main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Chewbacca #4 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Nov 19, 2015.

1. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
  2. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    + Anyone think that Zarro's mask was a Metroid reference? It's close without ripping off, but the color is pretty darn close.
    - Chewbacca being mean to kids looking for credits? Not cool, Chewy!
    - Random engine killing the wolfman and destroying the AT-ST? Little bit of SW luck there.
    + Only one more comic to go! Hope it has some surprises (but I doubt it.)

3. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Boy we can tell how much excitement there is for this series. I tell ya I am right with everyone else though. If I didn't have a desire to be a completionist with this new stuff I would have stopped reading this series after the second issue. Only thing that can redeem this series for me is if Zarro bites the dust at the end of the next issue.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Heh, Chewie punching a stormtrooper in the face. Niiiiiice!

5. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    TBH I went into this issue having completely forgotten what the previous issue had been about so I was basically just reading the words looking at the pictures and just waiting to get to the end so I could make a start on Kanan and Vader Down :I

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I love the cover with the droid going "Meep!" it has a scratchy, punky feel which I think works well with the series vibe.

7. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Anyone else think Zarro used the force to redirect the engine?

8. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    I've got the first 3 issues of this series but I haven't actually started. How do people feel about it so far? I'm too much of a completionist not to follow through to the fifth issue, but my impressions are that this series is kind of ehhhh

9. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    yeah, not the .......best

10. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

It is not brilliant, but it is certainly not terrible unlike the Darth Vader series which is just getting progressively more ludicrous.

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Catching up on my comics this evening, this issue was an improvement over past issues- a lot of fun action (most of the comic is one big shoot out in the hangar bay with some really fun moments). I also really like the mechanic with his seeing eye droid- they have a good chemistry. i hope they survive this story and show up again down the road.

As I compared it in the general Marvel thread earlier this evening, this series isn't as bad as Princess Leia- it tells a cohesive story and has some creative character moments. It just aims lower at a light, inconsequential, side adventure and succeeds. It's like a 1/2 page sidebar story in an RPG sourcebook. PL aimed higher but fell way short, like a skippable short story in an anthology.

All in all I think reading this series will be found to be a much more pleasant experience than reading PL, IMO.