main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Kanan #11: First Blood, part 5 (of 5): The Fog of War

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Karl0413, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
  2. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015
    Lettered Preview (sorry for the double post)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Like how the ghost crew actually lost to stormtroopers for once, it shows that they can be formidable despite their bad aim, something I wish Rebels would actually show instead of just making them even more incompetent than they were in the films.

4. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    [​IMG]

Also in this case they can’t run away (which is what they smartly usually do) or get a real battle plan going (which is what tends to give them the edge ;) )

5. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Grievous' appearance in this issue is much like all his other appearances in TCW

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  6. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    An awesome conclusion to the First Blood arc, can't wait for the series finale in 3 weeks 7/10 :)
    +The art is spectacular as usual
    +Ah Grievous, I've missed seeing you in action :)
    +Colonel Sear was a cool villain, and he went out in such a awesome way. He felt very much like the regular TCW villain of the week :D
    +That good ol' Rebels humor from Kanan at the end
    -This arc felt so rushed, even though the action and art was amazing the plot felt so thin.

Favorite Quote of the Issue
    ''I do not seek the mercy of tyrants. Rather I seek to take those tyrants with me!'' - Coburn Sear

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  7. LittleDemon

LittleDemon Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 15, 2015
    Really awesome issue!
    Loved Grievous in this and the art and battle sequences are very well drawn.

I was just wondering why this issue has "only" 17 pages instead of the usual 20?
    Seems a bit odd.

8. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Great art and issue. It's bittersweet since it's the penultimate issue. My favorite part was at the end
    when Kanan woke up and broke out of the bacta tank
    . I hope everything stays on schedule and we get the conclusion in three weeks. In the meantime, I'm going back to the beginning and reading them again. :)

9. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015
    What happened to Coburn Sear?

10. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    And there's good Kanan fanservice too. [face_tee_hee]

Mia Mesharad and Gorefiend like this.
  11. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015

You just had to change your avatar, didn't you? [face_shame_on_you]

12. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    It doesn't really spoil anything, does it?

13. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015

No, it does not. I stand corrected.

14. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Karl0413
    It appears that instead of easily killing and slicing Coburn when Caleb/Kanan slides underneath him (giving into the darkside), he slices the hose providing fuel to his flame thrower instead. Caleb offers him mercy; Coburn does NOT oblige. Coburn attempts to use his flame thrower again, but now with the fuel leaking all over his body, he sets himself on fire when he hits the igniter switch. He proceeds to scream and run at Caleb who then decapitates him, putting him out of his misery. It's the first person he kills.

If I'm not mistaken Coburn's brother Rackham is still out there...

Karl0413 likes this.
  15. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I am so very glad that Grievous in this issue was much like we saw him in the micro series - he defeated a Jedi Master and Council member, but was ultimately overwhelmed by the clones and not by padawans as TCW tended to depict him. So that's a big plus from me. Also, the way Kanan finished Cobrun reminded me a bit of the lightside ending to Dark Forces II, when Kyle offers Jerec mercy, but Jerec refuses and is then killed off quickly. Kanan shattering the bacta tank and dealing with the storm troopers was awesome.

Oh, and as always Laraz does a fantastic job on the art.

16. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

Lots of double pages might account for that.

LittleDemon and TiniTinyTony like this.
  17. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I just finished re-reading #1-#5 and in #4 it said "to be concluded" and the arc was wrapped up in #5 (similar to how Lando, Leia, and Chewy were all 5 issue runs).
    #6 is titled The Last Padawan Epilogue: Haunt. (Side note: #6 is the only book where Larraz wasn't the artist, but someone named Camagni. It's unfortunate. Anyone know why this happened?)

I plan on re-reading #7-#11, but I did double check and at the end of #10 it says "to be concluded" and the arc was wrapped up in #11.

Therefore, my gut is telling me that #12 will also be an Epilogue. I'll probably post more thoughts on the matter after I re-read First Blood, but we know that the Ghost Crew has to finish escaping Kaller to get the supplies to Tarkintown and Caleb's journey to Kanan will be ending where it began.

18. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    The whole series will make for a nice hardcover.

spicer likes this.
  19. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    Kansan is so cool in this issue, it really sucks that we're only getting one more. I may re-read the whole lot before #12, to maximize the impact,

20. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015

Thanks.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, this was another great arc. REALLY bummed that it's ending. But hey, look at this amazingness-
    [​IMG]

Talk about bookends. :p

22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    That's really awesome but... what is Kanan doing with his leg on the second cover?

SilentGuy66 and Mia Mesharad like this.
  23. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Ok what is going on here

Depa Billaba is shown in her underwear while four guys are hovering around watching. Kanan is in his underwear while Hera is practically drooling over him.

I think I can call this one the underwear issue.

Anycase I really liked this arc. I'm fully content with it ending though because that means we get an X-Wing series.

24. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

Groin force kicking a Stormtrooper? ;)

25. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Everything was so on point in this issue. Props to Grievous for being legit threatening and Depa for just being awesome the way she handled him. The old Depa "died" in Shatterpoint, "new" Depa born post-coma? That's how I'm reading it.

I'm really gonna miss this series.