main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Kanan #6: The Last Padawan, Epilogue

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TheyMightBeGeeks, Sep 10, 2015.

1. TheyMightBeGeeks

TheyMightBeGeeks Jedi Padawan star 2

Jul 23, 2015
    Didn't see a thread for Kanan #6 which was just announced as being called "Haunt". A one-shot story before #7 begins the First Blood arc. Current release date: Sept. 23.

• A tale from the time of Rebels!
    • No longer a Padawan, the adult Kanan finds himself back on the planet Kaller…
    • Will his past as Caleb Dume return to haunt him?
    [​IMG]

2. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I've said it before and I'll say it again this one shot needs to keep the focus on Kanan for it to work. I don't want it to be just a comic book episode of rebels.

Having said that I hope we get more of these Ghost adventures as they're obviously a major part of his life.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

I second that statement. I'm not an overly huge fan of Kanan (the character), but I'll have to say the "Last Padawan" comics were interesting page-turners (even moreso than A New Dawn). I don't think I'll even bother getting the newest batch of comics; I'll just watch the Rebels episodes on TV.

4. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    It's sort of weird that they're distinguishing this from the Last Padawan arc.

5. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Preview:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

starfish, passer-by, Aphra and 4 others like this.
  6. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    It seems once again Fulcrum is leading the ghost into a dangerous situation..........and I thought Ahsoka was a good guy :p

I'm guessing that throughout this issue while the crew are worried about the "milk going sour" Kanan's gonna care more the visons of the past he keeps seeing.

Plus Hera looks very "interesting" in comic form ;)

smisk and JBFett007 like this.
  7. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

No ;) but then have you ever considered that Luke and Kanan are somewhat better people because they reject a lot of the Jedi thing?

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  8. SoloBrothers

SoloBrothers Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2013
    But... But... But... the new arc looks even better!

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Wait, you like the comics but you're not going to get the new ones?

Lit why you make no sense?

Why?

Just one day make sense. Pls. This Alice in Wonderland thing I just. Can't take it. I can't.

10. JBFett007

JBFett007 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 23, 2014
    I think I might like the character designs in this better than the show.

Edit: Also this presents an idea that Fulcrum already knows who Kanan is. I mean is it just a coincidence that the coordinates for the drop are the same place Kanan's order 66 event happened? On the other hand it could just be that the force is doing that guiding thing that it likes to spring on unsuspecting individuals.

AdmiralWesJanson and SilentGuy66 like this.
  11. Aphra

Aphra Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    I like Camagni's interpretations of the characters (apart from Zeb). Especially Sabine and her hair. Sabine's hair in that preview: Alternative Lifestyle Haircut goals.

AdmiralWesJanson likes this.
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

The new comics just seem like they're going to be Rebels episodes that were never meant to be aired.

13. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

So like the TCW comics? ;)

14. Aphra

Aphra Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    After this issue, they're going back to Kanan's past.

15. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    I bet after the next "padawan" arc we get a story about his time wandering the galaxy between The Last Padawan and A New Dawn

CnlSandersdeKFC likes this.
  16. passer-by

passer-by Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 25, 2010
    As long as the stories keep being so entertaining, I don't care when they take place.

17. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    It's literally just this one issue.
    The greatest thing about Star Wars is that you actually have an in-universe Force to blame for coincidences.

18. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Given how Hera isn't aware that Kanan's been to Kaller before tells me that the only person who knows about Caleb Dume and Kaller is Caleb.........and he's dead ;)

19. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    You're forgetting someone.
    [​IMG]

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  20. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    And the title of this thread is incorrect - this isn't technically a one-shot (even though there's an artist switch-out). It looks to be very much (and even the crawl notes it as) the Epilogue to the Last Padawan arc, closing the circle from where the arc started in the present.

I'm quite okay with having these 'present day' frame stories.

21. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    I hope not ALL (if any) future ghost era stories are just epilogues to flashbacks.......

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    One thing I'm not doing is buying each issue when it comes out. I did that with the first set; and plan on just waiting for the Omnibus book when it's finally available for the second set.

23. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I really hope they integrate the comic history into the cartoon series.

I would like to see Kanan have to go the Janus and Jondo for supplies...maybe be refered to as Caleb and whoever is with him asks "Who's Caleb?" Or Kanan tells Ezra the story of his survival of Order 66 and surviving on the run. Or during lightsaber training he references Master Billaba's statement about form and function.

Just my humble $0.02...but if they are both canon then we should see cross over of some characters from Kanan's past shown in the comic to what is happening in the cartoon in the present.

24. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    I think there's more chance of the events of this comic being referenced in this season of rebels (maybe season 3 at the latest) because while season one was being made the comic series probably had yet to be even thought up.

Ahsoka: I don't remember a Kanan Jarrus back at the old Jedi temple
    Kanan: That's because Kanan Jarrus didn't exist back then
    Ahsoka: Then who did?
    Kanan: Caleb Dume
    Ahsoka: The padawan of master Bilabba?
    Kanan: You knew of me?
    Ahsoka: My master met you once, he said you wouldn't stop asking questions.

pepoluan and SoloBrothers like this.
  25. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002

I like how the post following yours has, in big yellow letters, "The Last Padawan." I get there was a week between the posts, but its a funny juxtaposition nonetheless.