main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics C-3PO #1: The Phantom Limb (One-Shot)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Cynical_Ben, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    [​IMG]

From TOS: http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-special-c-3po-1?linkId=16824045

2. TheyMightBeGeeks

TheyMightBeGeeks Jedi Padawan star 2

Jul 23, 2015
    There were only a handful of us that still expected this to come out and that it wasn't canceled. Already added the new info to the timeline.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    What does one shot mean? , a small run of comics like princess leia or literally one comic only?

4. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    One comic only. A small run of comics like Princess Leia, Lando or Shattered Empire is a mini series.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P3110 mit Tapatalk

5. Rebel-Jedi

Rebel-Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 26, 2005
    I wonder if this will make it into a TPB Collection at some point?

6. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    C-3PO is clearly a Sith battledroid and has decided to wear his cloth on his sleeve equip red Sith armour on his arm.

7. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Quick question for people who know more about comics than me: will this be longer than the average issue since it is a one-shot?

8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Robinson and Harris !? Marvel are really doing well on their creative pairings. (For those who wonder, it was their work on Starman that the duo is best known for)

Unlikely, but could happen - but expect a price rise if it does.

Dante1120 likes this.
  9. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Ah, figures. Thanks for the info.

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    By the by, if anyone wants to read a superhero epic that is smart, considered and has a definitive start, middle and end Starman is highly recommended.

Dante1120 likes this.
  11. RainSolo

RainSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2015
    I am interested to see how he ends up with the red arm, though I'm not sure if I'm interested enough to pick it up. We shall see...

12. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    As long as they're doing this, they should have made it 2 issues. In #1, we would see how he got his OT-era lone silver leg, in #2 the circumstances of his red arm.

13. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Lone silver leg...?

I suddenly feel like a newb as I have no clue what you are talking about. [face_blush]

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012

Look at the full shot of C-3PO when he is on the screen.

Zorrixor likes this.
  15. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I'm actually quite excited for this. Its so rare we get to see things from a droid's point of view.

16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    For those a-wonderin if this'll be collected in a trade, most definitely. However, the larger question is what trade? It sure as heck ain't gonna be in shattered empire (that has Leia #1 and OG Star Wars #1) trade. I would guess one of the main Star Wars trade collections, maybe trade #2 - which would probably come out after TFA? But for us floppie single funnybook collectors, we get to read it before TFA. Go monthly periodicals!

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  17. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I remember an old comic covered that silver leg... I think? Maybe it was the Droids comic, the Kalarba Adventures? Something like that. Maybe this red arm will turn C-3P0 into a revolutionary too like his leg did. Lego C-3P0 was pretty entertaining as an action hero post-Episode III memory wipe (until someone reminded him that he was a protocol droid, unfortunately).

That's a somewhat famous team, but not sure I care about Threepio quite that much. Especially if its just a minor detail, but guess its kind of nice to see Threepio get his own comic, even if its just a oneshot.

18. ManlyEwok

ManlyEwok Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 23, 2014
    C-3PO and R2-D2 have had many comic book adventures in the past...first with the Marvel series based on the cartoon show and then again in the 90's with Dark Horse...since I'm in the mindset that I have to own every Star Wars comic, I will definitely be picking this up!

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    With its 50% of ads and other miscellaneous garbage padding out the pages....

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  20. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
  21. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Nothing shouts "Nerd" more than going into a local comic store and asking for an issue of C3PO :p

22. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    You ain't kidding. Hot chick in line buying manga, muscle shirt big guy behind her buying deadpool shirt and you.......to the clerk: hey buddy, do you have that spiffy looking C-3PO comic book. Yeah, the one with the droid......classic.[face_laugh]:p

still looking forward to this. got to say marvel is not playing around. They've managed to make the OT characters of yesteryear vogue again

23. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    That image is brilliant. [face_laugh]

vong333 likes this.
  24. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Oh wow. Tony Harris! His art is beautiful....hope this is the first of many Star Wars one shots for this team.

Jedi Ben - yeah the price points and ads sadly kill my buying this. I do love the team (especially Harris.) Maybe when the digital has a sale, I'll pick up it then but my arms might need replacing at that point. :D

BigAl6ft6 and Jedi Ben like this.
  25. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I'm excited about this! Go 3PO!

Commander Wolffe likes this.