think we get our comics in good time, very (every wednesday), but the Kanan issue seems like the only one taking this much time for each issue, so long time to continue that Kanan story :p

I checked, and apparently the Leia miniseries spent as much time as Kanan, I still think Kanan comes out too rarely though, it's an ongoing series..

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Once a month is the US standard, Marvel's double-shipping is the exception.

Also if you were to get it faster, it might not be as good. Remember the sage advice of the Guinness ad: Good things come to those who wait!

20. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

Yes, and I agree on that BUT

If we were supposed to wait one month between each issu, then why was it so much variation in the other comic series gaps? Skywalker 14 days for example compared to 1 month and 4 days.

I'm not being greedy on getting comics faster, but this comic release-plan isn't very good when it varies from almost a month.

21. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    use the trade ben! Wait, dont subscribe.Use your patience. A storys arc flows through the trade.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    If you're going to keep buying them as them come out Wolfe - you better get used to it! ;)

A more serious answer on SW is that Cassaday would have been working on it for months before #1 came out. I'm a big fan of his work but he is not a monthly artist and he certainly isn't a 2-issue-a-month artist!

Similarly, on Darth Vader, Larocca is the opposite - he has pulled off double-shipping books before so knows the drill.

23. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

Oh I never said I wasn't used to it,

I also didn't say I disliked that it comes atleast one comic out every week, that part is wonderful. I merely pointed out that the Kanan series comes out too rarely for each issue.

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    And I'm not seeing how you're drawing that conclusion - the series started in April, there was an issue in May, there'll be one in June, ditto July and August - that's a monthly schedule.

Short of speeding it up to 2 a month, with potential detrimental effect, what else is there for them to do?

The UK has 2000AD which is a weekly comic, but the stories are 6-8 pages! So, you get it quicker but in smaller chunks. But the US market has, overall, rarely done weeklies, with each week being 20-22 pages of story, that's only changed with select titles from the Big Two over the last few years, with variable success.

25. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    Only 4 more days! I do have to agree I don't understand why there is such a long layoff between each issue. I don't mind because this series has been the most enjoyable. I want it to last as long as possible.

SilentGuy66 and spicer like this.