main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Obi-Wan&Anakin #4

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Apr 14, 2016.

1. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
  2. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    I love this series. Art and writing are top notch. Can't wait for the next issue, and't can't wait to see how both stories (The "Anakin and Obi-Wan" story, and the "Anakin and Palpatine" Story come together.

3. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Facinating, I love the story, the art work, everything. We need more books/movies set in this time period.

4. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I had to double check that cover. It looks so awesome that I was sure it was a special edition :)

spicer and La Calavera like this.
  5. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I'll be a sad fan when this mini series end.

6. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    "After a run in with Sabine, Vader wanders about oblivious to his vandalised helmet"

7. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    One could be pedantic and say that this issues cover is proof that OT must be used in all possible marketing when it comes to prequel content in order to win over fans

But personally I just think it's a great cover :D

8. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    It's reminding me how much I dislike "Short AotC Hayden" as a model for teen Anakin. It's the least interesting design they could have thought up. (Not least because it didn't require any thinking at all)

9. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    So ... Anakin was getting ready to leave the order, and go all Ronin to battle injustices that neither the Jedi Code, nor the Bureaucracy could actually handle. That's ... an important development. And THAT PANEL OF HIM HANDING THE LIGHTSABER OVER!

Also, that moment where he did some RealTalk™ with Obi-Wan about how the choice to be a Jedi was basically shoved on him by a choice made by his mom, Qui-Gon, and acting on the overwhelming cool factor on a 9 year old who didn't get that being a Jedi meant that he couldn't actually be allowed to come back to free the slaves.

This is a fantastic story.

10. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Seriously can't wait to get the TPB of this! Anakin and Obi-Wan are two of my favorites, especially during the prequels/CW, so really looking forward to reading this in full!

11. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I still think Anakin going rogue and freeing slaves on Tatooine would have been an excellent opening to Episode II or III.

darthcaedus1138 and Ghost like this.
  12. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Love the Palpatine scenes in these issues, in fact i think the big man deserves his very own series written by the guy who writes these.

13. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Sad that there's only one more issue to go. Hopefully this series has sold well enough to warrant another prequel era mini at some point....

darklordoftech and Taalcon like this.
  14. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    How about Palpatine going to Malachor with either one of his apprentices or with Plagueis?

Sable_Hart and spicer like this.
  15. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    This series is freakin' amazing. The last issue will make it or break it, but if it delivers then it's going to be the best Marvel has put thus far. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a back story for Carnelion IV at some point. The animals, those bipedal reptiles, the steam punk technology of the planet is just begging for the story to be told! Oh, and who else thought REVAN when you saw the hologram:
    [​IMG]
    Now, I know that the mask (it's obviously a mask under the hood) is obscured by shadow and it may not be Revan. But if it isn't then why is Marvel being vague? Just to tease us? Please don't...

In any case, amazing issue!

16. jeykey

jeykey Jedi Master

Jun 27, 2013
    i was thinking the same when i saw it
    i can't see the image in your spoiler

[​IMG]

spicer likes this.
  17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    God, this series is so well-written. I have to admit my reaction was "really? o_O" when they announced this thing, but it's done so much for these characters in so few pages. Completely recontextualized a lot, but resonates with the idea of slavery, control, abandonment that all runs through the PT.

And Soule says he loves Palpatine's character, so I wouldn't doubt for a second he'd like to write a Palpatine mini. And I'd be all on board for that.

Sable_Hart likes this.
  18. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    Everything Soule does is full of Forcey lore goodness. And just good drama. He finds the stories we never thought to look for, but seem absolutely natural in hindsight.

19. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Hopefully this series won't end with Anakin killing someone under questionable circumstances. The old EU was way too heavy handed that Anakin was going to turn to the dark side. This resulted in the novel Rogue Planet ending with Anakin frying Ke Daiv, and the last young Anakin/Obi-Wan comic book, Jedi Quest, featuring Anakin ruthlessly cutting down the slaver Krayn.

darklordoftech likes this.
  20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That was basically the comic book version of the first Jedi Quest junior novel.

A slightly more subtle one is Outbound Flight - with Anakin approving strongly of the way Jorus C'baoth does things - though he and Obi-Wan leave the ship before everything really goes downhill.

Rogue Planet at least had a nice and kind-hearted Anakin through most of it - who was extremely upset and remorseful about frying Ke Daiv.

21. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Anakin will be worshipped as a god by the end of the next issue. SkyGIFT/ SkyWALKER

The survivors are bound to take that as a sign and inevitably worship him after he leaves.

ifleninwasawizard likes this.
  22. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    If there is ever another arc, i would like to see Anakin and Obiwan work with another Jedi on an assignment (new character).

spicer likes this.
  23. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    yes

darklordoftech likes this.
  24. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Abel Pena's free short story, "Skyewalkers: A Clone Wars Story" has this dynamic with Anakin and Obi-Wan working with Jedi Halagad Ventor, although the story is legends now.

I want to see a Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan comic book featuring their time on Mandalore and meeting young Satine Kryze.

25. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

I also first thought when I saw that was Revan? Then again, it's probably some new ancient Sith.