main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Kanan #10: First Blood, part 4 (of 5): The Mesas of Mygeeto

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Jan 22, 2016.

1. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Didn't see a thread for this, so I thought I'd make one.

2. CnlSandersdeKFC

CnlSandersdeKFC Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2015
    I'm still loving this series, and I'm sad we only have 3 issues left :( But hey, we get Rouge Squadron The Next Generation replacing it so I guess it works out.

3. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Anybody think that if we make enough noise, they might make a third arc for this series sometime in the far future (It worked for TCW) ;)

4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I'm in for making more noise and giving Greg Weisman more work to do. :) Thoughts?

spicer likes this.
  5. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    When it comes to SW comics, imo he's proven to be capable of delivering a solid story. I certainly wouldn't mind more Weisman.

6. StoryWorthTelling

StoryWorthTelling Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2015
    Are the sales numbers not there? Because I'm buying these, so I would hope they'd continue it. Hopefully they'll pick this up again if they think they've got a good story to explore.

7. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    There sure is room for more issues in this series, and I'd certainly miss it since it's my favorite along with Vader. But I hope they wrap it up nicely by issue 12. By the looks of it, Kanan/Caleb Dume is one of the best, if not the best developed character from the new canon. We pretty much have his complete story, with the conclusion to it (probably) to be seen in Rebels.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  8. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    I'm seriously disappointed this is the end of the series, it's been amazing. I was really hoping to see more of how he got to be the dude he was in A New Dawn. And really I'm kinda pissed that they're not even replacing it with another even limited series on somebody else from the Ghost crew. I mean, I love Kanan and loved this series, but why the hell isn't there *any* material for Hera's background? Where's my Zeb mini?

9. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Kanan WILL be getting replaced with a Poe Dameron series. It's a shame I know but I think marvel execs know that the ST is more relevant than Rebels.

spicer likes this.
  10. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Ah Grievous is here. Now things are getting interesting [face_devil]

11. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    I really hope Kanan gets owned by Grievous, only to be saved by Depa or a squad of troopers. He's been a very embarrassing character since TCW, let's hope this comic represents him a bit better.

12. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Great art and action in this one. It went by way too fast. 2 more issue to go and done right?

1) I didn't think Battle Droids could climb, but I guess they can. It was a cool scene, but felt a little bit too much like World War Z with the climbing zombies.
    2) Skull Squadron was cool, I guess. I didn't know there were Mandalorians on Mygeeto. I really don't know much about it, except I think that's where Ki-Adi-Mundi is killed in Episode III, right?
    3) Sad to see Stance go, but it was inevitable.
    4) I guess we'll have to wait for the Grievous fight until next time.

Let's make sure we keep the list of K names in the new canon (kanon) updated (1/26/16):
    Kaller - a planet that Kanan visited when Kanan was both young and old(er)
    Kallerans - citizens of Kaller, green looking creatures, look like a cross between a lizard and a cobra
    Kanan - the last padawan that used to be named Caleb Dume
    Karabast - an exclamation of frustration
    Kardoa - planet where Caleb will have first mission with Master Billaba and Commander Grey and Captain Styles
    Kasmir - last name of Janus, the Kalleran who befriends Caleb
    Kaylon - clone trooper leading a squad on Mygeeto
    Kleeve - a general that looks like a devil with cybernetic left eye
    Kolara - friendly green haired young woman from the planet Carnelion IV (Obi-wan & Anakin #1)
    Kreel - Sergeant working for Vader aka his Fist (Star Wars comic)
    Krell - General Jedi turned Sith during Clone Wars, looks like Dex Jettster (Clone Wars TV show)
    Kyber Crystal - part of a lightsaber

Gorefiend likes this.
  13. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Something just struck me:
    Not only this issue has the Mandalorian Fenn Rau, but he says that "not all Mandalorians have forgotten their honor and obligations"... right after saving Depa and Caleb! :eek: Mandalorians having obligations toward Jedi? It made sense in the EU, but...

[​IMG]

14. CnlSandersdeKFC

CnlSandersdeKFC Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2015
    Ehm.... Kylo Ren.

15. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    SW: Kanan continues to amaze, awesome issue as always 8/10 :)
    +The art was spectacular in this issue
    +Fenn Rau makes his first canon appearance in this comic :D (So hyped for The Protector of Concord Dawn)
    +Stance NOOOOO :_|
    +The action was great
    +Looking forward to Depa vs Grievous :)

Favorite Quote of the Issue
    ''The name is Fenn Rau, General. And Skull Squadron is happy to demonstrate that not all Mandalorians have forgotten their honor and obligations'' - Fenn Rau

MercenaryAce likes this.
  16. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Mandos on Mygeeto? Reminds me of KT's "True Colors."

Contessa and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  17. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    We'll have to watch Rebels tonight, I guess.

Fantastic timing.

Darth Pipes likes this.
  18. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Excellent issue through and through! This series feels a lot like the good old Republic run by Dark Horse, while balancing with TCW. If only most TCW episodes were like this issue of Kanan...
    Action packed, felt like there is an actual WAR in the galaxy. Perfectly executed. I loved the panel with the B1's climbing, made them feel menacing again, something the was missing for a long time regarding those droids. I'm very intrigued by Fenn Rau, can't wait to see him in tonights episode of Rebels. And the last page with Grievous...gorgeous. Please Marvel, make his appearance in this series worth it, and depict him like the menacing Jedi killer/CIS General he's supposed to be, and not the comedic relief he was in TCW.
    Two more issues...hope they are as good as the 10 we've good so far.

The2ndQuest and Darth Pipes like this.
  19. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Also... has Zeb's grandmother passed away since the beginning of Rebels? He spoke of her in the *present* tense back in Rise of the Rebels. :(

20. BeesInABar

BeesInABar Jedi Master star 1

Sep 20, 2015
    Could be obligations to the Republic? Or a reference to something that happened in the 'Siege of Mandalore' story we never got in TCW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Nice issue, moved things along pretty well. Also gets the MVP award for including this amazing panel.
    Screen Shot 2016-01-27 at 8.14.23 PM.png

BigAl6ft6, GrimdarkRose and Taalcon like this.
  22. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Great issue and I agree...felt very much like Dark Horse-era Clone Wars.

About Rebels...

This was a great tie-in for tonight's Rebels episode, released on the same day which makes it even better. The shared universe working at its best.

23. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Good issue, but too damn short. lol Cliffhangers like this are why I usually just read the trades.

Gotta love the coordination of Fenn Rau's appearances. Sucks about Stance too, he was cool.

24. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    Greg Weisman and Pepe Laraz got me emotional over a character that has only been in two issues!

And Depa Billaba is fast becoming one of my favorite Jedi, despite being only in A New Dawn and this comic series!

25. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Pepe Laraz better get another SW book, stat. My favorite of the new Marvel SW artists by far.

BigAl6ft6 and spicer like this.