main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Rogue One: Cassian & K-2SO Special #1

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, May 19, 2017.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    http://www.starwars.com/news/cassian-meets-k-2so-in-rogue-one-prequel-comic-exclusive
    [​IMG]

2. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    In Rogue One, we saw how Cassian Andor and K-2SO became legends of the Rebellion — and how their story ended. Now, we’ll finally learn how it all began.

StarWars.com is excited to announce Star Wars: Rogue One — Cassian & K-2SO Special #1, coming in August from Marvel. Written by Duane Swierczynski with art by Fernando Blanco, the 40-page one-shot will reveal how Cassian, one of the top intelligence officers of the Rebel Alliance, met K-2SO, a reprogrammed Imperial security droid. Check out the cover below by Julian Totino Tedesco, which finds the duo back-to-back, ready for battle.

[​IMG]
    Stay tuned to StarWars.com for more intel on Star Wars: Rogue One — Cassian & K-2SO Special #1!

http://www.starwars.com/news/cassian-meets-k-2so-in-rogue-one-prequel-comic-exclusive

Cannot wait!!! :D :D :D

3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I'll read this. Cassian said I had to.

4. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    K2SO: Just 40 pages and the one shot is finished. We all heard it just 40 pages and the one shot is finished. Just 40 pages and the-
    Cassian: Get reading K!

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. Counter

Counter Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 3, 2017
  6. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Oh it's a one-shot? Even better, I quite enjoyed the 3P0 one, means the storytelling will be short and compact.

revan772, Dr. Steve Brule and spicer like this.
  7. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Now all we need is a Bohdi novel and all the RO characters will have had their own EU story..........

La Calavera, Senpezeco and Revanfan1 like this.
  8. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

My thought exactly. Only Bodhi hasn't been covered thus far.

9. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I guess this is the one-shot that was cancelled last fall. I wonder what changed that they are suddenly willing to release it?

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This will be fun.

11. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    In Rogue One, we saw how Cassian Andor and K-2SO became legends of the Rebellion — and how their story ended. Now, we’ll finally learn how it all began.
    StarWars.com is excited to announce Star Wars: Rogue One — Cassian & K-2SO Special #1, coming in August from Marvel. Written by Duane Swierczynski with art by Fernando Blanco, the 40-page one-shot will reveal how Cassian, one of the top intelligence officers of the Rebel Alliance, met K-2SO, a reprogrammed Imperial security droid. Check out the cover below by Julian Totino Tedesco, which finds the duo back-to-back, ready for battle.

Stay tuned to StarWars.com for more intel on Star Wars: Rogue One — Cassian & K-2SO Special #1!

K2SO: Doesn't sound so bad to me.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  12. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

So as everyone knows by now, I freaking LOVE Cassian. I am so happy with the new canon right now. Rough start in my mind for a while but right now with a Windu comic and a Cassian comic I could not be more happy. Hope this one-shot is the gate way to a butt load of Cassian stuff.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  13. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I can't wait to get this.

14. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    I wanted more than a one shot but I'll take what I can get. :D

15. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I hope he runs into Jabba the Hutt so someone can tell Diego Luna that canonically his character touched the skin of Yabba

Vthuil and Kylun like this.
  16. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I have a feeling the Rogue One prequel comic that was cancelled got the axe because in the beginning I think Jyn was still with Saw's group up until the start of the movie. I have a feeling a large reason for the reshoots was to make Jyn a more sympathetic character that the audience could root for. Cutting her ties to Saw years prior and giving her the opinion that both sides were bad was a way to go about that. And when that happened the planned prequel comic was no longer compatible with the movie.

I would gander that the canceled comic was about how Jyn got captured by the Alliance.

As far as this being the cancelled one shot I guess it's possible. However we know that the movie didn't delve into Cassian's backstory much at all other than the fact that he had been fighting the Empire practically his entire life. So there wouldn't have been much of a reason to cancel it. Unless they decided that if they needed to cancel the mini they might as well cancel the one shot as well.

My guess though is that this is an entirely different one shot from the one that was originally planned.

Daneira likes this.
  17. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Wasn't that the miniseries they had planned?

18. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    They had a mini series and a one shot planned.

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I haven't looked forward to a comic this much since the Obi-Wan and Anakin series.

Vthuil, Revanfan1 and Darkslayer like this.
  20. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hang on--is Chirrut getting a novel and I missed it?

22. Dante1120

Dante1120 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 5, 2006
    He and Baze had the recent Guardians of the Whills novel that just came out.

23. Duguay

Duguay Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 30, 2002
    Is this a one-shot comic? Would it be collected in a trade paperback down the road?

24. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Probably the Rogue One adaptation collection.

vncredleader likes this.
  25. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    With the title of this and the Mace Windu series, I have a feeling that we will get multiple "Rogue One" one shots and "Jedi of the Republic" mini series. At least I hope.

Darkslayer and Jedi Princess like this.