main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Lando #1 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JBFett007, Jul 7, 2015.

1. JBFett007

JBFett007 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 23, 2014
    This hit's shelves tomorrow so I figured I'd open up a thread. Really excited for this one.

[​IMG]

2. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    As someone whose never really liked Lando it would be unfair of me to be overly critical of this issue therefore I will just stick to saying that it was "ok"[face_plain]

3. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    After Kanan, this has the next best artwork out of all the series so far. First issue makes a good set up too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  4. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Just read it, and I'm positive there was a scene after the issue's ending that was cut, with a panel featuring
    Palpatine shouting, "LAAANDOOOOO!!!!!!!!" :mad:

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

5. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    Fantastic! I loved this issue and it turned out to be much more exciting than I thought it would be. For the art, it's not the best I've seen but it will suffice. All together, good issue, showed Lando's "Scoundrel" side, charmer side, and more.

Who owned that ship Lando stole? Was it Amedda's ship or the Emperor's? Also, I never expected Sidious to be in this series :eek:

6. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Hm, so the
    ship, which belongs to Amedda/Sidious is filled with "ancient artifacts". Gee, wonder what those could be. Here's hoping we get some EU Sith shoutouts, finally...

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    OMG
    They brought the Palps/Amedda artifact hunters gig back from the old EU?

I haven't read the issue yet but this already sounds like the best plot ever.

BigAl6ft6, Gorefiend and Tzizvvt78 like this.
  8. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    I'm in love with the colors in this book.

Jedi Daniel and Jedi Ben like this.
  9. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Read it and it's better than I expected. The art is pretty good too, my second favorite after the art in Kanan so far (until Star Wars #8 I guess ;))
    I thought that this would be a relatively predictable issue and would be pretty boring. At least the first few pages felt like that. I have to admit I never imagined Lobot to act like that. I certainly don't mind him though, it's just that I never thought much about him and wasn't familiar with anything besides his appearance in TESB. The demon faries and the demon Na'vi look interesting. And I definitely didn't expect Palpatine in this one :eek:

10. JBFett007

JBFett007 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 23, 2014
    Art was cool, and unique. Writing was top notch. Already much better than Leia was. At least Maleev can draw the characters. Also am I the only one that has a hard time imagining Lobot's voice? He doesn't say a word in the movies, but in every EU thing I see him in he does a substantial amount of talking.

11. Rebel_Loyaltist

Rebel_Loyaltist Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2001
    Lando, still the coolest person in the galaxy.

12. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Jedi Grand Master

Aug 29, 1999
    I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this issue.

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Heh, very fun issue. Lando seems more like he is in Rebels than how he is in TESB. I notice it has a color pallet reminiscent of Dark Empire's, though not as extreme, which is curious considering whose ship Lando is after.

Also interesting to see Lobot volunteered to get the implant in his head, just like Tseebo, though clearly his connection to the Empire didn't last.

Kablob and The2ndQuest like this.
  14. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Can anybody tell me what species the little flying gremlin things are?

15. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I did not like it a lot and unlike other releases there was not a lot people in the comic store picking this one up. I did not like the art or the coloring especially with the quality issues that Star Wars and Darth Vader ongoing are. This has Princess Leia part 2 written all over it. By the time this series is done, almost all the OT characters will have been covered.

16. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Not quite,
    the antiquities professor is hired by Lando, likely to make an appraisal of the artifacts when they return with the ship. Sidious already had them. Though I assume he used other people to collect them at some point.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  17. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    That's close enough for me!

Tzizvvt78 likes this.
  18. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    And of course come all those........."It's the best plot ever." "This is the best comic series ever." "My gosh, the art is the best from Marvel." Yeah, right okay. Knock yourself out. :rolleyes:

19. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    So, that's a distinct change from what Lobot's background had previously been established as. I suppose it does make sense if you want to establish the two of them as having worked together prior to taking over Cloud City, however.

Also, the thought of Lobot calling anyone "brother" is hilarious on multiple levels.

20. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Excuse me sir I take issue with your broken joke detector.

21. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    And of course come all those........."It's the best joke ever." "This is the best comic timing ever." "My gosh, the comedic artistry is the best from Coffee." Yeah, right okay. Knock yourself out. :rolleyes:

22. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Yes, how dare other people enjoy something this thread is about? For shame. :p

That's the joy of having no established lines in the film.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Does this mean JJ is bringing Desmond from Lost into the movies as Lobot?

"Press this button every 1138 seconds or else Cloud City will fall"

24. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    I wonder how many ships does the Emperor have? I thought the ship was going to be something else.

25. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    I wonder how many ships does the Emperor have? I thought the ship was going to be something else.