main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader #24: End of Games, part 5 (of 6)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Jun 3, 2016.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

Published: August 10, 2016
    Rating: Rated T
    Writer: Kieron Gillen
    Penciller: Salvador Larroca
    Cover Artist: Salvador Larroca
    Vader is lost in his inner mindscape, lost in visions of the Force! Is he truly more machine now than man? Or can he fight his way back from the brink?

Amon_Amarth and iPodwithnomusic like this.
  2. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    So what do you suppose the significance of having Padme on this cover is? Will we see a glimpse of the light still left in Vader in this next issue or does perhaps the fact that Padme has her back to Vader hold more significance than her simply being on the cover?

3. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I wonder if it matters that Padme is in her meadow outfit. Perhaps a callback to their discussion re: politics and dictators? Is she turned from him, or is he turned from her (or both)? Or does it symbolize that she is behind him / in the past? His saber is activated - is he protecting her? What I find most Interesting is that Padme and Vader are in Vader's shadow.

4. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    To me Padme is supposed to symbolize the light still left in Vader in that picture. We know the decision to either kill off Aphra or let her survive will be coming up soon. Does the fact Padme is in that picture indicate that he is going to let Aphra live or does the fact that that light has her back turned carry more symbolism? We will have to wait and see as it could be either one. Luckily it is only three weeks away.:

We could say that that can't happen until Luke but he already showed a little bit of compassion towards Ahsoka by allowing her a chance to live (an offer she didn't take up).

Only thing that is really necessary to leave for Luke is being the one who has a chance of actually turning him back.

5. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Filoni confirmed that it was just a lie to fool Ahsoka tho, so he actually hasn't shown any compassion so far in the new canon.

6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I wonder if she will use the emperor to save her skin or if the emperor wants to use Aphra for whatever reasons, the other solution is for him to order Vader to kill her. Her proximity to the emperor worries me. [face_worried]
    Vader's proposition in TotA was totally a lie, there's no way the emperor will show her any kind of mercy, her being a former Jedi and all that, he probably think she can't be turned unlike the Grand inquisitor.

7. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    The Emperor doesn't seem to be aware of Aphra's role, so why would he want her dead? I think helping the Emperor might be Aphra's way out of a deadly situation.

Thanks Filoni for shutting down alternative interpretations. How great it is to spoon-feed the audience what to think of every line and scene. :rolleyes:

Zer0, vncredleader and fett 4 like this.
  8. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    That's why I think Palpatine will "protect" her from Vader unless she stupidly mentions her working relationship with Vader.

9. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    Ohh...man, that's a good point. Palpatine has to find out about Luke somehow.

cwustudent likes this.
  10. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    And why would Palpatine then wait so long before deciding what to do about Luke?

fett 4 likes this.
  11. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    One thing we do know is that Palpatine likes to play the waiting game, like acting as the chancellor of the republic for 13 years, so I don't think it's so unlikely for him wait a little more. He is more overconfident over his abilities.

cwustudent likes this.
  12. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    It probably wasn't even a lie.

"The Emperor will show you mercy, if you tell me where the remaining Jedi can be found."

And according to Darth Sidious, "There is no mercy."

So Sidious's 'mercy' would likely be a swift and painless death.

13. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Of course but he won't tell her that little detail.;) If the emperor is the one to kill Aphra what do you thing he'll do, lightsaber or Force lightning?

14. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Neither. He'll ever snap her neck or stop her heart with the Force.

15. Aphra

Aphra Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    I've made my opinion clear before, but just in case, I'll say it again: if I've gotta go, lightsaber please!

SilentGuy66 and spicer like this.
  16. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  17. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Forcing Vader to watch RotS is too cruel to contemplate.

18. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Well it could be worse, he could be watching AOTC. :p

19. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    TBH, RotS is by far my least favourite of the PT nowadays.

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I usually turn it off when San leaves.

Also this has been bothering me.

[​IMG]

Ulicus likes this.
  21. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    "No, Ani, I'm not talking to you. Not after you killed the Younglings!"
    "... it never bothered you before."
    "They were SAND PEOPLE, that's different. And at least two of them were CGI."

22. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000

edit: linking for the first one, not the whole thing. Because it gets weird(er)

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  23. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    To be angry is to be human I guess :p

I have to ask, why do you think RotS is the worst, I always thought it was the best of the PT, though admittedly that's not saying much.

24. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Cylo touching patting Vader's helmet like that is cruellest punishment he could ever contemplate. How am I supposed to find Vader cool now when I'll always remember he was patted like a toddler by Mr Rodian Eye :p

Commander Wolffe and cwustudent like this.
  25. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You'll find him cool because of what does in response!