main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Kanan #9: First Blood, part 3 (of 5): The Canyons of Kardoa

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Dec 11, 2015.

1. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
  2. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm going to be honest. I absolutely love the idea of a bunch of Stormtroopers refusing to burst in and trying to kill everyone based solely on the fact that an alien recommended that idea first.

Sorry, an "unprofessional." :p

3. Big Fat'Lya

Big Fat'Lya Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2013
    Corporal Big-Mouth? I hope Corporal Long-Neck, Corporal Three-Horn and Corporal Spike-Tail are represented too!

4. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    I'm holding out for Corporal Sharp-Tooth myself.

5. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Corporal Big Mouth? Wonder how he got that name from his general ;)

DurararaFTW likes this.
  6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    And now, I can add another one in the long list of stupid names of the Starwars universe.

7. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Looks good, can't wait till the trade paperback.

8. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    They actually showed up in #2:
    [​IMG]

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  9. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Is this a flashback within a flashback? Is the scene just before O66?

10. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    An ok issue, though having read it I become even more convinced this series won't last past issue #12 as it seems that Caleb is already only a few weeks away from experiencing the battle of Kaller

11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    SilentGuy66, a few weeks for us, two days for Caleb...

12. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Easy, turn it into a rebels comic

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Pretty good issue. And for the Shatterpoint fans, this issue confirms that Depa's "incident" occurred on Haruun Kal. :D

14. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    It seems like we're closing the flashback loop as the final issue of this series draws near. I generally prefer the character-driven issues to the action-packed ones, this had a nice mix.

There were some nice parallels with Ezra here, with Kanan's dangerous exhilaration in the head of battle and his allies trying to get him to calm down. His bond with Stance was cool too, I hope they interact plenty in the last few issues ... though I can't see things ending well for the rookie clone! Will he get Grievous'd?!

15. GFFAwakens

GFFAwakens Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2015
    Loved the issue. This has been my favorite new SW comic of the bunch (although the last several issues of SW have been very, very good). Sad to hear that it will be ending with #12.

Ironically, I never really liked all the Clone Wars stuff in the Legends timeline and have only watched maybe 1/3 of the Clone Wars cartoon. This comic just presents the era in a way that I find totally engaging.

16. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Good issue, sad to hear that we have a few more until it's over.

No good, I'd rather they gave Depa a brand new story than make this bizarre hybrid of Legends and new stuff that just teased and broke the hearts of us Legends fans. But at least the comic is good overall, so I ALMOST forgive it, unlike Dark Disciple, which did the same thing, but lacked the quality of the Kanan comic.

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well I mean it's not like we'd ever get a Disney-sanctioned Col. Kurtz-type story anyway. ;) So I'm fine with hybridization.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  18. Matthew_Wolverine

Matthew_Wolverine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    It reminded me of this guy:

http://smurfs.wikia.com/wiki/Bigmouth

19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Solid issue, it turns out somewhat not surprisingly that the evil figure conferring with evil people in the background was General Grevious so I always kind of like seeing Grevious smack around padawans and make them run like hell, which is hopefully what will happen.

Interesting to see Caleb bond with the other outsider in his clone troop. Caleb seems to be powerful but not so much that he's Anakin Skywalker Chosen One invincible. He just kind of does things his own way and seems to (sorta) survive (even though he got shot up on his first outing here).

As for Depa's gone cray-crazy backstory being Shatterpoint - this makes it more likely but hasn't explicitly underlined it, however she still has a dark past and bad things happened to her. So this is her redemption arc from the almost bad things that were probably in Shatterpoint. Which I'm okay with. I digs me some Shatterpoint.

Sinrebirth and spicer like this.
  20. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    How tall would you reckon that Colonel Sear is?

21. ErikBridger

ErikBridger Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 3, 2014
    Do you think there will be a binder in the future, I mean an edition where all the issues of Kanan are combined in one buy? Might get that one.

22. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Hello, we HAD that arc already. It's the Umbara arc on TCW.

Cynical_Ben likes this.